Simon Pegg has ZERO respect for Prequl fans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Thor
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/star-wars-episode-viis-simon-pegg-admits-he-has-no-respect-fans-prequels-1528179

I say just shut up Pegg.

Zenwolf
I'm all for everyone having their opinion, but really?...Tbh I find the hate overrated really, but don't knock the people down for liking all the movies.

Darth Thor
thumb up

And why split the fan base like that at this time? Can't we all just come together to look forward to Ep.7?

He's being idiotic.

Beniboybling
My thoughts exactly when I read this. I will rewatch the Prequels come December and enjoy it. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/1790400411.gif

ares834
He is saying it like it is.

Well done Pegg.

thumb up

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Beniboybling
My thoughts exactly when I read this. I will rewatch the Prequels come December and enjoy it. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/1790400411.gif

Good on you.

Originally posted by ares834

Well done Pegg.

thumb up

thumb down

quanchi112

Well done Pegg.

thumb up Bs. Rots is the best Star Wars film to date. It's all silly to bash the films from a pr stance on his end.

Nephthys

Well done Pegg.

thumb up

FreshestSlice
>The face when quan makes more sense than ares

By the way, Neph agreeing with you isn't a good sign.

Deronn_solo
laughing

|King Joker|

Well done Pegg.

thumb up ares plz

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
>The face when quan makes more sense than ares

By the way, Neph agreeing with you isn't a good sign.

ares834
So many people in this thread unworthy of Pegg's respect. sad

DarthAnt66
I have no respect for him and wouldn't give any shits if he died, so good, kek

Zenwolf
I should respect someone who doesn't respect people just because they like something he doesn't?....Right.

I didn't realize that entertainment wasn't opinion based, I thought it was.

Trocity
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

LOL

ares834

https://conkerrtheworld.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/simon-pegg.jpg

Nephthys
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I should respect someone who doesn't respect people just because they like something he doesn't?....Right.

I didn't realize that entertainment wasn't opinion based, I thought it was.

You should respect the guy who made two of the best comedies ever, heathen.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Nephthys

That's hard when he won't respect people just because of their opinion on a set of movies is different than his own.

I like Simon but really he just dropped for me just from this alone of what he said.

ares834

thumb up

Nephthys
That's hard when he won't respect people just because of their opinion on a set of movies is different than his own.

I like Simon but really he just dropped for me just from this alone of what he said.

If you don't respect him because of his opinion about the prequels, are you not a massive ****ing hypocrite? You swine.

|King Joker|
If you don't respect him because of his opinion about the prequels, are you not a massive ****ing hypocrite? You swine. 'I don't respect people who like the Prequels' is different than 'I think the Prequels suck.'

Aurbere
"Simon Pegg has ZERO respect for Prequl fans"

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/08/bf/cc/08bfcc8d25af708509b5efcee7fb51e5.gif

Zenwolf
If you don't respect him because of his opinion about the prequels, are you not a massive ****ing hypocrite? You swine.

His opinion of the prequels isn't the reason, he can have his own opinion. What gets me is saying he doesn't have any respect for those who like them, that's the difference here.

Nephthys
Originally posted by |King Joker|
'I don't respect people who like the Prequels' is different than 'I think the Prequels suck.'

His opinion of the prequels isn't the reason, he can have his own opinion. What gets me is saying he doesn't have any respect for those who like them, that's the difference here.

The whole reason he said that is because the Prequels suck in his opinion though. Not respecting him because of his opinion is committing the same "crime" as he is. That it's not respecting him based upon his judgement of people instead of movies doesn't change the fact that its the same sentiment of judging someone because of their personal opinions. I think we've all learned a valuable lession today. That Hot Fuzz is ****ing amazing and TPM blows camel cock.

|King Joker|
I've never even heard of Hot Fuzz so s my d

Nephthys
You're less than a worm to me rn ngl.

Zenwolf
The whole reason he said that is because the Prequels suck in his opinion though. Not respecting him because of his opinion is committing the same "crime" as he is. That it's not respecting him based upon his judgement of people instead of movies doesn't change the fact that its the same sentiment of judging someone because of their personal opinions. I think we've all learned a valuable lession today. That Hot Fuzz is ****ing amazing and TPM blows camel cock.

He still took it too far imo, he could have just left it as saying not liking the prequels just as well.

|King Joker|
You're less than a worm to me rn ngl. http://www.mtv.com/news/wp-content/uploads/buzz/2013/12/beyonce_super_bowl_shouder_kiss.gif

Nephthys
Every person on this forum has disrespected someone (coughLegendcough) because they disagreed with what imaginary character can skull**** another imaginary character in a fight. Lets not act as if we're so damn above that behavior.

|King Joker|
ive never done that smile

ILS
me neither smile

Dreampanther
Quite frankly, I understand his viewpoint completely. I'm the same about the Twilight books - the more fans rave about it, the more I'm convinced they wouldn't know what a good book was if I hit them in the face with it. Repeatedly. He's passionate about it and I admire passionate people. Of course you are welcome to disagree with him (and with me).

I would never try to take away your right to have an opinion. But I reserve the right to think you're an idiot for having that opinion! wink

Selenial
Every person on this forum has disrespected someone (coughLegendcough) because they disagreed with what imaginary character can skull**** another imaginary character in a fight. Lets not act as if we're so damn above that behavior.

Incorrect. We've disrespected someone because they have made huge leaps in logic, slightly different to an opinion.

Some people like Anime. Some people like Soap Operas. Some people like Sci-Fi and some like Fantasy. If George R.R. Martin turned around tomorrow and said anyone who likes Star Wars is no fan of his, there'd be uproar, and rightly so, because people have takes.

Stop being biased just because you like the guy. What he's said is downright moronic.

Darth Thor

Huh? It's not his opinion on the Prequels, it's his attack on Prequel fans. There's no hypocrisy by us at all.

Pegg on the other hand is just being an Ass. Why split up the fanbase at this time? Be a bit more sensible than that, especially when you've been given a cameo in the new movie.

And Hot Fuzz sucks. Most Pegg movies do.

S_W_LeGenD
I have regrets in this regard (in all honesty), I never intended to be rough towards LadyKulvax. Sometimes, certain factors play a role in hostilities that are beyond the control of someone.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Selenial
Incorrect. We've disrespected someone because they have made huge leaps in logic, slightly different to an opinion.

Some people like Anime. Some people like Soap Operas. Some people like Sci-Fi and some like Fantasy. If George R.R. Martin turned around tomorrow and said anyone who likes Star Wars is no fan of his, there'd be uproar, and rightly so, because people have takes.

Stop being biased just because you like the guy. What he's said is downright moronic.
thumb up

Trocity
Originally posted by Darth Thor

thumb up

And the movies he's been in that have happened to be good are good in spite of him, not because of.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Selenial

Logic is just another form of opinion, you blithering bucktoothed twit. How dare you etc etc

People have every right to those tastes, just like everyone has a right to have an opinion about their tastes. Pegg didn't say you couldn't be his fan if you're a no-taste moron you like the prequels, he just stated that he has little regard for you. He can state that if he wants, just like you can say his statement was moronic. And then I can say you're a hypocrite. And you can say nu-uh. And I can say uh-huh x a infinity. Boom. I win.

I'm not being super srs. I'm not really insulting you, I'm just having fun.

Huh? It's not his opinion on the Prequels, it's his attack on Prequel fans. There's no hypocrisy by us at all.

Pegg on the other hand is just being an Ass. Why split up the fanbase at this time? Be a bit more sensible than that, especially when you've been given a cameo in the new movie.

Worthless.....

Darth Thor

Huh?

I didn't realize I was in an argument with Pegg that he felt the need to not only insult me but every single Prequel fan out there.

Worthless.....

LOL It sucks so bad. Most his movies do. So it's frankly funny him telling the rest of us what's ok to like and what's not.

Nephthys
Ok, I'm not joking around now so when I say that Hot Fuzz really is an incredible film and has one of the best written screenplays of the decade and anyone who thinks otherwise is legit dumb and has bad taste, I'm being serious.

ILS
oh shit guys I think Neph was being serious in that last one

Darth Thor
Ok, I'm not joking around now so when I say that Hot Fuzz really is an incredible film and has one of the best written screenplays of the decade and anyone who thinks otherwise is legit dumb and has bad taste, I'm being serious.

Simon?

ares834
LOL It sucks so bad. Most his movies do.

https://www.nrcc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/speechless.gif

Lord Lucien
What Prequels?

Aurbere
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
What Prequels?

Prometheus, of course thumb up

Raptor22
U could say simon really pegged us prequel fans in a bad light.

FreshestSlice
Kind of like how Hot Fuzz is seriously shit.

ares834
https://www.nrcc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/speechless.gif

Darth Thor

Well done FreshestSlice.

thumb up

FreshestSlice
Yep, I have zero respect for Hot Fuzz fans.

Lord Lucien
Most Hot Fuzz fans these days are ones who grew up with the movie, and they're unable to see past their nostalgia and childhood attachments and judge the movie with a critical eye. It's full of plot holes, inconsistencies, terrible dialogue, unfunny and inappropriate "humor", wooden acting, lazy camerawork and cinematography, unlikable characters, and is completely soulless and flat in emotion and tone. Adult HF fans are either terminally blind to the rose-tint in their fanboy goggles, or are functionally retarded.

Pegg struck gold with Shaun of the Dead, but he grew lazy and greedy as he got older, and his addiction to just stuffing every frame with as many SFX in Hot Fuzz (and The World's End, to be fair), is just ridiculous. He didn't seem to understand what made the first movie in the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy so beloved.

DarthAnt66
or are functionally retarded.
Sounds like a modest description of Neph.

ares834
Most Hot Fuzz fans these days are ones who grew up with the movie, and they're unable to see past their nostalgia and childhood attachments and judge the movie with a critical eye. It's full of plot holes, inconsistencies, terrible dialogue, unfunny and inappropriate "humor", wooden acting, lazy camerawork and cinematography, unlikable characters, and is completely soulless and flat in emotion and tone. Adult HF fans are either terminally blind to the rose-tint in their fanboy goggles, or are functionally retarded.

Pegg struck gold with Shaun of the Dead, but he grew lazy and greedy as he got older, and his addiction to just stuffing every frame with as many SFX in Hot Fuzz (and The World's End, to be fair), is just ridiculous. He didn't seem to understand what made the first movie in the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy so beloved.

laughing out loud

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Aurbere
Prometheus, of course thumb up Halo 4 was a sequel.

ILS
I have zero respect for all of you dicks

Beniboybling
The whole reason he said that is because the Prequels suck in his opinion though. Not respecting him because of his opinion is committing the same "crime" as he is. That it's not respecting him based upon his judgement of people instead of movies doesn't change the fact that its the same sentiment of judging someone because of their personal opinions. I think we've all learned a valuable lession today. That Hot Fuzz is ****ing amazing and TPM blows camel cock. "I don't respect people who don't share my opinions" is not an opinion, it's a mentality, and a poor one at that.Originally posted by Nephthys
Every person on this forum has disrespected someone (coughLegendcough) because they disagreed with what imaginary character can skull**** another imaginary character in a fight. Lets not act as if we're so damn above that behavior. Legend is my friend. smile

Trocity
F*** Legend.

Beniboybling
smile smile smile

carthage
Which Legend, Vitiate fanboy Legend or Quote fabricating Shaak Ti fanboy Legend?

quanchi112
So many people in this thread unworthy of Pegg's respect. sad Who cares what he thinks ? His opinion is wrong.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Trocity
F*** Legend.
http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ckn3wgDj1qfc8cw.gif

FreshestSlice
LeGenD confirmed too scared of Trocity to say shit. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/922207309.gif

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Legend is my friend. smile
http://33.media.tumblr.com/18bc1c78c0fc14d1fa93d063adf7c266/tumblr_n917d2kQOO1sh43kgo1_500.gif

S_W_LeGenD
LeGenD confirmed too scared of Trocity to say shit. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/922207309.gif
http://media.giphy.com/media/IRQBDU7x2LZUQ/giphy-facebook_s.jpg

StiltmanFTW
New trilogy might very well turn out to be worse than the Prequel Trilogy, so he really should shut up.

Episode VII trailers are far from amazing, let's be honest.

DarthAnt66
Nah, they're pretty damn amazing.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

No. They are not.

DarthAnt66
Based on the fact my opinion is more important than yours, and I say they are, they therefore are.

thumb up

Darth Thor
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
New trilogy might very well turn out to be worse than the Prequel Trilogy, so he really should shut up.

Episode VII trailers are far from amazing, let's be honest.

Doesn't really matter how good this one is (for people like Pegg). What matters to him(and people like him) is critics will give us their blessings to enjoy this one. Whereas they would do their best to make it a laughable act to enjoy the Prequels.

In terms of the hardcore fans there will be people who hate this one regardless. Just like many Trekkies hate the new Trek movies despite their huge success.

It's a generational thing just like Lucas always said. And new incarnations will rarely satisfy all previous fans.

StiltmanFTW
Based on the fact my opinion is more important than yours, and I say they are, they therefore are.

thumb up

http://31.media.tumblr.com/db5bcf6ec6cbda259dc637d95773043c/tumblr_inline_nn2hauGXFj1t9s98p_500.gif

Doesn't really matter how good this one is (for people like Pegg). What matters to him(and people like him) is critics will give us their blessings to enjoy this one. Whereas they would do their best to make it a laughable act to enjoy the Prequels.

In terms of the hardcore fans there will be people who hate this one regardless. Just like many Trekkies hate the new Trek movies despite their huge success.

It's a generational thing just like Lucas always said. And new incarnations will rarely satisfy all previous fans.

True.

Who is Pegg playing in Ep 7 anyway?

ares834

This bull shit again?

Darth Thor
This bull shit again?

Lol no critics only have nice things to say about the Prequels.

And clearly everyone's entitled to their own opinion on them AHEM Look at thread title AHEM

Darth Thor
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
http://31.media.tumblr.com/db5bcf6ec6cbda259dc637d95773043c/tumblr_inline_nn2hauGXFj1t9s98p_500.gif

True.

Who is Pegg playing in Ep 7 anyway?

Dunno just a cameo. And I believe he'll be in make up anyway.

ares834
Lol no critics only have nice things to say about the Prequels.

I'm calling you out on saying the reason people dislike the prequels is because critics dislike them.

Nephthys
As I recall critics were very generous with the prequels. No-one really called it out as outright trash until a while.

Kosmos Supreme
I don't care what the dumb snob says.

Lord Lucien
As I recall critics were very generous with the prequels. No-one really called it out as outright trash until a while. I read the reviews of each Prequel film when they came out, and all of them got stellar, near-perfect hand jobs assessments upon release. I still have an old review book that gave Phantom Menace 5 out of 5 stars, while Schindler's List got 4, and Back to the Future part 3 got 3.

Contemporary critics were supremely generous to the prequels.

quanchi112
Just some actors opinion. Who cares. Rots was better than any ot film.

Darth Thor
I'm calling you out on saying the reason people dislike the prequels is because critics dislike them.

No need to get mad.

First of all when did you decide "people" dislike the Prequels?

Critics have always hated Star Wars. The Original got terrible reviews on release. ROTJ used to get a ton of slack before the Prequel era.

Nothing changed with the Prequels except some hardcore OT fans joined in the bashing along with critics. Obviously when critics and fans hate a movie together that doesn't leave a good vibe in the first place.

Then of course there's people like Simon Pegg who won't even give you permission to like the Prequels. How can you claim there's no one out there in the movie industry pressuring people to dislike the Prequels when we're talking about one in this very thread erm

Darth Thor
As I recall critics were very generous with the prequels. No-one really called it out as outright trash until a while.

You recollection is only partly correct.

Many early reviews came in bashing the film. To the point where it was almost a "fact" the movie was bad before it was even released. I specifically remember the film being talked about on the news where at the end the news presenter stated "It's a pity early reviews are suggesting the film isn't that good."

However you're right as well. Many people who gave TPM a positive review at the time have since miraculously done a complete U-Turn.

No Star Wars film to date has gotten across the board positive reviews though. TFA will be the first. I'm calling it now. I called it a long time ago. Because no Lucas now. There was just too much animosity towards poor George.

quanchi112
I honestly never understood why anyone else's opinion would have a bearing on anyone else's. Watch the film and if someone says you're an idiot for liking something laugh because it's subjective and Simon peg just sounds like an idiot tbh.

ares834

quanchi112

FreshestSlice
You're a good man, quan.

Darth Thor

quanchi112
You're a good man, quan. A great man.

ares834

quanchi112

Darth Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.