Trailer #3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bashar Teg
it's here

sGbxmsDFVnE

https://youtu.be/sGbxmsDFVnE

|King Joker|
Loved it.

ares834
Great trailer.

It also seems to further validate MSW rumors.

LordofBrooklyn
I thought there would be a glimpse of the twins.

|King Joker|
https://41.media.tumblr.com/08a0b9262a77d12c118d4ecccfca61d4/tumblr_nwhy98b7eR1u2p6qio1_1280.png

Bashar Teg
needs less size and more jpeg, but yeah...she's old

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ares834
Great trailer.

It also seems to further validate MSW rumors. Which rumors?

Darth Abonis
It was total garbage. The story is going to be some watered down thing that's already been done in the EU. The dialogue sounds awful, the new characters have zero depth and the villains look stupid and generic. It will get mixed reviews, and the only good thing that will come out of it, is that Disney will look stupid and EU fans, like myself can say "I told you so." To be honest, I was happy that Star Wars's slate was wiped clean. Yet, they still managed to **** it up. We love the shadow of a former self, a trio of movies that were amazing. However, that's all it is. 3 good movies from the 80's. Nothing more

LordofBrooklyn
DARK EMPIRE isn't being pushed as much as I thought it would be in the mainstream.

Perhaps next month when the frenzy approaches its height.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
It was total garbage. The story is going to be some watered down thing that's already been done in the EU. The dialogue sounds awful, the new characters have zero depth and the villains look stupid and generic. It will get mixed reviews, and the only good thing that will come out of it, is that Disney will look stupid and EU fans, like myself can say "I told you so." To be honest, I was happy that Star Wars's slate was wiped clean. Yet, they still managed to **** it up. We love the shadow of a former self, a trio of movies that were amazing. However, that's all it is. 3 good movies from the 80's. Nothing more

well thank you for that review, nostrodamus.

Darth Abonis
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
well thank you for that review, nostrodamus.

You are quite welcome

ares834

Sometimes I can't sleep at night...

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
I thought there would be a glimpse of the twins.

You saw Leia, you saw Luke's hand on R2. What more do you want?

Oh, Han and Leia's twins? They aren't confirmed.

ares834
I think it's safe to say twins are out of the picture.

Brother and sister on the other hand...

REXXXX
I'm intrigued by Han's lines about the stories of Dark Side and the Jedi being true. Several decades on, and Luke hasn't revived the Jedi Order?

|King Joker|
It was total garbage. The story is going to be some watered down thing that's already been done in the EU. The dialogue sounds awful, the new characters have zero depth and the villains look stupid and generic. It will get mixed reviews, and the only good thing that will come out of it, is that Disney will look stupid and EU fans, like myself can say "I told you so." To be honest, I was happy that Star Wars's slate was wiped clean. Yet, they still managed to **** it up. We love the shadow of a former self, a trio of movies that were amazing. However, that's all it is. 3 good movies from the 80's. Nothing more Originally posted by ares834
Sometimes I can't sleep at night...

carthage
I'm surprised we haven't seen many clips or pictures of Luke. He wasn't even on the official poster, wtf.

And the trailer was amazing the CGI is beautiful, and seeing Kylo briefly duel Finn as a treat. I wonder how long he lasts against Luke

ares834
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Which rumors?

"All of it."

stick out tongue

They've pretty much "know" everything that happens in the film. And considering how accurate it seems so far, I think they've pretty much nailed it all.

REXXXX
Originally posted by carthage
I'm surprised we haven't seen many clips or pictures of Luke. He wasn't even on the official poster, wtf.

And the trailer was amazing the CGI is beautiful, and seeing Kylo briefly duel Finn as a treat. I wonder how long he lasts against Luke

It doesn't seem like he'll be in it much!

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by carthage

One of the main plot points is trying to find Luke, so there's no need for him to be featured in the trailers. His mystery needs to stay a mystery until the film is in theaters.

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by REXXXX
I'm intrigued by Han's lines about the stories of Dark Side and the Jedi being true. Several decades on, and Luke hasn't revived the Jedi Order?

The Sith were pretty much lost to history to most of the galaxy already, the Jedi were known to be extinct since Order 66. Luke being the only "open" Jedi during the OT. One man out of trillions (or more) beings in the galaxy...he's a myth, a legend. No one knows if the stories are true except for those who personally know Luke.

At least...that's how I interpret it.

REXXXX
I'm on board with that interpretation. But at the same time, one would think that Luke would be out there putting together the New Jedi Order to help the Rebellion become the New Republic... then again, they're definitely going a different direction than the EU.

Ushgarak
No indeed, this has been one of the most intriguing roads they have been going down, based on the various rumours and potential spoilers we've been hearing- no Jedi Order. Luke has not gone down the most straightforward path we may have imagined. Whether he tried to re-found it or not is something we'll have to see- they basically have a new post-OT backstory they are using for the new film.

Anyway, pretty good trailer, but that's all three trailers now and not a single lightsabre touched another. Nothing quite beats the excitement of that one second flash of the Obi-Wan/Maul fight in the big TPM trailer.

JediRobin23
Hmmm..... Nostradamus might be right... Although I hope not....
Initial impression was that is all of a sudden it looked digital (I mean) computer digital effects clean.....

The story.....k, there's no empire, so he was 'raised' for a reason? Kyle ren finishing what Vader started? Vader didn't start sh%t, other then trying to overthrow palpatine and rule the Galaxy. Guess that's it!, big surprise. Oh, and darkside and the Jedi did exist a long time ago says Han Solo...

The trailer looks like Star Trek....

Wonder if there's going to be an actual story in this movie??????

Ushgarak
All SW trailers are coy on plot.

That said, I do gather that not THAT much happens in TFA- and maybe no bad thing. Not that much happens in ANH either. WAY more was trying to happen in the prequel films, and not to their benefit (AOTC suffered worst of all- that was two films hacked in half and cut together).

There's no Empire but there's the Empire-like organisation the First Order (not a real spoiler now it's all over merchandise).

JediRobin23
I hope your right. I do agree about not giving too much away in all the trailers...

NewLanceWindu
This looks nothing like Star Trek, except for the new movies which are directed by JJ Abrams and fans of Trek said looked too much like Star Wars. :eyeroll:

|King Joker|
Hey, does Rey have a British accent or is Daisy just bad at hiding hers?

Also, I really love Lupita's voiceover.

Beniboybling
Awesome trailer, not keen on Kylo Ren's voice though.

Also apparently: The Knights of Ren were the result of a failed attempt by Luke to rebuild the Jedi Order, which may be why he went into hiding.

ares834
Where did you hear that from?

|King Joker|
I heard that as well, but IDR where. mmm

Bashar Teg
it's plausible, for sure.

ares834
Certainly could be. And the Knights of Ren could by a play on renegade knights. Frankly though, I'd think that would be rather uninteresting and would only make Luke's failures worse.

|King Joker|
Is there still no confirmation whether or not Leia's a Jedi?

ares834
No confirmation that I know of. Though I highly doubt she will be.

|King Joker|
uggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

queeq
Loved the trailer.

I think a lot of people should start considering letting go of the EU expectations of this movie. I doubt there will be twin kids by Han and Leia, there certainly is no Jedi order, I doubt there's anything 'Knights of Ren'-ish about this or any EU plotline people may have loved form novels or comics. I think this is an original story, completely detached from anything published so far and I am surprised so little is known about the plot.

To me it looks great, it feels great, it has a sense of originality about it ... I dunno... I might like this SW.

I'm not bothered about the Vader-starting-something line. Indeed Vader didn't start anything. However... Kylo Ren could THINK that Vader started something... And that would just make him dangerous IMHO.

And who's the one who said it looks like Star Trek... ? I think you got it the wrong way around: Abrams made Star Trek look like Star Wars... And now he makes SW looks like SW again. It certainly feels that way.

I have my hopes up, let's just hope the story doesn't suck!

Bashar Teg
my favorite moment:

http://i.imgur.com/LK3yIoC.gif

dadudemon
Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
One of the main plot points is trying to find Luke, so there's no need for him to be featured in the trailers. His mystery needs to stay a mystery until the film is in theaters.

thumb up thumb up thumb up

Sometimes (most of the time) trailers give up too much information about the plot. I want something to make me salivate, not ruin the story.

HereticalDruid
Kylo Ren could be referring to the eradication of the Jedi. Darth Vader probably was perceived as the man who brought down the Jedi since he hunted them actively for years following the fall of the Republic.

Or something.

JediRobin23
Originally posted by queeq

And who's the one who said it looks like Star Trek... ? I think you got it the wrong way around: Abrams made Star Trek look like Star Wars... And now he makes SW looks like SW again. It certainly feels that way.

I have my hopes up, let's just hope the story doesn't suck!

I meant it looks like the new Star Trek. Are you sure JJ tried to make Star Trek look like the OT or the PT movies?

Anyway, it looks like Star Trek by the way the movie frames circle around Finn for example, but that is probably just Abrams....

Kylo Rens voice does sound cool...

queeq
Yes, the new ST was made by Abrams. And Abrams is, as we all know, a huge SW fan. So when he did Star Trek, he certainly Starwardized it. Very clear to me... so why not starwardize SW as well?

So yes, it IS Abrams... and Abrams loves SW.

queeq
Originally posted by HereticalDruid
Kylo Ren could be referring to the eradication of the Jedi. Darth Vader probably was perceived as the man who brought down the Jedi since he hunted them actively for years following the fall of the Republic.

Or something.

But there are NO more Jedi... expect maybe Luke. But killing one guy is not really finish the work Vader ended some 40-50 years ago.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by JediRobin23

Anyway, it looks like Star Trek by the way the movie frames circle around Finn for example, but that is probably just Abrams....

a valid point. however is it a JJ thing or just a modern cinematography thing? i think we're just going to have to stomach some of it. it's ok by me, as long as it's not whored. for example, i didnt mind shaky-cam in the dogfighting scenes. however if i have to see shaky-cam in dialogue scenes i just might walk out and demand a refund. same goes for lense flare. it's all about how it's applied, imo.

Bashar Teg
someone made a music-only edit.

Ci0C8ggQWys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci0C8ggQWys

queeq
What is the point of that???

Bashar Teg
i dont know how to answer that queeq. what's the point of music?

NewLanceWindu
What is the point of that???

John Williams is ****ing awesome and his music is emotional.

ares834
Apparently Williams was not responsible for the trailer's music. A shame because I thought it was great.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-trailer-music/

Darth Thor
But there are NO more Jedi... expect maybe Luke. But killing one guy is not really finish the work Vader ended some 40-50 years ago.

Agreed. Eradicating the Jedi won't be the Goal he's taken on. Especially when Vader's goal was never to kill Luke.

Bashar Teg
and now someone combined all the trailers into one.

XIRoASL90EI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIRoASL90EI

Sith Master X
The trailer music is excellent, but it doesn't sound like it was done entirely by John Williams. Aside from the actual themes, a lot of the instrumentals are different from what he would typically use. I doubt he did the recording for it. However I love it.

EDIT: Just noticed the above article posted by Ares834. Well there you have it then. smile

Trailer itself looks great, but remember, trailers, especially for movies like these, are almost always better than the movie itself.

Bashar Teg
the internet people made a george lucas special edition verion

v93Jh6JNBng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v93Jh6JNBng

Sith Master X
Wish I had that much time on my hands. Sucks having a job.

Bashar Teg
jeez, bitter much?

have a laugh, bruh. it's good for you.

Sith Master X
I will definitely laugh if Luke frenches his sister again in this one.

I'm going to enjoy Episode 7 while it last. I heard Kathleen Kennedy will only allow women to view Episode 8 in theaters.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Sith Master X
I heard Kathleen Kennedy will only allow women to view Episode 8 in theaters.

i don't get it. confused

but yeah i hope they drop the whole incest thing for good.

http://i.imgur.com/3Ytwg8zl.jpg

ares834
He must have read it at #BoycottStarWarsVII.

Bashar Teg
aaaaaaah the plot thickens.

i saw that twitter. very confusing.

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by Sith Master X
I will definitely laugh if Luke frenches his sister again in this one.

I'm going to enjoy Episode 7 while it last. I heard Kathleen Kennedy will only allow women to view Episode 8 in theaters.

Not sure if you're serious here.

peluffo
http://gfycat.com/RingedInbornArmyworm

NewLanceWindu
http://gfycat.com/EthicalPerfectGrasshopper

Bashar Teg
Huh...they kinda look like dancing goth kids. Is that the joke or is this a meme thing?

NewLanceWindu
Huh...they kinda look like dancing goth kids. Is that the joke or is this a meme thing?

The shots have been brightened up without losing quality, but the movement gives you a better idea of the characters than a still shot.

REXXXX
There's a lot of dead bodies in the background, there.

Bashar Teg
Oh i see...hey whats with that giant anime sword.

Bashar Teg
the madness continues

yo7_qW4pPrc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo7_qW4pPrc

JediRobin23
http://gfycat.com/EthicalPerfectGrasshopper

That looks like boba fett on the far left

JediRobin23
the madness continues

yo7_qW4pPrc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo7_qW4pPrc

Enough with the jar jar jokes already. That is so old....
Whoever made that it so lame

ares834
I thought it was hilarious.

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by REXXXX
There's a lot of dead bodies in the background, there.

In the cleaned up shot they look more like rocks to me.

NewLanceWindu
Oh i see...hey whats with that giant anime sword.

Giant vibrosword of doom!

That looks like boba fett on the far left

Notice that his right arm looks to have been replaced by a blaster.

JediRobin23

Woow. Could that be him? The sarlac in Rotj could have bit his arm off, and boba could have survived

NewLanceWindu
Woow. Could that be him? The sarlac in Rotj could have bit his arm off, and boba could have survived

I don't think it is.

However, in Star Wars: Aftermath there is a bit about armor found on Tatooine that was pitted with acid. Doesn't say it's Boba's but heavily implied.

Bashar Teg
Enough with the jar jar jokes already. That is so old....
Whoever made that it so lame

go cry with smx then. *shrug*

Bashar Teg

how does he pee?

NewLanceWindu
how does he pee?

He's a lefty.

queeq
Nifty!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.