#ForceForDaniel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ForceForDaniel

I'm bringing this to the attention of EU / Versus guys.

Information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbaGfDCoojc

tl;dr: It's a Star Wars fan's dying wish to see TFA. Make it happen.

Please sign here: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ForceForDaniel

After you sign they ask for money. Decline. It goes to the website not him.

Aurbere
Signed. thumb up

NewGuy01
Inb4 he leaks the plot,

Nah I'm just kidding. Disney doesn't even trust the dead with this film's plot, he won't see it.

DarthAnt66
Abrahams let a Star Trek fan watch his film as a dying request.

It's worth a shot, at least.

NewGuy01
TFA is so different lol. The security Disney has on the plot is unreal.

If they let him see it, he'll have to sign a contract agreeing to be shot when the movie ends.

Trocity
Signed, thanks for sharing.

Hope he gets to see it.

Jmanghan
Bumps.

All the bumps.

In fact, this thread should be pinned.

Darth Thor
He shouldn't worry about it when he's dying. It's only a film and might even end up disappointing him.

DarthAnt66
WE DID IT!

http://mic.com/articles/128053/forcefordaniel-daniel-fleetwood-gets-his-wish-to-see-star-wars-film

Suck it Sasukedc. thumb up

Jmanghan
Good for him. This really is beautiful.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Darth Thor
He shouldn't worry about it when he's dying. It's only a film and might even end up disappointing him.
Pretty ironic given the amount of time and effort you've put into proving how great Star Wars is and how important it is to you to some random on the internet.

Tzeentch
He shouldn't worry about it when he's dying. It's only a film and might even end up disappointing him. He's dying. ...what else is there to worry about.

DarthAnt66
The bisexual invasion on American principles and values.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Pretty ironic given the amount of time and effort you've put into proving how great Star Wars is and how important it is to you to some random on the internet.

Yeah Star Wars is a big part of my free time in my life. Not denying it. But Ep.7 is just one film end of the day. It's not the most important thing when it comes to life and death. It'll be great if he gets to watch it. Just not the worst thing if he doesn't.

Fact is some people who are really hyped to watch this movie will die unexpectedly before this movie's released. I doubt the biggest tragedy in their scenario will be missing Ep.7.

FreshestSlice
Yeah, he should spend his time enjoying what he has left with the people most important to him. Doing something they both love together. Oh wait....

Jmanghan
I can't imagine how pissed Disney will be if he survives past his death date though.

If it turns out that he makes it past December 18th, you can guarantee they'll send a hitman after him.

Darth Thor
Yeah, he should spend his time enjoying what he has left with the people most important to him. Doing something they both love together. Oh wait....

Well fair enough. Just read his Wife got to see it with him. I assumed it would have been a sole screening for him.

Originally posted by Jmanghan
I can't imagine how pissed Disney will be if he survives past his death date though.

Doubt they will pissed if that happens.

Q99

If it turns out that he makes it past December 18th, you can guarantee they'll send a hitman after him.

Or, alternatively, "our movie has healing powers!".

NewGuy01
LOL thumb up

Q99
A bit more seriously, glad to see a fan get to have one of his wishes fulfilled. Cancer sucks.

carthage
Glad to hear he'll get to see it.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by carthage
Glad to hear he'll get to see it. Already saw it, I think.

Selenial
Just a bump to say Daniel passed away last night, thank you to anyone who signed to fulfill his last wish.

|King Joker|
Wow, he got to watch it right in the nick of time. So glad he got to see it.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Selenial
Just a bump to say Daniel passed away last night, thank you to anyone who signed to fulfill his last wish.

Well full respect to Disney/Lucasfilm for letting him watch it.

RIP Daniel.

quanchi112
Yeah Star Wars is a big part of my free time in my life. Not denying it. But Ep.7 is just one film end of the day. It's not the most important thing when it comes to life and death. It'll be great if he gets to watch it. Just not the worst thing if he doesn't.

Fact is some people who are really hyped to watch this movie will die unexpectedly before this movie's released. I doubt the biggest tragedy in their scenario will be missing Ep.7. You don't get to determine what's of value to others. You only speak for yourself. I'm glad he got to see it. This mattered to him. Do not speak for other people. Ever.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Selenial
Just a bump to say Daniel passed away last night, thank you to anyone who signed to fulfill his last wish. thumb up

FreshestSlice
He blocked you, though, so he'll never see that.

quanchi112
He blocked you, though, so he'll never see that. Others will see the important message that no one has the right to determine the value of anything for someone else. Ever. This mattered to Daniel and for someone to come in and say he should have valued other things is sickening to me.

FreshestSlice
Or you could chill because it was nowhere near that big a deal. That and you can stop using the last wish of dead man as a platform to poke at DP.

quanchi112
Or you could chill because it was nowhere near that big a deal. That and you can stop using the last wish of dead man as a platform to poke at DP. I would never stoop that low and am ultimately happy he did see the film.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by quanchi112
You don't get to determine what's of value to others. You only speak for yourself. I'm glad he got to see it. This mattered to him. Do not speak for other people. Ever. Have to agree on this tbh.

quanchi112
Have to agree on this tbh. thumb up

Darth Thor
Have to agree on this tbh.

Funny because I didn't "determine" what's "of value" to him. I (assuming he wasn't going to get to watch it) just said he shouldn't worry about it too much. And I even said that it'll be great IF he does get to watch it. And I'm glad he did.

Don't feed the Troll, whose using the dying wish of a person whose passed away now to try and attack me. Because that really is pretty sickening tbh.

Jmanghan
Funny because I didn't "determine" what's "of value" to him. I (assuming he wasn't going to get to watch it) just said he shouldn't worry about it too much. And I even said that it'll be great IF he does get to watch it. And I'm glad he did.

Don't feed the Troll, whose using the dying wish of a person whose passed away now to try and attack me. Because that really is pretty sickening tbh.

You just shouldn't have said it...

Like, at all.

It was disrespectful and you know it was. I'm not attacking you, but as a human being with a sense of right and wrong, you knew that wasn't ok to say.

Jmanghan
Anyway, the point is, he got to see it before he passed away, thats what matters.

FreshestSlice
It was disrespectful and you know it was. I'm not attacking you, but as a human being with a sense of right and wrong, you knew that wasn't ok to say.
There was absolutely nothing morally wrong with saying prioritize, and the only one being not okay was quan for using it to troll DP, and you for supporting him being a total dick for no reason. Star Wars is a movie. No matter how much you love it, and no matter how close you are to the end of your life, it will always be just a movie. Someone saying, "Maybe you should do something else," is unneeded advice at worst.

Jmanghan
There was absolutely nothing morally wrong with saying prioritize, and the only one being not okay was quan for using it to troll DP, and you for supporting him being a total dick for no reason. Star Wars is a movie. No matter how much you love it, and no matter how close you are to the end of your life, it will always be just a movie. Someone saying, "Maybe you should do something else," is unneeded advice at worst. To someone whose dying wish was to see that movie? No, its just ****ed up.

He wasn't insulting towards Darth Thor in any way, so I didn't see anything wrong with what he said.

Even quan isn't that much of a scumbag to use someones death as a means to troll someone. It didn't even look like that.

Jmanghan
It was obviously more to THEM then just a movie.

I'd see myself doing something similar of I had a dying wish, there's nothing wrong with it.

Now, I can kinda see where he's coming from, but the way he worded it made it sound like he was saying "Thats totally irresponsible for you to want to see that movie as your dying wish, you shoulda done something different."

FreshestSlice
To someone whose dying wish was to see that movie? No, its just ****ed up.

No, it's not. The fact that it's someone's dying wish doesn't somehow make it more valuable. It just made Disney more likely to listen.

Well ignoring that all he did was insult DP, he also follows him around the forum and insults his every opinion on everything.

Yes. Yes, he really is.

That's amazing how all you'd think about is a movie when you die. DP was telling him to spend time with his family, because in case you didn't actually read, he didn't know he was doing this with his wife.

Yeah, maybe if you don't know the English language.

Darth Thor
^ Thanks FS

Even quan isn't that much of a scumbag to use someones death as a means to troll someone. It didn't even look like that.

I think you may be underestimating Quan's need to Troll me and troll people in general.

But Honestly Jmanghan I wouldn't insult a dying man. It was nothing more than honest to God advice for the guy. Not really sure how my words can be interpreted as insulting to him tbh. Maybe it was bad advice, but hey I'm only human.

And I already said (before Quanchi began posting on this thread) that I'm glad he got to see it. I also admitted before that I misinterpreted the situation.

quanchi112
You just shouldn't have said it...

Like, at all.

It was disrespectful and you know it was. I'm not attacking you, but as a human being with a sense of right and wrong, you knew that wasn't ok to say. I wasn't trolling him but simply saying I glad the guy got the chance to see Star Wars and no one has the right to determine what's of value to anyone other than his or herself. You understood my point perfectly well. thumb up

quanchi112
There was absolutely nothing morally wrong with saying prioritize, and the only one being not okay was quan for using it to troll DP, and you for supporting him being a total dick for no reason. Star Wars is a movie. No matter how much you love it, and no matter how close you are to the end of your life, it will always be just a movie. Someone saying, "Maybe you should do something else," is unneeded advice at worst. It wasn't just a movie to him. Your perceptions are only your own not daniel's. Daniel loved Star Wars and this clearly mattered whether it's a film or not. Your opinion of value is only your own not anyone else's.

EmperorSidious2
Ok I have to agree with DP and FS on this. Star Wars is just a movie. I love Harry Potter almost as much as I love my family but still at the end of the day it's just a movie. I'm glad Daniel got to see it before he was tragically taken away from this world, but DP wasn't in the wrong. In fact I would say he was right. There are other things more important things like family, or getting all your affairs in order, with family, friends or others. I'm glad he got to see the film but to say DP is wrong, is wrong.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Ok I have to agree with DP and FS on this. Star Wars is just a movie. I love Harry Potter almost as much as I love my family but still at the end of the day it's just a movie. I'm glad Daniel got to see it before he was tragically taken away from this world, but DP wasn't in the wrong. In fact I would say he was right. There are other things more important things like family, or getting all your affairs in order, with family, friends or others. I'm glad he got to see the film but to say DP is wrong, is wrong.
That kinda kills the credibility of everything else you were trying to say in that paragraph tbh

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Emperordmb
That kinda kills the credibility of everything else you were trying to say in that paragraph tbh

I'm emphasizing that something I like n that regard it's still just a film at the end of the day and not as much as my family, that's just to emphasize, but something that I really like.

Raptor22
I wasn't trolling him but simply saying I glad the guy got the chance to see Star Wars and no one has the right to determine what's of value to anyone other than his or herself. You understood my point perfectly well. thumb up u were obviously trolling him. Denying ur true intentions simply makes u look weak

quanchi112
Originally posted by Raptor22
u were obviously trolling him. Denying ur true intentions simply makes u look weak No, I wasn't. I value anyone's right to determine what matters to them. Anyone inserting what they really meant is something I find truly reprehensible.

Raptor22
Ok. And in what way did darth thor giving his opinion on the importance of seeing it prevent anyone from determining what matters to them, or take away their rights to decide?

quanchi112
Ok. And in what way did darth thor giving his opinion on the importance of seeing it prevent anyone from determining what matters to them, or take away their rights to decide? Downplaying the significance of the film to him and acting like it's only a movie and he should be doing so and so.

Raptor22
Downplaying the significance of the film to him and acting like it's only a movie and he should be doing so and so. Ok. And in what way did darth thor giving his opinion on the importance of seeing it prevent anyone from determining what matters to them, or take away their rights to decide?

quanchi112
Ok. And in what way did darth thor giving his opinion on the importance of seeing it prevent anyone from determining what matters to them, or take away their rights to decide? He inserted his own opinion for Daniel's. Daniel determines his own intrinsic value and Darth Thor only speaks for himself.

Raptor22
He inserted his own opinion for Daniel's. Daniel determines his own intrinsic value and Darth Thor only speaks for himself. Ok. And in what way did darth thor giving his opinion on the importance of seeing it prevent anyone from determining what matters to them, or take away their rights to decide?

quanchi112
Ok. And in what way did darth thor giving his opinion on the importance of seeing it prevent anyone from determining what matters to them, or take away their rights to decide? He diminished daniel's when he said what he ought to care about.

Jmanghan
^ Thanks FS

I think you may be underestimating Quan's need to Troll me and troll people in general.

But Honestly Jmanghan I wouldn't insult a dying man. It was nothing more than honest to God advice for the guy. Not really sure how my words can be interpreted as insulting to him tbh. Maybe it was bad advice, but hey I'm only human.

And I already said (before Quanchi began posting on this thread) that I'm glad he got to see it. I also admitted before that I misinterpreted the situation. I have no grudge against you, dude.

You're cool, just disagreed with you on that one point, no need to apologize.

I was having a bad day as well.

Raptor22
He diminished daniel's when he said what he ought to care about. so he cant have and/or state an opinion different than yours or his without diminishing the value of it?

Youve said thor doesn't have the right to determine whats important to someone. Thor didnt have any sway or power over daniels decision and in no way was determining anything for him. Since when does voicing an opinion take away someones rights to determine something on their own.

The fact of the matter is u saw a comment from DT that was at most insensitive and took it as a chance to troll him.

U then hypocritically throw around words like sickening and reprehensible, while at the same time u are using a mans death to troll another member.

Then when freshslice calls u out on it, u dont even have the character to stand behind what u did and either apologize or defend your actions, instead u deny it and fumble around trying to come up with anything that will make it seem like what he said was worse than what was actually said. Reprehensible and sickening indeed.

Trocity
He is still reeling from Khan running away from Spock. It has messed with his mind, his troll game is slipping.

quanchi112
so he cant have and/or state an opinion different than yours or his without diminishing the value of it?

Youve said thor doesn't have the right to determine whats important to someone. Thor didnt have any sway or power over daniels decision and in no way was determining anything for him. Since when does voicing an opinion take away someones rights to determine something on their own.

The fact of the matter is u saw a comment from DT that was at most insensitive and took it as a chance to troll him.

U then hypocritically throw around words like sickening and reprehensible, while at the same time u are using a mans death to troll another member.

Then when freshslice calls u out on it, u dont even have the character to stand behind what u did and either apologize or defend your actions, instead u deny it and fumble around trying to come up with anything that will make it seem like what he said was worse than what was actually said. Reprehensible and sickening indeed. There was no need to say how other people viewed the movie that's the point. Great for Daniel is all that needed to be said. I'm happy for Daniel. Period. My stance and comments have always been consistent.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Trocity
He is still reeling from Khan running away from Spock. It has messed with his mind, his troll game is slipping. So if you see a guy with a gun while you're unarmed you'd run right at him. That's silly and Khan did the right thing. You don't run at guys with guns. laughing out loud

Raptor22
There was no need to say how other people viewed the movie that's the point. Great for Daniel is all that needed to be said. I'm happy for Daniel. Period. My stance and comments have always been consistent. whether u think its needed or not is just ur opinion. And guess what thor is entitled to his opinion on the matter as well. While pretending to champion daniels rights u hypocritically attempted to trample on thors for no other reason than an attempt to troll him.

And thats not the point. The point is u tried to warp DT's comment into something more than it was, twisted and flat out lied about the implications of his comment and tried using the boards politically correct views on a dying man seeing a movie as a means to troll and/or embarass thor.

Your stance hasent even been close to consistant. Just on this page you've changed ur stance from thor was somehow deciding and determining for daniel what matters to him to it was just an unneeded comment in your opinion.

U can continue to respond, but this isnt a debate. Its an assessment of ur character based off of ur actions in this thread. And its pretty undeniable.

FreshestSlice
Except for all those people on the Vengeance, apparently, or do those not count for quanas**** reasons?

quanchi112
Except for all those people on the Vengeance, apparently, or do those not count for quanas**** reasons? Nothing you say changed the common sense approach that if you see someone with a gun while you're unarmed to go the other way.

quanchi112
whether u think its needed or not is just ur opinion. And guess what thor is entitled to his opinion on the matter as well. While pretending to champion daniels rights u hypocritically attempted to trample on thors for no other reason than an attempt to troll him.

And thats not the point. The point is u tried to warp DT's comment into something more than it was, twisted and flat out lied about the implications of his comment and tried using the boards politically correct views on a dying man seeing a movie as a means to troll and/or embarass thor.

Your stance hasent even been close to consistant. Just on this page you've changed ur stance from thor was somehow deciding and determining for daniel what matters to him to it was just an unneeded comment in your opinion.

U can continue to respond, but this isnt a debate. Its an assessment of ur character based off of ur actions in this thread. And its pretty undeniable. It was not the appropriate time to voice his own opinion because it undermined Daniel's choice. My point has always been the same despite your obsession with continuing to go over it again and again.

DarthAnt66
NGL, I agree with Quan.

Raptor22
It was not the appropriate time to voice his own opinion because it undermined Daniel's choice. My point has always been the same despite your obsession with continuing to go over it again and again. how is saying DT doesnt have the right to determine whats of value to others, like u said a few times earlier, which in no way did he do, equal to- it was an inappropriate time to voice his opinion like ur saying now.

Was it an inappropriate time to voice it? Probably

Did he somehow have even the slighest control over determining anything for him like u attributed to him and condemned him for? Not in the slightest

quanchi112
how is saying DT doesnt have the right to determine whats of value to others, like u said a few times earlier, which in no way did he do, equal to- it was an inappropriate time to voice his opinion like ur saying now.

Was it an inappropriate time to voice it? Probably

Did he somehow have even the slighest control over determining anything for him like u attributed to him and condemned him for? Not in the slightest In another thread maybe but not after Daniel got his wish and passed away. It was Daniel's with not Darth Thor's. It came off as disrespectful.

I am big on personal choices and not voicing mine when the time isn't right especially in light of a dying person's wish.

Raptor22
In another thread maybe but not after Daniel got his wish and passed away. It was Daniel's with not Darth Thor's. It came off as disrespectful.

I am big on personal choices and not voicing mine when the time isn't right especially in light of a dying person's wish. thats all well and good, and i agreed it probably wasnt the right time and place, but it in no way adresses the qualities u attributed to thors comments earlier in the thread, that werent applicable, and r completly different than what ur saying now.

quanchi112
thats all well and good, and i agreed it probably wasnt the right time and place, but it in no way adresses the qualities u attributed to thors comments earlier in the thread, that werent applicable, and r completly different than what ur saying now. So you agree with me, ironically. Yes, they were. Let it go. Seriously.

Raptor22
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
NGL, I agree with Quan. if u really think that quan and thors constant rivalry had no part to play in his comments, and was just some righteous championing of percieved oppression, then i have some really nice ocean front property in kansas that id like to sell u if ur interested.

Raptor22
So you agree with me, ironically. Yes, they were. Let it go. Seriously. i agree with ur reasonable stance ur taking now. Not the things u said earlier which were just as inappropriate and out of place as his comment.

Hell im even willing to admit that our little back and forth here, in this thread, including my part in it is probably completely inappropriate going by ur average social protocols. The difference is that 1 i honestly dont care and 2 at least im honest about it. Your holier than thou, everyone is inappropriate but im just righteous attitude is laughable at best.

quanchi112
i agree with ur reasonable stance ur taking now. Not the things u said earlier which were just as inappropriate and out of place as his comment.

Hell im even willing to admit that our little back and forth here, in this thread, including my part in it is probably completely inappropriate going by ur average social protocols. The difference is that 1 i honestly dont care and 2 at least im honest about it. Your holier than thou, everyone is inappropriate but im just righteous attitude is laughable at best. I have stated my opinion which you agreed with. I'm glad you admit your actions are wrong here and unnecessary and its best to let it go.

Raptor22
I have stated my opinion which you agreed with. I'm glad you admit your actions are wrong here and unnecessary and its best to let it go. so ur just going to act here like u do in every other thread. Pulling the so u agree with me card and ignoring the rest.. Seeing only what u want, ignoring ur statements from before, refusing to aknowledge them or take any responsibility and always wanting to get the last word in. U keep saying to let it go, yet u yourself can not. Kind of ironic when ur preaching respect and a supposed moral high ground.

Ill suggest u take your own advice and let it go.

DarthAnt66
Dude, stop ****ing posting, like god damn.

FreshestSlice
No, son. Let him continue. He's an even better anti-quan than ES2.

quanchi112
so ur just going to act here like u do in every other thread. Pulling the so u agree with me card and ignoring the rest.. Seeing only what u want, ignoring ur statements from before, refusing to aknowledge them or take any responsibility and always wanting to get the last word in. U keep saying to let it go, yet u yourself can not. Kind of ironic when ur preaching respect and a supposed moral high ground.

Ill suggest u take your own advice and let it go. You agreed with me, then misrepresented earlier posts, and in my infinite mercy I have granted you a pardon. Take it before I change my mind.

Raptor22
You agreed with me, then misrepresented earlier posts, and in my infinite mercy I have granted you a pardon. Take it before I change my mind. i really appreciate u confirming the things i said in my last post by posting again after i posted this-

"always wanting to get the last word in. U keep saying to let it go, yet u yourself can not. Kind of ironic when ur preaching respect and a supposed moral high ground.

Ill suggest u take your own advice and let it go." raptor22

That guy really seemed to know what he was talking about.

quanchi112
i really appreciate u confirming the things i said in my last post by posting again after i posted this-

"always wanting to get the last word in. U keep saying to let it go, yet u yourself can not. Kind of ironic when ur preaching respect and a supposed moral high ground.

Ill suggest u take your own advice and let it go." raptor22

That guy really seemed to know what he was talking about. You agreed with me. It's fine but you're clearly upset. I'm clearly fine. Let it go, hater.

Raptor22
You agreed with me. It's fine but you're clearly upset. I'm clearly fine. Let it go, hater. is that desperation i smell. reaching kind of deep into that old bag of tricks of yours huh. The old ur upset line. I was glad u posted again. It showed your hypocrisy about not letting it go quite nicely, and was a nice demonstration on ur part of highlighting your obsession to win an argument and get the last word in as being more important to u than whatever respect and appropriateness u were preaching earlier.

quanchi112
is that desperation i smell. reaching kind of deep into that old bag of tricks of yours huh. The old ur upset line. I was glad u posted again. It showed your hypocrisy about not letting it go quite nicely, and was a nice demonstration on ur part of highlighting your obsession to win an argument and get the last word in as being more important to u than whatever respect and appropriateness u were preaching earlier. My ways of getting the last word in are chronicled. You agreed with me and are just emotionally charged up for some reason.

Raptor22
My ways of getting the last word in are chronicled. You agreed with me and are just emotionally charged up for some reason. u getting the last word in just proves what ive been saying about u. So by all means keep going and continue to prove me right.

quanchi112
u getting the last word in just proves what ive been saying about u. So by all means keep going and continue to prove me right. I have never denied I like getting the last word in.

Darth Thor
Anyway RIP Daniel.

Sorry if I derailed your respect thread dude. But who knows maybe you're having at good laugh at it in Heaven.

FreshestSlice
God knows I'm having a good laugh about it on Earth.

ILS
ayy lmao

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.