Mjolnir vs. Enchantment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

h1a8
We all know that Mjolnir is very durable but it isn't indestructible. I wonder if the enchantment is actually stronger than the durability of the hammer itself.

Say Mjolnir is lying on an indestructible ground and an unworthy character with limitless strength tries to lift it.
The question is :

What happens first?

1. Mjolnir breaks when the character tries to lift it.
2. The character lifts Mjolnir without it breaking.

State which one and why then Vote in the poll

Time-Immemorial
omg

burrrrrr
tomato

Scoobless
Neither. The enchantment holds while protecting the hammer in the process. The limitless strength person may rip his/her own fingers off while trying though.

Cogito
Originally posted by Scoobless
Neither. The enchantment holds while protecting the hammer in the process. The limitless strength person may rip his/her own fingers off while trying though.

This.

But if we're forcing one of the two scenarios, I'd say the enchantment is stronger than the hammer.

h1a8
Neither. The enchantment holds while protecting the hammer in the process. The limitless strength person may rip his/her own fingers off while trying though. The person with limitless strength has infinite durability to support his strength. So which happens first?

Smurph
Originally posted by h1a8
The person with limitless strength has infinite durability to support his strength. So which happens first? He gets tired.

h1a8
Originally posted by Smurph
He gets tired. How? He has limitless strength and can lift with any amount of strength instantly, even if it is infinite.

Stoic

"Id"
Can Classic Juggy lift the mallet?

Stoic
There is no way around the enchantment. What Rulk did in space was poor writing. even if the hammer was in zero gravity, it should have remained fastened to that spot.

Sin I AM
We all know that Mjolnir is very durable but it isn't indestructible. I wonder if the enchantment is actually stronger than the durability of the hammer itself.

Say Mjolnir is lying on an indestructible ground and an unworthy character with limitless strength tries to lift it.
The question is :

What happens first?

1. Mjolnir breaks when the character tries to lift it.
2. The character lifts Mjolnir without it breaking.

State which one and why then Vote in the poll

with the exception to bad writing, the enchantment is about as good as it gets..strength isnt lifting it. ud need divine power

h1a8
Originally posted by Sin I AM
with the exception to bad writing, the enchantment is about as good as it gets..strength isnt lifting it. ud need divine power This is a character with infinite strength. Mjolnir doesn't have infinite durability and the enchantment isn't infinite powered. So which happens first?

Stoic
This is a character with infinite strength. Mjolnir doesn't have infinite durability and the enchantment isn't infinite powered. So which happens first?

Read up on Uru. Uru alone is a very durable high herald material (Tier 4 material), but when enchanted it becomes even more durable. Trying to make sense of Mjolnir will not work, because it is magical. Now on the other hand it has been broken, but again, trying to make sense of it will only serve to confuse you. It is very likely that Mjolnir may actually break before the enchantment does, if the unworthy being truly has infinite strength. Then again...

Scoobless
It wouldn't break because no part of it would move, so there would be no pressure via leverage from the handle onto the hammer.

carver9
It wouldn't break because no part of it would move, so there would be no pressure via leverage from the handle onto the hammer.

This. The guy with infinite strength would be tugging at the hammer for an infinite amount of days.

h1a8
It wouldn't break because no part of it would move, so there would be no pressure via leverage from the handle onto the hammer. So you are saying that Mjolnir has infinite durability? How? It was broken many times.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
This. The guy with infinite strength would be tugging at the hammer for an infinite amount of days. How? Mjolnir doesn't have infinite durability. You guys are coping out.

Time-Immemorial
I dont think any answer here will make you happy unless they say the hammer breaks.

h1a8
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
I dont think any answer here will make you happy unless they say the hammer breaks. tbh, I have no phuking clue to what will happen. That's why I have a poll. My guess is the hammer will be lifted. The durability is greater than the enchantment. But I honestly don't know.

riv6672
Originally posted by Smurph
He gets tired.

How? He has limitless strength and can lift with any amount of strength instantly, even if it is infinite.

He lifts everything instantly, thus no cardio.

psycho gundam
To my knowledge, the 616 hammer is batting 1000 when it comes to the unworthy attempting to lift it (unliving beings and peers of Odin are exempt)

h1a8
Originally posted by psycho gundam
To my knowledge, the 616 hammer is batting 1000 when it comes to the unworthy attempting to lift it (unliving beings and peers of Odin are exempt) So what do you thinks happens? Mjolnir breaks or it gets lifted in one piece?

riv6672
Honestly? Your fictional lifter breaks before the hammer does, or is lifted.
Breaks, or just gives up and walks away.

Scoobless
So what do you thinks happens? Mjolnir breaks or it gets lifted in one piece?

The problem here isn't the question, it's your limited concept of what constitutes an answer.

Think of it like this:

Is a cat ten times smarter than you, or is it twenty times smarter than you?

Pick one.

You are only allowing for choices between two possible answers that may both be flawed.

wuleecat
But could the cat lift the hammer?

abhilegend
The enchantment gets broken. Its not infallible after all.

StiltmanFTW
Stormbreaker is better.

psycho gundam
So what do you thinks happens? Mjolnir breaks or it gets lifted in one piece? Odin and Gaea lifted the hammer but they are a sky-father that gave it it's power and an elder goddess. She magically raised the hammer off the ground at that.

I think the Serpent did as well but I don't much recall that arc

Rao Kal El
Hammer breaks sems more plausible.

IIRC Hammer has been broken more times than the worthy spell.

In the realm of "comics" magic is harder to explain though

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by psycho gundam
I think the Serpent did as well but I don't much recall that arc

Well, Fear Itself was a waste of time, so nobody can blame you. He definitely shattered Cap's shield, don't remember if he stopped/lifted Mjolnir.

Bor caught and wielded the hammer. But he couldn't replicate that feat under Bendis, either because Bendis couldn't force himself to read his only appearance before using the character (classic Bendis) or because Bor was undead.

Silent Master
The lifter's hand slips and he falls on his butt, he then runs away crying like a little baby.

DarkSaint85
Imo, the enchantments greater.

We already know what happens with an unworthy being with limitless strength. Hulk.

Magnon
Should the God of Strength decide to lift it, the hammer would first begin to crack and eventually, once broken enough, the enchantment would dissipate from the hammer.

zopzop
This depends.

Just recently Odin himself couldn't lift the hammer.
http://s12.postimg.org/3xqf6316x/wox65gvz26wgjljsc6gm.jpg

BUT....

Zeus caught the hammer for a second or two before it slipped his grasp and returned to Thor's hand. Thor was amazed that Zeus was even able to accomplish that.
http://s29.postimg.org/np29o2wg3/2066506_thorvszeus01annual08.jpg

Mephisto caught the hammer, slagged it, recreated it, then flung it back at Thor. This was in his realm though.
http://s10.postimg.org/yw8t1qr1x/Thorvs_Mephisto09.jpg

Molecule Man ripped the hammer from Thor's hand and atomized it.
http://s10.postimg.org/gyjhk72id/2584718_a215_weaponsdestroyed.jpg

Genii96
Mjonir's enchantment is magical,pjysical strength won't do squat...ur gonna have to have greater magical powers than those which enchant mjonir to ignore its rule

Utrigita

Scoobless
The person with limitless strength has infinite durability to support his strength. So which happens first?

I'm going to assume he is immortal mnow too.

So nothing happens.... forever. The strongest, toughest being to ever exist simply stays in one spot forever, never accomplishing a single task. He becomes something of a tourist attraction at first, until the people get bored of his statue-like performance, over the years he is simply forgotten as the world grows around him, covered by vines and moss, he eventually fades from memory entirely.

Then one day, thousand of years from now, he will accidentally be uncovered by a more advanced civilisation. They will study him, use his DNA to create a virtually unstoppable army and go on to conquer the universe; all the while Odin and Loki are watching on, chortling away at the foolishness of mortals, wondering why Thor never reclamied his most valued posession from this stupid, stupid man.

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Imo, the enchantments greater.

We already know what happens with an unworthy being with limitless strength. Hulk.
In this case, a Hulk with no feats.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Infinite Strength is above the Skyfather tier, so a being would lift it, attached to a Planet, he would lift the Planet with it, otherwise he would lift it from the ground without the Hammer breaking. The idea that an being with infinite strength would fail is lulzworthy.

riv6672
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Infinite Strength is above the Skyfather tier, so a being would lift it, attached to a Planet, he would lift the Planet with it, otherwise he would lift it from the ground without the Hammer breaking. The idea that an being with infinite strength would fail is lulzworthy.

Hulk is above Skyfather.
You heard it here first, folks!
gossip

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
The idea that an being with infinite strength would fail is lulzworthy.

Strength has nothing to do with lifting the hammer though. The enchantment is infinite in its own right. Look at it this way. When Excalibur was lodged in the stone no amount of force could move it. It had nothing to do with strength. People are thinking wayyyy to into this

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by riv6672
In this case, a Hulk with no feats.

It was Doc Green, who carver has many feats for, lol.

But yes, I echo Sin's sentiment. You all are approaching this like Stark would, applying laws of logic and physics to a magical object.

Philosophía
Holy no limits fallacy in this thread! laughing out loud

carver9
This happens...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11114/111146542/4395602-hulkbrokenthorshammer.jpg

Or this happens...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/9/94164/3535780-indestructible+hulk6+by+walt+simonson.jpg

Or it budge...

http://berkeleyplaceblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/IMG_7379.jpg

wink

carver9
On the real though this is the perfect scan for this thread...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124015/2421669-Thor_400-37.jpg

riv6672
It was Doc Green, who carver has many feats for, lol.

But yes, I echo Sin's sentiment. You all are approaching this like Stark would, applying laws of logic and physics to a magical object.
I dont believe i'm overthinking this; OP generic character gets bored and leaves.

h1a8

So nothing happens.... forever. The strongest, toughest being to ever exist simply stays in one spot forever, never accomplishing a single task. He becomes something of a tourist attraction at first, until the people get bored of his statue-like performance, over the years he is simply forgotten as the world grows around him, covered by vines and moss, he eventually fades from memory entirely.

Then one day, thousand of years from now, he will accidentally be uncovered by a more advanced civilisation. They will study him, use his DNA to create a virtually unstoppable army and go on to conquer the universe; all the while Odin and Loki are watching on, chortling away at the foolishness of mortals, wondering why Thor never reclamied his most valued posession from this stupid, stupid man. So you believe that Mjolnir has infinite durability? Because that's the only way your scenario works. If you don't then either Mjolnir breaks the 1st nanosecond or it is lifted the 1st nanosecond. The lifter has infinite strength.

h1a8
Strength has nothing to do with lifting the hammer though. The enchantment is infinite in its own right. Look at it this way. When Excalibur was lodged in the stone no amount of force could move it. It had nothing to do with strength. People are thinking wayyyy to into this Assuming the enchantment is infinite (which this Must be proven) then certainly the durability of the hammer is not as its been broken many times. So your stance suggests that Mjolnir breaks before getting lifted.

the Darkone
Only thing that can over come hammer enchantment is a being with equal or greater magical enchantment. You could be SA Superman, Valdius, OWAW Superman, Trion Juggernaut etc unless you are sky father or above with powerful magical abilities and enchantment your picking up the hammer

h1a8
Originally posted by the Darkone
Only thing that can over come hammer enchantment is a being with equal or greater magical enchantment. You could be SA Superman, Valdius, OWAW Superman, Trion Juggernaut etc unless you are sky father or above with powerful magical abilities and enchantment your picking up the hammer The hammer doesn't have infinite durability. It might break before succumbing to the enchantment. That's if you believe the enchantment is stronger.

Scoobless
So you believe that Mjolnir has infinite durability? Because that's the only way your scenario works. If you don't then either Mjolnir breaks the 1st nanosecond or it is lifted the 1st nanosecond. The lifter has infinite strength.

I believe that the magical "logic" of the enchantment is that any attempt to lift Mjolnir by unworthy hands has zero effect on the hammer, therefore durability doesn't even come into play, it's as if nothing is happening from Mjonir's perspective. To the outside world it appears that great force is being brought to bear onto an inanimate object, but that simply isn't the case.

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n606/Scoobless/Magic_1.jpg

Rao Kal El
I think the scans posted by Zop are the best explaination for this scenario.

He posted 3 magical beings with enough power to over ride the enchantment and then one NON-magical being with enought power over riding the enchantment.

Because this is a non magic based being it seems that if you have enough power you will over ride the enchantment before the mallet breaks.

So I have to change my previous stance on the topic.

meep-meep

Then one day, thousand of years from now, he will accidentally be uncovered by a more advanced civilisation. They will study him, use his DNA to create a virtually unstoppable army and go on to conquer the universe; all the while Odin and Loki are watching on, chortling away at the foolishness of mortals, wondering why Thor never reclamied his most valued posession from this stupid, stupid man.

Lmao.

Sin I AM
Assuming the enchantment is infinite (which this Must be proven) then certainly the durability of the hammer is not as its been broken many times. So your stance suggests that Mjolnir breaks before getting lifted.

No. And your train of thought seems to be too one dimensional to grasp my example. But i will try to explain one more time for shits and giggles. In the Sword and the Stone ( a myth telling of Authur becoming king) there was a saying that "whosoever pulls this sword from the stone is the rightful king of England". Men from all over and of great strength came to move the sword. All failed. Not because they werent strong enough but because "they" were not meant to move it. Mjolnir is just this times one million. If you're using solely strength to budge an object that requires a different method to lift it you're essentially failing. You're trying to force us to prove it's infinitely durable when durability has nothing to do with it. Your derailing the topic by arguing points that have zero bearing. Unless you have a scan of someone making it budge on strength alone i fail to see the purpose of this thread other than your normal day to day posts that only manage to ruffle feathers...

Time-Immemorial

This has vote for best post ever made.

abhilegend
Strength has nothing to do with lifting the hammer though. The enchantment is infinite in its own right. Look at it this way. When Excalibur was lodged in the stone no amount of force could move it. It had nothing to do with strength. People are thinking wayyyy to into this
What the ****?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by abhilegend
What the ****?

Problem?

carver9
I thought Thor moved exacliber.?

Sin I AM
I thought Thor moved exacliber.?

Not that Excalibur carver...the one from myth. The real shit..

abhilegend
Problem?

Apparently you don't know how to read comics? Since when is the enchantment on mjolnir infinite in power? Or how is a legend of Excalibur in real life relevant here?

Say pre-retcon Beyonder wants to lift the hammer? He can't, right?

Mindset
Apparently you don't know how to read comics? Since when is the enchantment on mjolnir infinite in power? Or how is a legend of Excalibur in real life relevant here?

Say pre-retcon Beyonder wants to lift the hammer? He can't, right? Beyonder is infinite + 1.

h1a8
No. And your train of thought seems to be too one dimensional to grasp my example. But i will try to explain one more time for shits and giggles. In the Sword and the Stone ( a myth telling of Authur becoming king) there was a saying that "whosoever pulls this sword from the stone is the rightful king of England". Men from all over and of great strength came to move the sword. All failed. Not because they werent strong enough but because "they" were not meant to move it. Mjolnir is just this times one million. If you're using solely strength to budge an object that requires a different method to lift it you're essentially failing. You're trying to force us to prove it's infinitely durable when durability has nothing to do with it. Your derailing the topic by arguing points that have zero bearing. Unless you have a scan of someone making it budge on strength alone i fail to see the purpose of this thread other than your normal day to day posts that only manage to ruffle feathers... You seem to not understand common sense. This this is about whether Mjolnir will be lifted or broken. If the enchantment keeps the hammer from being lifted then there is pressure on Mjolnir when it is attempted to be lifted. If the enchantment is strong enough and the lifting force is great enough then Mjolnir will break under the pressure. If you are arguing that Mjolnir will not be lifted then you must accept that it will get broken instead (while still not being lifted).

Your Excalibur analogy is faulty since the sword can be destroyed and broken with sufficient force. It can be snapped in half. If Mjolnir can't be lifted then it will be broken in the process.

Now if you are arguing that the enchantment will protect Mjolnir from being broken then this is a different story. Are you?

DarkSaint85
You seem to not understand common sense. This this is about whether Mjolnir will be lifted or broken. If the enchantment keeps the hammer from being lifted then there is pressure on Mjolnir when it is attempted to be lifted. If the enchantment is strong enough and the lifting force is great enough then Mjolnir will break under the pressure. If you are arguing that Mjolnir will not be lifted then you must accept that it will get broken instead (while still not being lifted).

Your Excalibur analogy is faulty since the sword can be destroyed and broken with sufficient force. It can be snapped in half. If Mjolnir can't be lifted then it will be broken in the process.

Now if you are arguing that the enchantment will protect Mjolnir from being broken then this is a different story. Are you?

But its magic.....why are you applying physics and scientific laws to it?

Time-Immemorial

Beyonder could lift it, or just make his own.

h1a8
My take is that the enchantment isn't infinite. Nothing is unless specified or shown by narration.

We also seen Thor lift Mjolnir an inch when he wasn't worthy. So there are various levels of worthiness.

Also the enchantment doesn't protect Mjolnir from being broken since Mjolnir has been broken many times.

So either Mjolnir is lifted instantly or it breaks instantly. These are the only options that exists.

For those who disagree and believe the hammer will not be lifted or broken with infinite force then you must explain how Mjolnir has been broken and you must also prove that the enchantment has infinite power.

h1a8
But its magic.....why are you applying physics and scientific laws to it? Magic is science. Just more sophisticated.

I'm applying logic actually. If Mjolnir resists infinite force then the enchantment is of infinite power.

And if you believe that the enchantment grants Mjolnir infinite durability (so that it won't get broken) then you are suggesting that Mjolnir is completely indestructible when it is lying on the ground.

Mindset
Magic is science.

h1a8
Originally posted by Mindset
... Well it is. The Causation proves it.

DarkSaint85
Magic is science. Just more sophisticated.

This isn't Arthur C Clarke hour.

Why are you applying logic to magic? The rules it follows are different.

Time-Immemorial

Why are you applying logic to magic? The rules it follows are different.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/158/329/9189283.jpg

Mindset
Well it is. The Causation proves it. No.

h1a8

Why are you applying logic to magic? The rules it follows are different. everything follows logic. Otherwise we couldn't debate about anything. Magic is logical. It makes sense in every way.

burrrrrr
Magic is science. Just more sophisticated.

I'm applying logic actually. If Mjolnir resists infinite force then the enchantment is of infinite power.

And if you believe that the enchantment grants Mjolnir infinite durability (so that it won't get broken) then you are suggesting that Mjolnir is completely indestructible when it is lying on the ground.

No, magic is not science or even logical...not in a comic book where the rules and logic within the story are always controlled and changed by the whim of forces (writers) outside of the story
It seems that, for the unworthy, the hammer ignores strength altogether for the purpose of lifting. Sufficiently powerful cosmic or magical beings like Odin or Molecule Man can certainly override the enchantment. A physically strong enough being could just crush the hammer as well. You're not going to get a perfectly logical explanation until one is created in story.

riv6672
Not that Excalibur carver...the one from myth. The real shit..
Myth. Real. KMC. Rules!

Sin I AM
You seem to not understand common sense. This this is about whether Mjolnir will be lifted or broken. If the enchantment keeps the hammer from being lifted then there is pressure on Mjolnir when it is attempted to be lifted. If the enchantment is strong enough and the lifting force is great enough then Mjolnir will break under the pressure. If you are arguing that Mjolnir will not be lifted then you must accept that it will get broken instead (while still not being lifted).

Maybe it was too subtle for u to grasp. My point is that mjolnir NEVER has been lifted by physical strength alone and never will. If ud care to prove otherwise im all ears

Sin I AM

If he is trying to lift it with STRENGTH alone then no he cannot. y are u going off topic

riv6672
Yeah this keeps going into areas that dont matter here. On pure strength, the hammer isnt moving.

Khazra Reborn
The handle snaps.

*drops mic*

jimbog92
This being with limitless strength will realize he/she can't lift it.Then thor will come pick it up, and hit them right in the ****ing face with it... **** this made up character.

h1a8
Originally posted by burrrrrr
No, magic is not science or even logical...not in a comic book where the rules and logic within the story are always controlled and changed by the whim of forces (writers) outside of the story
It seems that, for the unworthy, the hammer ignores strength altogether for the purpose of lifting. Sufficiently powerful cosmic or magical beings like Odin or Molecule Man can certainly override the enchantment. A physically strong enough being could just crush the hammer as well. You're not going to get a perfectly logical explanation until one is created in story.

Irrelevant!

To claim that Mjolnir can not be lifted due to a magical spell is valid. But to claim Mjolnir can't be broken with physical force is wrong. Mjolnir has been broken with pure physical force before. So either the character lifts it or just breaks Mjolnir without lifting it.

Sin I AM
Irrelevant!

To claim that Mjolnir can not be lifted due to a magical spell is valid. But to claim Mjolnir can't be broken with physical force is wrong. Mjolnir has been broken with pure physical force before. So either the character lifts it or just breaks Mjolnir without lifting it.

Scans?

h1a8
Yeah this keeps going into areas that dont matter here. On pure strength, the hammer isnt moving. Then the hammer breaks. Isn't this common sense?

h1a8
Scans? Scans of what?

Sin I AM
Scans of what?

Your imaginary character doing anything.

h1a8
Your imaginary character doing anything. All characters are imaginary. Why troll?

Sin I AM
All characters are imaginary. Why troll?

Soooo lemme get this straight. Your character has no limits to srrength..durability..he's immortal..has an indestructible platform..indestructible leverage etc. And u want him to attempt to lift mjolnir but only within your two preordained parameters? Which as it is goes against everything weve already witnessed because as u well know mjolnir has never been lifted by strength alone. Yet IM trolling?

Mindset
Soooo lemme get this straight. Your character has no limits to srrength..durability..he's immortal..has an indestructible platform..indestructible leverage etc. And u want him to attempt to lift mjolnir but only within your two preordained parameters? Which as it is goes against everything weve already witnessed because as u well know mjolnir has never been lifted by strength alone. Yet IM trolling? You are trolling.

Mjolnir not being lifted by this personification of a no limits fallacy is a no limits fallacy.

burrrrrr
You are trolling.

Mjolnir not being lifted by this personification of a no limits fallacy is a no limits fallacy.

laughing out loud

h1a8
Soooo lemme get this straight. Your character has no limits to srrength..durability..he's immortal..has an indestructible platform..indestructible leverage etc. And u want him to attempt to lift mjolnir but only within your two preordained parameters? Which as it is goes against everything weve already witnessed because as u well know mjolnir has never been lifted by strength alone. Yet IM trolling? If Mjolnir can't be lifted then it breaks. Just vote that it breaks. It's not hard.

Do you believe Mjolnir breaks?

h1a8
You are trolling.

Mjolnir not being lifted by this personification of a no limits fallacy is a no limits fallacy. Then you agree that Mjolnir breaks?

Mindset
Then you agree that Mjolnir breaks? I agree with everything you've ever said regarding comics.

h1a8
I agree with everything you've ever said regarding comics. Thank you. I appreciate it.

Mindset
Thank you. I appreciate it. No problem, man.

Time-Immemorial
I agree with everything you've ever said regarding comics.

Brown noser

Mindset
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Brown noser h1a8 doesn't poop.

He is an angel sent down from heaven to teach us about comics.

abhilegend
If he is trying to lift it with STRENGTH alone then no he cannot. y are u going off topic
Haha, what? So you are saying Odin is more powerful than Beyonder?

Sin I AM
If Mjolnir can't be lifted then it breaks. Just vote that it breaks. It's not hard.

Do you believe Mjolnir breaks?

I agree that you're a dumbass

Haha, what? So you are saying Odin is more powerful than Beyonder?

When did i say that? I said if beyonder tried lifting mjolnir with strength alone hed fail. Has mjolnir been lifted by strength alone? Stop being so coy abhi..if u wanna dance just ask stop beating around the bush

abhilegend

When did i say that? I said if beyonder tried lifting mjolnir with strength alone hed fail. Has mjolnir been lifted by strength alone? Stop being so coy abhi..if u wanna dance just ask stop beating around the bush
Why not? If Beyonder fails against Odin's power, that means Odin is more powerful than him.

You are simply not understanding how comics work.

meep-meep
h1a8 doesn't poop.

He must not eat then. H1 recieves nourishment from sunlight.

Sin I AM
Why not? If Beyonder fails against Odin's power, that means Odin is more powerful than him.

You are simply not understanding how comics work.

No you're over generalizing. I said if beyonder used just strength hed fail. Just like if odin used just strength hed fail. Take the other powere out of play

abhilegend
No you're over generalizing. I said if beyonder used just strength hed fail. Just like if odin used just strength hed fail. Take the other powere out of play
facepalm

Strength IS power too if you don't know.

So TOAA will fail too if he wants to lift mjolnir with just strength, right?

Sin I AM
facepalm

Strength IS power too if you don't know.

So TOAA will fail too if he wants to lift mjolnir with just strength, right?

Abhi look i like u..i really do. I know you're a flagrant fanboy and i respect that because atleast youre consistent. Atleast u back up ypur points with scans and whatnot (however out of context they may be). But if you want me to continue to talk to u like a man i will. If u want me to talk to u like a bitcch i can do that too. U know damn well what i mean. Has anyone EVER lifted mjolnir by using strength alone? No. Unless u can prove otherwise stop with the bs. Is toaa in this debate? No. It's hypothetical made up imaginary strong guy vs mjolnirs enchantment. It's on u to prove that it can be done. Hell if u can post a scan of someone budging mjolnir with solely strength id concede. Because atleast then youd have a basis for your argument.

Time-Immemorial
h1a8 doesn't poop.

laughing out loud

burrrrrr
Irrelevant!

Nowhere did I "claim Mjolnir can't be broken with physical force." I said, right in my post, that Mjolnir can be crushed. When I say the hammer ignores strength altogether, I'm suggesting that the upward lifting force that your unworthy hypothetical character is trying to exert is negated. Due to magic Mjolnir hasn't, to my knowledge, been lifted through pure brute force so it's reasonable to suggest that the hammer's enchantment bypasses strength altogether.

abhilegend
Abhi look i like u..i really do. I know you're a flagrant fanboy and i respect that because atleast youre consistent. Atleast u back up ypur points with scans and whatnot (however out of context they may be). But if you want me to continue to talk to u like a man i will. If u want me to talk to u like a bitcch i can do that too. U know damn well what i mean. Has anyone EVER lifted mjolnir by using strength alone? No. Unless u can prove otherwise stop with the bs. Is toaa in this debate? No. It's hypothetical made up imaginary strong guy vs mjolnirs enchantment. It's on u to prove that it can be done. Hell if u can post a scan of someone budging mjolnir with solely strength id concede. Because atleast then youd have a basis for your argument.
So your whole point is that since nobody has yet lifted it with strength, nobody can do it at all?

Well, no limit fallacy has a new fan in you I think.

Keep going though. This is just amusing at this point.

abhilegend
Nowhere did I "claim Mjolnir can't be broken with physical force." I said, right in my post, that Mjolnir can be crushed. When I say the hammer ignores strength altogether, I'm suggesting that the upward lifting force that your unworthy hypothetical character is trying to exert is negated. Due to magic Mjolnir hasn't, to my knowledge, been lifted through pure brute force so it's reasonable to suggest that the hammer's enchantment bypasses strength altogether.
laughing out loud

Who is the strongest being who failed to lift it?

riv6672
Superman.

burrrrrr

Well, no limit fallacy has a new fan in you I think.

So, what would you call "infinite strength"?

burrrrrr
laughing out loud

Who is the strongest being who failed to lift it?

Re-read my post and then re-think your question.

h1a8
Abhi look i like u..i really do. I know you're a flagrant fanboy and i respect that because atleast youre consistent. Atleast u back up ypur points with scans and whatnot (however out of context they may be). But if you want me to continue to talk to u like a man i will. If u want me to talk to u like a bitcch i can do that too. U know damn well what i mean. Has anyone EVER lifted mjolnir by using strength alone? No. Unless u can prove otherwise stop with the bs. Is toaa in this debate? No. It's hypothetical made up imaginary strong guy vs mjolnirs enchantment. It's on u to prove that it can be done. Hell if u can post a scan of someone budging mjolnir with solely strength id concede. Because atleast then youd have a basis for your argument. Thor budged it with strength alone in his trials.

h1a8

When did i say that? I said if beyonder tried lifting mjolnir with strength alone hed fail. Has mjolnir been lifted by strength alone? Stop being so coy abhi..if u wanna dance just ask stop beating around the bush Then how can I see the obvious when you can't? If Mjolnir can't be lifted by strength (no limits fallacy ) then it can be broken. This is easy to understand.

You are scared to say that Mjolnir both won't be lifted or broken because you would look like an ass when someone proves it can be broken.

The thread is simple. Mjolnir will be lifted or Mjolnir will be broken. You are changing the thread into Mjolnir will be lifted or Mjolnir will not be lifted.

h1a8
Re-read my post and then re-think your question.

The thread is simple. Mjolnir will be lifted or Mjolnir will be broken. You are changing the thread into Mjolnir will be lifted or Mjolnir will not be lifted.

burrrrrr

Using a basic sales tactic of trying to force readers to choose between 2 choices that are desirable to you doesn't automatically make either of your choices correct.

h1a8
Using a basic sales tactic of trying to force readers to choose between 2 choices that are desirable to you doesn't automatically make either of your choices correct.

Then you champion the argument that Mjolnir can't be lifted or broken (that's the third option).

But this option doesn't exist since we know Mjolnir can be broken by physical force.

So it leaves with only 2 options. The ones I named.

riv6672
You...just omitted lifting. From like, one sentence to the next. laughing

Prof. T.C McAbe
Oh my gosh, this is even discussed? Ok, I admit I don't bother to read the no limit fallacy nonsense I expect to see on the last pages. Obviously there are two fractions, one believes that Magic has no limits and everything else does and the others believe that Magic can be overcome with enough force, like Juggernauts instopabbility...

So let's put the no limits fallacy and it's supporters to the test.

LT decides to lift Mjolnir with physical strength alone, he creates an indestructible ground where it rests and he decides to be unworthy, now he amps his physical strength with all the Omniversal energy at his command to lift it.

a) Will he fail to lift it and destroy it?
b) Will he fail to lift and not even damage it?
c) Will he lift it?

Just curious.

Edit: The Enchantment was made by an being with limited powers, everything that can surprass this power, energy/strength/magic, should by all means be able to overcome this.

riv6672
You cant decide to be worthy/unworthy.
Good try, though.

Prof. T.C McAbe
You cant decide to be worthy/unworthy.
Good try, though.

LT can I would say, but let's assume he is not worthy.

What is your answer?

riv6672
I've already posted it. He gets bored and walks away.

Prof. T.C McAbe
I've already posted it. He gets bored and walks away.

So LT fails against the Enchantment even if he amps his strength with the Energies of Megaverses? Ok, if that's your stance, the Enchantment of a Skyfather >>>>>> Omniversal energies, more power to you.

riv6672
Thats the beauty of the enchantment, insofar as brute strength is concerned.

It isnt outmuscling the would be wielder, its using the nature of the wielder as a power source. If the wielder isnt worthy, strength wont matter.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Thats the beauty of the enchantment, insofar as brute strength is concerned.

It isnt outmuscling the would be wielder, its using the nature of the wielder as a power source. If the wielder isnt worthy, strength wont matter.

I disagree with your assumption but to each his own. ^^

riv6672
No worries. thumb up

Magnon
I guess Juggernaut is unlimitedly unstoppable, then. After all, he has the enchantment of unstoppability. In a tug-of-war vs. every single version of Hulk (including WBH) simultaneously, Juggernaut would still win (assuming the rope was unbreakable). And you could add Zeus, Galactus, the entire race of Celestials, and the Living Tribunal to the other end, but the Juggernaut would still win no matter how much the team amped their strength levels. As long as they are only using physical strength Juggernaut would stomp them all.

riv6672
Thats cute. smile

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Magnon
I guess Juggernaut is unlimitedly unstoppable, then. After all, he has the enchantment of unstoppability. In a tug-of-war vs. every single version of Hulk (including WBH) simultaneously, Juggernaut would still win (assuming the rope was unbreakable). And you could add Zeus, Galactus, the entire race of Celestials, and the Living Tribunal to the other end, but the Juggernaut would still win no matter how much the team amped their strength levels. As long as they are only using physical strength Juggernaut would stomp them all.

Pretty much. thumb up Magic >>>> everything else.

riv6672
Sore losers.

Magnon
Sore losers.
What? You've just argued that Juggernaut is truly unstoppable, shouldn't you be proud of your accomplishment instead of resorting to childish yapping?

celeyhyga17
Mjolnir enchant seems limitless... "Seems"... I wouldn't be surprised if an uber powerful character way beyond herald level can overpower it. And no.. Hulk and Superman will not be able to lift it in a comic book unless they are worthy for a time.
I'm certainly not going to assign a no limits fallacy.

h1a8
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Mjolnir enchant seems limitless... "Seems"... I wouldn't be surprised if an uber powerful character way beyond herald level can overpower it. And no.. Hulk and Superman will not be able to lift it in a comic book unless they are worthy for a time. I agree with you. A very rational and unbiased post. Congrats

celeyhyga17
I agree with you. A very rational and unbiased post. Congrats
thumb up

Glad we agree that High End Thor beats HP DD.. You know... No limits fallacy and all.

Congrats.

carver9
Mjolnir enchant seems limitless... "Seems"... I wouldn't be surprised if an uber powerful character way beyond herald level can overpower it. And no.. Hulk and Superman will not be able to lift it in a comic book unless they are worthy for a time.
I'm certainly not going to assign a no limits fallacy.

This is why H1 is hurting in the inside...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/9/91339/2648848-superman_mjolnir.jpg

h1a8

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/9/91339/2648848-superman_mjolnir.jpg I have no problem with Superman not being able to physically overpower the enchantment. But I do have a problem with him not being worthy while Captain America is.

h1a8
thumb up

Glad we agree that High End Thor beats HP DD.. You know... No limits fallacy and all.

Congrats. Lol I'm don't agree with that. I say that fight is spite in favor of DD.

celeyhyga17

laughing out loud

Why do you keep tempting the mods for a ban?

celeyhyga17
Lol I'm don't agree with that. I say that fight is spite in favor of DD.
His high end output exceeds hp dd.

-Pr-
I have no problem with Superman not being able to physically overpower the enchantment. But I do have a problem with him not being worthy while Captain America is.

Why?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by -Pr-
Why?

Because his dream journal says so.

h1a8
Why? Because he is a boyscount. He has all the traits Cap does.
Eric Masterson was even able to lift Mjolnir. What does he have that Superman doesn't? I could be wrong as I kinda feel. So I don't mind and education right now.

h1a8
His high end output exceeds hp dd. No it doesn't. DD tanked a power beyond any output Thor has ever done in comics. I can prove it.

StiltmanFTW
I have no problem with Superman not being able to physically overpower the enchantment. But I do have a problem with him not being worthy while Captain America is.

1) Cap is more worthy than Superman, imho.

2) Read what Thor says - "in desperate hours". Both times Steve lifted it, hours were indeed desperate stick out tongue

celeyhyga17
No it doesn't. DD tanked a power beyond any output Thor has ever done in comics. I can prove it.
Sure go ahead. Use the other thread.

-Pr-
Because he is a boyscount. He has all the traits Cap does.
Eric Masterson was even able to lift Mjolnir. What does he have that Superman doesn't? I could be wrong as I kinda feel. So I don't mind and education right now.

Cap is a warrior/soldier. Superman isn't.

Sin I AM
Cap is a warrior/soldier. Superman isn't.

this

Silent Master

Why do you have a problem with Cap being more worthy?

h1a8
Cap is a warrior/soldier. Superman isn't. Superman is a warrior. He knows MA and has many years of fighting experience . Didn't him and WW fight for thousands of years together when they were trapped in another dimension or something? Eric masterson, a non warrior lifted Mjolnir, to help Thor. He was found worthy because of his selflessness. He even took a blast that was meant for Thor. I think Superman would have done the same thing. It's really all about writers (which are inconsistent with each other). There is no set rule.

DarkSaint85
Superman is a warrior. He knows MA and has many years of fighting experience . Didn't him and WW fight for thousands of years together when they were trapped in another dimension or something? Eric masterson, a non warrior lifted Mjolnir, to help Thor. He was found worthy because of his selflessness. He even took a blast that was meant for Thor. I think Superman would have done the same thing. It's really all about writers (which are inconsistent with each other). There is no set rule.

It's the mindset, not the knowledge. Superman has the training, but if he could help it, he would rather have a peaceful solution.

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
Why do you have a problem with Cap being more worthy? more worthy or worthy? I feel Superman has the exact same traits. He just doesn't fight as good.

DarkSaint85
He just doesn't fight as good.

LoE8ZgzaX7A

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>