Weakest being who can survive...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
A shot from BL John's 'Death-Gun':
http://i.imgur.com/7078ONBm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/sJprbulm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/gzKw0som.jpg

Scenario 1: No shielding allowed.
Scenario 2: Shielding allowed.

SquallX
Is that Stewart?

Galan007
Yessir.

ghostman
id say wonderwoman for scenario 1. wait,has she ever survived a planet busting or the equivalent or that without her bracers?

scenario 2 magneto.

abhilegend
And people thought GLs were depowered in Johns Era.

laughing out loud

Mindset
Originally posted by abhilegend
And people thought GLs were depowered in Johns Era.

laughing out loud GL's are equal to BL's?

abhilegend
GL's are more powerful than Black Lanterns. Hal was soloing dozens of them in Blackest Night.

SquallX
GL's are more powerful than Black Lanterns. Hal was soloing dozens of them in Blackest Night.

Because it was a Hal centric story.

carver9

Remember...fts doesn't get shared here.

carver9
Also, he aimed for a hole in Mogo head. I'm sure that had a lot to do with the showing.

Galan007
Originally posted by ghostman
id say wonderwoman for scenario 1. wait,has she ever survived a planet busting or the equivalent or that without her bracers?

scenario 2 magneto. g007-psyduck

SquallX
Originally posted by carver9
Also, he aimed for a hole in Mogo head. I'm sure that had a lot to do with the showing.

Wow you're pathetic!

That's the best you got!

abhilegend
No, it wasn't. John straight up destroyed Mogo which isn't a regular planet either. Originally posted by carver9
Remember...fts doesn't get shared here.
Fine. John as a GL was soloing dozen of black Lanterns. Heck a few of Lanterns destroyed Black Lantern Xanshi which was bound together by billions of BL rings.

http://imgur.com/a/qPRli

Heck, his constructs were soloing black Lanterns.
Http://imgur.com/a/K39yP

TheLordofMurder
Kity Pride...

The OP didnt exclude intangibility...

wink

carver9
No, it wasn't. John straight up destroyed Mogo which isn't a regular planet either.
Fine. John as a GL was soloing dozen of black Lanterns. Heck a few of Lanterns destroyed Black Lantern Xanshi which was bound together by billions of BL rings.

http://imgur.com/a/qPRli

Heck, his constructs were soloing black Lanterns.
Http://imgur.com/a/K39yP

You see, this is why I do not take your interpretations of things serious. Look at the freaking scan...

http://i.imgur.com/sJprbul.jpg

He is obviously scoping in on a hole. He spotted a weak point and took advantage of it. Put on your glasses.

carver9
Originally posted by SquallX
Wow you're pathetic!

That's the best you got!

Shot at a weak point bro.

abhilegend
You see, this is why I do not take your interpretations of things serious. Look at the freaking scan...

http://i.imgur.com/sJprbul.jpg

He is obviously scoping in on a hole. He spotted a weak point and took advantage of it. Put on your glasses.
Haha, what? Just because he was firing in a hole doesn't means that was a weak spot.

Mogo's core is the most powerful part of his planetary body. Here he traps hundreds of black Lanterns and atomized them.

http://imgur.com/a/ghkIo

This is just pathetic at this point.

Not to mention GLs were destroying planets just fine in Johns Era. Here Sodam Yat destroys a planet size machine.

http://imgur.com/BNyaPQl

carver9
Haha, what? Just because he was firing in a hole doesn't means that was a weak spot.

Mogo's core is the most powerful part of his planetary body. Here he traps hundreds of black Lanterns and atomized them.

http://imgur.com/a/ghkIo

This is just pathetic at this point.

Not to mention GLs were destroying planets just fine in Johns Era. Here Sodam Yat destroys a planet size machine.

http://imgur.com/BNyaPQl

Bro, I'm calling it like I am seeing it. He ruptured his core. If he could've just destroyed him with a single shot then he wouldn't have focused on one area.

abhilegend
Bro, I'm calling it like I am seeing it. He ruptured his core. If he could've just destroyed him with a single shot then he wouldn't have focused on one area.
Yeah, right.

He was firing a planet busting bullet. Of course he was focusing on a single point.

Do you know how to read?

carver9
Yeah, right.

He was firing a planet busting bullet. Of course he was focusing on a single point.

Do you know how to read?

We are done with this. From what I saw he shot and focused on one area to take Mogo out. I wouldn't know how strong that shot is since the ft has context so with that said, I don't know who can take the bullet.

abhilegend
We are done with this. From what I saw he shot and focused on one area to take Mogo out. I wouldn't know how strong that shot is since the ft has context so with that said, I don't know who can take the bullet.
Of course you are done.

You don't have an argument. You just saw a hole in the scan and jumped straight at it to somehow lowball it.

Galan007
Shot at a weak point bro. Where was that stated?

Also, after Mogo was killed, it was stated that the damage was "irreparable":
http://i.imgur.com/yDVYIOt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fyYozpQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eSjhfuv.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
Where was that stated?

Also, after Mogo was killed, it was stated that the damage was "irreparable":
http://i.imgur.com/yDVYIOt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fyYozpQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eSjhfuv.jpg

He stopped his heart?

DarkSaint85
Lol, Mogo was the heart of the Corps...

Galan007
He stopped his heart? srsly

This is what John said:
http://i.imgur.com/xF8MAu7.jpg

IOW, Mogo is the figurative 'heart' of the GLC.

#Comprehension

abhilegend
You're asking too much from Carver.

erm

Smurph
Tbf, it does look like he shot the bullet into a hole on Mogo's surface, but I don't think that stops the bullet from being uber.

We don't know how exactly it worked, but if there was a huge energy explosion from the bullet, I think we can assume that an internal explosion would be more devastating than an external one. It's still a Mogo-busting explosion though, which is the point, right?

As for the thread:

1) Dunno. I assume that Galan wasn't looking for "lol, Deadpool/Kitty/etc." loopholes. Somewhere within the wide range of Sinestro Corps Cyborg Superman on the low end, and a Suneater on the high end?

2) Shields, Thor/BRB/Whor maybe, because their shields can channel energy. If that's hax, then I'm not sure. Sentinel Alan Scott?

Galan007
Originally posted by Smurph
As for the thread:

1) Dunno. I assume that Galan wasn't looking for "lol, Deadpool/Kitty/etc." loopholes. Somewhere within the wide range of Sinestro Corps Cyborg Superman on the low end, and a Suneater on the high end?

2) Shields, Thor/BRB/Whor maybe, because their shields can channel energy. If that's hax, then I'm not sure. Sentinel Alan Scott? Thanks for staying on track. thumb up

Curious why you think those beings can survive the bullet... Particularly Cyborg and the Sun-Eater..?

Smurph
Thanks for staying on track. thumb up

Curious why you think those beings can survive the bullet... Particularly Cyborg and the Sun-Eater..? Sun-Eater is a mostly empty guess, because different Sun-eaters have survived or tanked some powerful energy attacks in the past, though not on this level that I know of. I'm sure Abhi could speak to this with greater authority though.

And Cyborg is a bit of a copout, because he survives pretty much anything. Still, his damage soak was always super high, and he had handfuls of SC rings, but I guess I was thinking about auto shields that wouldn't be up because of your OP stips.

I'd be curious to know what you thought though.

Galan007
I could agree with pre-Crisis Sun-Eaters surviving--they were well beyond the likes of even PC Validus and Kryptonians. Post-Crisis Sun-Eaters(ie. Starbreaker) might be a different story, though.

Cyborg was technically incapacitated by the galaxy-busting energies released from the detonation of Warworld. Dunno how we could compare the lethality of John's Death-Bullet to that..? We certainly cannot judge it solely by the amount of collateral damage that was caused... mmm

I want to see if we can get some sort of general consensus before I weigh in.

Smurph
I think you could maybe make an argument that Meggan is the weakest character who could 'metabolize' the bullet/energy, which is different than directly surviving a hit.

After her, Mjolnir has the surest feats for absorbing the attack, I think.

Prof. T.C McAbe
GLs are casual planetbusters but this feat is incredible in it's own right as Mogo is not simply a planet but one of the most powerful GLs out there. I would say nothing below a mid Trans should be able to survive such a snipershot.

Galan007
I think you could maybe make an argument that Meggan is the weakest character who could 'metabolize' the bullet/energy, which is different than directly surviving a hit.

After her, Mjolnir has the surest feats for absorbing the attack, I think. I'm not really looking for characters who can survive via energy absorption/manipulation or w/e. I'm more interested in who can endure it via sheer physicality, and/or who can endure it via shielding.

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
GLs are casual planetbusters but this feat is incredible in it's own right as Mogo is not simply a planet but one of the most powerful GLs out there. I would say nothing below a mid Trans should be able to survive such a snipershot. Remember, that bullet was pure death-energy. That's what makes it so much more devastating.

carver9
Tbf, it does look like he shot the bullet into a hole on Mogo's surface, but I don't think that stops the bullet from being uber.

We don't know how exactly it worked, but if there was a huge energy explosion from the bullet, I think we can assume that an internal explosion would be more devastating than an external one. It's still a Mogo-busting explosion though, which is the point, right?

As for the thread:

2) Shields, Thor/BRB/Whor maybe, because their shields can channel energy. If that's hax, then I'm not sure. Sentinel Alan Scott?

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
I know that it goes against the spirit of the thread as I know what the OP was after, but as it is worded, Kitty Pride does win this thread...

SquallX
Imperiex Prime
Superboy/Man Prime
Diana blocking

Galan007
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
I know that it goes against the spirit of the thread as I know what the OP was after, but as it is worded, Kitty Pride does win this thread... So you know what I was asking, but still decided to troll? Got it. thumb up

Anyway, like I've reiterated:
I'm not looking for characters who can survive via energy absorption/manipulation or w/e. I'm more interested in who can endure it via sheer physicality, and/or who can endure it via shielding.

Surviving via intangibility, energy manip., immortality, etc. is obviously not what I'm asking.... It's amazing that such things need to be specified. none

TheLordofMurder
Ok Galan, for the spirit of the thread, I'll give you a serious answer you won't like...

A meta...the mutant Butterball...wins this thread.

Galan007
Interesting.

Feats to support your claim?

TheLordofMurder
He doesn't have many showing, and thus not many feats; some guys unloaded on him in the negative zone to no effect...

Butterballs only real power is total invulnerablility and limitless stami; he isn't strong, fast, and cant do anything else...thus him being meta despite complete invulnerability...

SquallX
Matter Eater Lad could eat the energy.

Galan007
He doesn't have many showing, and thus not many feats; some guys unloaded on him in the negative zone to no effect...

Butterballs only real power is total invulnerablility and limitless stami; he isn't strong, fast, and cant do anything else...thus him being meta despite complete invulnerability... So you're no-limits fallacy-ing this guy?

Please stop. If you cannot support your opinion with anything of substance, then please don't post at all.

h1a8
I would say Classic Juggernaut with shield

TheLordofMurder
So you're no-limits fallacy-ing this guy?

Please stop. If you cannot support your opinion with anything of substance, then please don't post at all.

Argue with Butterballs writer...

Look him up; total invulnerability is his power; no limits fallacy doesn't apply here because complete invulnerability is what he was created to be and he's never been damaged in anyway in all his appearances...

I knew you wouldnt like the answer, but so what...

A fact is a fact; deal with it...

Kitty wins this thread as per the writing of the OP...

Butterball wins going with the spirit of the thread...

Deal with it...

Happy Dance

Galan007
Not dealing with your BS in my thread. Reported for trolling.

TheLordofMurder
Not dealing with your BS in my thread. Reported for trolling.

Reported for telling the truth?

laughing out loud

Go right ahead....my position is solid...Butterball wins.

-Pr-
Without feats, it's not really something you can argue tbh. Yeah, his powerset is supposedly total invulnerability, but we've so rarely seen it tested, if at all.

Galan007
Reported for telling the truth?

laughing out loud

Go right ahead....my position is solid...Butterball wins. Your 'position' is based on imposing a no-limits fallacy on a character who primarily has statements to his credit, and no real feats to unequivocally back them up. You seem to be a fan of this type of debating 'style', which is fine. That's your thing. I just don't want you to infect my thread with this crap. thumb up

To reiterate again: I only care about what can be definitively proven(via feats) in this thread... Which is something you cannot do.

You are trolling just to troll. Please stop.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by -Pr-
Without feats, it's not really something you can argue tbh. Yeah, his powerset is supposedly total invulnerability, but we've so rarely seen it tested, if at all.

I get what you're saying PR; he's never faced any extreme attack, that's tested the limits of his Invulnerability...

Nevertheless, every single one of his appearances features his Invulnerability being absolute...

That combined with the writers intent for the character points to him withstanding the attack in the OP..doesn't it?

TheLordofMurder
Your 'position' is based on imposing a no-limits fallacy on a character who primarily has statements to his credit, and no real feats to unequivocally back them up. You seem to be a fan of this type of debating 'style', which is fine. That's your thing. I just don't want you to infect my thread with this crap. thumb up

To reiterate again: I only care about what can be definitively proven(via feats) in this thread... Which is something you cannot do.

You are trolling just to troll. Please stop.

No, I'm not trolling; I'm adding factual data here...

Butterball was written to be a completely invulnerable mutant; all of his appearances support the writers vision of what he should be...

He should be able to tank the attack in the OP without difficulty...

DarkSaint85

Butterball was written to be a completely invulnerable mutant; all of his appearances support the writers vision of what he should be...

Would he be immune to Celestials, the Living Tribunal, Beyonders, as well, then?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Would he be immune to Celestials, the Living Tribunal, Beyonders, as well, then?

Everyone you just named is below a writer at Marvel; just be aware of that fact...

A writer at Marvel penned this character to be totally invulnerable, but not able to do anything else; he can be overpowered and placed in hand cuffs...put in a cage...tied up...but he's completely invulnerable.

I didnt write this guy; some guy at Marvel did, and every single one of his showings demonstrates the writers vision of Butterball...and that vision highlights his complete invulnerability.

DarkSaint85
Everyone you just named is below a writer at Marvel; just be aware of that fact...

A writer at Marvel penned this character to be totally invulnerable, but not able to do anything else; he can be overpowered and placed in hand cuffs...put in a cage...tied up...but he's completely invulnerable.

I didnt write this guy; some guy at Marvel did, and every single one of his showings demonstrates the writers vision of Butterball...and that vision highlights his complete invulnerability.

Not my question, though.

Are you saying he would be immune to Celestials, the Living Tribunal, Beyonders as well, then?

TheLordofMurder
Not my question, though.

Are you saying he would be immune to Celestials, the Living Tribunal, Beyonders as well, then?

I am saying that he was writen to be totally invulnerable and all of his appearances support that writing...

Those are the facts here...

carver9

Isn't that the guy that tanked Wolverine claws without flinching?

DarkSaint85
I am saying that he was writen to be totally invulnerable and all of his appearances support that writing...

Yes/No?

TheLordofMurder
Isn't that the guy that tanked Wolverine claws without flinching?

Yep..

thumb up

TheLordofMurder

This is my answer to your question DarkSaint...

Feel free to argue with the writer of Butterball however...

-Pr-
I get what you're saying PR; he's never faced any extreme attack, that's tested the limits of his Invulnerability...

Nevertheless, every single one of his appearances features his Invulnerability being absolute...

That combined with the writers intent for the character points to him withstanding the attack in the OP..doesn't it?

Outside of this board, sure, you could say that.

But people get called "invulnerable" all the time in comics, until they meet something that makes them vulnerable.

He works as a joke answer for this thread, but not as a serious one. Not without a solid body of feats.

DarkSaint85
This is my answer to your question DarkSaint...

Feel free to argue with the writer of Butterball however...

But I didn't ask for 'facts'.

I asked for your opinion - I don't see why you wouldn't/can't give me a straight answer.

Yes/No: Are you saying he would be immune to Celestials, the Living Tribunal, Beyonders as well, then?

I already know what he was written to be - I too read comics. I know what his showings SO FAR have shown - I have read them too.

But just relying on what has gone before can be tricky. Tomorrow, the writers at Marvel may decide to change their stance. Or upgrade his status.

After all, that's why we're on this forum, right? It's not all set in stone.

So, in your opinion, Yes/No: Are you saying he would be immune to Celestials, the Living Tribunal, Beyonders as well, then?

TheLordofMurder
Outside of this board, sure, you could say that.

But people get called "invulnerable" all the time in comics, until they meet something that makes them vulnerable.

He works as a joke answer for this thread, but not as a serious one. Not without a solid body of feats.

Being called Invulnerable and being written specifically to be invulnerable are two seperate things arent they?

Butterball was specifically written be invulnerable...

Galan007
But I didn't ask for 'facts'.

I asked for your opinion - I don't see why you wouldn't/can't give me a straight answer.

Yes/No: Are you saying he would be immune to Celestials, the Living Tribunal, Beyonders as well, then?

I already know what he was written to be - I too read comics. I know what his showings SO FAR have shown - I have read them too.

But just relying on what has gone before can be tricky. Tomorrow, the writers at Marvel may decide to change their stance. Or upgrade his status.

After all, that's why we're on this forum, right? It's not all set in stone.

So, in your opinion, Yes/No: Are you saying he would be immune to Celestials, the Living Tribunal, Beyonders as well, then? He keeps dodging the question, because he likes playing this no-limits fallacy game.

...Not to mention that saying "yes, Butterball can tank a blast from the IG or LT" makes him sound even more ridiculous.

-Pr-
Being called Invulnerable and being written specifically to be invulnerable are two seperate things arent they?

Butterball was specifically written be invulnerable...

So far yes, he has been. But you can't apply a no-limits fallacy to something. Even if he is the exception, it'd be hard to prove it, writer intent or not.

Time-Immemorial
So far yes, he has been. But you can't apply a no-limits fallacy to something. Even if he is the exception, it'd be hard to prove it, writer intent or not.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/lKIkje8nkgEuY/200.gif

h1a8
So is classic Juggernaut with shields a good answer? Someone chime in.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by h1a8
So is classic Juggernaut with shields a good answer? Someone chime in.

I personally think its an excellent answer; it would be my 3rd choice behind Kitty and Butterball since the OP is looking for the weakest character that could tank that attack...

And Classic Juggs did withstand Thors God Blast without taking any damage, so I think he absolutely tanks the attack seen in the OP...

Cogito
Total speculation here, because there's never been anything else comparable to the feat in question. To top it off, Mogo is repeatedly and consistently called the most powerful Lantern (even with Hal around), although we rarely ever see him do anything. Heck, I can't even recall a single instance of Mogo using his ring.

That being said, a big time blast of pure death energy (if that's a thing) that can one-shot not only a planet but the most powerful Lantern? I think we're talking at least Skyfather level to tank it straight up and at least high end Thanos shields level to maybe have a chance to block it.

But that's a complete guess thumb up

Galan007
Originally posted by h1a8
So is classic Juggernaut with shields a good answer? Someone chime in. Seems like a logical choice to me. Classic Juggernaut's shielding was the epitome of impermeable.

zopzop
Originally posted by Cogito
That being said, a big time blast of pure death energy (if that's a thing) that can one-shot not only a planet but the most powerful Lantern? I think we're talking at least Skyfather level to tank it straight up and at least high end Thanos shields level to maybe have a chance to block it.

thumb up

operator616
Ub'x probably.

Originally posted by Cogito
Total speculation here, because there's never been anything else comparable to the feat in question. To top it off, Mogo is repeatedly and consistently called the most powerful Lantern (even with Hal around), although we rarely ever see him do anything. Heck, I can't even recall a single instance of Mogo using his ring.

But that's a complete guess thumb up

Mogo has used the ring many times actually.

celeyhyga17
I'm not really looking for characters who can survive via energy absorption/manipulation or w/e. I'm more interested in who can endure it via sheer physicality, and/or who can endure it via shielding.

Remember, that bullet was pure death-energy. That's what makes it so much more devastating.
Possibly GoT Thor if we focus on the ability to endure with sheer physicality. One can somewhat draw some similarities with the "death bullet" and the Annihiblade. Plus the sheer scope of the godbomb was staggering.

DarkSaint85
Bizarro can, I reckon...

abhilegend
Eh, why bizarro?

BeyonderGod
.....Doomsday

cdtm
What about Adam Destine?

A genie made him immune to just about anything, didn't she?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.