Darth Sidious is not invincible

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Jensaarai, Reti, and Evannova host a roundtable discussion on why Sidious is overrated and sucks. What are your thoughts on their commentary and 2 hours of deep insight on Sheev's mediocrity?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nuXGOO1uKo

carthage
"his dueling skills are pathetic"
thumb up

|King Joker|
Did they really say that? LOL.

carthage
They also said Darth Nihilus has better physicals.

Trocity
"Guys... Dooku is a better lightsaber duelist than Palpatine by a significant margin" LMFAO.

Everything they say is a train wreck.

Sinious
I just hope these guys are trolling people and don't actually believe what they say.

AncientPower
I wish I had the faith in humanity to believe they are trolling.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by carthage
"his dueling skills are pathetic"
thumb up

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9mucrxQ311r1sleg.gif

Beniboybling
"Palpatine's never going to win in a combative scenario by physical force, it's just not going to happen."

no expression

Q99
His performance against the council members sent against him, and Maul, and Savage- who he literally beat while looking the other way, says otherwise.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Q99
His performance against the council members sent against him, and Maul, and Savage- who he literally beat while looking the other way, says otherwise.

I'm guessing they're not counting the Movies or TCW.

NewGuy01
Makes sense; Jen in particular openly denies that TCW even exists.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Beniboybling
"Palpatine's never going to win in a combative scenario by physical force, it's just not going to happen."

no expression

Yes, the guy who held off Savage Oppress with one hand isn't gonna win with physical force.

Oh wait how did Savage die again???? Didn't Sidious stun him with a kick or something??? Nah, that never happened.

Beniboybling
"TCW retconned Ventress, it doesn't exist. Trolololol."

Nephthys
"My problem isn't with the speed itself, it's the disparity between his and theirs. I don't care how powerful Sidious is, there is no way he could move faster than these veteran Jedi Masters could react. I'm not saying they had any chance of surviving, it just wouldn't have been a split second defeat is all."

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Spongebob-and-Patrick-Laughing.gif

Darth Thor

The butthurt sounds really funny. I'll give it a listen later just for that.

Nargaroth

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/035d6QfOD0g/hqdefault.jpg

S_W_LeGenD
I am sympathetic to the topic but participants ruined it with idiotic statements. There are better ways to demonstrate why Darth Sidious is over-hyped beyond measure at times.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Darth Thor
The butthurt sounds really funny. I'll give it a listen later just for that. Nah he doesn't say that here, he has elsewhere though.

Sinious
Originally posted by AncientPower
I wish I had the faith in humanity to believe they are trolling. I have to believe that to keep my faith tbh. No one should be born this stupid.

Nephthys
I'm near the end and they're stating that Obi-Wan, Plo Koon or Shaak Ti could solo contend with Sidious and that if they were with Windu, he'd have been annihilated cuz "it doesn't matter who he attacks, he's getting stonewalled."

Anakin is also a tier below these guys as well.

Satele is a good fight for Sidious and Ommin is a better fight for him than Exar Kun.

Q99
As the big, 'multi on one is a big advantage for the multi' person here, someone who has handled some of the roughest multi-on-one matchups and came out looking good impresses me.

Slash_KMC
I believe that if Sidious was nicer to the people in the Star Wars Universe, that people there would like him more and not think he's such a meanie.

cs_zoltan
I never took Jensaarai seriously, glad I don't have to change my mind now.

Nephthys
"Yeah Sidious beat Maul but Maul.... Maul is not a tier 2 council member duelist! He just isn't! We know this! He can't beat Obi-Wan, he can't beat Plo Koon, he can't beat Shaak Ti. No chance. No chance..... Maul is laughable compared to Jaina, he's a JOKE compared to Krayt and all these other people who can contend with them!"

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nephthys
"Yeah Sidious beat Maul but Maul.... Maul is not a tier 2 council member duelist! He just isn't! We know this! He can't beat Obi-Wan, he can't beat Plo Koon, he can't beat Shaak Ti. No chance. No chance..... Maul is laughable compared to Jaina, he's a JOKE compared to Krayt!" While Maul isn't laughable compared to Jaina, he would find out very quickly that he was outmatched.

Q99
"Yeah Sidious beat Maul but Maul.... Maul is not a tier 2 council member duelist! He just isn't! We know this! He can't beat Obi-Wan, he can't beat Plo Koon, he can't beat Shaak Ti. No chance. No chance..... Maul is laughable compared to Jaina, he's a JOKE compared to Krayt and all these other people who can contend with them!"

He can't beat Kenobi, but he can sure as heck give Kenobi a very good fight, in a way that, once reduced to one-on-one, he couldn't against Sidious.

Nephthys
I'd say Maul can beat Kenobi, personally. He's very comparable in skill, imo more skilled, he's more powerful, he's strong, fast etc. He just screws himself a bit in his tactics, his personality gets in the way and his style clashes with Obi-Wan's a lot. Obi-Wan gets the upper hand despite being basically inferior. Maul should take a near equal number of wins imo.

|King Joker|
I'm near the end and they're stating that Obi-Wan, Plo Koon or Shaak Ti could solo contend with Sidious and that if they were with Windu, he'd have been annihilated cuz "it doesn't matter who he attacks, he's getting stonewalled."

Anakin is also a tier below these guys as well.

Satele is a good fight for Sidious and Ommin is a better fight for him than Exar Kun. Holy ****ing shit LOL

NewGuy01

Oh my god lol.

|King Joker|
Was that Reti4 or Jen?

Nephthys
It was pretty much all of them. Nova and Jen mostly.

You know who else is a better duelist than Sidious? Savage Oppress.

Another Gem: "If your able to contend with Sidious' Force power, any mid-tier council member can defeat him!" - Evannova.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Was that Reti4 or Jen?

I don't know about you, but i read that in Jen's voice.

Honestly the amount of ridiculousness from Jensaarai is unsurprising, especially considering how he's a mod(?) on Wookieepedia, he obviously goes by the descriptions there and ignores everything else.

If anything's laughable, it's him as debater.

Darth Thor
Started watching it. Funny how they all laughed their heads off when addressing the topic of Palpatine's physicality.

Also apparently being more powerful has little to do with winning a fight.

Sinious
The stuff Neph shared in this thread was horrifying tbh.

ares834
2 and a half hours... Jesus christ.

"My problem isn't with the speed itself, it's the disparity between his and theirs. I don't care how powerful Sidious is, there is no way he could move faster than these veteran Jedi Masters could react. I'm not saying they had any chance of surviving, it just wouldn't have been a split second defeat is all."

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Spongebob-and-Patrick-Laughing.gif

Can't disagree with them there. I've always hated that, these guys are Jedi Masters they should be able to but up some kind of fight and not come across as talentless fools. Not to mention it would make the duel a whole lot more exiting.

Pyron_Knight
I haven't heard many good things about TCW anyway.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ares834
2 and a half hours... Jesus christ.

Can't disagree with them there. I've always hated that, these guys are Jedi Masters they should be able to but up some kind of fight and not come across as talentless fools. Not to mention it would make the duel a whole lot more exiting.

Hey, I agree it was shitty but saying that theres no way Sidious *could* do that is dumb.

Emperordmb
When I saw the title of the video, I had some hope for it. When I started watching the video... no.

Nephthys
Yeah, there is some merit to what they're saying. Sidious isn't perfect and there are flaws he possesses. They make a few small points that I agreed with.

Mostly they're just shitting on him tho.

Sinious
Sidious isn't perfect and there are flaws he possesses. Sidious uses Force Perfection to make up for his natural flaws though. thumb up

The_Tempest
this is really a topic you guys think deserves a video?? lol

carthage
Originally posted by The_Tempest

Why post here then if you think it's unworthy you sock?

Darth Thor

It's an entertaining video.

And funny these guys represent themselves as some kind of Star Wars scholars.

cs_zoltan
Best comedy in a while ngl.

Jmanghan
Why post here then if you think it's unworthy you sock? -Calls someone a sock-

-Hasn't been here as long as them-

****ING BRILLIANT, MATE!

carthage
The sock in question is a scumbag and drug dealer named Gideon. He hates this forum and harasses everyone. Report him thumb up

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Best comedy in a while ngl.
*dusts off classic jokes from the 1500s*

You need a new mirror, broski.

quanchi112
The sock in question is a scumbag and drug dealer named Gideon. He hates this forum and harasses everyone. Report him thumb up Why do you accuse him of being a drug dealer ? That's a pretty offensive and bold claim.

Pyron_Knight
Gideon? I was wondering why he was banned. He and Lightsnake were my bros while I posted here. Lighty only posts on TVTropes now as far as I know.

Well they were "bros" insofar as they tended to have the best arguments of anyone who posted at the time. Them and Advent.

|King Joker|
Is Advent dead?

Pyron_Knight
I hope not. She was awesome.

carthage
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Gideon? I was wondering why he was banned. He and Lightsnake were my bros while I posted here. Lighty only posts on TVTropes now as far as I know.

Well they were "bros" insofar as they tended to have the best arguments of anyone who posted at the time. Them and Advent.

Lil bitchiness and others intercepted messages of him conducting deals for illicit substances. He spent a few years in prison for it too iirc

quanchi112
Lil bitchiness and others intercepted messages of him conducting deals for illicit substances. He spent a few years in prison for it too iirc Whether it's true or not that's a pretty vile thing to post about a person on a message board.

Darth Thor
Lil bitchiness and others intercepted messages of him conducting deals for illicit substances. He spent a few years in prison for it too iirc

LOL

The_Tempest
How else would I know all about thug lyfe if not for a stint in the pen?

Fated Xtasy
How else would I know all about thug lyfe if not for a stint in the pen?

Same way other wannabe thugs know about the lyfe.

Straight oughta Compton.

stick out tongue

SunRazer
Seriously? They think he has trouble with Plo Koon?

They literally anal Plo's face mask, lol.

Nephthys
It's around 1:53:30 into the video. They start talking about Kenobi, Shaak Ti and Plo Koon being good fights for Sidious. Those 3 together would beat him.

Darth Thor
^ Not to defend them or anything, but just to be fair I believe they said if those 3 accompanied Mace they would have destroyed Sidious without any of the Jedi dying. And that any 1 of them plus Mace would defeat Sidious.

And they did say Sidious would defeat any of those 3 in Saber combat due to his superior speed and power. They only put Sidious below them in fencing "skill" IIRC.

Yes I wasted time listening to them. Was just interested how fans can read so much Star Wars material and come to the daftest conclusions.

chilled monkey
Yes, the guy who held off Savage Oppress with one hand isn't gonna win with physical force.

Oh wait how did Savage die again???? Didn't Sidious stun him with a kick or something??? Nah, that never happened.

Originally posted by Q99

You do realise, don't you, that all that stuff was done through Force Enhancement?

The point they were making was that WITHOUT Force Enhancement, Palpatine can't win with physical force. Suppose there were a bunch of ysalamiri in that chamber. Do you really think Palpatine could stun Oppress with a kick then?

Also apparently being more powerful has little to do with winning a fight.

It doesn't. Skill, cunning and brains win fights and will usually beat someone "more powerful."

Goliath was "more powerful" than David. Look at how that worked out.

quanchi112
Without force enhancement he's a geriatric.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by chilled monkey
You do realise, don't you, that all that stuff was done through Force Enhancement?

The point they were making was that WITHOUT Force Enhancement, Palpatine can't win with physical force.

Issue is, that applies to every single Jedi. Without the Force, they're just muggles who can't even wield their own weapons properly.

Then it's a good thing Palpatine possesses more skill, cunning, and power than just about anyone.

carthage
Has anyone actually gone through the entire video other than Neph?

EmperorSidious2

Me and it was sick

Aurbere

I did when I was bored. It was pretty meh, to be perfectly honest.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Aurbere
I did when I was bored. It was pretty meh, to be perfectly honest.

They had some good points under 3 tons of idiotic bias.

Fated Xtasy
They had some good points under 3 tons of idiotic bias.

Isn't that always the case for these guys? Save Antoine.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Issue is, that applies to every single Jedi. Without the Force, they're just muggles who can't even wield their own weapons properly.

Ulik Qel-Droma?

TheNuisanceBird

Yep. I agree with what they said about Sidious's martial art skill to some degree, but their assessment of the Mace Vs Sidious fight killed me. Also, Anakin below Kenobi, Plo and Ti? Still can't believe Jensaaurai saying Dooku isn't top tier.

Emperordmb
Maul beneath Plo Koon is some BS as well LOL

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Maul beneath Plo Koon is some BS as well LOL Dude, Maul can't even beat Kenobi, LOL. How do you expect him to take down Plo Koon? You're ridiculous if you think Maul is capable of such a feat.

Emperordmb
If Plo hadn't turned his head to warn that guy, he could've soloed Savage and Maul at once tbh

|King Joker|
If Plo hadn't turned his head to warn that guy, he could've soloed Savage and Maul at once tbh Savage is a dumb brute with virtually no skill, and Maul is just ill-equipped to deal with a high-tier Jedi (Plo Koon).

TheNuisanceBird
Savage is a dumb brute with virtually no skill, and Maul is just ill-equipped to deal with a high-tier Jedi (Plo Koon).

He takes definitely takes physicality against Plo. Koon takes Force. Not sure about dueling.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Ulik Qel-Droma?

Ulic* Quel*

The difference in his case is that he's had decades to adjust to his loss of the Force; other Jedi would be less fortunate if stripped of it. Even then, while he is capable with one, he still probably lacked the capacity to wield it properly. He certainly had no chance at besting Sylvar.

|King Joker|
Quel?

Trocity
You have quelled him.

chilled monkey

I did and it was MAGNIFICENT! Intelligent, entertaining and thought-provoking. Everything they said was absolutely right.

The idiot fanboys should try turning their brains on for a change and watching that video. They'd learn a lot. Yes it's long but its definitely worth it.

Issue is, that applies to every single Jedi.

No it doesn't, seeing as the vast majority of Jedi are highly trained athletes and fighters. Even the older ones are usually in excellent shape. When Han Solo planned to use ysalamiri against Kueller, Mara Jade specifically warned him not to assume it would be an automatic win.

Palpatine by contrast is not only elderly but hasn't exercised in years.

Then it's a good thing Palpatine possesses more skill, cunning, and power than just about anyone.

Nope. More power and cunning maybe, but definitely not more skill. They explained that very clearly in the video. Watch it, you'll learn a lot.

Trocity
You might legitimately be retarded.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Trocity

DarthAnt66

NewGuy01
No level of natural athletics can compare to the enhancements the Force provides whatsoever, nor does any human naturally possess the physical ability to properly perform the sophisticated sequences of Jedi combat. Without the force they also lack their predictive abilities and heightened senses in general. All in all, a Jedi without the force trying to engage in lightsaber combat is pretty dangerous. To himself, mostly.

The closest case of it actually being possible is someone who doesn't practice physically impossible Jedi styles, has trained in using a lightsaber for decades without the force, and supplements himself with technology and additional weaponry; that's Pre-Vizsla. Even then, he can't best Ahsoka or Maul because he lacks the Force. Had Ahsoka or Maul lost their ability to use the Force, they wouldn't have even been a match for him; because they're reliant on the sensory aid of the Force. Not to mention how much of their arsenal would taken away by their physical incapability to perform the stunts that they do with the Force's aid.

Without the Force, the vast majority of Jedi are all but disarmed. Sure, they're still better off than most muggles, but the same can be said of Sidious--for a man of his years, at least.

ares834

DarthAnt66
Can someone give CM the quote that says Palpatine is a master of every weapon/style/sequence/whatever?

Emperordmb
I think they're right on Sheev's raw unaugmented physicality tbh.

They're hilariously wrong on his skill though. He's confirmed in numerous sources to be a master of lightsaber combat, a master of every form of lightsaber combat, etc. But they dismiss it because it's just too "unrealistic" for Sheev to have developed those skills and maintained them without practice. Darth Plagueis's training was ****ing intense, so yeah it makes sense for him to have developed those skills. As far as maintaining them goes, he's a ****ing Sith Lord. These people can do crazy mind related shit with the Force. ****in POD Bane was sifting through a Rancor's memories like it was nothing. I find it difficult to believe that the most powerful Sith ever can't hold knowledge of lightsaber combat in his mind despite a lack of practice.

NewGuy01
"Sidious is a master of every weapon and every style." -NG

DarthAnt66
thumb up And IIRC these as well:

"Sidious has a style that's constantly changing, but in a way
that you'll never get the better of him. The style is ambigious
- he'll fight less than you and draw you in. You're a sucker if
you think you're going to better him."

"Sidious' abilities are beyond anything we've experienced."

"Palpatine is ambidextrous with his saber. He's THAT good."

quanchi112
I can't wait to humble this geriatric. smile

DarthAnt66
I'll be using that quote in particular in our debate, broski.

thumb up

Emperordmb
Which debate?

NewGuy01
The one that's not gonna happen.

FreshestSlice
They explained that very clearly in the video. Watch it, you'll learn a lot.
This is the face of leukemia.

quanchi112
The one that's not gonna happen. Ye of little faith. I'll burn the Internet to ashes to destroy your vaunted dark lord of the Sith to the superior Khan Noonien Singh. If you people thought Darth Ant is relentless wait until you get a load of me.

|King Joker|
Yeah quanchi will literally go on for eternity

Emperordmb
You can't get rid of him... he's like herpes... not the bad kind though...

NewGuy01
Originally posted by quanchi112
Ye of little faith. I'll burn the Internet to ashes to destroy your vaunted dark lord of the Sith to the superior Khan Noonien Singh. If you people thought Darth Ant is relentless wait until you get a load of me.

Nice speech, but it has nothing to do with what I said.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Isn't that always the case for these guys? Save Antoine.

I didn't know two of them. I saw Jensaarai's Yoda vs Vader video though and haven't taken him seriously since. Youtubers are prone to overthink things though...

Might?

chilled monkey

See, this is why Jensaarai1 and co. are geniuses. They actually THINK! They use imagination, common sense and logic. They read between the lines. You idiot fanboys by contrast read one quote and immediately stop thinking. I guess it's too hard for you.

Yes Palpatine was "a master of every weapon and every style." Doesn't change the fact that he hasn't practised in decades. He's not a lightsabre enthusiast and even if he was he didn't have time to train and couldn't practise as he had to maintain his cover. Yes he trained Maul but that was before he even became a senator. Even then Palpatine wasn't really pushing himself.

This is just common sense. A "master" who doesn't train for decades will get rusty. Before anyone points to Ulic Qel-Droma, he was merely blocking Sylvar's attacks and giving ground, not trying to strike back or actually kill her. That's not unfeasible.

Likewise Cin Dralig was also "a master of every weapon and every style." Anakin still beat him with ease. "A master of every weapon and every style" is open to interpretation. Really it just means you know how to do the moves, not NECCESSARILY that you're good at applying them in combat. Dooku comments on this in "Labyrinth of Evil."

Just watch Palpatine in combat. They point out in the video that in his fight against the Zabrak brothers he does a ton of sloppy moves that only work because of Force augmentation. Likewise Kit Fisto, a guy who isn't as fast or as powerful as Palpatine and who uses a style that's weak in single combat against skilled Force-users, was still able to block a few strikes.

Again, THINK. Don't just ignore logic and common sense because of some quote.

Originally posted by cs zoltan
I didn't know two of them. I saw Jensaarai's Yoda vs Vader video though and haven't taken him seriously since.

Well that's dumb. A guy makes ONE bad call about one specific thing so you dismiss EVERYTHING else he says. Yeah, really dumb.

Plus in his more recent "Yoda vs. Darth Malak" video he apologises for the "Yoda vs Vader" one, admits that he let personal bias cloud his judgement and then gives a much more accurate assessment of Yoda's capabilities.

ILS
That you take longer to come to the wrong conclusion than it takes most to come to the right one only makes your analysis inferior.

Sinious
Sidious is the peak of RoT, an order that asks you to be really good at everything and that includes dueling. He is simply that good. thumb up

Trocity
Plus in his more recent "Yoda vs. Darth Malak" video he apologises for the "Yoda vs Vader" one, admits that he let personal bias cloud his judgement and then.........

.......goes on to say Malak is the better duelist.

quanchi112
Nice speech, but it has nothing to do with what I said. Why won't it happen ? Do you believe Darth ant won't face me like Nai refused.

Darth Thor
"A master of every weapon and every style" is open to interpretation. Really it just means you know how to do the moves, not NECCESSARILY that you're good at applying them in combat. Dooku comments on this in "Labyrinth of Evil."

A "Master" won't just know the moves theoretically. He will be able to apply them as well.

Just watch Palpatine in combat. They point out in the video that in his fight against the Zabrak brothers he does a ton of sloppy moves that only work because of Force augmentation.

So their evidence that Palpatine lacks any real combat skill comes from the same fight where all 3 of them agreed Palpatine was clearly "Toying" with his opponents?

Likewise Kit Fisto, a guy who isn't as fast or as powerful as Palpatine and who uses a style that's weak in single combat against skilled Force-users, was still able to block a few strikes.

Perhaps because he was aided by Mace Windu. And still didn't last more than a few seconds.

Again, THINK. Don't just ignore logic and common sense because of some quote.

Quotes are evidence. Speculation is not. Saying that "he couldn't have kept up his Saber skills" is speculation.

Speculation is fine for discussion purposes, but shouldn't be presented as fact which is what these guys are doing.

chilled monkey
.......goes on to say Malak is the better duelist.

Gordon Bennet, pay attention to what he actually says.

He states that he sees Malak as the overall superior duellist (and that's important. He admits that's just what he thinks, he doesn't state it as fact) because Malak created a unique composite fighting style, something Yoda did not achieve. He mastered all the Forms but he didn't blend or integrate them, just switched between them as needed. It's the whole "technicalities vs practical applications."

In an actual duel he states very clearly that Yoda would win in terms of swordsmanship.

So their evidence that Palpatine lacks any real combat skill comes from the same fight where all 3 of them agreed Palpatine was clearly "Toying" with his opponents?

Clearly you haven't even watched the video.

They NEVER claimed that "Palpatine lacks any real combat skill." They acknowledged that he's a master-level duellist, they simply point out that he's not the most skilled duellist ever (which he isn't) and that he's not invincible (which he isn't).

Also, he was toying with Maul and Savage because if he'd wanted to he could have just sliced them up via blinding speed, not overwhelming skill. Again, notice the sloppy moves he uses, moves that would get him killed if he didn't have Force Enhanced speed and strength.

To put it another way Palpatine is like Deadpool or Logan from Marvel comics. He has a high level of fighting skill, he just doesn't always use it because his other powers mean he doesn't need to and this has led him to develop some bad habits.

Saying that "he couldn't have kept up his Saber skills" is speculation.

No it's fact.

Tell me, when could Palpatine have found the time to train, given that he's masterminding both sides in a galactic war? Even if he could find time who's he going to train against that can really challenge him?

Darth Thor

Clearly you haven't even watched the video.

Unfortunately I did waste my time with the video. But to be fair they raised the odd good point, and it was semi-entertaining.

In fact I'm sure they're just Trolling to get more hits.

They NEVER claimed that "Palpatine lacks any real combat skill." They acknowledged that he's a master-level duellist, they simply point out that he's not the most skilled duellist ever (which he isn't) and that he's not invincible (which he isn't).

Actually they were back and forth with it. They would acknowledge the "master" part at times, then say he sucks at other times, and that "The Only Reason" he can contend with the best is due to his immense speed and power.

Also, he was toying with Maul and Savage because if he'd wanted to he could have just sliced them up via blinding speed, not overwhelming skill. Again, notice the sloppy moves he uses, moves that would get him killed if he didn't have Force Enhanced speed and strength.

LOL If he was Completely Toying with them, then why use that as evidence for "sloppy moves". Do you not see how contradictory that is? Because if he's toying, then you can't rely on him giving them his best moves.

No it's fact.

Tell me, when could Palpatine have found the time to train, given that he's masterminding both sides in a galactic war? Even if he could find time who's he going to train against that can really challenge him?

The fact that you're asking questions shows it is speculation. A question isn't a fact.

cs_zoltan
Gordon Bennet, pay attention to what he actually says.

He states that he sees Malak as the overall superior duellist (and that's important. He admits that's just what he thinks, he doesn't state it as fact) because Malak created a unique composite fighting style, something Yoda did not achieve. He mastered all the Forms but he didn't blend or integrate them, just switched between them as needed. It's the whole "technicalities vs practical applications."

In an actual duel he states very clearly that Yoda would win in terms of swordsmanship.

Which is total bullshit. Using a hybrid style doesn't make one better in any shape or form.

Yeah right, they said he is like Adi Gallia level...

chilled monkey
Unfortunately I did waste my time with the video. But to be fair they raised the odd good point, and it was semi-entertaining.

In fact I'm sure they're just Trolling to get more hits.

Doubtful seeing as everything they said made perfect sense and adds up. If it was "just trolling" then it wouldn't be so well thought-out and consistent.

Actually they were back and forth with it. They would acknowledge the "master" part at times, then say he sucks at other times, and that "The Only Reason" he can contend with the best is due to his immense speed and power.

People exaggerate and use hyperbole sometimes. When they say he sucks they're clearly exaggerating.

LOL If he was Completely Toying with them, then why use that as evidence for "sloppy moves". Do you not see how contradictory that is? Because if he's toying, then you can't rely on his giving them him best moves.

Because its consistent with his other fights. If that was the only instance of sloppiness then you might have a point, but the same thing happens against Yoda and against Mace & Kit. That shows a pattern and that means a habit.

The fact that you're asking questions shows it is speculation. A question isn't a fact.

Have you never heard of a rhetorical question?

Okay then, I'll give you the facts.

Fact: Palpatine didn't have any real time to practise his fighting skills as he was far too busy.

Fact: There was no one he could train against even if he had time.

There we go.

|King Joker|
Do you drink their sperm?

FreshestSlice
Why would he do that when he has plenty of his own after the video's done?

|King Joker|
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Why would he do that when he has plenty of his own after the video's done? Chilled Monkey wants the sperm of his deities more than his own I'd assume (though I'm sure his own ejaculate serves as a snack until the real meal comescums)

FreshestSlice
He's never be worthy of it tho. Give any mid-tier wanker his level of fanboyism and they'd out jack him easily, having semen by the truck-load. His fluffing is mediocre at best.

Darth Thor

Because its consistent with his other fights. If that was the only instance of sloppiness then you might have a point, but the same thing happens against Yoda and against Mace & Kit. That shows a pattern and that means a habit.

If we go by the ROTS Choreography then Mace Windu sucks as well. They even pointed that out in their video, that we can't take the movie fights completely at face value otherwise Mace Windu and Darth Sidious both clearly suck as Swordsmen.

Fact: Palpatine didn't have any real time to practise his fighting skills as he was far too busy.

No that's speculation.

He could have easily found time say once every few months, which might have been all he needed to maintain his skill set.

The Anti-Sidious movement have been claiming this for years, that Palpatine never once touched his Saber or fought anyone since TPM. And then in the last 2 years we've seen he fought against Maul, Savage, Talzin, and Yoda (in the illusion which I'm guessing worked same as real world in terms of combat moves) during TCW.

So we don't know how often he fought/trained at all. It's all speculation. The only facts are Canonical Quotes and Feats.

Seemed to work fine for Vader.

NewGuy01
Honestly the most disgusting assertion in the entire video is the idea that Shaak Ti and Plo Koon eclipse Maul as a duelist.

chilled monkey
Do you drink their sperm?

No, I am not worthy.

Also the fact that you can't come up with an actual counter-argument says it all.

Originally posted by cs zoltan
Which is total bullshit. Using a hybrid style doesn't make one better in any shape or form.

That's your opinion. Jensaarai1 feels differently. He believes that an innovator who creates their own fighting form is more worthy of respect than one who simply sticks to the standard. In his eyes the first elevates the practise while the second just maintains the status quo.

What matters is that he acknowledged that was just his opinion, he did not state it as a fact. More importantly he didn't let it influence his judgement on the actual outcome as he stated Yoda would win a lightsabre duel against Malak.

quanchi112
No, I am not worthy.

Also the fact that you can't come up with an actual counter-argument says it all. thumb up

Darth Thor
Honestly the most disgusting assertion in the entire video is the idea that Shaak Ti and Plo Koon eclipse Maul as a duelist.

You think that's worse than them being above Anakin?

|King Joker|
Also the fact that you can't come up with an actual counter-argument says it all. It's more the fact that I can't read your posts without losing brain cells and wishing death upon the human race that makes me not interested in taking the time to counter your cluster**** of an argument.

NewGuy01
You think that's worse than them being above Anakin?

I was going to mention him too, but I only recalled that after the 15 min. editing period was over.

NewGuy01
The ironic part is that Sidious is one of the best examples of this in the mythos.

Nephthys

It's bullshit because Malak didn't canonically do that. They decided that's what he did by looking at his gameplay animations, lol. It's something they entirely fabricated.

McP
Those noobs should be banned from YT ;/

EmperorSidious2
I did and it was MAGNIFICENT! Intelligent, entertaining and thought-provoking. Everything they said was absolutely right.

The idiot fanboys should try turning their brains on for a change and watching that video. They'd learn a lot. Yes it's long but its definitely worth it.

No it doesn't, seeing as the vast majority of Jedi are highly trained athletes and fighters. Even the older ones are usually in excellent shape. When Han Solo planned to use ysalamiri against Kueller, Mara Jade specifically warned him not to assume it would be an automatic win.

Palpatine by contrast is not only elderly but hasn't exercised in years.

Nope. More power and cunning maybe, but definitely not more skill. They explained that very clearly in the video. Watch it, you'll learn a lot.

sick sick

I saw that and it was... Don't have words for it. I mean Sidious being sloppy then using his battle with maul to prove that is BS. He wasn't even taking maul seriously so of course he may APPEAR sloppy. Also he's a Juyo master which are wild kinetic strikes that just focus on offense. Sidious battle with Yoda, he was in a confined space, what else was he supposed to do but just swing his blade around. Saying Shaak Ti and plo are better fencers??? Da ****. Sidious is not only faster and more powerful but way more skilled. Same with Dooku. Dooku would have more refinement in his skill but not more overall skill. Sidious would be second to Yoda by ROTS IMHO. Then when you look at how they broke Sidious' duel with Windu down, saying Windu is "obviously" more skilled????? Da ****. If he was obviously more skilled than Windu could have defeated him without the use of Vaapad to boost him which only allowed him to stalemate him.

His physicality, it's not like he was this crippled figure. They even admit he was able to run without the need for the force. Also in a TCW episode he was able to keep up with a highly trained Jedi in Anakin without the need of the force appearing to winded. Also he was trained in Tera's kase so he's not compleltely worthless. The cane really wasn't needed. He was seen as not needing it in the same movie, then you look at Dooku who was older and didn't need a cane, or anyone else except Yoda who was centuries old and Tera's Sanube.

Your worship of that video is troublesome.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by McP
Those noobs should be banned from YT ;/

You must be joking. Those guys VS. videos are some of the most awesome things on YouTube. Not only are they incredibly fun to watch they're also a great source of inspiration.

It's bullshit because Malak didn't canonically do that. They decided that's what he did by looking at his gameplay animations, lol. It's something they entirely fabricated.

Well duh. Malak's preferred Form hasn't been stated so they have to estimate. As long as there's at least some basis for the estimation (which there is), there's no problem. You have to use a bit of imagination and read between the lines sometimes.

EmperorSidious2
Ye of little faith. I'll burn the Internet to ashes to destroy your vaunted dark lord of the Sith to the superior Khan Noonien Singh. If you people thought Darth Ant is relentless wait until you get a load of me.

How many times do you have to be proved wrong before you realize khan is never ever going to beat Sidious.

EmperorSidious2
Doubtful seeing as everything they said made perfect sense and adds up. If it was "just trolling" then it wouldn't be so well thought-out and consistent.

People exaggerate and use hyperbole sometimes. When they say he sucks they're clearly exaggerating.

Have you never heard of a rhetorical question?

Okay then, I'll give you the facts.

There we go.

Actually that isn't fact. Notice how Sidious went off world all those times? He could ahve done that and went to talk or train. So he's there is a plausible time he could have trained.

Actually that isn't fact. Sidious could have fought with Dooku who would be even more busy running a brand new nation as well as being the lead member of the military and Dooku was able to train with Grevious. I believe Sidious did train with Dooku at least once as he did say in SOD comic to Talzin that you posses Dooku's body but not his skill implying he may in fact have trained/sparred with Dooku. So that gives a person. As well as Grevious maybe just to test or have fun but Dooku defintly and a shot or two at a training session.

DarthAnt66
Stop posting.

FreshestSlice
You must be joking. Those guys VS. videos are some of the most awesome things on YouTube. Not only are they incredibly fun to watch they're also a great source of inspiration.

Well duh. Malak's preferred Form hasn't been stated so they have to estimate. As long as there's at least some basis for the estimation (which there is), there's no problem. You have to use a bit of imagination and read between the lines sometimes.
Is it even physically possible to have someone you don't know's dick that far down your throat?

chilled monkey
Is it even physically possible to have someone you don't know's dick that far down your throat?

I'm just stating the truth. Jensaarai1 and the others VS. videos are awesome. As I said they are incredibly fun and entertaining. More importantly I've gotten inspiration for my fanfictions from them. Try watching them sometime and then you'll know what I mean.

I understand, you're afraid of ridicule so you feel pressured to behave like the fanboys to fit in, but you don't have to be afraid. Just watch the VS. videos and you'll see for yourself why I like them.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Stop posting.

And I've already seen it, dumbass.

chilled monkey
And I've already seen it, dumbass.

I assume this post is directed at me. Beg your pardon but that "Stop posting" bit was directed at EmperorSidious2 so you can see why I'm a little confused.

Anyway, if you have seen at least some of Jensaarai1 and co's Vs videos then you should understand why they're so amazing. The fact that they can make these observations and determine the different tactics and skills of the combatants in such detail, even though in some cases there isn't much concrete info on them, is incredible. As I said they're really helpful with writing my fanfictions.

quanchi112
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
How many times do you have to be proved wrong before you realize khan is never ever going to beat Sidious.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/c18f9621adcfffefacef2e411b07bf41/tumblr_inline_my8e3tFmR51s9mfnz.gif

^^Fact.

EmperorSidious2
https://38.media.tumblr.com/c18f9621adcfffefacef2e411b07bf41/tumblr_inline_my8e3tFmR51s9mfnz.gif

^^Fact.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud Nah.

quanchi112
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud Nah. Gifs don't lie.

DarthAnt66
What if someone makes a gif that says Palpatine > Khan?
--- --- ---
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud Nah.
Stop posting.

quanchi112
What if someone makes a gif that says Palpatine > Khan?
--- --- --- That is more eu nonsense aka out of continuity. Khan>>>>Palpatine is canon.

Watch the movie and learn firsthand. Watch Khan humble your geriatric emperor.

Emperordmb
I wasn't aware Khan vs Sidious was a movie? I didn't think movie companies would bother making a 3 second snuff film of Khan's death.

|King Joker|
I wasn't aware Khan vs Sidious was a movie? I didn't think movie companies would bother making a 3 second snuff film of Khan's death. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/2570579909.png

quanchi112
I wasn't aware Khan vs Sidious was a movie? I didn't think movie companies would bother making a 3 second snuff film of Khan's death. Khan wouldn't die. Palaptine would die quicker than a one handed cyborg tossing him to his death. At least this time he wouldn't have time to scream like a girl.

DarthAnt66
Khan>>>>Palpatine is canon.
You speak of canon yet ignore novels / comics that are deemed canonical. mmm

Emperordmb
Vader getting the jump on you while you're distracted is far less embarrassing than letting Kirk or Spock get the jump on you while you're distracted.

Time-Immemorial
Jensaarai, Reti, and Evannova host a roundtable discussion on why Sidious is overrated and sucks. What are your thoughts on their commentary and 2 hours of deep insight on Sheev's mediocrity?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nuXGOO1uKo

Not only is he not invincible, but he's weak and old.

quanchi112
You speak of canon yet ignore novels / comics that are deemed canonical. mmm What have I ignored ? Palpatine begging Mace to spare his life. 100 % canon.

Emperordmb
AW ****, NOT TI!!! sad

DarthAnt66
What have I ignored ? Palpatine begging Mace to spare his life. 100 % canon.
Have you read Lords of the Sith or seen Palpatine in Son of Dathomir?

quanchi112
Vader getting the jump on you while you're distracted is far less embarrassing than letting Kirk or Spock get the jump on you while you're distracted. He has precog but suddenly whenever they look bad precog suddenly doesn't count as an ability. Vader had one hand. He wasn't armed either. Kirk couldn't beat Khan with Khan just letting him punch him. Khan also was about to crush Spock's skull despite Spock initially being armed against an unarmed Khan.

|King Joker|
AW ****, NOT TI!!! sad you love him admit it

Emperordmb
He has precog but suddenly whenever they look bad precog suddenly doesn't count as an ability. Vader had one hand. He wasn't armed either. Kirk couldn't beat Khan with Khan just letting him punch him. Khan also was about to crush Spock's skull despite Spock initially being armed against an unarmed Khan.
And in a straight fight, Vader knows Sidious would shit on him. Read Lords of the Sith thumb up

Time-Immemorial
AW ****, NOT TI!!! sad

How about we make a deal, you and your star wars pals stay out of my GDF, and I'll stay out of your forum.

|King Joker|
"my GDF" lmfao

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>