Mace & Yoda VS Sheev & Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AncientPower
Reimagining of the duel of the fates.

Scenario:

After subduing Sidious, Master Windu escaped the Chancellor's Office by jumping out of the window as Shatterpoint revealed Anakin's choice. Windu flees via speeder and waits for Master Yoda.

Master Windu informs Yoda of Anakin's treachery and Palpatine's power, united they go to the Senate Chamber to destroy the Sith once and for all.

Rules:

Darth Vader is post-Knightfall.
The Senior Council Members have the above prep and info.
The teams start from opposite ends.
The Shrine under the Jedi Temple is non-existent.
No external amps.
All-out fight.

Setting: Senate Chamber.

Bonus:
Assuming the Jedi lose the fight, they get Kit Fisto.
Assuming the Sith lose the fight, Vader is now as of Lords of the Sith.

quanchi112
Mace and Yoda every single time. Vader is the weak link.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by quanchi112
Mace and Yoda every single time. Vader is the weak link.

thumb up

Emperordmb
Damn it! Right when I thought we had lost you.

FreshestSlice
Team 2

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Emperordmb

I had to make a new screen name in june and I already have more posts then you..I am the life of the forum. Just be happy I'm here and I like talking star wars.

ares834
Is Vaapad's loop considered an external amp?

If so, then Sith win. Even when Fisto is added.

If not Jedi win round 1 but lose round 2.

AncientPower
Vaapad is internal so it is allowed, you might have to argue it having the same level of effectiveness this time around however.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ares834
Jedi win round 1 but lose round 2.

carthage
Sith take both

quanchi112
Originally posted by carthage
Sith take both Based on ?

EmperorSidious2
I'm not sure if Anakin by this point could take Windu for a majority. If this was him during his last battle with Dooku it would be better.

I say the Jedi win round 1

Sith win round 2

Darth Thor
Actually changing my stance. Since it's LOTS Vader in round 2, and not Rebels/OT Vader, I give both rounds to the Jedi. Though round 2 will be with great difficulty.

quanchi112
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
I'm not sure if Anakin by this point could take Windu for a majority. If this was him during his last battle with Dooku it would be better.

I say the Jedi win round 1

Sith win round 2 Windu has always been superior to Anakin.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Emperordmb

LOL unfortunately he's not that easy to shake.

McP
Sith, barely

quanchi112
Originally posted by McP
Sith, barely What makes you say so when Vader is the weak link ?

McP
Well, short after Knightfall was still in the same league with Mace and Dooku, perhaps even above. End even if we assume, that he's worse then Windu (which I doubt), still, Yoda and Sidious are clearly superiors to them. This time Sidious wont let Windu won, and DS powers are somehow more usefull then LS' in team fights.

quanchi112
Originally posted by McP
Well, short after Knightfall was still in the same league with Mace and Dooku, perhaps even above. End even if we assume, that he's worse then Windu (which I doubt), still, Yoda and Sidious are clearly superiors to them. This time Sidious wont let Windu won, and DS powers are somehow more usefull then LS' in team fights. Sidious never let Windu win. Lucas even states he overpowered him.

EmperorSidious2
Windu has always been superior to Anakin.

Can't agree with that.

quanchi112
Can't agree with that. Based on ?

McP
Your missinterpretation of Lucas' words

ares834
Here we go again...

EmperorSidious2
Based on ?

He beat Dooku however that's not the Anakin here since that was Invisible Hand Anakin.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by McP
Your missinterpretation of Lucas' words

Going to help you out. Don't engage in that debate with Quan. I've done it like 4 times now and he doesn't bring much to the table. He overrated his evidence while ignoring yours so just don't engage in that particular one.

McP
I wont.

quanchi112
Originally posted by McP
Your missinterpretation of Lucas' words He overpowered him does not mean Sidious threw the fight regardless of English being your native language or not.

quanchi112
He beat Dooku however that's not the Anakin here since that was Invisible Hand Anakin. What does that have to do with Mace ?

quanchi112

quanchi112
The edit feature is misbehaving so here is the actual link confirming my claim.

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-starwars-com-10-best-jedi

EmperorSidious2
What does that have to do with Mace ?

Dooku is on Mace level and might take the majority agaisnt him and Anakin is considered a 9 while I think mace needs a boost to get to that level.

quanchi112
Dooku is on Mace level and might take the majority agaisnt him and Anakin is considered a 9 while I think mace needs a boost to get to that level. Mace beat Sidious. Anakin can't. Kenobi was sent after Anakin because he wasn't good enough to challenge Palpatine. Mace is at the top of the mountain while Dooku just recently canonically got embarrassed by Vos.

ares834

EmperorSidious2
Mace beat Sidious. Anakin can't. Kenobi was sent after Anakin because he wasn't good enough to challenge Palpatine. Mace is at the top of the mountain while Dooku just recently canonically got embarrassed by Vos.

You can't examine battles correctly so until you can you no longer have a say.m

quanchi112

quanchi112
You can't examine battles correctly so until you can you no longer have a say.m Disney confirms Windu won as does the film. Lucas also admits he overpowered him which out him at Windu's mercy.

ares834
Yoda is more powerful. I've always said as much but my mountain is formidability. Two UFC guys can fight but the most powerful or strongest guy doesn't always win. smile

So you rank characters on formidability? Interesting.

Darth Thor
So you rank characters on formidability? Interesting.

Yes very interesting. Try ranking Anakin, Obi-Wan and Dooku in terms of "formidability."

quanchi112
So you rank characters on formidability? Interesting. I view formidability at a higher value than raw power in a fight.

ares834
Cool. Then that means you think Vader would kick Maul's ass in a duel and leave him begging for mercy once again.

After all, we see Palpatine kick Maul's ass and Vader is said to be "equally formidable" to Palpatine

yes

Vader>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Maul

quanchi112
Cool. Then that means you think Vader would kick Maul's ass in a duel and leave him begging for mercy once again.

After all, we see Palpatine kick Maul's ass and Vader is said to be "equally formidable" to Palpatine

yes

Vader>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Maul Vader never shows himself to be equally formidable to Vader. I go based off the evidence. Vader wasn't even good enough to skill wise defeat an older Kenobi until he gave up.

Maul is more formidable due to his speed and maneuverability advantage.

ares834
So you ignore evidence that you don't like or that goes against your own preconceived notions.

Quanchi's favorite debating tactic everybody! Time for us all to put him on ignore.

Darth Thor
So you ignore evidence that you don't like or that goes against your own preconceived notions.

Quanchi's favorite debating tactic everybody! Time for us all to put him on ignore.

Funny he didn't even bother asking you for your source and just jumped straight into the Trolling laughing out loud

Vixas
Vader never shows himself to be equally formidable to Vader. I go based off the evidence. Vader wasn't even good enough to skill wise defeat an older Kenobi until he gave up.

Maul is more formidable due to his speed and maneuverability advantage.

Vader is not equal to Vader? Interesting theory, do tell.

Deronn_solo
Top-KEK.

Trocity
it was said he would destroy the sith not destroy them

quanchi112

Quanchi's favorite debating tactic everybody! Time for us all to put him on ignore. What evidence from the films supports Vader was as formidable as Palpatine ? The duel against Obi Wan showed he held no advantage. Is Kenobi just as formidable as Palpatine ?

We also see Palpatine is far, far faster and can actually use fl. Can Vader ? Why do you even act like you have your own opinion when it's clear other people's opinions and not the evidence dictates yours.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Vixas
Vader is not equal to Vader? Interesting theory, do tell. vader isn't equal to Palpatine. Follow along with the conversation don't let one typo trip you up.

NewGuy01
The duel against Obi Wan showed he held no advantage.

So he's in the same boat as Maul. Happy Dance

Vader moves faster than him in LotS. Happy Dance

Can Maul? Happy Dance

|King Joker|
http://www.sharegif.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/winkthe-knifetooth-for-an-eye.gif

quanchi112
Originally posted by NewGuy01
So he's in the same boat as Maul. Happy Dance

Vader moves faster than him in LotS. Happy Dance

Can Maul? Happy Dance Maul has always held an advantage over Kenobi.

That's hyperbolic wank not real time.

No, but Maul isn't slow like Vader is.

Happy Dance

Trocity
>Vader moved faster than Sidious
>hyperbole

So they said Vader moved faster than Sidious and exaggerated to show that... Vader was really moving slower than Sidious.

AncientPower
Quan, Legends feats take precedence in this thread.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Trocity
>hyperbole

So they said Vader moved faster than Sidious and exaggerated to show that... Vader was really moving slower than Sidious.

laughing out loud

He's again not even bothering to ask for the evidence to analyse it, but instead just jumps straight in with his Troll response.

The_Tempest
I completely disagree with Quan's ranking of SW characters... But where is Vader said to be equally formidable to Sidious?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by The_Tempest
But where is Vader said to be equally formidable to Sidious?

The question Quan should have asked before giving his Trollsome response.

Nai
Vader never shows himself to be equally formidable to Vader.

Quan's abilities in terms of logic and reason in a nutshell... thumb up

FreshestSlice
You know for a second I thought that was just you two being cheeky-ass mofos. Then I looked up.

ares834
Originally posted by The_Tempest
I completely disagree with Quan's ranking of SW characters... But where is Vader said to be equally formidable to Sidious?

One of the Topps cards. stick out tongue

Darth Thor
Well that's that then. Vader's as formidable as Vader and Palpatine

Darth Thor
>hyperbole

Just realized, Vos beating Dooku was hyperbole Happy Dance

quanchi112
>hyperbole

So they said Vader moved faster than Sidious and exaggerated to show that... Vader was really moving slower than Sidious. Post the quote then. I've seen Vader move in real time much slower than Palpatine in real time. That's quantifiable.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nai
Quan's abilities in terms of logic and reason in a nutshell... thumb up Yeah, a typo but since this is all you have this is all you respond to making it clear you have nothing.

EmperorSidious2
Post the quote then. I've seen Vader move in real time much slower than Palpatine in real time. That's quantifiable.

Can't take the choreography at face value. Especially during the OT. They are meant to be much faster.

quanchi112
Can't take the choreography at face value. Especially during the OT. They are meant to be much faster. Luke wasn't abnormally slow. Vader is slow as he is slow in rebels. Slow and powerful like he's a,ways been portrayed.

EmperorSidious2
Luke wasn't abnormally slow. Vader is slow as he is slow in rebels. Slow and powerful like he's a,ways been portrayed.

Luke was meant to be faster. All the characters are. The technology back then made that impossible. Vader isn't slow. Read some canon novels like Lords of the Sith or The Dark Lord the rise of Darth Vader.

quanchi112
Luke was meant to be faster. All the characters are. The technology back then made that impossible. Vader isn't slow. Read some canon novels like Lords of the Sith or The Dark Lord the rise of Darth Vader. So you admit Luke was faster because he was portrayed as faster not that Vader's speed was impossible to portray.

Watch him on rebels. Same slow and powerful guy.

EmperorSidious2
So you admit Luke was faster because he was portrayed as faster not that Vader's speed was impossible to portray.

Watch him on rebels. Same slow and powerful guy.

Did you miss the part where I said he was meant to be faster or are you just stupid. I personally think both.

Again meant to be faster. Also with that you must say Kanan and Ezra are slow because he showed no problem keeping up with them, or Luke since he could keep up with Luke and you pride yourself on using the choreography. You must think Vader is faster than all of them or at that level since he could keep up.

quanchi112
Did you miss the part where I said he was meant to be faster or are you just stupid. I personally think both.

Again meant to be faster. Also with that you must say Kanan and Ezra are slow because he showed no problem keeping up with them, or Luke since he could keep up with Luke and you pride yourself on using the choreography. You must think Vader is faster than all of them or at that level since he could keep up. No need to insult you crossed the line.

Luke was fine as faster since the effects show it was possible Vader was just slower. They are unskilled or inferior to Vader in both dueling and force powers.

Luke crushed Vader. laughing out loud

EmperorSidious2
No need to insult you crossed the line.

Luke was fine as faster since the effects show it was possible Vader was just slower. They are unskilled or inferior to Vader in both dueling and force powers.

Luke crushed Vader. laughing out loud

What line? There is no line with you.

I'm sorry but Luke wasn't fast. At all. Those are movements acrobats can do, or many other people. Vader isn't slow. He just uses his speed in different ways to equip his fighting style.

1) Not due to speed.
2) Vader defintlly allowed him to win or just didn't fight back agisnst his own son.

quanchi112
What line? There is no line with you.

I'm sorry but Luke wasn't fast. At all. Those are movements acrobats can do, or many other people. Vader isn't slow. He just uses his speed in different ways to equip his fighting style.

1) Not due to speed.
2) Vader defintlly allowed him to win or just didn't fight back agisnst his own son. You crossed the line.

Luke was fast and portrayed as fast. Watch his jump and his hand movements. Vader is slow and nowhere near as manuverable as Luke.

1) yes.
2). Prove it.

Deronn_solo
Why must you guys molest every thread you're in? I'm utterly disgusted by it, at this point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.