Magneto vs. Graviton

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
Discuss.

carver9
Is Mags at full power?

zopzop
Graviton.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
Is Mags at full power?

Yup.

carver9
Could go either way.

Flyattractor
Do you doubt the Power of the Big Purple Man Diaper!?

Genii96
magneto wins......electromagnetism is a lot more powerful than gravity

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Genii96

In the close range but with increasing mass the gravity becomes superior.

riv6672
I've seen this before, and fsll in the "could go either way" camp, as both characters are beastly.
Usually Magneto will edge out the majority of votes though because...he's Magneto.

Genii96
magneto also has many one hit kill moves that bypass durability too,

long pig
Where are they fighting?

riv6672
If not specified isnt it usually a featureless environment?

StiltmanFTW
Yep.

Didn't want to give any advantage to either side.

Scoobless
magneto also has many one hit kill moves that bypass durability too,

So does Graviton.

I see these two becoming buddies, having a drink, asking each other questions like "do things ever stick to you?" "do you have trouble with computers?" "where can I get my cape altered?" "how come iron man beat both of us solo when we wrecked his shit along with his entire team?".......

riv6672
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yep.

Didn't want to give any advantage to either side.
Good call.
Makes for a very even contest.

Genii96
Originally posted by Scoobless
So does Graviton.

I see these two becoming buddies, having a drink, asking each other questions like "do things ever stick to you?" "do you have trouble with computers?" "where can I get my cape altered?" "how come iron man beat both of us solo when we wrecked his shit along with his entire team?".......
lolz.....actually if you are reffering to avx for iron man beating mags....that was a cheap shot after mags noticed the phoenix and stopped...infact i dont think he was knocked out.....later on mags had iron man on his knees before pietro attacked him iirc

basilisk
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
In the close range but with increasing mass the gravity becomes superior.

That's it really. Something like a black hole or a neutron star exerts stronger force than electromagnetic phenomena. Also electromagnetism has no direct effect on the force of gravity, but electromagnetic fields are directly influenced by gravity (I think this is something to do with the photons which transmit the EM field having mass). In the comics, Graviton (who is a comic book physicist himself) touched on this when he said he could disrupt the cohesion of electromagnetic fields.

In the end though, in a comic this is the sort of fight that can go either way, but I'd give Graviton the edge if he is also at his full power.

And this thread has been done before somewhere with quite a lot of discussion about their powers...

riv6672
Its a great match up.

Genii96
in the previous thread with these two,the consensus was magneto would win cuz his attacks were faster

Genii96
and thanx for the science lesson

TheLordofMurder
Whoever gets the 1st big attack in wins...

Both characters are fully capable of killing the other...

As a result I call this dead even...

Scoobless
Yeah, it basically comes down to which one you like more.

If I had to choose I'd prefer Gravity powers, so I'd side with Graviton, but it's still pretty much a toss up.

riv6672
You two have pretty well summed things up.

I'd go for the gravity powers, too, BTW.

Genii96
i wonder what would happen if they were to fight in space

DarkSaint85
i wonder what would happen if they were to fight in space

Presumably they'd both suffocate from lack of oxygen - but why else would space make a difference?

TheHulk
Could go either way. But i'll place my money on Mags....

Zack M
50/50

StiltmanFTW
Shameless bump.

-K-M-
Graviton Respect Thread
http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=8376.0

StiltmanFTW
Oh, so that's why you made a thread with him smile

Great job. You really do make the best respect threads thumb up

-K-M-
I have my motives

http://media.tumblr.com/bc159bb9f9f5753811196e97d6a98e8f/tumblr_inline_mhykghUWeq1qz4rgp.gif

I can't post them here as the board is so glitchy

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, I know. Sometimes all text goes missing, that's the most annoying part. Quote function fails big time, too.

So much Spider-Man ownage there big grin

-K-M-
Even PM's aren't working anymore. Only matter of time before this board completely crashes

riv6672
I blame Magneto. He's trying to cover up this embaressing loss to Geaviton.

Zack M
Split.

Smurph
thumb up

Magneto.

riv6672
Originally posted by Zack M
Split.
Split?
Why i oughta...mad

Dampyre
Graviton wins. Magneto simply doesn't operate on Graviton's level.

Bentley
Kang kills both, they are meaningless second stringers.

riv6672
Well, you would know.

deathslash
Originally posted by Bentley
Kang kills both, they are meaningless second stringers. nope, he's too busy getting his ass handed to him by his dad to intervene in this fight.

riv6672
His dad?

Surtur
Originally posted by riv6672
You two have pretty well summed things up.

I'd go for the gravity powers, too, BTW.

I'd actually go for Magneto's powers. You notice I didn't say that I'd go for magnetic powers, but rather specifically Magneto's? This is because Magneto can pretty much do anything the plot requires as long as they toss in some kind of mumbo jumbo about electromagnetism. Also at his strongest he has shown he can use his powers on non-metal objects.

-K-M-
You literally just described graviton and his powers

riv6672
Haha, so true, which us why this versus becomes a popularity contest IMO.

Genii96
I'd take mags tbh...

Horrificus
Since Magneto has no physical attributes that would aid him, couldnt Graviton simply crush him like a beer can?

-K-M-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.