DoE Bane vs. RoT Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pyron_Knight
While DOE Bane is feeling the ravages of age, he's got greater skill and intellect.

With Orbelisks though, RoT Bane has raw power and great defense.

Who is stronger?

I suppose DOE Bane could just fry his younger self since we know that is effective. However I'm more curious if people feel there is a drastic difference between them, like if you think age had significantly weakened Bane or the Orbelisks' significantly enhanced him.

FreshestSlice
Bane himself already said he was more powerful before. This thread doesn't need to be a thing.

Pyron_Knight
Where did he say that? I don't remember that line.

carthage
It depends on if Bane opts for lightning. ROT Bane would shitstomp his older inferior self in a duel rather easily. He was fighting off scores or Sith assassins, overwhelmed ROT Zannah, and his armor makes him more or less invulnerable to Old Man Bane's Lightsaber. DOE Bane is also slower with Orbalisk Bane capable of blitzing Sith Assassins, appearing to wield 12 Lightsabers, forming a whirlwind with his blade, and being able to make his blade appear everywhere at once. DOE Bane May or may not be more powerful though, ROT Bane could reduce Drexls to ash and shatter the collective force barrier of Sith assassins so he's potent when he needs to be.

Id back Orbalisk Bane more often than not

Emperordmb
DOE Bane, faster, more powerful, more skilled, GG.

Trocity
RoT Bane.

Nephthys
I have them at about equal. DoE Bane has the more sophisticated fencing style and is faster but the orbalisks are too ****in' strong. Either RoT Bane will just beat DoE in sabers or DoE will manage to blast him with lightning under his guard.

McP
Originally posted by carthage
It depends on if Bane opts for lightning.

Even if he will, still hard to tell. Even Zannah was able to defend herself against his FL with moderate difficulty.

NewGuy01
RoT Bane isn't less skilled than DoE Bane in significant way; he's kindof like a Savage Opress-type, whose weakness is his lack of focus whilst in his rages more than a lack of aptitude. Is his style less sophisticated as a result? Sure, but his baseline skill is probably not dramatically different.

Regardless that difference doesn't make up for the fact that a good ~85-90% of Bane's body is completely impervious to lightsabers. Or the fact that, per the RoT novel, both his physical capabilities and strength in the dark side are bolstered as a result of the Orbalisks. You can argue it all day, but the fact remains that RoT Bane has all of the best TK feats, FL feats, strength feats, and speed feats of the trilogy. Call it coincidence if you want, but he wins.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Nephthys
I have them at about equal. DoE Bane has the more sophisticated fencing style and is faster but the orbalisks are too ****in' strong. Either RoT Bane will just beat DoE in sabers or DoE will manage to blast him with lightning under his guard.
Eh, DOE Bane can also defend his body against lightsaber strikes by throwing a lightning cocoon around his body that can stop lightsaber strikes, something that while drugged took him less time to do then it took Zannah to make one strike with her blade.

Deronn_solo
Orbalisk Bane.

red8
Originally posted by Emperordmb
DOE Bane, faster, more powerful, more skilled, GG.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.