Who wins? In what looks to be the 2 most powerful teams in current Marvel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No Prep..
No B.F.R..

The Ultimates

Black Panther
Blue Marvel
Capt.Marvel
Ms.America
Monica Rambeau

Vs

The Squadron Supreme

Nighthawk
Hyperion
Zarda
Spectrum
Blur

What looks to be the 2 most powerful team in the current new all diffrent Marvel... Who wins?

Galan007
Ultimates.

Supermex
Originally posted by Galan007
Ultimates.

Looks like a close fight..

Why the Ultimates?

Henry_Pym
They also have Galactus on their team lol

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
They also have Galactus on their team lol

As far as I know Galactus is gonna be their enemy. He's not on the team or anything.

The solicits for Ultimates #1 hint at him being the enemy.

Henry_Pym
I had heard it mentioned, but it could just be a rumor.

Supermex
No Big G in this battle lol

deathslash
Originally posted by Supermex
No Big G in this battle lol doesn't matter. The ultimates still win

riv6672
G or no G the Ultimates should have this.

Supermex
Originally posted by deathslash
doesn't matter. The ultimates still win

Why is that?

Why would the Ultimates still wins?

DarkSaint85
Ultimates.

They have more feats, and better feats.

riv6672
More and better feats. Better overall team, from weakest to strongest member.

80sBaby
The Ultimates win a solid majority based on what's been said already. Give SS a chance to get some issues/feats under their belt and things might change.

BTW, looking forward to both these books!

Henry_Pym
Is Hyperion a new Hyperion or what?

One_Angry_Scot
Is Hyperion a new Hyperion or what?

No he's the same one.

Henry_Pym
He should beat BM imo then.

If Spectrum can contain Monica the squadron has a shot.

How tough is Zarda? Is she around Wondy level?

DarkSaint85

If Spectrum can contain Monica the squadron has a shot.

How tough is Zarda? Is she around Wondy level?

FWIW, Zarda was losing against Ultimate Thor. Someone who's a Low Herald here (where WW is Mid).

80sBaby

Why do you think this when BM beat King Hyperion?

carver9
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
No he's the same one.

How?

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by 80sBaby
Why do you think this when BM beat King Hyperion? because this Hype > King Hype...

-K-M-
Captain Marvel is the new leader of Alpha Flight. So my vote will depend on what Marvel does as by law I have to rep ANY member of Alpha Flight. If this is some stupid new spin she and her team automatically loses and they can go to dirty sexy hell.

Henry_Pym
Carol is leading alpha flight, why? Is she now Canadian?

-K-M-

Henry_Pym
So you think Marvel is going to give a push to the plodox(?) in that fox has the brood aliens (I assume)?

-K-M-
Most likely to be honest, trying to distance Alpha Flight from the X-Men universe as FOX would have rights. Just like how they split up the Fantastic Four (Human Torch in the Inhumans, Thing in Guardians of the Galaxy, etc)

However, it could just be a new version not connected to the original team.

Henry_Pym
I wonder how Guardian and Vindicator's suits would be powered if not on earth?

-K-M-
Wont effect them, they actually had a LOT of space adventures in the original run. However, I doubt they will be part of the new team but we shall see.

Henry_Pym
I though they were powered by earth's electro magnetism and thermo power? Comics I guess

80sBaby
because this Hype > King Hype...

Interesting. You're the first person I've ever see claim this.

What are you basing this on? King Hype killed all his world's heroes, including the likes of Hulk, didn't he?

Henry_Pym
Are you going to argue that characters are exactly as powerful in every universe?

Ie. 616 Odinson vs Ultimate Thor

80sBaby
Are you going to argue that characters are exactly as powerful in every universe?

Ie. 616 Odinson vs Ultimate Thor

"Exactly?" No. But without any evidence to the contrary why believe they're less powerful? I doubt the writer's intent was that King Hyperion was a push-over and only beat weaklings. He was presented as pretty beastly, iirc.

Henry_Pym
Because overwhelming evidence shows that different universe characters are very different than the 616 versions.

80sBaby
Because overwhelming evidence shows that different universe characters are very different than the 616 versions.

When specifically stated/shown, yes. But there's also evidence where they're the same.

But at least I understand your reasoning now.

Stoic
Im trying to figure out which Hyperion is stronger/more powerful?

1. Hyperion (Odinson fought with against the Beyonders)
2. Hyperion (Squadron Supreme)
3. King Hyperion

riv6672
because this Hype > King Hype... and BM > both of them, then.

Q99
Aside from BM vs Hype (which I, too, give to Blue Marvel), I think Monica's a better secondary hitter than any of the Squaders.

riv6672
Very true. She's pretty much a DC level speedster. Pretty much unheard of for Marvel earthbound characters.

basilisk
Originally posted by 80sBaby
"Exactly?" No. But without any evidence to the contrary why believe they're less powerful? I doubt the writer's intent was that King Hyperion was a push-over and only beat weaklings. He was presented as pretty beastly, iirc. While that was the original writer's intent, it all pretty much went out the window when the BM story was written, and KH went from being a major badass to just a sort of moderate badass.

IMO bringing KH in and having BM beat him without really too much difficulty - the old hero gets beaten down then gets up and wins within a few panels kick - had the opposite effect to what that author intended. Instead of making BM look awesome I just thought "well I guess all those guys KH beat really weren't 616 levels - they were just the usual What If fodder and he isn't such a beast after all". It kind of ruined the exiles KH stories for me.

There is no sensible way BM could beat a character capable of just laughing while killing 616 Hulk, Thor, etc. with his bare hands, or killing 616 Galactus. I think KH even killed his own version of BM.

So I think KH was tough in those exiles universes against alternates, but I think subsequent stories dropped him a little below the 616 powerhouses like Thor, Hulk, Sentry, Hyperion, BM etc.

As for the teams though, I'd go with Ultimates until we see more.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.