Where did this whole Vader killing for minor failures come from?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zenwolf
?....

Because as I recall, in the movies, the officers under his command didn't do anything minor failure wise that he killed them for.

Admiral Ozzel= The guy was noted as having failed multiple times by Vader before hand, then he comes out of lightspeed too close to Hoth, thus the Rebels were able to prepare and set up a defense with their shield.

Captain Needa= His SD was chasing down the Falcon, then lost it. The Falcon crew were critical in capture, because....duh it had high ranking Rebel members and it would also force Luke to come to Vader.

....So....where are these minor failures at?

Selenial
Not really, he killed Needa for something almost no rank and file captain could have prevented, I doubt even Vader would have anticipated or discovered that deception from Needa's position. He just took out his rage on someone for no reason, as Sith do.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Selenial
Not really, he killed Needa for something almost no rank and file captain could have prevented, I doubt even Vader would have anticipated or discovered that deception from Needa's position. He just took out his rage on someone for no reason, as Sith do.

Right, but he was literally told they had found the Falcon and pretty much had them....it's not like Needa said no if he was ordered to go sweep the deck of the ship and then killed for it.

Even still one officer, seems kind of stretching that "Vader kills for minor failures" thing, when it happened all of 1 time if you take that.

Tzeentch
Are you referring to just the movies or the (old) canon in general. Because Vader loses his shit over fairly minor things fairly often in the EU. We see him execute people twice in ESB, but when you consider that he only had about 20 minutes of screen-time in an hour and a half film...

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Are you referring to just the movies or the (old) canon in general. Because Vader loses his shit over fairly minor things fairly often in the EU. We see him execute people twice in ESB, but when you consider that he only had about 20 minutes of screen-time in an hour and a half film...

Well the movies...I know the EU he was noted as such and all. But going by the movies....he didn't, in fact, why didn't he kill Piett when the latter had failed him?

This new canon I guess is gonna do the same and have him just off officers if they so much as sneeze wrong but...whatever.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.