Force user most dependent on a nexus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
In Star Wars some force users need an extra boost to be able to perform in a battle. What Sith or force user happens to have all or most of thei pivotal showings on a world powerful in the Darkside? Would they be able to show similar showings without a Darkside world?

Aurbere
Well gosh. I wonder what the answer could be. mmm

NewGuy01
Darth Malak.

FreshestSlice
Literally every Sith ever.

JKBart
Originally posted by carthage
In Star Wars some force users need an extra boost to be able to perform in a battle. What Sith or force user happens to have all or most of thei pivotal showings on a world powerful in the Darkside? Would they be able to show similar showings without a Darkside world?

I think there was that one guy in some of Drew Karpyshyn's books.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Hetton?

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Darth Malak.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dbR2JZmlWo

Pyron_Knight
Darth Sion who you only fight on two Dark Side worlds.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Darth Sion who you only fight on two Dark Side worlds.

And who resurrected himself on a planet which may not have had a dark side nexus. This also ignores that he kept a body which was by all rights decomposing and broken in the games' narration, thousands of times, in high functioning order using just his Force powers and hate.

Benefitting from and being dependent on are two entirely different things.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
And who resurrected himself on a planet which may not have had a dark side nexus. This also ignores that he kept a body which was by all rights decomposing and broken in the games' narration, thousands of times, in high functioning order using just his Force powers and hate.

Genuine logical common sense, perhaps some hope remains here after all.

Nephthys
Ommin or his wife iirc.

ILS
Originally posted by Nephthys
Ommin or his wife iirc. Yup. Him and Amanoa basically used Nadd's corpse/tomb and the various trinkets available, as well as the power of his spirit, to fuel everything they did. They both died as soon as Nadd removed his power from them, LOL.

So Nadd's pretty ****ing powerful and their bodies can only handle the power they put out because of Nadd's possessing of them.

AncientPower
Yes Nadd's spirit has fairly insane feats. pretty much supports both the indication that he's a tier above Sadow and the indication that he along with Ragnos shares Muur's power level.

The in-universe ancient Sith wank seems justified with displays like that.

Pyron_Knight
Originally posted by Stealth Moose

He can sustain himself but there's nothing saying he can resurrect himself without he aid of some place like Korriban or Malachor. Sion's invincibility is his greatest trait - no matter how many times you struck him down, you couldn't win. Who's to say if that is true on a non-Dark Side planet?

FreshestSlice
He did it in the Harbinger. He doesn't need a nexus to resurrect himself.

Pyron_Knight
Who there could have "killed" Sion? No one there was anywhere near powerful enough to have done any damage to him.

More than likely he simply played dead, just as Kreia did. If you recall Peragus medical staff also said she was dead. It's a small thing to do for a Force User.

Sion himself is the one who specifically gives Malachor the credit for his revival and invincibility. Had it been anywhere else, the Exile could have beaten him is the clear implication.

DarthAnt66
Nah.

http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/17/73/92/12/sion10.jpg

Pyron_Knight
"True immortal" so he could survive if I dropped him in a black hole? Or in a sun?

Immortality can mean a lot of things. Some immortals in fiction are just long-lived but die like anyone else. Sion could definitely live forever but that doesn't mean he could revive himself endlessly. Again, he himself says it's Malachor that allows him to do this.

DarthAnt66
Your backtracking, IMO. Your original claim was he can't resurrect himself without a nexus (i.e. "he can't resurrect himself without he aid of some place like Korriban or Malachor"wink yet despite KOTORCG explicitly saying otherwise, the above scan shows proof that he is indeed "an immortal manifestation of the dark side" off nexus worlds. In terms of your new argument, aka how long he can "revive himself" until he is eventually burned out, he can probably do it to a point where it it's ridiculous to say he needs a nexus more than any other character in Star Wars. If he's held together purely through his rage (i.e. "Darth Sion embodies the unbeatable enemy. He's a Sith so vile that he channels his own anger through the Force to keep himself alive even though he should be dead. Thanks to his intense anger and pain, he literally holds his decaying body together through the dark side of the Force.)", and then he has potentially the most rage out of any known Star Wars character (according to a source that also includes the likes of Palpatine, Maul, or Malak), I muse he's for all intents and purposes immortal in that sense. Avellone, IIRC, wanted it that he was held together through also Telekiensis, but couldn't do such due to visual limitations in 2004, so that could be a potential and clear limitation on Sion's part. And even in such, it's not like Sion is weak in the Force or anything and that his Telekinesis wouldn't be strong or anything. It's said that "average beings stand no chance of stopping these ultra-powerful monsters of the dark side" and that "only the greatest heroes may ultimately defeat them."

Pyron_Knight
No, I'm pointing out:
1 Immortality can mean multiple things. Living forever is immortality but that doesn't mean Tolkien Elves can't be stabbed to death.

2. It's hyperbole in any case because if he was truly immortal, I could blow up the universe on him and he'd survive. I'm sure you can agree he would not survive that.

3. Sion's whole shtick is that the Exile cannot beat him through force. You must have brains and not just braun. Yet Kreia says in response to defeating Sion "there will be another time but it is not now, not here, while Korriban runs through him."

And again, Sion himself says "As long as the dark places of this world flow through the cracks of my flesh I cannot be killed."

Now, could Sion resurrect himself without aid? Maybe. But how many times? Once? Twice? Fifty? It's pure conjecture. All we know is that Sion's wholee thing - being unbeatable - is rooted in dark side nexuses.

DarthAnt66
1. Nah you specifically said he can't resurrect himself without the aid of a nexus.

2. roll eyes (sarcastic) In Star Wars, we call characters "immortal" who for, under most-to-all normal circumstances, they can't die. Sion is included in this list, obviously.

3. Ignoring half a dozen canonical statements due to a couple character statements and your opinions on the matter doesn't mean you have an argument, just a cluster**** of BS.

It's clearly not rooted in dark side nexuses since he has done it off dark side nexuses, and most of the times he has done it was, in fact, off dark side nexuses. thumb up

Pyron_Knight
Either you have a ton of evidence you just haven't posted or you're exaggerating.

Whee are these "half a dozen canonical statements" about Sion being unable to be killed anywhere in the galaxy? 'cuz I've seen one and it's open for interpretation.

Where are these examples of Sion reviving himself in non-dark side places?

Pyron_Knight
Also the fact you completely ignore what the character says about his own powers is rather odd......

DarthAnt66

Pyron_Knight
Hm, fair enough. If you could cite those quotes, I'd happily concede. Sorry, I just took what KOTOR 2 said and believed it. Apparently there was miscommunication somewhere but facts are facts.

DarthAnt66
KotORCG for the first four.

TCSWE for the fifth one.

Insider 88 for the final.

POB for the "nearly infinite."

There's also prolly stuff in TORE, and the prima guides too tbh.

All good my nigga. Sorry if I came off as aggressive, you seem pretty chill.

Pyron_Knight
I used to post and debate here a long, long time ago but nowadays I just enjoy reading topics more than arguing them.

There are a few people still around that I remember. SW Legend, Neph, quanchi....

Okay I kinda only wish Neph was still around of those three but what can you do.

It's nice to meet you.

Nephthys
You can murder them.

DarthAnt66
Sounds mildly excessive.

GhostRavage
Strange that Bane doesn't been mentioned in this thread.

playa1258
Darth Maul in the basement of Quans mothers house.

Azronger
I honestly don't get the Bane nexus jokes. Sure, he was on them a lot, but he wasn't dependent on them. Not as far as I remember it.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Azronger
I honestly don't get the Bane nexus jokes. Sure, he was on them a lot, but he wasn't dependent on them. Not as far as I remember it.
I can't remember a single big fight, in which he wasn't on a nexus, tbh.
Againdt Kas'im, againdt the Jedi on Tython, against Zannah on Ambria...

darthbane77
Surprised nobody has said Bane just to piss DMB off lol.

QuakeBlood
up

Azronger
Ommin would die without a nexus. Vitiate is the biggest nexus whore, though.

Ursumeles
Ommin, Vitiate, Bane, Vitiate, Vitiate, Zannah, Vitiate, Vitiate, Vitiate.
Maybe also Vitiate.

cs_zoltan
You forgot Vaylin and Arcann.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Azronger
Vitiate is the biggest nexus whore, though.
Wrong.

You are confusing dependability with choice.

SunRazer
It's hard to tell whether Vitiate just chooses to be on nexuses all the time or depends on them given that he's... on them all the time.

Azronger
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Wrong.

You are confusing dependability with choice.

No, I'm not. I never said he depended on them. I just called him a nexus whore.

nfactor1995
I'm just going to go ahead and give the answer Carthage clearly wants and say it's most definitely Darth Bane.

Jmanghan
Vitiate. smile

Geistalt
Either Bane, Ti, or Kreia.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Vitiate. smile

QuakeBlood
up

SunRazer
Malak smile

DarthAnt66
*has his best feats off-nexus and on a space ship*

gg

SunRazer
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
*has his best feats off-nexus and on a space ship*

gg

Did you just say that Malak placing Bastila/Carth in Stasis and putting Revan in a Whirlwind is better than him Choking two nameless Jedi? He didn't even gesture for the second one!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.