Tempest Watches KOTFE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The_Tempest
Looking up FluffyNinjaLlama's videos.

?v=0X-Ni0p2zEY&list=PLrYsj_Il7VSt5AAclgrfVGTMPejLGbDVx&index=18

Finishing up this video right now. So far, I've found it to be infinitely more intriguing than SWTOR. Not exactly original, but the killing of Valkorion early on and putting him in the role of The Obi-Wan was probably the most inspired decision yet with the character.

Interesting that he is killed via a lightsaber to the back and that he doesn't deny needing the protag's help against his children. "It will take both of us" and all that.

So far, it's kept my interest pretty solidly.

Selenial
Agreed tbh regarding Valkorion, this is literally the first time the character has become remotely interesting. I for one, love it.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Selenial
Agreed tbh regarding Valkorion, this is literally the first time the character has become remotely interesting. I for one, love it.

thumb up

His admission that he was also in love and that his constant evolution has prompted some major character growth was a nice touch as well.

But BioWare is BioWare and so I have no doubt they'll ruin the whole goddamn thing.

Sinious
There is this one line of Valky that Temp will particularly cherish. It's in chapter 8 so I won't spoil it.

The_Tempest
I plan on watching some more tonight. I'm hoping KOFTE keeps its momentum.

S_W_LeGenD
Valkorion is not dead; he exists on a different spectrum then mortals. He forged some kind of connection with the Outlander and did this on purpose. Lana Beniko, in particular, suspects that he is up to something and cannot be trusted. She is correct.

"Your death is too good to be true. You can't fool me." (The Outlander)

Selenial
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Valkorion is not dead; he exists on a different spectrum then mortals. He forged some kind of connection with the Outlander and did this on purpose. Lana Beniko, in particular, suspects that he is up to something and cannot be trusted. She is correct.

"Your death is too good to be true. You can't fool me." (The Outlander)

You mean just like every other sith who has become a spirit? Kek.

And I don't know why you think you're in a position to say she's correct, unless you work for Bioware and have seen/written the next few chapters?

S_W_LeGenD
You mean just like every other sith who has become a spirit? Kek.

And I don't know why you think you're in a position to say she's correct, unless you work for Bioware and have seen/written the next few chapters?
Valkorion is not a Force ghost. He is officially identified as an entity.

I posted a real dialogue as a hint. Valkorion responds that he is not trying to deceive the Outlander but make him realize the truth.

NewGuy01
...Force ghosts are entities.

NewGuy01
In every post you presume too much. I am pointing out faulty logic, not making a case.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by NewGuy01
...Force ghosts are entities.
Yes, but they are not disembodied beings.

"Voices... Hands... Children... I no longer require those crude vessels. At long last I am truly free." (Valkorion)

Valkorion is a disembodied being. He never died.

Force ghosts don't have power of their own.

ares834
Originally posted by norenetkrokosls
He exhibits virtually none of the characteristics of a force ghost and all of the characteristics of energy.

What is a Force Ghost "made" of then? Force energy is the obvious conclusion...

Selenial
Yes, but they are not disembodied beings.

"Voices... Hands... Children... I no longer require those crude vessels. At long last I am truly free." (Valkorion)

Valkorion is a disembodied being. He never died.

Force ghosts don't have power of their own.

Force ghosts do have power of their own, at least in SWTOR.

He did die, you see his corpse. He had a ****ing funeral smokin'

S_W_LeGenD
Force ghosts do have power of their own, at least in SWTOR.

He did die, you see his corpse. He had a ****ing funeral smokin'
Force ghosts draw energy from the connection of a living being to the Force to manifest in the materialistic realm and influence it. SWTOR related depictions do not challenge this documented ground reality and technicality.

There are ample hints and demonstrations of Valkorion in disembodied form in SWTOR. Valkorion have achieved immortality and does not needs a physical form to exist.

In chapter 1, we witness destruction of a Valkorion's Voice. However, Valkorion laughs it off and informs the Outlander that he have established a connection with him and will assist him if it becomes necessary.

NewGuy01
Force ghosts draw energy from the connection of a living being to the Force to manifest in the materialistic realm and influence it.

The same goes for Vitiate, from what we've seen. He only alters the physical realm through the Outlander or a host.

Spirits are disembodied entities too, LeG. erm

DarthAnt66
Of course Vitiate isn't dead or a Force ghost. erm

Suggesting that is pretty stupid, TBH.

The_Tempest
Kindly take your nonsense elsewhere. This thread is dedicated to my insightful commentary on KOFTE.

Selenial
Originally posted by norenetkrokosls
Valkorion also mind walked in the Outlander's mind. He's not dead, no matter how much you wish him to be. And oh praise jesus, ARCANN said. Well then, it must be true because Arcann knows?

No, you want it to be well backed. There's a difference.

How does that make him "not dead". Sith spirits have possessed people, and Sith Spirits on Dromund Kaas mind walked as well.

His physical body is dead and his essence cannot freely travel the Galaxy. That in itself is Valkorion being dead.

Saying he's not dead is like saying Kun never died until the NJO Era, and was in fact simply a 4000 year old normal everyday sith.

NewGuy01
Well I mean, he kinda could before he was bound to the Outlander at least; he travelled from Yavin to Ziost. Unless he's one of those cases that can only appear on nexuses of the force.

Selenial
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Well I mean, he kinda could before he was bound to the Outlander at least; he travelled from Yavin to Ziost. Unless he's one of those cases that can only appear on nexuses of the force.

Indeed, and he seems to have been weakened by his death to the point of no longer being able to do that. Fits in with Arcann saying he's significantly weaker, too.

FreshestSlice
You're implying he can't do it because he's weaker, even though Ziost and Yavin were when he was at his weakest, and not because he's bound to the Outlander's body like a Voice would be.

ares834
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Of course Vitiate isn't dead or a Force ghost. erm

Suggesting that is pretty stupid, TBH.

Why? He seems to be a very potent Sith Spirit.

The_Tempest
?v=9V01xrHG0s4

Just watched the defiance option for the Republic. Valkorion blocking Arcann's strikes is cool, but hardly the stuff of legends. Satele or The Father palming that shit is much more impressive. Not to mention the dude goes down to a single blaster shot.

Anyway, back to the campaign I was watching:

?v=4hfVO3Qfj-M&index=27&list=PLrYsj_Il7VSt5AAclgrfVGTMPejLGbDVx

Vaylin, as of this moment, is only Kota-level, feat-wise. Randomly killing those guards at the end of the level is weird. Beniko, always a pleasure, is also not astounding me with Force prowess. Kinda impressed that BioWare isn't yet making everyone a planet buster.

Momentum is carrying. thumb up

ares834
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Kinda impressed that BioWare isn't yet making everyone a planet buster.

Agreed. After reading some posts I was expecting ridiculous displays of power but instead the character seem toned down in comparison to SWTOR.

The_Tempest
?v=DyDntV9xrBQ&index=29&list=PLrYsj_Il7VSt5AAclgrfVGTMPejLGbDVx

Oh joy. Another detente. Looks like Zakuul's superiority is predicated greatly on speed and awareness rather than raw firepower. Beniko says they pretty much ran roughshod over the Sith and Republic in approximately 3 months, which is pretty damn impressive, even though each faction was undoubtedly diminished due to their own previous battles.

Also interesting that everyone psychically sensed that Valkorion was Vitiate upon his death.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by ares834
Agreed. After reading some posts I was expecting ridiculous displays of power but instead the character seem toned down in comparison to SWTOR.

Agreed. Starting chapter 4 now.

Selenial
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
You're implying he can't do it because he's weaker, even though Ziost and Yavin were when he was at his weakest, and not because he's bound to the Outlander's body like a Voice would be.

Ziost and Yavin were him at his weakest, feeding on a planet's worth of Dark Side Energy and mass death confused

Take Ziost for example, Vitiate was weak. Vitiate dominated a tiny portion of the populace, because he was weak. They killed, the death fed him, he took control of more people and the chain reaction continued. By the time Vitiate got to his planet busting levels of power, he had been fed to the point of being in his prime once more.

All of this was caused by the death of his Voice. If Valkorion was the voice as many suggest, and not his actual body (Valkorion survived as a single being for hundreds of years, just so you know) then it stands to reason that the death of his body affects him just as badly. It's likely why he can't just possess the Outlander, it's why he couldn't outright obliterate Arcann like he could while he was alive.

It's pretty obvious Vitiate's turned back to his weakened spirit form, and for all intents and purposes he is dead.

What I'm kind of confused about though is how the Ziost and Yavin arcs make any sense if Valkorion was alive the whole time. Literally none of Vitiate's past story arcs make sense, since Senya implies he's been around for at least a century. Thoughts?

DarthAnt66
He can be multiple places in once, but on Ziost and Yavin most of him was locked away, perhaps.

The_Tempest
?v=o2Fq51e3OKs&index=34&list=PLrYsj_Il7VSt5AAclgrfVGTMPejLGbDVx
?v=o2Fq51e3OKs&index=34&list=PLrYsj_Il7VSt5AAclgrfVGTMPejLGbDVx

Lots and lots of dialogue here. Beniko continues to be compelling AF. I keep forgetting she's technically a bad guy. Vaylin continues to be batshit crazy and, thus far, not in an endearing way. Her habit for Random Murder might be more engaging if her post-mortem witticisms were actually, y'know, witty. An obvious homage to Vader/Needa, but the original outclasses it by miles.

This continues to have my interest. thumb up

?v=0CeFGz8RJn8&list=PLrYsj_Il7VSt5AAclgrfVGTMPejLGbDVx&index=35

Easily the most impressive feat thus far. Blown a bit out of proportion, though: it's taking the concerted efforts of three Force users and the engines are obviously playing a huge role.

Love HK's line about belief.

Nephthys
If he has a true body locked away somewhere, then the Hero killing him locked him away from that as well as Valkorion. Maybe when he invests his full spirit in a vessal, it actually all goes there and he's cut off from his other bodies and too weak to inhabit them when he's killed.

Selenial
I think you need to rewatch Vaylin Force Crush a three story generator if you think that's the best TK feat.

Also, it's only just hit me, anyone else getting a Princess Azula vibe from her?

The_Tempest
I think you need to rewatch Vaylin Force Crush a three story generator if you think that's the best TK feat.

Also, it's only just hit me, anyone else getting a Princess Azula vibe from her?

3 story? mmm

That's an insult to Azula.

Selenial
3 story? mmm

That's an insult to Azula.

Probably more like 5 story, although it was ripping it apart not force crushing tbh.

The_Tempest
Didn't seem that large. I'll go back and rewatch.

The_Tempest
?v=2fT3QcLxv5I&index=44&list=PLrYsj_Il7VSt5AAclgrfVGTMPejLGbDVx

The Gravestone is pretty beastly. One shot KO's approx. 24 ships? Arcann must have brought the whole fleet there to test its strength. He's growing on me as a bad guy. Less an omniscient chessmaster and more of a Magnificent Bastard opportunist.

Not getting the whole flow-walking thing. Valkorion specifically states he hasn't stopped time. Force users, especially powerful ones like the protag, obviously experience and process a wealth of stimuli at a much higher rate than do normal people. Sounds like it's a visual version of the oft' used literary trope that involves a character musing/rationalizing for 10 paragraphs in an event that happens in a split second.

Pretty powerful TK burst, though.

The_Tempest
?v=Qpn98AHjSYk

The Scion stuff started to make me lose my interest. Senya being Valky's baby-momma was an interesting development. Arcann's displeasure at her treachery is also curious. Some seriously Oedipal shit going on up in hurr.

Also, Vaylin finally had a good line about the odd number stuff. Interesting dynamic between the brooding brother and his batshit crazy sister.

S_W_LeGenD
Probably more like 5 story, although it was ripping it apart not force crushing tbh.

Didn't seem that large. I'll go back and rewatch.
Here:

I am giving scaling another try:-

Check this image:

http://i60.tinypic.com/27yr62u.png

You can notice 3 arrows.

1. Top arrow points towards a multi-story structure that Vaylin initially targeted. Lets call it "bottom structure" since it rests below the "power core." It is like 15 stories tall.

2. Middle arrow points towards Lana Beniko and the Outlander. Notice how small they are in comparison to the surroundings?

3. Bottom arrow points towards gigantic trees that are like 10 stories tall each.

Now check this image:

http://i58.tinypic.com/hv1oac.png

You can notice 3 arrows.

1. Left arrow points towards the "bottom structure."

2. Middle arrow points towards the protagonists mentioned above.

3. Right arrow points towards the power grids that separate the "bottom structure" from the area where Vaylin will throw the chunks.

Now check this image:

http://i61.tinypic.com/2m6jv5g.png

You can notice 3 arrows.

1. Bottom arrow points towards the power grids that separate the "bottom structure" from the area where Vaylin is throwing the chunks. This time, angle is focused towards the area where chunks are being thrown by Vaylin.

2. Middle arrow points towards gigantic trees that are like 10 stories tall as pointed out by me earlier.

3. Top arrow points towards a massive chunk that is much larger then a bus in sheer size.

Now check this image:

http://i57.tinypic.com/1eat95.png

You can notice a single arrow.

This arrow points towards a Starship that is passing by and it can be used for scaling purpose. The power core (itself) is like 10 stories tall.

---

Clear enough?

The_Tempest
facepalm

S_W_LeGenD
facepalm
Yes. Yes. I can feel your anger.

So you watched newer chapters?

The_Tempest
Stopped at 6 last night. You should post that shit in a few more threads, though.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Kindly take your nonsense elsewhere. This thread is dedicated to my insightful commentary on KOFTE.

erm

The_Tempest
You should change your username to BentTheKnee.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.