Star Wars: Aftermath - Who is the Fleet Admiral?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beniboybling
Recently finished reading Star Wars: Aftermath, which has a very interesting ending, for those who have read it you'll not what I mean, for those that haven't I'll fill you in.

Minor spoilers for the book, but nothing big tbh.

So the novel revolves around a council of high ranking Imperials, one of which is in control of the Empire's last SSD, literally referred to as the "Empire's greatest weapon."

At the end of the book however it's revealed that a certain Fleet Admiral is still alive, and is described as an even greater weapon than this SSD.

In the epilogue we see this Admiral, but he remains unnamed, links to the epilogue below.

http://i.imgur.com/KX4q6VL.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/h2AH2Ld.jpg?1

So who is this guy? All that we know is that he's male, the best the Empire currently has, and believes the Empire needs to change.

My first though was Grand Admiral Thrawn, but I've seen it said elsewhere that it could be Supreme Leader Snoke. I feel like the author deliberately concealing his identity implies its a name that we would know. Thoughts?

Selenial
As much as I want it to be Thrawn, it's pretty obviously Supreme Leader Snoke. The whole aspect of how he manipulated the empire and wants to take control just screams set up for a major story, and I don't think Thrawn fits into the timeframe.

I feel like there's enough room for Thrawn or Snoke, not both, and we already know Snoke is coming.

Beniboybling
I agree, thing is though isn't Snoke supposed to be a powerful dark sider? He didn't come across as that, so perhaps we where mistaken?

Selenial
mmm

Forgot about that. I was kind of hoping they wouldn't go for an immortal all powerful emperor again. Shame. Could very well be Canon's answer to Thrawn then.

Vixas
Isn't it obvious? The Ravager? Staring dramatically out a window? Love for classical music? Obviously this is a returned Nihilus without his mask. Hell he was speaking in classical music in KOTOR 2......

By the by that was a jest. Interesting thing though Beni, much appreciated on posting it.

ares834
Yeah, doubt he is Snoke as well. Could be working for him though.

Also the largest battle that takes place after Endor is the battle of Jakku (which was led by a Moff and not the Fleet Admiral) and that pretty much ends the GCW. So if the Fleet Admiral does invade it would have to be a smaller than that.

Darth Thor
Seemed like Thrawn to me. But since this was part of the "Joureny to the Force Awakens", could have been a first bit of Snoke I suppose.

DarthAnt66
Obviously Snoke.

Beniboybling
Snoke is supposed to be Force-sensitive, so it's not that obvious. mmm

DarthAnt66
Or Snoke's predecessor at least.

ares834
Seems likely that the Fleet Admiral is going to serve as the villain of the 2 upcoming Aftermath books. So I'm doubtful it's Snoke.

Darth Thor
Yeah if it was Snoke they would have revealed it in this book, otherwise it was a pointless build up to his TFA appearance. But his mysterious identity was obviously a build up to the Aftermath sequel novels instead.

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Snoke is supposed to be Force-sensitive,

Is that confirmed?

FreshestSlice
I guess he's implying from, "There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?"

Beniboybling
That and J.J Abrams:

" is not a Sith. works under Supreme Leader Snoke, who is a powerful figure on the Dark Side of the Force."Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah if it was Snoke they would have revealed it in this book, otherwise it was a pointless build up to his TFA appearance. But his mysterious identity was obviously a build up to the Aftermath sequel novels instead.Still someone has to give Snoke a backstory, and it's been confirmed the Journey to the Force Awakens series will include TFA characters.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I guess he's implying from, "There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?"

Originally posted by Beniboybling
That and J.J Abrams:

" is not a Sith. works under Supreme Leader Snoke, who is a powerful figure on the Dark Side of the Force."

Ah ok. Confirmed then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.