So the datapad is the Star Wars equivalent of an iphone?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
Datapads are like iphones or ipads, right?

JKBart
they are like iPads yez

FreshestSlice
No.

By the way, Bart, where is your datapad? I haven't seen it.

JKBart
I'm polish poorfag I obviously have no datapad http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/1790400411.gif

Q99
They're more like old PDAs- they contain and show information, but probably aren't nearly as multi-use.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by JKBart
I'm polish poorfag I obviously have no datapad http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/1790400411.gif
You obviously need to hurry up and an hero, then.

JKBart
I tried committing an bane yesterday again, but the rope failed me again like any item bought in Poland sad

FreshestSlice
Get Germany or Russia to invade again. Rope is the only thing Russia can get right, and Germany always has top-tier shit. Poland's been able to do that at least for almost a thousand years. Just invite them back.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Q99
They're more like old PDAs- they contain and show information, but probably aren't nearly as multi-use.

Actually Datapads can do a number of pretty neat things.

Datapads can also include

- Special programs to interact with computerized tools, weapons and vehicles.

- Galactic Universal Translator which analyzes and interprets unknown computer systems and develops programs to exchange data.

- There can be customized programs for specialized tasks in a number of fields. IE: Starship work, Medics and so on, so forth.

So...yeah, datapads are more than just old PDAs.

ILS
Don't even bother wolf, Q99 has a longstanding hatred of PDAs he refuses to let go of.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Actually Datapads can do a number of pretty neat things.

Datapads can also include

- Special programs to interact with computerized tools, weapons and vehicles.

- Galactic Universal Translator which analyzes and interprets unknown computer systems and develops programs to exchange data.

- There can be customized programs for specialized tasks in a number of fields. IE: Starship work, Medics and so on, so forth.

So...yeah, datapads are more than just old PDAs.
Those sources just point that it depends on the datapad. Some are like PDAs. Some are not. Seems logical to me.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Those sources just point that it depends on the datapad. Some are like PDAs. Some are not. Seems logical to me.

No that's describing standard datapads, IE: Common/Standard features/Generic, but can have other things added on with the programs.

But what I mean is, Datapads can be more than old PDAs. Not saying that they can't be either.

FreshestSlice
Yeah. PDA's can do most of those things too, in case you didn't know that.

ILS
Scans or gtfo, PDA wanker.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Yeah. PDA's can do most of those things too, in case you didn't know that.

Old PDAs though? Cause as I recall, old PDAs couldn't do a whole lot. Which is what Q was saying.

FreshestSlice
Yeah, old PDA's could do those things. Obviously not as well as they can in SW or now, but they could.

Zenwolf
Well then they aren't really like old PDAs if they can do better.

But then regardless alright I guess, it's been awhile since I've seen or used a PDA anyhow so my memory is a little bad on those.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.