Star Wars Rebels: Why didn't Vader send Starkiller?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Why didn't Vader send Starkiller to deal with the Rebels on Lothal? Galen could have easily killed Kanan, Ezra and Ahsoka. Or had he already joined the Rebellion with Kota?

NewGuy01
Because SK doesn't exist anymore. He was written out of the canon storyline.

Darth Truculent
Thanks for answering the question . . .

carthage
Because Starkiller would've raised censorship issues over how bloodied and dismembered he'd leave Kanan's and Ezra's corpses

Q99
A couple reasons. One, as mentioned, not in new canon.

Two, I don't think the timeframe lines up. Rebels is several years before he's deployed.

NewGuy01
I'm pretty sure the time frames are relatively close tbh.

Q99
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I'm pretty sure the time frames are relatively close tbh.

5 BBY vs 3~2 BBY.

So, Skykiller's training is still a couple years before he's considered ready to take on Rahm Kota- and we don't know how much he improved in those years. Furthermore, a lot of his purpose is to be a *secret*, someone trained up to a sufficient level before being unveiled as a surprise weapon. So before that point, he was only used to handle internal imperial assassinations, nothing that'd show his true level.

Kinda similarly, Mara Jade was as yet in training.

Trocity
Great question...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/90/67/a0/9067a01aac0b4762281e9471c596774a.jpg

NTJack0
He doesn't exist, how dare you speak of that trash.

|King Joker|
Galen would be like 15 years old as of Rebels (he was born in 19 B.B.Y., right?) so he wouldn't even be capable of defeating someone like Ahsoka, TBH.

And like others have said, he doesn't exist, lol.

Beniboybling
Galen was actually around 15 during the events of TFU...

|King Joker|
I thought he was like 17?

ILS
Didn't realize he was that young, holy shit lol.

Q99
Wookiepedia says 17, and yea, he's not the youngest looking 17 year old ever smile

I mean, he could probably beat Kanan at 14-15, but why risk it?

FreshestSlice
That's probably because the guy they based his face off of was in his 30s when the game released.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by |King Joker|
I thought he was like 17? You're right he was when he died, but he was 16 when Vader made him an official apprentice.

All in all at 15 he was probably still pretty bad@ss.

The Wookie only estimates him to have been born around 19BBY though, so he could be a year or two older.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Beniboybling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6bEs3dxjPg&t=0m39s

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.