Fist Fight: DCNU Superman vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This is DCNU Superman with the same mindset he had when he fought Doomsday.

Thanos can only amp himself physically... charge fist, etc...

Philosophía
Physical fight? Superman stomps.

Ripping Doomsday into pieces is above anything Thanos has ever shown physically.

zopzop
Thanos.

Genii96
Thanos shitstomps superman

Insane Titan

burrrrrr
blowup

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Insane Titan
That Doomsday was nowhere near Thanos in terms of durability or damage soak

Namor found it pretty easy evil face

JBL
Thanos in a murderous stomp.

Henry_Pym
Why does this keep being made... Thanos wins with ease.

celeyhyga17
Thanos wrecks

tkitna
Thanos punches Clark back to Krypton.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

psycho gundam
The polar difference between what people are saying is going to happen should be backed up with scans.

There is no in between and that doesn't make sense

abhilegend
Superman has indeed ripped Doomsday apart with his bare hands. Even if you rate him around wonder woman level which is a gross lowballing,( doomsday actually looked like he was several times stronger than her,) it's better than anything Thanos has done in his career.

No if or but. If you have a comparable feat, please post.

panthergod
Superman punches Thanos' head off. Literally.

Utrigita
Thanos for the win.

Genii96
Thanos backhands superman's head off

DarkSaint85
http://i2.wp.com/thefanboyseo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Avengers-World-21-spoilers-namor-vs-thanos-4.jpg

Like it or hate it, Superman is > Namor, surely.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman won't rip Thanos in half, this is a fist fight. Though he might be able to do this.

Superman is stronger, Thanos can amp his punches, if Superman's speed is crippled iow equalized, it's a good fight and not a stomp for any side.

Insane Titan
We all know Superman had to go all out to put down a knackered Thor, whilst a miles stronger Thor could only bust Thanos nose. Hell Thanos didn't even amp his punches/strength against PG Thor.

Using a less formidable/durable Doomsday as proof he beats Thanos is just pure bias.

Philosophía
We all know Superman had to go all out to put down a knackered Thor, whilst a miles stronger Thor could only bust Thanos nose. You do realize that N52 Superman and pre-Flashpoint Superman are completely different characters, right?

-Pr-
Closing soon. This thread is only going to get messy.

h1a8
Superman wins. He's stronger when he is in a killing mindset.
Plus people are forgetting speed. Superman is insanely faster. And Thanos isn't allowed shields here either.

Philosophía
Originally posted by -Pr-
Closing soon. This thread is only going to get messy. I'm all for debating this. The Thanos side brings zero to the actual discussion.

Mr Master
... and Thanos wins ...

Insane Titan

panthergod
yes and yet there is no vast difference IMO in terms of power etc.

Also using a less formidable/durable Doomsday as a comparison to Thanos is wrong.
He already merked a Superman who can casually lift planets so... Wrong.

Insane Titan
Because lifting feats mean everything right! Lol

panthergod
Because lifting feats mean everything right! Lol
Around here apparently yes.

Base form DD marked a casual planet mover who had Darkseid worried about his power.

Later on DD casually broke an above Class 100 WW's arms with one strike.

His bunt force durability, at least, was absolutely at least Thanos level. Certainly, phucking Namor isn't making him bleed.

-Pr-
yes and yet there is no vast difference IMO in terms of power etc.

Also using a less formidable/durable Doomsday as a comparison to Thanos is wrong.

There's enough of a difference. Plus, using crossovers? Really?

Insane Titan
Originally posted by panthergod
Around here apparently yes.

Base form DD marked a casual planet mover who had Darkseid worried about his power.

Later on DD casually broke an above Class 100 WW's arms with one strike.

His bunt force durability, at least, was absolutely at least Thanos level. Certainly, phucking Namor isn't making him bleed. who gives a shit about around, with me it doesn't fly.

Lol at trying to use 1 showing IE Namor a class 100 who broke him hand punching Thanos.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by -Pr-
There's enough of a difference. Plus, using crossovers? Really? Not to me or am I not allowed my own opinion.

Yeah like everyone else.

bee14ish
Didn't Thanos injure Silver Surfer with a few punches?

panthergod
who gives a shit about around, with me it doesn't fly.

Lol at trying to use 1 showing IE Namor a class 100 who broke him hand punching Thanos.
Post Flashpoint Diana is well above Class 100, so... Yeah.

-Pr-
Not to me or am I not allowed my own opinion.

Yeah like everyone else.

You're welcome to your opinion.

Crossovers aren't valid on the forum though.

Dampyre
Thanos.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by bee14ish
Didn't Thanos injure Silver Surfer with a few punches? he killed him.Originally posted by panthergod
Post Flashpoint Diana is well above Class 100, so... Yeah. And, is that supposed to be impressive.

Hyperion who Thanos manhandled and choked the life out of for fun was class 100+

burrrrrr
Thanos is not going to lose 1 on 1 to a HH like Superman without some serious plot help. It doesn't matter how mad Superman is or if he's not holding back/going all out/in a killing mindset etc...Thanos was written as someone who consistantly wrecks heroes just like Superman. That's why heroes form teams, to deal with threats that are beyond them.

panthergod
he killed him. And, is that supposed to be impressive.

Hyperion who Thanos manhandled and choked the life out of for fun was class 100+
No he wasn't. He was an Elite Class 100 top tier, nothing more.

panthergod
Originally posted by burrrrrr
Thanos is not going to lose 1 on 1 to a HH like Superman without some serious plot help. It doesn't matter how mad Superman is or if he's not holding back/going all out/in a killing mindset etc...Thanos was written as someone who consistantly wrecks heroes just like Superman. That's why heroes form teams, to deal with threats that are beyond them.
And Superman is the guy who , when he cuts loose, matches and defeats the characters it requires teams to defeat.

All it takes is not constantly deluding yourself as to what the comics show.

A ' standard" Superman portrayal would get riled by Thanos, true. All Out mode? He matches or defeats him. That is Superman's established powerset and displayed powerlevels, and no, it doesn't matter if you don't like how powerful he has been proven to be.

Insane Titan
No he wasn't. He was an Elite Class 100 top tier, nothing more. Says who? You! Lmao. you're words have no value at all,period.

Stoic
And Superman is the guy who , when he cuts loose, matches and defeats the characters it requires teams to defeat.

All it takes is not constantly deluding yourself as to what the comics show.

A ' standard" Superman portrayal would get riled by Thanos, true. All Out mode? He matches or defeats him. That is Superman's established powerset and displayed powerlevels, and no, it doesn't matter if you don't like how powerful he has been proven to be.

But you made it seem like it was going to be very easy for Superman to win this? Didn't you begin with Superman punches Thanos' head off? I know that Gladiator is no Superman, but he's still very strong and powerful. Thanos physically beat the guy that mauled Gladiator. This has to count for something. Annihilus was a team beater before the upgrade. Thanos beat him with it.

burrrrrr
The Superfriends want to have it where every SM poor showing can be written off as "holding back" or "mental blocks" as if every other hero doesn't hold back...subconsciously or otherwise.

Then, every time a SM thread comes up, they want the ability to say SM "goes all out" or "stops holding back" so he wins - no matter what. This is funny, considering how often "no limits fallacy" gets thrown around. Just about every other Herald with their own book has done things above their tier. None of them are beating Thanos 1 on 1 either.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
http://i2.wp.com/thefanboyseo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Avengers-World-21-spoilers-namor-vs-thanos-4.jpg

Like it or hate it, Superman is > Namor, surely.

I love how Corvus is laughing about Thanus getting his anus kicked.

Stoic
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I love how Corvus is laughing about Thanus getting his anus kicked.

That punch didn't hurt Thanos though, and let's not pretend that Namor is a weakling either. I do recall Namor having a prolonged battle with the Sentry. and being able to hold his own against Blue Marvel. This shows that he's well within the top tier level, or very nearly so. Just remember that he did about as well against Thanos as Black Bolt did.

carver9
Originally posted by burrrrrr
The Superfriends want to have it where every SM poor showing can be written off as "holding back" or "mental blocks" as if every other hero doesn't hold back...subconsciously or otherwise.

Then, every time a SM thread comes up, they want the ability to say SM "goes all out" or "stops holding back" so he wins - no matter what. This is funny, considering how often "no limits fallacy" gets thrown around. Just about every other Herald with their own book has done things above their tier. None of them are beating Thanos 1 on 1 either.

Yep...they took what one writer said about Superman and rode with it. His losses just like any hero is acceptable. Every hero holds back. It's a habit. Hell, Thor and Hulk subconsciously hold back as well but their losses still goes against their record. It counts.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Yep...they took what one writer said about Superman and rode with it. His losses just like any hero is acceptable. Every hero holds back. It's a habit. Hell, Thor and Hulk subconsciously hold back as well but their losses still goes against their record. It counts.

lol @ one writer.

Utter bollocks, carter. And you know it.

Either way, I don't see this thread ending up any different from the other numerous Superman V Thanos threads. Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.