Does Christianity preach tolerance or intolerance?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SamZED
Discuss.

Bardock42
Depends on the particular sect. The bible can be interpreted either way obviously, though the Jesus parts seem to be leaning towards tolerance heavily. However you can see how many intolerant Christians there are, so, like with most religion, you can justify basically any of your beliefs based on it.

Genesis-Soldier
tolerant towards some ( in this case people)

intolerant to those against the internal laws and beliefs of the church

FinalAnswer
Jesus preached tolerance, but non-secular Christianity as a whole, for the most part, is pretty intolerant.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Jesus preached tolerance ...

He actually did not.
Please click and read the following article.

http://jamedders.com/jesus-is-totally-intolerant/#

Note that I would suggest an Authorized King James Version of the Bible be used in place of the ESV quoted for scripture in the above article, but have little if any disagreement with what the author has written or presented regarding this topic outside of that.

psmith81992
Tolerance or intolerance isn't a byproduct of religion, it's mankind.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by psmith81992
Tolerance or intolerance isn't a byproduct of religion, it's mankind.

so is religion. thumb up

Star428
Religion, yes. God Himself? Nope. Man is a byproduct of God. Not the other way around. thumb up

Bashar Teg
oh right we're presupposing that god is real...i'm sorry.

what i meant to say was: "so is religion (except of course for your One True Religion)" thumb up

long pig
Jesus didn't preach tolerance, you liberal turds. Neither does the bible.

psmith81992
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
so is religion. thumb up

So is moral relativism and political ideology thumb up

Bashar Teg
Well...uh...yes. agreed. Your point?

Ionceknewu
oh right we're presupposing that god is real...i'm sorry.

what i meant to say was: "so is religion (except of course for your One True Religion)" thumb up

Of course God is real, isn't the miracle of creation proof enough for you liberal.

Bashar Teg
i get it now! god's existence is proof that creation is a miracle! and to further your point, wouldn't that in turn prove that god exists? i've been so blind!

Ionceknewu
i get it now! god's existence is proof that creation is a miracle! and to further your point, wouldn't that in turn prove that god exists? i've been so blind!

Ionceknewu

smile But God is real, I read it in a book.

Bashar Teg
eeeh laying it on too thick. reel it back a bit.

Ionceknewu
eeeh laying it on too thick. reel it back a bit.

Always my problem sadly, I just can't help veering into the ludicrous and ridiculous. I get carried away, and it stops being zany and ends up disturbing and surreal. Anyhooo have a good evening.

Star428
Originally posted by Ionceknewu
Of course God is real, isn't the miracle of creation proof enough for you liberal.

OF course it isn't enough for them because they're stubborn. They'd rather believe everything came into being out of absolutely NOTHING and for no reason other than being an accident. LMAO. And they claim they're the "logical" ones. laughing out loud

Bashar Teg
Ooo nice one! Get the net!

Robtard
Originally posted by Star428
OF course it isn't enough for them because they're stubborn. They'd rather believe everything came into being out of absolutely NOTHING and for no reason other than being an accident. LMAO. And they claim they're the "logical" ones. laughing out loud

If you're going to bash something, at least get the tenets of what you're bashing down correctly.

Trocity
Star is so full of anger, I love it.

StyleTime
Jesus seemed pretty tolerant, although people debate the Bible as much as any other text, so your mileage may vary I guess.

It's hard to answer definitively, since the followers determine what a religion preaches, and they don't all agree. There's Christians that wouldn't see eye to eye with say, Star428, for example.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.