Colossus Vs Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
No prep. No BFR.
Standard armored form. Standard armor.

StiltmanFTW
Problem with Tony is that he doesn't have a standard armor. He changes those more often than any other hero or villain.

I say Tony wins. He just has too many options - flight, dozens of ranged attacks, force fields.

Even if this thread was strictly hth, Stark has great enough lifting/striking/durability showings to contend with Colossus.

riv6672
Cool. Thank you for the breakdown.

Mindset
IM is too fast and versatile.

juggernaut74
Yeah, this isn't even a good fight.

riv6672
I'll try much harder next time.

Genii96
Ironman wins this,colossus is too grounded and one dimensional

riv6672
I'll work on that, too.

Sin I AM
Didn't colossus fight tony evenly?

juggernaut74
That was War Machine and Colossus was slapping him around. Iron Man is a different monster.

riv6672
I'll have that retconned post haste.

nwg202
IM

riv6672
That was a bo go on retconning the fight. Marvel says it wont do that anymore, after the Superman/Thor fight in JLA/Avengers.

namorsubby
Tony has the advantage in flight and mobility. He takes the majority but ptior could win too. I think he's more durable than Iron man and slightly stronger imo unless he's a good amount stronger than warmachine

StiltmanFTW
The War Machine fight was inconclusive. And while Piotr had the advantage, Rhodes was far from done.

Anyway, yes, Stark has better feats than WM.

Like this...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11111/111118857/4165638-7354449289-meteo.jpg

Or this...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/9/96884/2250797-iron_man_v3_18_02_03.jpg

As for striking, his punches actually managed to hurt or even KO the Hulk.

People tend to forget that Iron Man is a physical powerhouse as well.

-Pr-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
The War Machine fight was inconclusive. And while Piotr had the advantage, Rhodes was far from done.

Like this...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11111/111118857/4165638-7354449289-meteo.jpg

Or this...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/9/96884/2250797-iron_man_v3_18_02_03.jpg

Thinking Colossus has a chance (however slim) in a punch-up isn't the same thing as saying Iron Man isn't a physical powerhouse, though.

JayDaDon

Like this...

Or this...

Yup, Stark saves the best toys for himself.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
Thinking Colossus has a chance (however slim) in a punch-up isn't the same thing as saying Iron Man isn't a physical powerhouse, though.

True.

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Yup, Stark saves the best toys for himself.

Pretty much. How many major armors did Rhodey have? 5-10?

And Tony? Over 9000 laughing out loud

Prof. T.C McAbe
Sans Tom Selleck IM, Colossus is cooler and physically stronger, IM has the better damage output and maneuverability, so he wins, easily.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
physically stronger

Based on?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Based on?

Facts.

You didn't expect this, quan-lite, did you? biscuits

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

But seriously, now. I'd have no problem accepting Rasputin as being stronger than IM, if someone actually proved that.

In one of his oldest suits, Stark stalemated Thor in the armwrestling match. And while that feat is definitely a high-end one, so is Colossus' Secret Wars spaceship feat.

JayDaDon
Sans Tom Selleck IM, Colossus is cooler and physically stronger, IM has the better damage output and maneuverability, so he wins, easily.

No hero is cooler than Stark. Those who hate him know deep down that is the reason why.

-Pr-
laughing out loud

But seriously, now. I'd have no problem accepting Rasputin as being stronger than IM, if someone actually proved that.

In one of his oldest suits, Stark stalemated Thor in the armwrestling match. And while that feat is definitely a high-end one, so is Colossus' Secret Wars spaceship feat.

I wouldn't consider it one of his high-end feats personally. A nice feat sure, though.

Though I do think Tony is physically stronger. Tony realistically, to me at least, is in the kind of Namor bracket, where he's in that kind of limbo that separates people like Ben and Colossus from the Hulks and Thors of the world.

Prof. T.C McAbe
laughing out loud

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/uncannyxmenannual07page182ma.jpg

I also go by handbooks. Don't forget that Colossus went toe to toe with Gladiator, when he was a powerhouse, and though he lost we see that Gladiator needed a while.

Wrong on cooler. No hero is cooler than Stark. Those who hate him know deep down that is the reason why.

RDJ Movie IM is cooler, there I would agree. Comic Tony is a nazi dick and complete a-hole who was only cool when he looked like Tom Selleck and was an alcoholic.

Sorry, for you he might be but people like Wolverine or Spiderman are far far cooler.

-Pr-
Honestly, I love Colossus, but he's not what I would have ever called "cool".

His powerset, maybe though.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Honestly, I love Colossus, but he's not what I would have ever called "cool".

His powerset, maybe though.

I liked his char, especially his interactions with Kitty and Logan, also when he joined Magneto. His char seemed cooler to me than most give him credit for.

-Pr-
I liked his char, especially his interactions with Kitty and Logan, also when he joined Magneto. His char seemed cooler to me than most give him credit for.

Oh no, he is a great character. He has far more depth than most give him credit for, especially under the pen of the likes of Claremont, Lee and Whedon.

I was just thinking in terms of "cool" in the way people say Wolverine or Batman is cool, etc.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Oh no, he is a great character. He has far more depth than most give him credit for, especially under the pen of the likes of Claremont, Lee and Whedon.

I was just thinking in terms of "cool" in the way people say Wolverine or Batman is cool, etc.

Oh, sorry I use cool not only in the sense that something is chill or awesome but in the sense of interesting or intriguing too.

EDIT: IM is in comics not nearly as cool as in the movies, in the cool sense. I know him as a nazi or/and alcoholic. Nothing cool about that.

-Pr-
Oh, sorry I use cool not only in the sense that something is chill or awesome but in the sense of interesting or intriguing too.

EDIT: IM is in comics not nearly as cool as in the movies, in the cool sense. I know him as a nazi or/and alcoholic. Nothing cool about that.

Using that criteria then I agree, definitely. Just a shame he gets shafted as much as he does.

laughing out loud Why a Nazi? Due to Civil War?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Using that criteria then I agree, definitely. Just a shame he gets shafted as much as he does.

laughing out loud Why a Nazi? Due to Civil War?

Yeah, especially in the last couple of years, he had a nice development in the 90, like most X-Men did.

Yes exactly xD.

-Pr-
Yeah, especially in the last couple of years, he had a nice development in the 90, like most X-Men did.

Yes exactly xD.

I harp on and on about how Cyclops was ****ed over by Fraction, but Colossus wasn't left unscathed either. Gillen wrote him well though, I thought.

lol. Civil War was just a weird book in general I thought.

JayDaDon

RDJ Movie IM is cooler, there I would agree. Comic Tony is a nazi dick and complete a-hole who was only cool when he looked like Tom Selleck and was an alcoholic.

So your whole opinion on him is based on one out of character, barely above average storyline? Sounds like you need to read up. And how is being an alcoholic cool?

StiltmanFTW
I wouldn't consider it one of his high-end feats personally. A nice feat sure, though.

Though I do think Tony is physically stronger. Tony realistically, to me at least, is in the kind of Namor bracket, where he's in that kind of limbo that separates people like Ben and Colossus from the Hulks and Thors of the world.

A high-end lifting feat, then. High-end ones "of all time" would be stalemating Gladiator (for a while) or breaking Garokk's vibranium shackles, I guess. Could name a few more.

Agreed.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/uncannyxmenannual07page182ma.jpg

I also go by handbooks. Don't forget that Colossus went toe to toe with Gladiator, when he was a powerhouse, and though he lost we see that Gladiator needed a while.

I remember that scan, of course. It doesn't mean much. Wolverine pinned Spider-Man that way, too. And you don't see me saying Logan is stronger than him.

Iron Man got recognized as a Class 100 character by handbook-makers before Colossus, I believe. As for the battle feats, he has one-shotted Savage Hulk - even though the effort fried his suit and immobilized him.

Sorry, for you he might be but people like Wolverine or Spiderman are far far cooler.

Classic Tony was the best, true.

Sin I AM
Tony is a supreme dick. Has been since civil war. Anyone who reads comics knows that

JayDaDon
No people just like to fixate on civil war. I know a lot of people didn't even read any iron man post civil war so its whatever. And anything he did as Superior Iron man by default doesn't count either.

juggernaut74
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus/ColossusandIMIW2.jpg

-Pr-
A high-end lifting feat, then. High-end ones "of all time" would be stalemating Gladiator (for a while) or breaking Garokk's vibranium shackles, I guess. Could name a few more.

Agreed.

Honestly, it is a really good feat, but I still wouldn't call it one of his high end ones.

At least in terms of how strong he is.

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Tony is a supreme dick. Has been since civil war. Anyone who reads comics knows that

Dick, yes. Nazi was what I was referring to.

StiltmanFTW
@juggs

And?

Full nelson hold cheapshot is in no way proving Colossus is stronger laughing out loud

juggernaut74
@juggs

And?

Full nelson hold cheapshot is in no way proving Colossus is stronger laughing out loud It proves Iron Man wasn't strong enough to get out....... laughing out loud

JayDaDon
Also an older armor. Its been proven over and over his old ones got nothing on his new ones.

juggernaut74

Iron Man got recognized as a Class 100 character by handbook-makers before Colossus, I believe. As for the battle feats, he has one-shotted Savage Hulk - even though the effort fried his suit and immobilized him.

I think you may be wrong yet again. The Master Edition handbook first gave Colossus a Class 100 ranking in the early 90's. I believe Iron Man was Class 90 in that series.

BTW do you have a handbook scan of Iron Man saying he's Class 100?

juggernaut74
Also an older armor. Its been proven over and over his old ones got nothing on his new ones. So if and very old version of his suit stalemated Thor in arm wrestling or whatever would mean he's way stronger than Thor now?

JayDaDon
That's a pretty high feat for Iron man

juggernaut74
That's a pretty high feat for Iron man But you said yourself that his older suits have nothing on his newer ones so in theory Iron Man should be way stronger than Thor. But he's not.

JayDaDon
Only if you use the stalemating as average level for that armor. High feats are high feats not the average level.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by juggernaut74
It proves Iron Man wasn't strong enough to get out....... laughing out loud

I hope someone full nelsons you one day smile

Try breaking free all you want. Pure strength is not going to help in such case.

Also an older armor. Its been proven over and over his old ones got nothing on his new ones.

He was also possessed by his evil doppelganger, suckered from behind... could do the exact same thing to Colossus in such scenario.

I think you may be wrong yet again. The Master Edition handbook first gave Colossus a Class 100 ranking in the early 90's. I believe Iron Man was Class 90 in that series.

BTW do you have a handbook scan of Iron Man saying he's Class 100?

Maybe I'm wrong, yes.

Here it is:

http://s1235.photobucket.com/user/superbot400/media/Iron%20Man/Imagebot/Strength/c7bc88ae.jpg.html

JayDaDon
Plus, he had him in the lock for like 1 panel laughing out loud

-Pr-

Try breaking free all you want. Pure strength is not going to help in such case.

He was also possessed by his evil doppelganger, suckered from behind... could do the exact same thing to Colossus in such scenario.

Maybe I'm wrong, yes.

Here it is:

http://s1235.photobucket.com/user/superbot400/media/Iron%20Man/Imagebot/Strength/c7bc88ae.jpg.html

could do what to Colossus? Get caught in a full nelson?

StiltmanFTW
stick out tongue

If Colossus were controlled and preoccupied, Iron Man could get him in a full nelson hold just as easily.

juggernaut74
Only if you use the stalemating as average level for that armor. High feats are high feats not the average level. I get what you're saying but if that's a high end average for an older armor his newer suits average would be as high or higher than that one. Right?

juggernaut74
stick out tongue

If Colossus were controlled and preoccupied, Iron Man could get him in a full nelson hold just as easily. I've seen Spider-Man break a similar hold Sasquatch had on him......

juggernaut74
Plus, he had him in the lock for like 1 panel laughing out loud Read the scan though.....he was clearly struggling to get out. Then he gave up and told Colossus to let him go.

Genii96
Dude,its a high end feat,not useable when arguing averages...thor has proven stronger than iron man several times.

StiltmanFTW
I've seen Spider-Man break a similar hold Sasquatch had on him......

Sasquatch is too damn big to ever execute that hold properly, especially against someone like Parker. Scan?

juggernaut74

Maybe I'm wrong, yes.

Here it is:

http://s1235.photobucket.com/user/superbot400/media/Iron%20Man/Imagebot/Strength/c7bc88ae.jpg.html That says 100 tons at max power, Colossus was stated to be Class 100.

juggernaut74
Sasquatch is too damn big to ever execute that hold properly, especially against someone like Parker. Scan? I don't recall what hold he was using or the issue but he did break the hold and he tossed Sasquatch away or something. I don't remember the issue.

JayDaDon
Read the scan though.....he was clearly struggling to get out. Then he gave up and told Colossus to let him go.

He said let go of me. There was no real time to struggle because he was out the next panel anyway.

-Pr-
stick out tongue

If Colossus were controlled and preoccupied, Iron Man could get him in a full nelson hold just as easily.

Oh lol. Yeah, most likely.

juggernaut74
He said let go of me. There was no real time to struggle because he was out the next panel anyway. He was trying to get out of the hold but wasn't strong enough. The artist even drew lines to indicate this. And the only reason he got out was because Hulk punched Colossus in the back of the head.

StiltmanFTW
Read the scan though.....he was clearly struggling to get out. Then he gave up and told Colossus to let him go.

Wow, I was joking earlier, but you really need to get full nelson'd to get the basic idea about it laughing out loud Neck hurting like hell, arms useless and more pressure being applied till you say uncle.

In comics, escaping such a hold is only possible if you have vastly superior strength (like Cyber did against Wolverine, when he literally smashed muscles in Wolverine's arms) or ninja/escapologist skills (like Daredevil controlling his muscles and breathing against Mister Hyde).

Colossus and Iron Man are close enough in the strength department that Stark cannot do what Cyber did. In fact, the more he struggles, the worse his situation gets - that's the whole point of the nelson hold. Skill is needed to get out of such hold, not brute strength.

RL full nelson escape:

z6hFqal2OK0

juggernaut74
I know all about full nelsons. I get what you're saying but Stark wears a suit of armor so I doubt he was going through all the pain you described.

JayDaDon
He was trying to get out of the hold but wasn't strong enough. The artist even drew lines to indicate this. And the only reason he got out was because Hulk punched Colossus in the back of the head.

Nope, looked again, there were no lines and pretty much no signs of a struggle. Besides that Iron man would have to be VASTLY stronger than Colossus to just shrug his way out his full nelson in one panel. Those aren't easy to escape.

juggernaut74
Colossus verbally told him to stop struggling and the artist drew lines indicating struggling around Iron Mans arms and legs.

JayDaDon
I swear on everything I don't see any lines but the motion lines from colossus putting IM in the hold.

riv6672
Thanks to everyone for the awesome input, especially Jugg, since ge didnt even consider this a good fight. smile

juggernaut74
It's not a good fight. But I think Colossus is stronger.

DarkSaint85
Iron Man is also fairly skilled, with or without his armour:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11111/111118857/3118034-comic+scan+29.jpg

DarkSaint85
So if and very old version of his suit stalemated Thor in arm wrestling or whatever would mean he's way stronger than Thor now?

Not always true.

Here, his FIRST armour can stalemate a much more recent armour in strength. Admittedly, it seems to show that the old armour is half as strong (it needs two arms to match one of the other:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Iron%20Man%20Stats/MarkIStrength02IIM19.jpg

FYI everyone, the Hulkbuster (or at least, an early version) was rated at 175 tons.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Specialty%20Iron%20Man%20Armors/HulkbusterStrength01IM305.jpg

The Endosym armour tore it apart.....

riv6672
It's not a good fight. But I think Colossus is stronger.
Yes you do! wink

Also, thats a great scan with the original armor.

StiltmanFTW
It's important to note that Iron Patriot suit was incomplete, though.

It was missing components, as stated in Fraction's Iron Man run by Osborn himself and other comics. Even Bullseye mocked it in his own Dark Reign mini.

riv6672
Is it hard to say where that'd put the armor at, power/stat wise?

StiltmanFTW
Don't get me wrong, it's still a helluva feat for Mark Zero armor (with literally retarded Tony piloting it; long story short, he damaged his brain so HAMMER would not be able to access any data from it) to stop Osborn's punch.

IP armor sucked, though. Star-shaped symbol weakened the uni-beam, it was lacking essential repulsor tech (which is more than just hand-blasters) and other stuff. Osborn didn't try to hide that fact from us, readers - he outright stated that HAMMER tech guys barely made the suit operational.

-K-M-
Sasquatch is too damn big to ever execute that hold properly, especially against someone like Parker. Scan?

More of a bear hug but regardless doesn't make much sense him getting out of it

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg236/MoonKnight616/Web%20of%20Spider-Man%20105-08.jpg

That's the same issue spider-man beat Thor, scarlet witch, quicksilver and invisible woman all at once.....yeah

riv6672
Ha, okay. Thats insane. laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
Ah, it's from that comic...

The whole fight was insane. Parker's webshield protected him from Mjolnir.

-K-M-
Yeah he did all that while holding back as he thought he was "fighting" friends and family (thanks to moondragon).....yeeeeeeeeah.

Mindset
Originally posted by -K-M-
Yeah he did all that while holding back as he thought he was "fighting" friends and family (thanks to moondragon).....yeeeeeeeeah. Seems like a pretty normal Spiderman feat. thumb up

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Mindset
Seems like a pretty normal Spiderman feat. thumb up Cap would be able to do that also.

JayDaDon
It's important to note that Iron Patriot suit was incomplete, though.

It was missing components, as stated in Fraction's Iron Man run by Osborn himself and other comics. Even Bullseye mocked it in his own Dark Reign mini.

Even though it was incomplete and inferior to Stark's suits its pretty crazy it could still do this

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r617/jsmooov88/Invincible%20Iron%20Man%20019%202009%20Digital-HD%20Monafekk-Empire%20008_zps9awppy99.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Meh. Standard stuff for any IM armor.

Osborn as Green Goblin managed to knock out Wonder Man and Mister Hyde with his explosives...

And I don't recall Norman as GG ever losing THIS bad to Spider-Man:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/43640/978540-new_avengers_57_014.jpg

JayDaDon
Yeah that's why I said its inferior to Stark armors.

riv6672
Norman (not sure of his power level at the time) was one shotted by Cage, who shrugged off his explodives.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by riv6672
Norman (not sure of his power level at the time) was one shotted by Cage, who shrugged off his explodives.

Don't think it was a one-shot. Unless you're talking about some other fight than this one:

https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/lukecagegreengoblin11.jpg

JayDaDon
I'm so used to bagley art on Ultimate Spider-man I was sure that was ultimate for a second. But then Ultimate Norman wouldn't be wearing a mask.

StiltmanFTW
I'm so used to bagley art on Ultimate Spider-man I was sure that was ultimate for a second. But then Ultimate Norman wouldn't be wearing a mask.

There was also the time when he drew Kingpin... each time the feat was posted (Fisk ripping some guy's arm off), I was asking if it was 616, since the art could only make me think of Ultimate laughing out loud

So yes, I understand how you feel. But that is a canon comic, another love letter from Bendis to Luke Cage and Jessica Jones... characters that no one really cares about, but they're getting in all Avengers teams and now they'll have the TV shows, too -_-

juggernaut74
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
OneDumbG0/Iron%20Man%20Stats/MarkIStrength02IIM19.jpg

FYI everyone, the Hulkbuster (or at least, an early version) was rated at 175 tons.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Specialty%20Iron%20Man%20Armors/HulkbusterStrength01IM305.jpg

That's an interesting scan stating it's rated at 175 tons. That's still lower than what Colossus has been stated to be able to lift on panel which I do not have a scan for but I have seen it around here somewhere.

StiltmanFTW
That was the original HB armor.

Endosym ripped apart WWHB, which would be the third model.

riv6672
Don't think it was a one-shot. Unless you're talking about some other fight than this one:

https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/lukecagegreengoblin11.jpg
Yeah that was the fight. I recalled it as a one shot (and i wont argue that it was 3), because, well after that first one i think it was pretty much over.

Of course Luke was in "messed with my family" mode which is at least 2 tiers above "owe me money".

StiltmanFTW
Osborn can take a hit, as shown against Hyde. So three punches from LC were probably needed.

He wouldn't land any without Spidey's help stick out tongue

juggernaut74
That was the original HB armor.

Endosym ripped apart WWHB, which would be the third model. That's still be rated higher than his regular armor imo.

riv6672
Osborn can take a hit, as shown against Hyde. So three punches from LC were probably needed.

He wouldn't land any without Spidey's help stick out tongue
Yeah, Spidey was handy in helping pull Osborn down...laughing

DarkSaint85
That's an interesting scan stating it's rated at 175 tons. That's still lower than what Colossus has been stated to be able to lift on panel which I do not have a scan for but I have seen it around here somewhere.

Ah, yeah, I was going by handbooks and ratings - after all, a suit rated at 175 tons would be laughable against the Hulk, considering some of his feats.

Am sure Colossus has lifted more - but then, the Hulkbuster has also done more than 175 tons worth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.