Richard Dragon Vs Shen Kuei

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
http://i63.tinypic.com/28t9q28.jpg

vs

http://i67.tinypic.com/hs2omd.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Both are terribly underused.

cdtm
Agreed.

Not too knowledgeable about Dragon, but Shen's held his own with martial.artists who could beat down the likes of Bronze Tiger and Batman in straight h2h..

deathslash
Shen all day

Zack M
Originally posted by cdtm
Agreed.

Not too knowledgeable about Dragon, but Shen's held his own with martial.artists who could beat down the likes of Bronze Tiger and Batman in straight h2h..

Like who? Scans?

StiltmanFTW
Like Iron Fist or Shang-Chi.

Zack M
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Like Iron Fist or Shang-Chi.

Batman has taken on the likes of Val Armorr. Both Bronze Tiger and Dragon have treated Batman like a child.

StiltmanFTW
When has Dragon fought Batman?

Only seen him sparring with noob Bruce who was on his journey to become Batman?

Zack M
When has Dragon fought Batman?

Only seen him sparring with noob Bruce who was on his journey to become Batman?

Early days during RD mini series. He's definitely peers with Shiva and Bronze Tiger.

Juntai
Meh, Bronze Tiger got the better of Batman in one encounter like 30 years ago and people still swear by it. These aren't the same way these characters are treated anymore.

In the next encounter, Bruce was poisoned and still nearly beat Bronze Tiger.

Primarily those two showings and the showing against a beat up Deathstroke who already pushed to the limit before encountering Bronze Tiger, Deadshot and a few other guys and still giving them hell before going down , are what people like to refer to when it comes to Bronze Tiger.

Shiva is better than Bronze Tiger.
Catman had a double KO with Bronze Tiger.
Bronze Tiger struggled with a small child Cassandra.

Batman beat Catman easily.

Cassandra beat Shiva, twice.
Jason Todd outfought Shiva twice.
Batman beat Shiva and stalemater another time.

Batman beat Cassandra, twice.
Tim Drake beat Cassandra.

Batman beat Jason Todd.

David Cain had to come in and save Tiger and a few others in one encounter from getting royally rekt by Shiva. None of them even landed a hit before Cain jumped in.

Batman has beat David Cain also.

Batman went toe to toe with Karate Kid twice.

Zack M
Last time catman encountered batman, he did pretty well.

Juntai
Originally posted by Zack M
Last time catman encountered batman, he did pretty well. Are you thinking of the time I am, where he got off a few hits consecutively before Batman started curbstomping him and Catman suddenly didn't want to fight anymore?
Or is another more recent than that?

Zack M
Secret six.

Juntai
He got a few decent strikes by surprising Batman at the beginning, but then didn't land another hit again and it ended like this;

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1517030
http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1517031

deathslash
Originally posted by Juntai
He got a few decent strikes by surprising Batman at the beginning, but then didn't land another hit again and it ended like this;

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1517031 that kind of contradicts your previous statement about batman curbstomping him. He landed two hits and Blake caught the third one.

StiltmanFTW
Also, those "few decent strikes" were actually a very well performed combo:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111176698/4364977-2882139-catman_vs_batman.jpg

Juntai
Remembered it different, and then went and got the scans.

However, he didn't land another blow after that combo, and all he did was recieve until he said he was done fighting.

Then admitted he lost at the end while trying to save face by saying "I let you win."

Once Batman stopped trying to just play spar and talk to him and went on the offensive, Catman wanted no part of it.

Juntai
but as for Dragon, that version of Dragon only lasted a handful of issues, then got retconned out, but he was considered above pretty much everybody at that particular moment in time.

And I don't know much about the other guy.

Zack M
but as for Dragon, that version of Dragon only lasted a handful of issues, then got retconned out, but he was considered above pretty much everybody at that particular moment in time.

And I don't know much about the other guy.

Above the likes of Batman, Bronze, or Shiva?

Mindset

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1517031 So it ended with Batman getting 2 strikes and Catman catching the 3rd.

Looks pretty evenly matched.

Juntai
Originally posted by Mindset
So it ended with Batman getting 2 strikes and Catman catching the 3rd.

Looks pretty evenly matched. Only because he backed out and admitted he lost as soon as Batman had enough of him.

Mindset
Only because he backed out and admitted he lost as soon as Batman had enough of him. He didn't want to kill Batman.

Juntai
He didn't want to kill Batman. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d696t3yALAY

Zack M
Above the likes of Batman, Bronze, or Shiva?

RadZoa
Richard, even if Richard was only on par with Batman that's still well above any martial artist in Marvel.

Juntai
Yep Zack, he almost killed Shiva. And both were above Bronze Tiger.

At the time its hard to say about Batman, Batman hadn't established himself as better than Shiva just yet, but he had beaten David Cain and proved better than Cassandra prior. Both of which are just below Shiva.

Pretty much, prior to her being on the recieving end of a beating from Dragon, Shiva was unconquered at the time.

Juntai
Oop, I take that back, Batman did beat Shiva once prior in Public Enemies, but its in doubt if she was mind controlled or not, but still, he bested her pretty solidly.

Mindset
Originally posted by RadZoa
Richard, even if Richard was only on par with Batman that's still well above any martial artist in Marvel. lol

deathslash
Only because he backed out and admitted he lost as soon as Batman had enough of him. or, ya know, maybe he'd already delivered his message to Bruce and gotten in some well deserved shots? Maybe he didn't feel like getting into an all out brawl with him.Originally posted by RadZoa
Richard, even if Richard was only on par with Batman that's still well above any martial artist in Marvel. ha. That's a really good joke. You either don't know anything about marvel's martial artists or you're a troll.

Zack M
Richard is one of the premier MA in the DCU. He could definitely compete.

deathslash
Richard is one of the premier MA in the DCU. He could definitely compete. with people like iron fist, taskmaster, black panther, steel serpent, shang chi, etc?

Juntai
Of course. Why wouldn't he be able to compete?

RadZoa
Originally posted by deathslash
or, ya know, maybe he'd already delivered his message to Bruce and gotten in some well deserved shots? Maybe he didn't feel like getting into an all out brawl with him. ha. That's a really good joke. You either don't know anything about marvel's martial artists or you're a troll.

I didn't realize the truth would hurt you so much.

RadZoa
Most Marvel martial artist are sub par, the best Marvel martial artist would be a 5-7/10 by DC standards

No joke either, this is factual when you look at what they're capable of. It may rustle some jimmies but fanboyism doesn't make the truth go away

StiltmanFTW
facepalm

Zack M
with people like iron fist, taskmaster, black panther, steel serpent, shang chi, etc?

Yes.

deathslash
Yes. tell ya what buddy. How about you make a Shang chi vs Richard dragon thread? Just for fun. You can post richard's best feats and I'll post shang's best feats.Originally posted by RadZoa
Most Marvel martial artist are sub par, the best Marvel martial artist would be a 5-7/10 by DC standards

No joke either, this is factual when you look at what they're capable of. It may rustle some jimmies but fanboyism doesn't make the truth go away wrong. The best thing that dc has as far as martial artists go is karate kid. Marvel has better overall martial artists.

StiltmanFTW
The best thing that dc has as far as martial artists go is karate kid. Marvel has better overall martial artists.

thumb up

100% correct.

Zack M
tell ya what buddy. How about you make a Shang chi vs Richard dragon thread? Just for fun. You can post richard's best feats and I'll post shang's best feats. wrong. The best thing that dc has as far as martial artists go is karate kid. Marvel has better overall martial artists.

Wrong. Batman, shiva, richard, bronze, are all world class martial artists. You'd be stupid if you didn't think so.

StiltmanFTW
Tbf, Shiva has the hax ability helping her a great deal.

Zack M
She also killed off most of DC'S grand masters. She's just as good in the HTH department as any of the top street levelers.

abhilegend
with people like iron fist, taskmaster, black panther, steel serpent, shang chi, etc?
Yes. Originally posted by deathslash
tell ya what buddy. How about you make a Shang chi vs Richard dragon thread? Just for fun. You can post richard's best feats and I'll post shang's best feats. wrong. The best thing that dc has as far as martial artists go is karate kid. Marvel has better overall martial artists.
Shang Chi? He's like Nightwing level in MA. Originally posted by deathslash
Maybe in dreams of marvel fanboys.

deathslash
Wrong. Batman, shiva, richard, bronze, are all world class martial artists. You'd be stupid if you didn't think so. never said that they're not world class martial artists. However, shang can block punches from people in the hulk's weight class, destroy doombots on his own, stick to walls, and survive getting punched into the atmosphere. Feel free to tell me when any of the people that you just listed can to that.

abhilegend
never said that they're not world class martial artists. However, shang can block punches from people in the hulk's weight class, destroy doombots on his own, stick to walls, and survive getting punched into the atmosphere. Feel free to tell me when any of the people that you just listed can to that.
Just that? Batman alone can take down entire JLA, overpower Wonder Woman in h2h, gets punched by a bloodlusted Superman and live, beats down Grundy etc.

Heck, Damian Wayne can survive a bloodlusted supergirl.

Shang Chi is small potatoes compared to that.

Small people from small worlds.

deathslash
Originally posted by abhilegend
Just that? Batman alone can take down entire JLA, overpower Wonder Woman in h2h, gets punched by a bloodlusted Superman and live, beats down Grundy etc.

Small people from small worlds. usually, he has prep time or they're holding back, he's gotten casually owned by her more often than not, I'd love to see the scans of that one, you know just as well as I do that grundy's strength and durability changes with almost every death.

abhilegend
usually, he has prep time or they're holding back, he's gotten casually owned by her more often than not, I'd love to see the scans of that one, you know just as well as I do that grundy's strength and durability changes with almost every death.
It wasn't prep or them holding back. He straight up wrecked all of them. He has straight up manhandled Aquaman.

I don't have my laptop. Here you go.

http://batmanfeats.blogspot.in/p/good-showings.html?m=1

DarkSaint85
DCnU Bats, whilst injured and WITHOUT his armour, took sneak attack blows from a bloodlusted WW.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, WW is really good at sneak blows.

Zack M
never said that they're not world class martial artists. However, shang can block punches from people in the hulk's weight class, destroy doombots on his own, stick to walls, and survive getting punched into the atmosphere. Feel free to tell me when any of the people that you just listed can to that.

I'm strictly saying HTH skills. Both DC and Marvel are roughly the same, but with DC they get a small edge, because they have FOUR Karate Kids.

StiltmanFTW
Four?

Zack M

Small people from small worlds.

Don't forget Shiva with Shadowdragon (Someone who surprised even SUPERMAN) and Cassandra Cain with Supergirl. DC has some Bullshit Martial Artists.

Zack M
Four?

Pre-Crisis
Zero Hour
3Boot
and Myg.

All different.

Zack M
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
DCnU Bats, whilst injured and WITHOUT his armour, took sneak attack blows from a bloodlusted WW.

Batman>>Shang-Chi.

RadZoa
never said that they're not world class martial artists. However, shang can block punches from people in the hulk's weight class, destroy doombots on his own, stick to walls, and survive getting punched into the atmosphere. Feel free to tell me when any of the people that you just listed can to that. omg Shangs feats are just adorable.

Batman has beaten the crap out of the Super Titan Gladiator who knocked Supes for a loop. Bruce's standard punches would knock Shangs head clean off of his shoulders.

StiltmanFTW
Shang has one-shotted one of the Builders robots, something that only Hulk was capable of smile

Zack M
Let's get back on topic. Can someone post some cat fights with current Iron Fist?

StiltmanFTW
He fought a quite modern version of IF, but not current (post-BoIF/Fraction/Bendis upgrades).

They had like 2 fights... Cat 1:1 Danny.

Zack M
Did Danny use the chi force?

StiltmanFTW
It's practically never stated. Impossible to say.

We don't know if Shen used chi amping, either.

Zack M
Richard has some minor chi abilities, plus he's just as good of a HTH fighter as most top tier streets.

RadZoa
Shang has one-shotted one of the Builders robots, something that only Hulk was capable of smile That's so adorable. Keep on trying Shang and maybe you'll eventually hit Nightwing level. embarrasment

Mindset
Yes.
Shang Chi? He's like Nightwing level in MA.
Maybe in dreams of marvel fanboys. IF kills any MA in DC aside from KK.

NW would beat Dragon.

Fight me.

Zack M
Danny can't survive the mighty batgod. Bring it, bitches.

Mindset
Danny could oneshot kill anyone in DC aside from Kyle.

Zack M
laughing out loud

deathslash
Danny could oneshot kill anyone in DC aside from Kyle. yeah, and even then, Danny would eventually fist him to death. I mean, we all know that kyle's secret weakness is taking things up the button right?

Mindset
yeah, and even then, Danny would eventually fist him to death. I mean, we all know that kyle's secret weakness is taking things up the button right? Please keep your gay fantasies between you and marwash.

deathslash
Please keep your gay fantasies between you and marwash. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.