Luke Cage vs Thing vs Colossus: Durability

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

maxivitopowe
Everyone is in their normal state.

Rank in order from most durable to least in each of the following situations:

1. Who can survive a beating from WWH the longest before being KOed?

2. Who can survive the hottest temperature before being burned?

3. Who can withstand the greatest pressure before being crushed?

4. Who can withstand the most pressure from an adamantium spike before being pierced?

5. Who can withstand the most energy blasts from Thanos before being KOed?

6. Who can withstand the most powerful telepathic assault?

7. Who can withstand the strongest attack imbued with magic?

StiltmanFTW
Copying threads from Bruce... really...

stick out tongue

Mindset
I thought max was bruce?

StiltmanFTW
Either that or it's Bruce's younger brother.

Stoic
I think Colossus wins across the board

juggernaut74
Colossus>Thing.

StiltmanFTW
The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

tkitna
Colossus in all of them

deathslash
What are colossus' best feats for 7 and 8?

Stoic
Originally posted by deathslash
What are colossus' best feats for 7 and 8?

you mean 6&7 right? Well he's metal and has disrupted magical beings or hurt them with his body. As for the TP? I assumed that they would all be ruined by an powerful mind assault so it really may not matter. Aside from recently being portrayed to be coated by Omnium instead of being the substance through and through as portrayed in the old days, Peter was able to no sell Wolverines claws, which cut the Thing's head open with little trouble.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Stoic
you mean 6&7 right? Well he's metal and has disrupted magical beings or hurt them with his body. As for the TP? I assumed that they would all be ruined by an powerful mind assault so it really may not matter. Aside from recently being portrayed to be coated by Omnium instead of being the substance through and through as portrayed in the old days, Peter was able to no sell Wolverines claws, which cut the Thing's head open with little trouble.

scan?

deathslash
you mean 6&7 right? Well he's metal and has disrupted magical beings or hurt them with his body. As for the TP? I assumed that they would all be ruined by an powerful mind assault so it really may not matter. Aside from recently being portrayed to be coated by Omnium instead of being the substance through and through as portrayed in the old days, Peter was able to no sell Wolverines claws, which cut the Thing's head open with little trouble. sorry. Yeah I meant 6 and 7. Weren't most of those instances based around how his enemies are particularly vulnerable to cold steel? Ben probably has the longest history of surviving magic and just last year, cage resisted and powered through planetary TP (which was also magic in nature)

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM
scan?

Scans of what Wolverine not being able to scratch Peter in the old days? I don't have them, but this is when Peter was mind controlled into working for Arcade. Also Peter used his body to hurt the Adversary way back in the 90's. Wolverine cut Ben's face which led him to wear that helmet way back when as well. Hope you recall some of those times?

sorry. Yeah I meant 6 and 7. Weren't most of those instances based around how his enemies are particularly vulnerable to cold steel? Ben probably has the longest history of surviving magic and just last year, cage resisted and powered through planetary TP (which was also magic in nature)

Yes it is due to him being made of metal, but that is a part of his power, and durability so... Also I forgot about the Cage feat. I think that Cage is more resistant to harm than Ben in many of these cases, but peter tops both. Well except for the TP resistance.

-Pr-
It used to be part of Colossus' powerset, iirc, that he was actually a disruptive force to magic, or immune to it in some way. Not that they really bother bringing it up nowadays...

Henry_Pym
Ben has a solid shot at number 1, Piotr rolls the rest though.

deathslash
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Ben has a solid shot at number 1, Piotr rolls the rest though. again, what's colossus' best tp resistance feat?

tkitna
again, what's colossus' best tp resistance feat?

Not sure what his best tp resistance feat is, but he did kind of hang out with some of the strongest telepaths in the Marvel Universe throughout his young adulthood so I would surmise that he would have more experience with tp than the Thing or Luke Cage.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Ben has a solid shot at number 1, Piotr rolls the rest though. Well WWH did use punches to beat Ben. Colossus ate his punches.

deathslash
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Well WWH did use punches to beat Ben. Colossus ate his punches. he got his arms casually broken.Originally posted by tkitna
Not sure what his best tp resistance feat is, but he did kind of hang out with some of the strongest telepaths in the Marvel Universe throughout his young adulthood so I would surmise that he would have more experience with tp than the Thing or Luke Cage. but he doesn't have anything that actually tops cage's to resistance feat?

Sin I AM
Scans of what Wolverine not being able to scratch Peter in the old days? I don't have them, but this is when Peter was mind controlled into working for Arcade. Also Peter used his body to hurt the Adversary way back in the 90's. Wolverine cut Ben's face which led him to wear that helmet way back when as well. Hope you recall some of those times?

Yes it is due to him being made of metal, but that is a part of his power, and durability so... Also I forgot about the Cage feat. I think that Cage is more resistant to harm than Ben in many of these cases, but peter tops both. Well except for the TP resistance.

no i means scans of him being coated instead of made of osmium

carver9
Sigh...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/9/90462/2144463-photo__4_.jpg

Colossus is highly immune to magic.

carver9
Just in case someone wants to question my scan as a one time showing.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/5/50518/965596-colossusandsym.jpg

Let me know if another is needed.

KingD19
he got his arms casually broken. but he doesn't have anything that actually tops cage's to resistance feat?

He got his arms bent by a Hulk who fought with him longer than most others and actually got props that he'd be a good fight for a lesser version of Hulk.

Thing on the other hand got his face smashed open in only a few hits and had no fight in him at all.

Sin I AM
has colossus ever faced thor?

carver9
Yes and Thor two pieced him.

KingD19
Only once that I'm aware of. It was after AvX when Colossus' couldn't fully control his powers and had to wear a containment suit to control his transformation.

They basically played Thor up as a super fast, warrior god with the skills of millions of years and made Colossus out to be a super slow clod who'd never fought a day in his life.(The talking cemented it as Thor pointed out how Colossus was strong, but he couldn't hurt what he couldn't hit or something like that)

He did a maneuver that ended up with Colossus on the ground and that was the whole fight. He wasn't hurt to my knowledge, just out of the way.

carver9
Colossus powers were acting up due to his power loss from Cyttorak.

deathslash
Originally posted by KingD19
He got his arms bent by a Hulk who fought with him longer than most others and actually got props that he'd be a good fight for a lesser version of Hulk.

Thing on the other hand got his face smashed open in only a few hits and had no fight in him at all. that was after the hulk fought through two teams of x-men. Meanwhile, the thing jumped in first, guns blazing and was drawing blood from banner with almost every hit.

carver9
Wasn't a great showing for Thing though. WWH stood there and let Thing pound on him.

juggernaut74

Thing on the other hand got his face smashed open in only a few hits and had no fight in him at all. Yep. The point I was trying to make was Colossus took punches better than Ben did.

KingD19
that was after the hulk fought through two teams of x-men. Meanwhile, the thing jumped in first, guns blazing and was drawing blood from banner with almost every hit.

Fought? That's not the correct term. Waded or decimated is more like it. No one on those X-Men teams did much to him aside from Kitty who sunk his arms into concrete which he quickly healed from. Everyone else got beat down. Rockslide got his arms tossed, M and Emma were nothing, he was ignoring basically everyone. So let's not act like he was really hurt. Just annoyed.

Then he and Colossus fought, Colossus put up a damn good fight, got his props, then Hulk took him down too. It was more of a fight than between WWH and Thing though.

DarkSaint85
Yeah. As soon as WWH got serious, Piotr got bent.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
Wasn't a great showing for Thing though. WWH stood there and let Thing pound on him.
And wwh was after nova and lightning attacks.

abhilegend
WWH was not a good showing for anyone sans Hulk and Sentry.

Hulk was super pissed when he fought Fantastic Four as he was there to capture Reed.

He wasn't as much angry as he faced Xavier as he knew Xavier didn't shoot him in space.

Colossus got some lip service like Martian Manhunter and got immediately owned.

While Hulk was actually going to kill Ben before sue stopped him.

Neither are good showings.

Sin I AM
Only once that I'm aware of. It was after AvX when Colossus' couldn't fully control his powers and had to wear a containment suit to control his transformation.

They basically played Thor up as a super fast, warrior god with the skills of millions of years and made Colossus out to be a super slow clod who'd never fought a day in his life.(The talking cemented it as Thor pointed out how Colossus was strong, but he couldn't hurt what he couldn't hit or something like that)

He did a maneuver that ended up with Colossus on the ground and that was the whole fight. He wasn't hurt to my knowledge, just out of the way.

That's what i was thinking. Curious as to whether or not he's ever been hit with mjolnir or thors lightning seeing as how he's so good against magic he should tank it

tkitna
Originally posted by abhilegend

It was a poor showing for Sentry. Pak wrote him as basically retarded who stood there and let the Hulk punch him. I cant see how that's considered a good showing.

carver9
Hulk allowed Sentry to pound on him and carrying him through buildings as well. Poor showings for both.

Sin I AM
Not really. WWH was all about giving Hulk kudos..showing his determination and strength. It couldve been handled better but meh it's pak

deathslash
Not really. WWH was all about giving Hulk kudos..showing his determination and strength. It couldve been handled better but meh it's pak not sure how it could have been handled better. If iron man actually had nanites that worked, he would have wrecked hulk. If xavier actually fought back, hulk would be brain dead. If strange actually fought like he normally does, banner would've been annihilated. If Reed actually wanted to, he would've transported hulk and friends to an alternate reality or the end of time and space.

-Pr-
no i means scans of him being coated instead of made of osmium

Huh?

Colossus is metal the whole way through. He's not just metal skin.

====

Yeah, WWH X-Men was badly done as hell.

StiltmanFTW
His metal form only resembles osmium.

@ Stoic - omnium is a fictional metal appearing only in MU and Colossus never has been compared to it.

Originally posted by -Pr-

It was the best tie-in from the whole event.

Everyone jobbed to the Hulk in WWH, it was his five minutes. Aside from that, the mini was great. We've seen numerous X-teams in action and Cain getting back his full power.

psycho gundam
Yeah, WWH X-Men was badly done as hell. Pre-amp Hulk beat the avengers a few times, the X-men don't have a chance post-amp

StiltmanFTW
Pr is just mad because he expected Cyclops' blast to BFR Hulk shocklaugh

psycho gundam
Rhino and Cyclops will never get respect threads and some people just need to realize that life goes on

Sin I AM
Huh?

Colossus is metal the whole way through. He's not just metal skin.

====

Someone said its been retconned

StiltmanFTW
Pfft. Someone, someone...

Someone also said you were a guy stick out tongue

-Pr-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Pre-amp Hulk beat the avengers a few times, the X-men don't have a chance post-amp

I never expected the X-Men to win. I just wanted a writer to actually know who he was writing about when he wrote the comic.

Someone said its been retconned

I haven't been reading in the last few months, but I haven't heard anything.

The only confusion I remember was over whether he was a solid metal "block", or if he had metal skin, metal organs and metal blood etc. He wouldn't be less tough either way though. Doesn't help that Marvel doesn't really go out of their way to specify.

Rhino and Cyclops will never get respect threads and some people just need to realize that life goes on

Cyclops has a respect thread.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Pr is just mad because he expected Cyclops' blast to BFR Hulk shocklaugh

Not that version, no.

StiltmanFTW
Cyclops has a respect thread.

So does Rhino, actually. His "disrespect" thread is actually filled with feats like brawling with Surfer, embarrassing Wrecking Crew, beating the shit out of Spider-Man, etc.

-Pr-
So does Rhino, actually. His "disrespect" thread is actually filled with feats like brawling with Surfer, embarrassing Wrecking Crew, beating the shit out of Spider-Man, etc.

laughing out loud

psycho gundam
Not that version, no. This was Bannerless Hulk that was steadily weakening and dying and still beat almost all the superheroes of the era decades before WWH

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/grh_zpszctwsn21.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gbgb_zpsf5m44xtm.jpg

Sin I AM
Pfft. Someone, someone...

Someone also said you were a guy stick out tongue

Almost Everyone here fantasizes about that...deep down they want that bologna pony

psycho gundam
1 more. Prof Hulk

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/ggt_zps6d5chjfs.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Cap beat U-Foes, too cool

psycho gundam
^ Huge low showing

But anyway, Cyclops damaging skin that Wolverine admitted to be harder to cut with "those claws" while still wearing his visor is a really good showing

Sin I AM
Didnt volstagg beat the u foes as well

juggernaut74
Colossus powers were acting up due to his power loss from Cyttorak. Good point.Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
And wwh was after nova and lightning attacks. People seem to overlook that fact.

-Pr-
This was Bannerless Hulk that was steadily weakening and dying and still beat almost all the superheroes of the era decades before WWH

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/grh_zpszctwsn21.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gbgb_zpsf5m44xtm.jpg

And that's supposed to mean what exactly?

^ Huge low showing

But anyway, Cyclops damaging skin that Wolverine admitted to be harder to cut with "those claws" while still wearing his visor is a really good showing

Especially with his visor on.

StiltmanFTW
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-62bBDXGI_RQ/TdbizEAUd6I/AAAAAAAAAVI/ajGJNrYsHCQ/s1600/xmennamorannual1c%2Bcyclops%2Bnamor.JPG

http://i58.tinypic.com/211p7i0.jpg

-Pr-
Yeah I remember the Namor thing. Was weird.

StiltmanFTW
Well, Namor is really that powerful.

And Cyclops' blasts... aren't that powerful.

stick out tongue

O5 Cyke did have a nice showing against team-wrecking Gladiator, though:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23374/3696281-all-new+x-men+024-014.jpg

First shot in the mouth, second one to the ass shocklaugh Wth marvel editors are doing, allowing all of that? laughing out loud

Sin I AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-62bBDXGI_RQ/TdbizEAUd6I/AAAAAAAAAVI/ajGJNrYsHCQ/s1600/xmennamorannual1c%2Bcyclops%2Bnamor.JPG

http://i58.tinypic.com/211p7i0.jpg

Negative zone?

-Pr-
Well, Namor is really that powerful.

And Cyclops' blasts... aren't that powerful.

stick out tongue

O5 Cyke did have a nice showing against team-wrecking Gladiator, though:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23374/3696281-all-new+x-men+024-014.jpg

First shot in the mouth, second one to the ass shocklaugh Wth marvel editors are doing, allowing all of that? laughing out loud

Most writers tend not to know how to write Cyclops anyway, tbh.

juggernaut74
Just in case someone wants to question my scan as a one time showing.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/5/50518/965596-colossusandsym.jpg

Let me know if another is needed. Here is another more recent...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20agillity%20and%20speed/X-MenClanDestine2.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Most writers tend not to know how to write Cyclops anyway, tbh.

Remind me to buy you his every appearance under Fraction wink

shocklaugh

Jokes aside, Fraction looks like an X-genius compared to Bendis...

Sin I AM
not sure how it could have been handled better. If iron man actually had nanites that worked, he would have wrecked hulk. If xavier actually fought back, hulk would be brain dead. If strange actually fought like he normally does, banner would've been annihilated. If Reed actually wanted to, he would've transported hulk and friends to an alternate reality or the end of time and space.

True..marvel had to job everyone out to deal with a brick. Hmmm i wonder how it would've been written without pis. Also has black bolt encountered him since?

KingD19
Bendis is the guy who has Juggernaut's powers come from his helmet in Ultimate Spider-Man...I never expect much from him.

StiltmanFTW
Bendis is the guy who has Juggernaut's powers come from his helmet in Ultimate Spider-Man...I never expect much from him.

What? When? Comic or tv show?

To be fair, there were some ideas originally about making the helmet being responsible for powering Juggernaut up, but that was decades ago and I'm not sure how it exactly worked or if the retcon was necessary.

-Pr-
Remind me to buy you his every appearance under Fraction wink

shocklaugh

Jokes aside, Fraction looks like an X-genius compared to Bendis...

That's not saying much.

StiltmanFTW
You'd probably want Whedon back.

deathslash
True..marvel had to job everyone out to deal with a brick. Hmmm i wonder how it would've been written without pis. Also has black bolt encountered him since? was that actually black bolt? I thought it was a skrull posing as him.

Sin I AM
It was a skrull but im not sure when the switch was made

deathslash
It was a skrull but im not sure when the switch was made according to the illuminati, it was since their very first adventure together and bb came back after the secret invasion.

StiltmanFTW
WWH fought Skrull Bolt, yes.

carver9
It was originally Black Bolt until peeps complained. Then they decided to turn it into Skrull Bolt. Doesn't matter though. The Skrull fts is better than the real deal.

StiltmanFTW
"Peeps" complaining wasn't what got it retconned, Marvel has been planning it for quite a while. Secret Invasion happened right after WWH.

WWH was operating at a high enough power level that he would probably beat the real deal too, though.

The Skrull fts is better than the real deal.

No. Just no.

-Pr-
You'd probably want Whedon back.

Whedon, Brubaker... Gillen without editorial oversight...

Sin I AM
It was originally Black Bolt until peeps complained. Then they decided to turn it into Skrull Bolt. Doesn't matter though. The Skrull fts is better than the real deal.

Lmfao no. Black bolt has hulks number just like norrin does. Fact

KingD19
What? When? Comic or tv show?

To be fair, there were some ideas originally about making the helmet being responsible for powering Juggernaut up, but that was decades ago and I'm not sure how it exactly worked or if the retcon was necessary.

The cartoon currently on Disney XD. Juggernaut was weak as shit in that episode, and as soon as Spidey got his helmet off(I guess because they had no telepaths), they just made it so it was the source of all his power. He headbutted a girder and ko'd himself. I shit you not.

tkitna
Hulk allowed Sentry to pound on him and carrying him through buildings as well. Poor showings for both.

thumb up

zopzop
IMHO, Thing wins in all except magic resistance (Colossus got that one in the bag).

Also, Colossus' showings vs Wolverine's claws are sort of inconsistent. In one showing he slashes Colossus and nothing but sparks happen. In other showings he actually draws blood. I wish the writers would make up their minds.

KingD19
The only time he's drawn blood, he was amped up by a demon. Every other time he's just gotten sparks.

zopzop
The only time he's drawn blood, he was amped up by a demon. Every other time he's just gotten sparks.
No I think there was an earlier scan in the 90s where Colossus stated that Wolverine almost cut him to the bone.
http://s15.postimg.org/doisfz247/3079985_wolvcolossus7xnaw2.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Some demon bit Colossus recently and he was bleeding from the arm.

-Pr-
Also the bit with Shaw in his hallucination.

StiltmanFTW
And Omega Red digging his fingers in his skin.

deathslash
Originally posted by zopzop
IMHO, Thing wins in all except magic resistance (Colossus got that one in the bag).

Also, Colossus' showings vs Wolverine's claws are sort of inconsistent. In one showing he slashes Colossus and nothing but sparks happen. In other showings he actually draws blood. I wish the writers would make up their minds. naw, cage almost certainly has the best to resistance.

Yeah, it's especially stupid when Logan is drawing blood from much more durable characters but somehow can't cut colossus.

StiltmanFTW
His worst classic showing has him scoring Piotr's armor and the impartial narrator stating that its no match for adamantium.

One attempt doesn't matter much, anyway. Wolverine failed to cut Exodus once, but succeeded in every other attempt. Fully TO Cable withstood the claws to the torso, then got stabbed two times. WWH got props for him for no-selling one swipe, then got cut the shit out of him. There are more examples, I'm sure.

http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/23114617_mw.jpeg

(...) some cuts shallow, others deep, some doing no real damage -- others, considerable.

Whedon, Brubaker... Gillen without editorial oversight...

thumb up

zopzop
naw, cage almost certainly has the best to resistance.

You sure? Thing is incredibly strong willed and has resisted powerful telepaths like Xemu and the Serpent Crown itself (the previous owner was calling it back to him but still). Nothing Cage has done compares to that.

deathslash
You sure? Thing is incredibly strong willed and has resisted powerful telepaths like Xemu and the Serpent Crown itself (the previous owner was calling it back to him but still). Nothing Cage has done compares to that. he resisted planetary to that was also mystical in nature (it should be noted that everyone on the face of the planet was affected by it and characters like captain america, iron man, etc were all affected by it).

juggernaut74
Colossus is the obvious #1 but who is #2?

zopzop
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Colossus is the obvious #1 but who is #2?
He's only #1 in magic resistance. Thing is #1 in the rest.

deathslash
He's only #1 in magic resistance. Thing is #1 in the rest. naw, luke cage is clearly taking the first category. Both Peter and Ben got wrecked by hulk. The very fact that hulk had to sick his minions (who had to resort to bfr) on luke says that luke would have kicked his ass while taking absolutely no damage. I have solid evidence backing all of this.

juggernaut74
I'd put Cage above Grimm for sure.

maxivitopowe
I was thinking

Luke
Colossus
Thing

Tony Stark
Originally posted by tkitna
Not sure what his best tp resistance feat is, but he did kind of hang out with some of the strongest telepaths in the Marvel Universe throughout his young adulthood so I would surmise that he would have more experience with tp than the Thing or Luke Cage.

Ever heard of Franklin Richards?

maxivitopowe
That's 1 vs 6+

nwg202
Some demon bit Colossus recently and he was bleeding from the arm.

I think that was in INFERNO.

Magik also tore through his armor. He was surprised that he was bleeding since he was supposed to be made of solid metal.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108342/4830038-inferno_2015_005-013.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108342/4830039-inferno_2015_005-014.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108342/4830040-inferno_2015_005-015.jpg

I remember Colossus was supposed to bleed energy if you managed to get past this armor. He was bleeding energy when the Celestial blasted him IIRC. Has he ever bled from a non magical attack?

deathslash
Logan's claws?

-Pr-
Originally posted by nwg202
I think that was in INFERNO.

Magik also tore through his armor. He was surprised that he was bleeding since he was supposed to be made of solid metal.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108342/4830038-inferno_2015_005-013.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108342/4830039-inferno_2015_005-014.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108342/4830040-inferno_2015_005-015.jpg

I remember Colossus was supposed to bleed energy if you managed to get past this armor. He was bleeding energy when the Celestial blasted him IIRC. Has he ever bled from a non magical attack?

Is that book not canon, though?

He "bled" energy during the Mutant Massacre storyline, but I don't think it was meant as literal blood. More a disruption in the energy that makes his armoured form so special.

Logan's claws?

Colossus had red blood when demon Logan slashed him. Utterly terrible writing.

h1a8

Also, Colossus' showings vs Wolverine's claws are sort of inconsistent. In one showing he slashes Colossus and nothing but sparks happen. In other showings he actually draws blood. I wish the writers would make up their minds. scans of him drawing blood. I never seen Logan ever damage Colossus.

-Pr-
Originally posted by h1a8
scans of him drawing blood. I never seen Logan ever damage Colossus.

During the Logan Demon arc, he did, and like I said, it was stupid.

deathslash
During the Logan Demon arc, he did, and like I said, it was stupid. it was the most amazing arc ever. That part where archangel was bleeding from the eyes because the demon stared him in the face had me rotfl.

-Pr-
it was the most amazing arc ever. That part where archangel was bleeding from the eyes because the demon stared him in the face had me rotfl.

laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
During the Logan Demon arc, he did, and like I said, it was stupid.

Pr, you need to know that it's been happening a lot in recent years.

I understand that you believe he's a solid chunk of metal with no blood inside (or at best it not being red in color), but... Aaron is hardly the only writer to make Colossus bleed.

Pete Wisdom, Omega Red (under Bru), recently a demon-king from Limbo...

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by abhilegend

Hulk was super pissed when he fought Fantastic Four as he was there to capture Reed.

He wasn't as much angry as he faced Xavier as he knew Xavier didn't shoot him in space.

Colossus got some lip service like Martian Manhunter and got immediately owned.

While Hulk was actually going to kill Ben before sue stopped him.

Neither are good showings.

Full powered Juggernaut

Blue Area Vet
1 more. Prof Hulk

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/ggt_zps6d5chjfs.jpg

Nice feat

Blue Area Vet

laughing Okay.

-Pr-
Pr, you need to know that it's been happening a lot in recent years.

I understand that you believe he's a solid chunk of metal with no blood inside (or at best it not being red in color), but... Aaron is hardly the only writer to make Colossus bleed.

Pete Wisdom, Omega Red (under Bru), recently a demon-king from Limbo...

Actually no, lol. stick out tongue

My belief is that he's metal all the way through, but in the sense that every part of him, every organ, every cell is also metal. It explains why he has bones, and why he can "bleed".

Bleeding red blood just seems stupid to me, and inconsistent. Could be artist error, sure.

I'm still not sure if this whole Limbo book is canon though, unless you mean a different one.

Magnon
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Nice feat

Hulk was literally crawling forward. Vector would only have had to walk backwards at the same pace and he'd have killed Hulk.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Magnon
Hulk was literally crawling forward. Vector would only have had to walk backwards at the same pace and he'd have killed Hulk.

LOL, quite true. Wouldn't be comics, though.

StiltmanFTW
Actually no, lol. stick out tongue

My belief is that he's metal all the way through, but in the sense that every part of him, every organ, every cell is also metal. It explains why he has bones, and why he can "bleed".

Bleeding red blood just seems stupid to me, and inconsistent. Could be artist error, sure.

I'm still not sure if this whole Limbo book is canon though, unless you mean a different one.

Ah. I see. Only Whedon got it right, then... in the battle vs. Shaw illusion. Even the Hulk has been drawn bleeding red though (many times), so it's not that bad of an error. Not for Marvel's standards, where most editors take cash for doing a whole lot of nothing.

I admit I'm not sure myself (talking about juggs' scans from the respect thread of course). The whole Secret Wars event made it unclear as to what is and what is not canon.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
LOL, quite true. Wouldn't be comics, though.

Come to think of it, if Vector wasn't braced, shouldn't he be sliding back himself?

-Pr-
Ah. I see. Only Whedon got it right, then... in the battle vs. Shaw illusion. Even the Hulk has been drawn bleeding red though (many times), so it's not that bad of an error. Not for Marvel's standards, where most editors take cash for doing a whole lot of nothing.

I admit I'm not sure myself (talking about juggs' scans from the respect thread of course). The whole Secret Wars event made it unclear as to what is and what is not canon.

I found a bunch of references that directly state he has bones, or that his body reacts like a normal body.

Plus, he had sex with Domino, so it would stand to reason that he has something resembling blood.

Shaw is the best example though, yeah.

nwg202
Is that book not canon, though?

He "bled" energy during the Mutant Massacre storyline, but I don't think it was meant as literal blood. More a disruption in the energy that makes his armoured form so special.

Colossus had red blood when demon Logan slashed him. Utterly terrible writing.

Yeah, I'm not sure if the Secret War's tie ins are canon.

Regarding magical based foe's making him bleed, I guess i can buy it depending on the power of the opponent. The more powerful magic users tend to veer into reality warping category.

Magik made a regular chair "bleed" and sliced a robot in half with each half turning into demon like things complete with individual thought.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108342/4886960-screen+shot+2015-11-01+at+11.17.48+pm.png

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108342/4909946-screen+shot+2015-11-15+at+11.38.15+pm.png

How powerful was the demon that took over Logan? Was reality warping a part of this power set?

nwg202
His worst classic showing has him scoring Piotr's armor and the impartial narrator stating that its no match for adamantium.

One attempt doesn't matter much, anyway. Wolverine failed to cut Exodus once, but succeeded in every other attempt. Fully TO Cable withstood the claws to the torso, then got stabbed two times. WWH got props for him for no-selling one swipe, then got cut the shit out of him. There are more examples, I'm sure.

http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/23114617_mw.jpeg

(...) some cuts shallow, others deep, some doing no real damage -- others, considerable.

thumb up

Colossus didn't seem to bleed after S'ym broke off a piece and Logan's claws and impailed him with it. The demon also tanked Logan's slashes without getting scratched.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108342/4909482-screen+shot+2015-11-15+at+4.57.24+pm.png

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108342/4909483-screen+shot+2015-11-15+at+4.57.34+pm.png

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108342/4909484-screen+shot+2015-11-15+at+4.58.07+pm.png

StiltmanFTW
More like instantly healing than tanking. He did get stabbed.

As for Colossus, yeah, back in the day you couldn't really find an instance with him bleeding. Riptide shurikens are another example.

StiltmanFTW
How powerful was the demon that took over Logan? Was reality warping a part of this power set?

Multiple demons, actually. Not clear what his exact powerset was. I guess it's plausible he was capable of some low reality manip feats, as he did go Resident Evil on Angel and reversed Magneto's powers.

In the same era of comics, Colossus has been shown bleeding on other occasions, so it's not that much of a deal.

-Pr-
Yeah, I'm not sure if the Secret War's tie ins are canon.

Regarding magical based foe's making him bleed, I guess i can buy it depending on the power of the opponent. The more powerful magic users tend to veer into reality warping category.

Magik made a regular chair "bleed" and sliced a robot in half with each half turning into demon like things complete with individual thought.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108342/4886960-screen+shot+2015-11-01+at+11.17.48+pm.png

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108342/4909946-screen+shot+2015-11-15+at+11.38.15+pm.png

I honestly don't know, now that I think about it.

It's sad though, as under Claremont very specifically wanted Colossus to have a high degree of resistance to magic/sorcery, even going so far as to have Colossus say he was impervious to magic due to how similar his body was to iron (something that the demons at the time were severely allergic to).

nwg202
I honestly don't know, now that I think about it.

It's sad though, as under Claremont very specifically wanted Colossus to have a high degree of resistance to magic/sorcery, even going so far as to have Colossus say he was impervious to magic due to how similar his body was to iron (something that the demons at the time were severely allergic to).

Agreed. I personality would still give him a high degree of resistance to magic. I wouldn't expect some random two bit magician or demon to be able to affect him. When it comes to higher tier magic users that might be a different story. I can't picture him waltzing into Mephisto's realm or any hell realm for that matter and seeing him just tanking everything thrown at him.

Similar to people with TP shields, most of them have high resistance but not complete immunity. Cain got TP'ed by Jean with his helmet on IIRC.

-Pr-
Agreed. I personality would still give him a high degree of resistance to magic. I wouldn't expect some random two bit magician or demon to be able to affect him. When it comes to higher tier magic users that might be a different story. I wouldn't expect him to waltz into Mephisto's realm and just tank everything thrown at him.

Similar to people with TP shields, most of them have high resistance but not complete immunity. Cain got TP'ed by Jean with his helmet on IIRC.

I'd be fine with something like that, but it genuinely feels like, at times, nobody read the Claremont stuff, or they did and just don't care as it doesn't serve the story.

juggernaut74
When I think of Colossus body composition I think of him being solid metal. Meaning bones, organs, etc. as being steel. There has been numerous instances stating he has steel bones and the like. There is also times where he has been shown to bleed red, like when Juggernaut was recently punching him in the Amazing X-Men issue as I recall he was spitting out blood.

The two times he had his arms broken I got the impression that he was solid metal mostly because Strong Guy had to bend them back into place so Elixir could heal them when he turned human. I also think when Pete Wisdom damaged him his spine was stated as being metal iirc.

Basically the writers/editors need to get their sh!t together on this.

-Pr-
I don't recall Juggernaut making him bleed, but iirc Colossus mentioned that he had broken ribs, which further supports him having metal organs/bones etc.

juggernaut74
Before he got the full power back Cain was making him spit out blood or maybe I am remembering wrong.

I also recall reading a couple of issue where it was stated that Colossus don't have vitals such as a heartbeat or pulse or something along those lines.

KingD19
Cain hit him and "blood" supposedly sprayed from his mouth. But if it's blood, it shouldn't be red as his powers clearly state he doesn't even have carbon atoms in that form. It's all exchanged for metal, so if he did bleed, it'd be similar to when Shaw clapped his ears in his vision and what looked like mercury came out.

And I saw it earlier, but on the topic of Omega Red making him bleed, it looked like he was somehow turning him normal again which is the only explanation on how that should have/could have happened.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.