Darth Bane's Power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pyron_Knight
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=618178&highlight=title%3A%28Bane%29

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=617962&highlight=title%3A%28Bane%29

How did two such radically different set of opinions come about on the same day...?

As I finish Bane's trilogy I decided to do a search and was at first confused by people putting the Jawless Wonder above him. But then I immediately found the second thread and now I just dunno.

Also was confused by people putting Maul above Bane.

|King Joker|
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/798/789/732.gif

carthage
Shaak Ti level/Kyle Katarn level in power

Qui Gon Jinn/Corran Horn/Kyle Katarn level in sabers

He's inferior to most if not all of the major Sith and Jedi though

DarthAnt66
Pyron, I suggest you contact our member "carthage". He's our leading expert on all things Darth Bane.

EDIT: Ah, nvm, Carthage already posted. Awesome. Agreed! thumb up big grin

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by carthage

thumb up

Pyron_Knight

When did Shaak Ti have enough TK power to destroy an entire huge ass temple with one move? That's the kind of shit ROTS Anakin does. Well, Labyrinth of Evil is basically ROTS Anakin.

DarthAnt66
It was a concentrated attack on a nexus. It wasn't a display of his natural power he can perform in a fight.

Deronn_solo
A bit above Count Dooku's level.

carthage
laughing out loud

NewGuy01
laughing out loud

Deronn_solo
Not my fault Dooku is overrated shit, that gets pummeled by fodder pirates.

Pyron_Knight
Seems to me you're a bit biased and a hater, carthage.

Pyron_Knight
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=617498&highlight=title%3A%28Bane%29+userid%3A146103

The hate and immaturity is strong with the anti-Bane people.

Repeatedly putting Bane in stomp threads doesn't hurt the character as much as it hurts you, carthage.

Deronn_solo
Carth's butt is still hurt from Bane taking his manhood a few years back.

carthage
This guy obviously hasn't seen the numerous retarded statements by tools like Neph, Appletonia, DMB, saying POD Bane is a greater duelist than Sidious, Bane can kill Maul and Savage/Anakin/Kenobi at once, or that he'd be competition for Sidious, or that Bane would beat guys like Dooku, Vader, Kun, Malgus or others who are more skilled and have better force feats than him.

Maybe you should stop sucking his dick, and actually read the hilarious posts they make. You already caught a glimpse of DC's braindamaged claim he's better than Dooku lmfao

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Carth's butt is still hurt from Bane taking his manhood a few years back.

carthage
mmm

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=617498&highlight=title%3A%28Bane%29+userid%3A146103

The hate and immaturity is strong with the anti-Bane people.

Repeatedly putting Bane in stomp threads doesn't hurt the character as much as it hurts you, carthage.

Sad thing is that there's a good half-dozen posters that lurk this place that would vote for Bane.

FreshestSlice
Seems to me you're a bit biased and a hater, carthage.
Logically speaking there absolute no reason why Bane should be anywhere near as powerful as the people later in his lineage, especially when it's a known fact that they grew more powerful with each generation. Carthage isn't being a hater, and in facts knows Bane's feats far better than most of Bane's actual supporters.

Pyron_Knight
This guy obviously hasn't seen the numerous retarded statements by tools like Neph, Appletonia, DMB, saying POD Bane is a greater duelist than Sidious, Bane can kill Maul and Savage/Anakin/Kenobi at once, or that he'd be competition for Sidious, or that Bane would beat guys like Dooku, Vader, Kun, Malgus or others who are more skilled and have better force feats than him.

Maybe you should stop sucking his dick, and actually read the hilarious posts they make. You already caught a glimpse of DC's braindamaged claim he's better than Dooku lmfao

All I see is a guy who's way too in love with his own opinion and self-righteous indignation that others could possibly disagree with him.

At the very least your intense bias casts everything you say on this matter into doubt.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Carthage isn't being a hater, and in facts knows Bane's feats far better than most of Bane's actual supporters.

LAL, no.
Placing Bane on Kyle Katarn's or Shaak Ti 's level overall is the epitome of mental retardation.

|King Joker|
He's said worse, too.

carthage
LAL, no.
Placing Bane on Kyle Katarn's or Shaak Ti 's level overall is the epitome of mental retardation.

Again show me any no nexus feats that places him decidedly above them . Without a nexus he isn't that far above or even stronger than either of them.

All I see is a guy who's way too in love with his own opinion and self-righteous indignation that others could possibly disagree with him.

At the very least your intense bias casts everything you say on this matter into doubt.

Sounds like you're trying to confirm your own opinion that he's so far above the force users I mentioned. And lmfao at "righteous indignation", I'm not the one trawling for threads so I can find others that suit bias like you. If you've got a reason that he's far above Dooku in terms of feats, then I'd love to hear it. Again I can show threads where people are putting him far above where he could feasibly stand, and make far more laughable claims than the ranking I've given him

ILS
Also was confused by people putting Maul above Bane. I can sympathise with you in that Bane gets both underrated and overrated, and I can admire that you took it upon yourself to read the trilogy to understand him better, but let me ask you this: how much of Maul have you really read?

Beniboybling
Logically speaking there absolute no reason why Bane should be anywhere near as powerful as the people later in his lineage, especially when it's a known fact that they grew more powerful with each generation. Carthage isn't being a hater, and in facts knows Bane's feats far better than most of Bane's actual supporters. That only applies to those who surpassed there predecessors though, Dooku never did. In fact he was never even a real apprentice.

Nephthys
The RoT is also flawed in that as we saw with Zannah, the apprentices can be pretty heavily over-specialized and they develop their skills around beating one opponent: their master. Just because Cognus managed to defeat Zannah with her skillset at one point, it doesn't mean she'd also defeat Bane in a straight up fight using the same skills. Zannah didn't manage a legit win against Bane either.

SunRazer
Their skillsets might not have matched well against Bane, but we know each consecutive member of the Order was more powerful than the last.

Beniboybling
We've also got to consider that the apprentice continues to grow in strength after defeating their master. ROTJ Sidious is significantly superior to TPM Sidious for example.

Bane also says more than once Zannah has the power to surpass him.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Beniboybling
That only applies to those who surpassed there predecessors though, Dooku never did. In fact he was never even a real apprentice.
Which has nothing to do with my point because DMB and Neph have had Bane superior to the likes of Sidious, Yoda, Plagueis, etc on many occasions. There's also the fact that this is hundreds of years after the RoT began, and aside from Sidious none of these people are miles above Dooku.
We've also got to consider that the apprentice continues to grow in strength after defeating their master. ROTJ Sidious is significantly superior to TPM Sidious for example.

Bane also says more than once Zannah has the power to surpass him.
This doesn't exactly help your argument.

Nephthys
I haven't had Bane superior to those 3. I've argued that he could defeat or match them (only Yoda tho due to Orbalisks iirc) but purely based on his skillset, not that he's more powerful than them or superior.

Also huh? Yoda and Plagueis are on Sidious' level. If he's miles above Dooku, so are they.

Beniboybling
Which has nothing to do with my point because DMB and Neph have had Bane superior to the likes of Sidious, Yoda, Plagueis, etc on many occasions. There's also the fact that this is hundreds of years after the RoT began, and aside from Sidious none of these people are miles above Dooku.Far enough I assumed you we're speaking in terms of Dooku.That's because I don't agree with Neph. thumb up

Trocity

Bane got trashed by mercenaries.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Trocity

Which book?

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Which book?
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
This guy, lmfao.

Emperordmb
I have never had Bane above Sidious or Yoda on this forum, and I never said POD Bane>Sidious in sabers, you guys need to stop making shit up.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Not sure what all that's about, he's been in more than 1 book and I'd rather not read through all 3 just to find that instance.

Nephthys
Bane gets ambushed while he's exhausted by Cognus who's weakening his power in the force. She manages to nick him with a poisoned knife that knocks him out after a period of time.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I have never had Bane above Sidious or Yoda on this forum, and I never said POD Bane>Sidious in sabers, you guys need to stop making shit up.

Oh dry your eyes, not everything Carthage is mentioning in regards to the Bane movement has to do with you specifically. Fact of the matter is that Appletonia does insinuate that PoD Bane is > Sidious, and by a great margin at that. Besides, he was around when you did say Bane>Sidious, so what he said wasn't exactly a lie regardless of whether or not it was here.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Oh dry your eyes, not everything Carthage is mentioning in regards to the Bane movement has to do with you specifically. Appletonia does insinuate that PoD Bane is > Sidious, and by a great margin at that.
He's attributing a bullshit claim like that to me and Neph as well, despite it not being something either of us agree with in any way.

Besides, he was around when you did say Bane>Sidious, so what he said wasn't exactly a lie regardless of whether or not it was here.
I stopped saying that on SWF before he joined. Also that was Freshest who accused me of that.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Emperordmb
He's attributing a bullshit claim like that to me and Neph as well, despite it not being something either of us agree with in any way.

Again, he's pulling extreme cases from the group in general that you happen to be a part of. You seem to get this odd feeling that anything anyone says about the internet-spanning Bane fanwank must be a personal assault on you.

I honestly don't recall whether or not you dropped Bane>Sidious by the time Winebottle joined, It's not like I'm keeping track of dates. But I do remember that you still had Bane>Yoda early on in your KMC career as well. Not that the small details are relevant because it's not all about you.

Emperordmb
Again, he's pulling extreme cases from the group in general that you happen to be a part of. You seem to get this odd feeling that anything anyone says about the internet-spanning Bane fanwank must be a personal assault on you.
I take issue with a sentence that makes it sound like POD Bane>>>Sidious in sabers is something in keeping with my opinions.

I honestly don't recall whether or not you dropped Bane>Sidious by the time Winebottle joined, but I do remember that you still had Bane>Yoda early on in your KMC career. Not that the small details are relevant because it's not all about you.
No I did not. That ended before I left SWF.

Obviously if I'm being compared to appletonia and have people other than Carthage thinking I have Bane>Sidious/Yoda, clearly I'm going to defend myself there.

NewGuy01
You're way too easy to rile.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
@DMB: that's code for, "you're right, time to save face." smilesmilesmile

Sas is a shitcan

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Trocity

With negative circumstances. Dooku just got shat on by pirates when he wasn't vitiated by anything at all, KEK.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
@DMB: that's code for, "you're right, time to save face." smilesmilesmile

Sas is a shitcan

I predict DMB's next post will be something along the lines of:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmshfmIhWw1qdmlfso1_500.gif

Zenwolf
Ok let's put this whole Bane vs mercenaries thing into context..

The leader of the mercs was a Donn Royal Guard which that particular guard hires soldiers for dangerous missions. Jedder(the leader of the mercs) fought with the Army of Light against the Sith and his mercenary team that he led and handpicked were 20 military vets, the troopers were smart in their planning.

This instance also had Cognus and the mercs having prep time, with sonic detonators and positioning the mercs in the right spots, stun rifles and flashbangs. That and Cognus was blocking his ability to use the Force properly, which she showed before hand against a Jedi.

Let's not even going into the fact, your average merc in Star Wars is gonna be a pretty experienced in fighting and having various weaponry at their disposal.

So to say that "lol Bane was trashed by mercs"

Yeah...mercs who had the advantage of prep, having fought with the Army of Light against the Sith and having a Force User to disrupt Bane's Force abilities.

Emperordmb
Plus he was exhausted when they surprise attacked him.

NewGuy01
Force users losing to non-force users in number isn't really unusual or exceptionally bad.

Trocity
With negative circumstances. Dooku just got shat on by pirates when he wasn't vitiated by anything at all, KEK.

Kyp Durron struggled with a single Vong slayer that had negative circumstances.

Every dog has his day.

Nephthys
Anakin got beat up by a politician.

GG lost to Jar Jar.

Han killed Sidious.

carthage

He's also got better force feats, accolades, is easily more skilled, and has beaten guys who would shit on Bane in a duel.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Nephthys
Anakin got beat up by a politician.You mean Rush Clovis? Anakin pwned him as I recall.

Deronn_solo
He's also got better force feats, accolades, is easily more skilled, and has beaten guys who would shit on Bane in a duel.

You're a pretty good debater in every other thread, involving every other character, Carth. But debating you in Bane threads are a waste of calories, so keep believing what you will.

NewGuy01
You're a pretty good debater in every other thread, involving every other character, Carth. But debating you in Bane threads are a waste of calories, so keep believing what you will.

Honestly other than a bit of hyperbole, everything he said there is true enough.

Beniboybling
Maybe someone should actually make a comparison. mmm

chilled monkey

I don't get why people have a problem with that. There was what, 30 pirates? Sure Dooku could have killed a lot of them but strength of numbers would have eventually brought him down, especially as he didn't have his lightsabre.

Jedi/Sith are powerful sure but they're only mortal. They aren't the demi-gods people seem to think.

The Merchant
I'm surprised with how low or high people have Bane myself. I personally believe that in his prime he's stronger than Freedon Nadd, and either that's too high for some or too low for others.

NewGuy01
I have no more doubts about Bane being above Nadd than he himself does. Which happens to be quite a few.

Deronn_solo
Honestly other than a bit of hyperbole, everything he said there is true enough.

Nah.
The only thing I can concede to is Tyranus being the superior duelist.

Zampanó
Lol. Bane has one of the most insane speed feats in the mythos

Y'all can get wrecked

S_W_LeGenD
Every character is underestimated by some in certain aspects.

Yes, some ridiculously underestimate Darth Bane .

The_Tempest
Zamp, I understand that your post here may simply be the product of your rejuvenated alliance/bromance with Neph, but I am compelled to ask about the importance of feats.

For example, if we were to evaluate characters strictly by a comparison of upper end feats, wouldn't Darth Sidious be a vastly superior sorcerer than Kreia?

Nephthys
Is he not?

Zampanó
Is he not?

Kreia isn't known as a Sorceress. Her neutral force alignment in the game is never explained, although it is hinted at being a similar technique to the Sith Assassins. Dave used to make an argument about Kreia's knowledge based on the implied access to the Malachor Depths Library of holocrons, but I was never convinced by that.

I believe (but am not 100% sure) we were arguing about relative powers of foresight? And there, Kreia has a further time horizon with greater resolution of detail than any prophecy of Sidious (that I'm aware of). And before you attack that feat with the Malachor nexus, you'd also have to call Onderon, Telos, Nar Shadaa and Peragus Dark Side nexuses (because there are fine corrections to her Xanatos gambit throughout the game).

Edit: Quotes and narration are given context by feats. The many accolades for the Jedi Strike team (\Mace) are a little difficult to take seriously given their shellacking, for example. And nobody remembers Drallig despite the various accolades he's got...

DarthAnt66
rofl

Beniboybling
What visions of the future does Kreia have off-nexus that > Sidious?

Zampanó

Off the top of my head, she shuts down Mandalore pretty hard on Duxun, iirc

Nephthys

She told me you'd ask that.

Beniboybling
She told me you'd ask that. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/1341734200.gif

@Zamp, I know what you're referring to. However the issue is we can't be sure she had that vision in that moment (which seems unlikely) or was recalling a vision she had had in the past, on Malachor.

Kreia says she "Many things do I see here, from the heart of Malachor." - implying she has seen things in the past, and among the visions she goes on to tell the Exile is the future of the Mandalorians, implying she got in from there.

And pretty much all of her most impressive foresight feats come from that scene, implication being that she is how she can see so far into the future.

That said the visions she has e.g. the fall of the Mandalorians, death of Jango Fett, rise of the Galactic Empire, Great Galactic War etc. are pretty fantastically unprecedented, even if on a nexus, so there is grounds for saying she has better precog than Palpy. mmm

ChaosTheory123
Precog's more like seeing a few moves into the future and being able to react accordingly

Clairvoyance on the other hand is something like reading the ending of a book before you even read the rest of it

I generally treat them as separate powers, so not sure you can compare her precog by using clairvoyance as a gauge :hmm

Suppose it depends on how you guys handle prescience feats in general though

The_Tempest
Z., we were just discussing feats here, not precognition, and I'll cite Beni's posts.

I'm just asking if Bane's "speed feat" is indicative of enormous power or standing, especially relative to other greats. Because that seems to imply that feats indicate standing.

Palpatine's feats vastly outstrip Kreia's. So does that in turn mean Palpatine vastly outstrips Kreia?

Nephthys
I doubt anyone questions Palpatines immense superiority to Kreia, brosky.

The_Tempest
I doubt anyone questions Palpatines immense superiority to Kreia, brosky.

Well I agree that no one should, but I suspect they do. And I suspect these heretics walk among us, even now.

ermm

Pyron_Knight
I don't understand this quote. Kreia's alignment is Neutral because she's Neutral. What makes you think it's a technique or ability?

AncientPower
Back on topic, I'd place Bane's power on FE Malgus tier. I would also say Bane's skill is about Ventress tier.

Beniboybling
I don't understand this quote. Kreia's alignment is Neutral because she's Neutral. What makes you think it's a technique or ability? Pretty sure Kreia was DS but just masking her presence. mmm

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by AncientPower
Back on topic, I'd place Bane's power on FE Malgus tier. I would also say Bane's skill is about Ventress tier.

thumb up

Beniboybling
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.