The Inquisitor vs Kas'im

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ILS
Lightsabers only who wins?

Deronn_solo
Kas'im wrecks.

Q99
Kas'im.

Sabers is one area where the New Sith Wars era shouldn't lag much behind, and stuff like two-swords has been seen to give the Inquisitor some trouble.

carthage
Probably the Inquisitor

Tondemonai
I'm just not even sure what to say. Just not even funny how stupid this fight is.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Tondemonai
not even funny how stupid this fight is.

ILS
Poll is pretty close so far, any of you guys want to make some credible arguments?

Nephthys
You want to make a credible thread?

Total Warrior
Kas'im stomps

FreshestSlice
An actual argument would be nice, eventually.

Deronn_solo
Next you'll want niggas to explain what's two plus two, Freshest. Needless to say, the answer is as clear as this thread is.

FreshestSlice
You should have no problem then, homeslice; though I actually doubt you even know why 2 + 2 = 4.

Q99
Kas'im should have more practical experience, and we've seen unconventional can throw the Inquisitor off.

Deronn_solo
Aside from the massive advantage he has in the physical department, and the fact he perfected every move and sequence across all 7 forms in decades time? Inq just being able to use and counter them pales in comparison. He was also considered one of, if not the most skilled duelist in the entire galaxy. He was at very least the most skilled in the Brotherhood alone. Strength in the Force also helps in duels you know, and Kas'im is powerful enough to shield himself from Temple emploding telekinetic repulses on the fly. Inq has zero Force feats on that level, even accounting for the Nexus. Inquisitor is probably the better analysis, but in terms of actual physical dexterity Kas'im is his superior.

And that's kinda the point; 2+2= 4 doesn't need explaining because the end result is obvious. Just like this inbred of a thread. But I can hold one's hand through the process and explain so if they lack the mental capabilities to determain for themselves. smile

Nephthys
The Inquisitor's analysis skills won't help him here at all. It's not like he watched vids of Kas'im to freak him out. And he can't criticise the guys form when he has all of them to the highest degree. And if he tries to brag about his Inquisitor status Kas'im would probably just laugh his ass off. Is he gonna pick out weaknesses in Kas'im' forms which were stated to be perfect? No.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Aside from the massive advantage he has in the physical department, and the fact he perfected every move and sequence across all 7 forms in decades time?

How exactly does Kas'im have a physical advantage. And that's some great hype that doesn't change that the Inquisitor has similar accolades.

Because...?

That's really not that impressive. Given who the Inquisitor would have to content with to be hyped as "the greatest duelist in the galaxy," I hardly consider comparing Kas'im to the Brotherhood of Darkness in any way shape or form a fair comparison.

Bane collapsed the entrance. There was absolutely zero Temple imploding, despite the hype it's constantly given by Neph. erm

Again, I'm wondering exactly why? Besides hype and "teh Force" which contrary to what you said, being strong in the Force won't equate to you being an excellent duelist.

Or you could give some actual feats. That works too. thumb up

Nephthys
"Bane watched the spectacle of the Temple's implosion from the safety of the ground at the foot of the stairs."

You were saying?

FreshestSlice

Nephthys
"Implosion is a process in which objects are destroyed by collapsing (or being squeezed in) on themselves."

Bane didn't just collapse the entrance. It states that the archway collapsed and then the rest of the roof followed suit. Meaning the rest of the temple. The archway itself in no way supports the roof and isn't a support beam of any kind.

FreshestSlice
Or you could use an actual dictionary, like Oxford:
Collapse or cause to collapse violently inward:

A building collapsing is not implosion.

Second, you have no idea how buildings work if you think you can collapse the supporting walls and expect it to stand. The entire point to arches is to support. erm

Deronn_solo
In terms of speed, Kas''im was potrayed as something of an equal to Bane in throwing/parraying half a dozen blows in the spqn of a heartbeat? Or that fact he (IIRC) seemed to weild 6 blades instead of two, in Bane's perspective? I doubt if the Isq has speed feats on this level, if so - mind posting any? As far as strength go....well, he doesn't really have any strength feats aside from meeting someone ws powerful as Bane head on, so I can concede for the lack of evidence there, neither is he floating in endurance/durability/pain tolerance. I stand by speed being fairly in his corner, though.

And sure; the hype is similar; but Kas' is superior

There is a stark difference between being skilled at all forms and knowing counters for them, and mastering all of them, and outright adroitly learning every of moves/sequences to the point to erfection and your skill has been described as virtually immaculate. Kas'im physical mastery in terms of combativeness clearly outstrips his competitor's own, IMO. erm

Fair enough to a certain extent. As Kas'im would not be superior to Sidious or Vader had he been around during the Rebels timelime, either. Regardless, being the most deft duelist in the galaxy/Sith Lord - at any given time - is surely an impressive accolade, even if it doesn't definitively place you above cross-era opposition.

I'm pretty sure it was the entire Temple that was destryoyed in the wake of Bane telekenetic wave, domino effect, or sans it. And even if it did only collapsed the Archway -- it's still easily more impressive than anything Isq has done. mmm

Well, I'm just going by the wording of the author; don't shoot the messenger 'cause Drew's definition of implosions allegedly differs from the norm.. no expression

Because most of the time (granted, they're many exceptions) the more powerful one is in the Force, the more you'll able to call on the Force to boost his senses, physical capabilities and precognition/premonitions. The Bane trilogy in particular, stretches the latter point profusely during the Bane vs Kas'im duel, and during Dessel's Sith training. Obviously it isn't the end all be all, but it helps in the long run during direct confrontations.

Ask, and ye shall receive. excellent

Nephthys
One comparison I thought of: The Inquisitor b*tched out while fighting that beast Ezra set on him. Kas'im took on a Rancor and demolished it.

NewGuy01
Demolished isn't really the word I'd use; took him forever. IIRC he dealt with it oddly; nicked it a couple dozen times until it went down.

Emperordmb
Kas'im would've stomped Pre-Lehon Bane. That's far more than can be said for the inquisitor.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
In terms of speed, Kas''im was potrayed as something of an equal to Bane in throwing/parraying half a dozen blows in the spqn of a heartbeat? Or that fact he (IIRC) seemed to weild 6 blades instead of two, in Bane's perspective? I doubt if the Isq has speed feats on this level, if so - mind posting any? As far as strength go....well, he doesn't really have any strength feats aside from meeting someone ws powerful as Bane head on, so I can concede for the lack of evidence there, neither is he floating in endurance/durability/pain tolerance. I stand by speed being fairly in his corner, though.

So you're basing this entirely off of contending with Bane, who you're also basing is capable of facing Kas'im. Seem kind of circular. And as much as I'd like to post, "The Inquisitor is faster because he moves as fast as a stunted apprentice," much like Bane was, I'm not a fan of circular logic. Not to mention PoD is full of Sith and Jedi moving their sabers in "blurs." And as much as I'd like to believe Sirak is one of the greatest duelist of all time, well.

Not really.

What's the difference then? Regardless since the Inquisitor apparently knows counters to all these moves, why would it matter?

Agreed.

Right, but treating Kas'im as if he's super powerful because he can block Bane's TK, with was breaking apart an already ruined temple's base, therefore making Kas'im also a great duelist, kind of irks me, giving the EU is full of certainly talented and powerful individuals, such Ben, Vitiate, Bane(in PoD) that weren't the greatest duelist just because they were more powerful.

Like I said above.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/uhuh.gif

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Kas'im would've stomped Pre-Lehon Bane. That's far more than can be said for the inquisitor.

Nephthys
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Demolished isn't really the word I'd use; took him forever. IIRC he dealt with it oddly; nicked it a couple dozen times until it went down.

That's was what I was talking about, he dances around it and cuts it to pieces with no problem. Also it says it was a short fight. The Inquisitor was backing away and just trying to drive it off. Pretty different demonstrations.

Q99
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
So you're basing this entirely off of contending with Bane, who you're also basing is capable of facing Kas'im. Seem kind of circular. And as much as I'd like to post, "The Inquisitor is faster because he moves as fast as a stunted apprentice," much like Bane was, I'm not a fan of circular logic. Not to mention PoD is full of Sith and Jedi moving their sabers in "blurs." And as much as I'd like to believe Sirak is one of the greatest duelist of all time, well.

*Any* era forms a circle of judging people based on fighting each other.

Kas'im also has a rep as a war veteran and such, the students were noted to be of general high quality and most of the fights happened when their training was near-complete- even the ones Githany doesn't have trouble with, and we see a number of sith and jedi fight each other. Just from that time frame of the academy days, we have, lesse, Githany, Kas'im, Sirak, Bane, Yevra and Llokay.

Yevra, a student who's training was complete and was ready for the battlefield at Ruusan (and all the students who's training we done were said to compare well to most average sith), fell easily to Githany, who was weaker than Sirak, who was notably weaker than Bane. So before adding in Kas'im, we've got a three step chain of skill there, with fairly large steps.

Note, Kanan is a 'stunted apprentice,' for that matter.

I think people here have gone from overestimating the Bane trilogy stuff, all the way over to underestimating it.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Q99
Yevra, a student who's training was complete and was ready for the battlefield at Ruusan (and all the students who's training we done were said to compare well to most average sith), fell easily to Githany, who was weaker than Sirak, who was notably weaker than Bane. So before adding in Kas'im, we've got a three step chain of skill there, with fairly large steps.
Kiel Charny, who Githany made short work of, is a better example than Yevra imo, since Kiel Charny is a Jedi General, confirmed to have a high potential, and is stated to be a true warrior who epitomized the Jedi ideal.

But yes, I definitely agree with you here thumb up

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Nephthys
One comparison I thought of: The Inquisitor b*tched out while fighting that beast Ezra set on him. Kas'im took on a Rancor and demolished it.

Yeah but creature was invulnerable to blaster fire. And could rip through a ship's armour. So I'm pretty sure it was a lot tougher than a Rancor.

Anyway I like really the Inq but Kas'im seems to have the superior fencing accolades tbh. But in any case saber duels are decided more by power in "the force" than they are by "fencing skill".

Nephthys
Kas'im isn't lesser than the Inquisitor or Kanan in force power. Also I disagree about that estimation. Skill is a pretty large factor in a duel.

Kas'im was probably the best combatant of the era after Bane. Githany said that no-one could defeat Bane after he proved superior to Kas'im. The Inquisitor is decent but he's not gonna ever be the best of any era or even in the running.

McP
Second only to Bane? How about Raskta or Zannah? DoE Bane couldn't penetrate Zannah's defense, while Kas'Im was winning against inferior version of Bane only due to Bane's lack of knowledge about his form.

Nephthys
IMO the era ended after the Brotherhoods destruction. But yeah, if we're including Zannah she's clearly above Kas'im. And Raskta is about on his level.

McP
Allright, my opinion is the same at this point.

Nai

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.