Marvels New Gods

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prof. T.C McAbe
The JLA Members became the Gods of a certain aspect. Who would you choose to become the God of:

1.) Death
2.) Strength
3.) Knowledge
4.) Apokolips
5.) Gods

and why?

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
The JLA Members became the Gods of a certain aspect. Who would you choose to become the God of:

1.) Death
2.) Strength
3.) Knowledge
4.) Apokolips
5.) Gods

and why?

1.) Death could either be Thanos or Current Sentry.

2.) It needs to be a fairly one dimensional character for strength so just go with someone like the Hulk.

3.) You could have either Maker which I think would be a cool person to have this title or Reed Richards or Hank Pym. There is a lot of geniuses to pick from.

4.) Since Marvel doesn't have an Apokolips I can't speak for this but it could be cool if you had a repalcement.

5.) Thor would be an option to pick since he's an actual God.

I mean you could choose loads of other characters but this was just a random 4 I thought could be good.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
1.) Death could either be Thanos or Current Sentry.

2.) It needs to be a fairly one dimensional character for strength so just go with someone like the Hulk.

3.) You could have either Maker which I think would be a cool person to have this title or Reed Richards or Hank Pym. There is a lot of geniuses to pick from.

4.) Since Marvelk doesn't have an Apokolips I can't speak for this but it could be cool if you had a repalcement.

5.) Thor would be an option to pick since he's an actual God.

I mean you could choose loads of other characters but this was just a random 4 I thought could be good.

I like your choices, especially

1.) Sentry
2.) Hulk
3.) Reed
5.) Thor

I could see Hercules as God of Strength and Black Panther as the God of Knowledge. The Dark Dimension is the closest thing I see to Apokolips.

carver9
I agree with One Scot list.

80sBaby
I like One Scott's list, too with one exception.

Death = Silver Surfer

Apokalips = Doom

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by 80sBaby
I like One Scott's list, too with one exception.

Death = Silver Surfer

Apokalips = Doom

Interesting Choices. Like it. I could also dig Sentry as the God of Gods, since he is portrayed above any other superbeing most of the time.

Galan007

1.) Death
2.) Strength
3.) Knowledge
4.) Apokolips
5.) Gods

and why? 1.) Deadpool or Thanos. They have always had a close/intimate relationship with Death.
2.) Hulk. Goes without saying--strength is what he does.
3.) Reed or Maker. Their thirst for knowledge is unrivaled.
4.) Annihilus. He, like Darkseid, rules a realm of pure chaos/evil, and has subjugated trillions of beings... Seems like an appropriate fit.
5.) Thor. New Genesis and Asgard are very similar in terms of their overall purpose/portrayal, and Thor has long-since been a champion of Asgard. It's only fitting for him to be the God of the New Gods.

Stoic
Originally posted by Galan007
1.) Deadpool or Thanos. They have always had a close/intimate relationship with Death.
4.) Annihilus. He, like Darkseid, rules a realm of pure evil, and has subjugated trillions of beings... Seems like an appropriate fit. Doom would also be a great choice for similar reasons.
5.) Thor. New Genesis and Asgard are very similar as far as their overall purpose/portrayal, and Thor has long-since been a champion of Asgard. It's only fitting for him to be the God of the New Gods.

Perfect especially for picking Annihilus. He is Marvel's Darkseid without a doubt.

Prof. T.C McAbe
1.) Deadpool or Thanos. They have always had a close/intimate relationship with Death.
4.) Annihilus. He, like Darkseid, rules a realm of pure evil, and has subjugated trillions of beings... Seems like an appropriate fit.
5.) Thor. New Genesis and Asgard are very similar in terms of their overall purpose/portrayal, and Thor has long-since been a champion of Asgard. It's only fitting for him to be the God of the New Gods.

thumb up

Deadpool would be hilarious, his knowledge already goes beyond the 4th wall.^^

ShadowFyre
4.) Annihilus. He, like Darkseid, rules a realm of pure chaos/evil, and has subjugated trillions of beings... Seems like an appropriate fit.

This and Scots. Though Hulk could be interchanged I feel like tgis is him all day.

Supermex
1.) Thanos
2.) Hulk or Hercules
3.) Reed or Hank
4.) Annihilus or Dr.Doom
5.) Thor

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Supermex
1.) Thanos
2.) Hulk or Hercules
3.) Reed or Hank
4.) Annihilus or Dr.Doom
5.) Thor

Doesent Doom somewhat care about the people of Latveria though?

carver9
Would you flip some of the DC folks that were chosen?

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
Would you flip some of the DC folks that were chosen?
http://i.imgur.com/PxOvO5l.png
http://i.imgur.com/ixuJ59v.png
http://i.imgur.com/SjY678p.png
http://i.imgur.com/3TtrqhE.png
http://i.imgur.com/5XIpAsS.png

I don't particularly care for Flash as Death, but aside from him the 'God-roster' is pretty solid, imo.

Mindset
Why would they make Flash, Death?

erm

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Mindset

erm

He merged with the Black Racer in the previous comic. I mean that isn't the direct reason but it is probably why they did it.

Cogito
I don't particularly care for Flash as Death, but aside from him the 'God-roster' is pretty solid, imo. Just curious, why's that? The parallel with the Black Racer is obvious. Maybe too obvious..?

Facee
Going to switch it up a little so it won't become more of the same.

1. Lord Mar-Vell : death
2. Hulk rules this department so yeah : strength
3. Strange : knowledge
4. Thanos : apocalypse
5. Thor

carver9
Originally posted by Facee
Going to switch it up a little so it won't become more of the same.

1. Lord Mar-Vell : death
2. Hulk rules this department so yeah : strength
3. Strange : knowledge
4. Thanos : apocalypse
5. Thor

Great list.

Henry_Pym

1.) Death
2.) Strength
3.) Knowledge
4.) Apokolips
5.) Gods

and why? Dracula, Abomination, Modok, Zemo & Absorbing man.

They all get pown'd by the returning Bro Force

Mindset
Originally posted by Cogito
Just curious, why's that? The parallel with the Black Racer is obvious. Maybe too obvious..? Everyone else actually embodies what they became.

carver9
I guess they chose Flash because of out running Death thing he kept mentioning.

Galan007
Everyone else actually embodies what they became. thumb up

8swords

erm

my opinion would be that "you cannot escape death" deal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.