RoTS Obi Wan runs a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
Everyone in their prime:
1. Shaak Ti
2. Asajj Ventress
3. Qui Gon Jinn
4. Quinlan Vos
5. Darth Maul
6. Mace Windu

Vixas
Given Vos' DD performance, stops at 4 in my opinion.

Trocity
Maybe 5, definitely 6.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Rebel95
Everyone in their prime:
1. Qui-Gon Jinn
2. Asajj Ventress
3. Shaak Ti
4. Mace Windu
5. Darth Maul
6. Quinlan Vos

TBH.

Total Warrior
4,5 and 6 can all defeat him

|King Joker|
Vos probably takes him out, IMO.

DarthAnt66

Beniboybling
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Vos probably takes him out, IMO. Nah, Kenobi isn't gonna overextend. thumb up

ILS
Maul kills Kenobi for good if Vos doesn't. thumb up

Darth Thor
Assuming full rest in between rounds:

Originally posted by Trocity
Maybe 5, definitely 6.

cs_zoltan
Rules? Like rest and heal?

Order is pretty ****ed up tbh. Ti > Vos, Ventress, Jinn.
If he gets past Ti then he stops at Maul because of ragdoll.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Rules? Like rest and heal?

Order is pretty ****ed up tbh. Ti > Vos, Ventress, Jinn.
If he gets past Ti then he stops at Maul because of ragdoll.

Ti could never do what Vos did though against Dooku.

Total Warrior
Maybe he/she's thinking of legend Vos

EmperorSidious2
Could be. It said everyone in their primes so I took that as DD Vos

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Ti could never do what Vos did though against Dooku.

Could Vos do what Ti did against Galen?

ABC.

Selenial
Ti.

I've argued this before. Kenobi's above her as a duelist, but mainly as a defensive duelist. His offensive capabilities shouldn't eclipse hers. His style revolves around playing the defensive and waiting for his opponent to slip up, but that would require him surviving against her Force Powers up until a time where she does slip up. I'm not even confident she would, she was a Jedi whose ability to manipulate battles was as famous as Windu's skill, Yoda's wisdom or Mundi's courage. She'd know Kenobi was waiting for a mistake, and wouldn't give him the opportunity.

Don't mistake me, I don't believe Shaak Ti is a greater battlefield tactician or duelist than Kenobi, but form for form she comes out stronger, and her skill set almost seems designed to exploit the flaws in his...

Selenial
Originally posted by AncientPower
TBH.

You have Maul and Vos above Windu?

Christ.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Definitely 5 or 6, especially as of ROTS.

Darth Thor

ABC.

DD Vos? Easily.

Dark Side Galen wasn't all that powerful yet.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Darth Thor
DD Vos? Easily.

Dark Side Galen wasn't all that powerful yet.

The guy who TK'd thousands of droids easily, by himself?

Why is everyone lowballing Galen?

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Selenial
Ti.

I've argued this before. Kenobi's above her as a duelist, but mainly as a defensive duelist. His offensive capabilities shouldn't eclipse hers. His style revolves around playing the defensive and waiting for his opponent to slip up, but that would require him surviving against her Force Powers up until a time where she does slip up. I'm not even confident she would, she was a Jedi whose ability to manipulate battles was as famous as Windu's skill, Yoda's wisdom or Mundi's courage. She'd know Kenobi was waiting for a mistake, and wouldn't give him the opportunity.

Don't mistake me, I don't believe Shaak Ti is a greater battlefield tactician or duelist than Kenobi, but form for form she comes out stronger, and her skill set almost seems designed to exploit the flaws in his... thumb up tbh

DarthAnt66
The guy who TK'd thousands of droids easily, by himself?

Why is everyone lowballing Galen?
Probably the fact that the game makers specifically stated that TFU was an exaggeration of Force powers.

Selenial
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Probably the fact that the game makers specifically stated that TFU was an exaggeration of Force powers.

Which doesn't in any way lower his feats or accolades Happy Dance

DarthAnt66
Except it does... mmm

Nephthys
Everything is exaggerated now cuz of Legends. Even Bandon.

Even...... YOU!

http://splitsider.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2011/12/whoshotmrburns.jpg

Selenial
Except it doesn't. They stated they wanted to show an exaggeration of Force Powers through their game mechanics, firstly, so cutscenes don't matter.

Secondly, what their intention was, was irrelevant. The way they allowed people to experience the Force exaggerated and at it's full potential was by allowing people to take control of an insanely strong Force Wielder with full use of the environment around them, unlike most Star Wars games before that.

cs_zoltan
Except it doesn't. They stated they wanted to show an exaggeration of Force Powers through their game mechanics, firstly, so cutscenes don't matter.

Secondly, what their intention was, was irrelevant. The way they allowed people to experience the Force exaggerated and at it's full potential was by allowing people to take control of an insanely strong Force Wielder with full use of the environment around them, unlike most Star Wars games before that.

While true it doesn't really matter. That feat was in the book, so all their over-the-top force portrail quote doesn't mean shit.

FreshestSlice
Except the book is supposed to convey the same thing?

Nephthys
The book is even more over the top. By a lot.

Beniboybling
Considering the novel is Legends Canon you none of you actually have the authority to dispute it. erm

Can we also get a source on it being exaggerated? Just out of interest.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Considering the novel is Legends Canon you none of you actually have the authority to dispute it. erm

Can we also get a source on it being exaggerated? Just out of interest.

It seems to be a hot topic lately:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/starkiller-vs-dooku-1744368/?page=1#js-message-15795272

Beniboybling
And for the record, this is what the gamemakers actually said:

"The Apprentice is the photo negative of Luke Skywalker. He's been raised by Darth Vader, and is what Luke would have become if he had joined his father. Vader's not a very nice daddy. This guy has been raised to be a Jedi. When the Jedi use the Force, they respect it and don't overuse it. The bad guys - the Sith - keep testing their limits. Vader discovered this person who had the potential to be the most powerful Force user ever. He's up there with the top tier. He's extremely powerful. Vader has trained him in such a way that he just kept pushing his limitations, seeing how far he could use the Force. So, where a normal Jedi might use the Force to trick his way past a few stormtroopers, the apprentice might use the Force to bring down an adjacent building on top of those stormtroopers. He's extremely confident in everything he does. He's been trained by Vader to be an assassin, an unstoppable force."

--Hayden Blackman, Star Wars Insider 100

So Sel is correct essentially.

Nephthys
While thats clearly inaccurate because no ****ing way does Starkiller have more potential than Anakin or Luke, no-ones disputing SK's a near-top tier force user. It's just that he's on Vader's level and the abilities he shows like force pushing thousands of droids or exploding capital ships are clearly overblown and over the top.

EmperorSidious2

ABC.

Yes. However I believe Felucia was a light side nexus while Vos is drawing on the dark side so I suggest you look at the context before you retort.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Yes. Since Dooku>Galen IMO. However I believe Felucia was a light side nexus while Vos is drawing on the dark side so I suggest you look at the context before you retort.

There is no such thing as a light side nexus, so I suggest you familiarize yourself with the mythos before you retort.

FreshestSlice
I like how you're talking shit while being wrong. There are indeed Light Side nexus. Try again.

Selenial
Originally posted by Nephthys
While thats clearly inaccurate because no ****ing way does Starkiller have more potential than Anakin or Luke, no-ones disputing SK's a near-top tier force user. It's just that he's on Vader's level and the abilities he shows like force pushing thousands of droids or exploding capital ships are clearly overblown and over the top.

> uses author quote to show it's exaggerated
> refuses to listen to author quote about how it's exaggerated

The famed double standards of Nephthys everybody. I'd say check them out while you still can, but apparently they never fade away.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Nephthys
While thats clearly inaccurate because no ****ing way does Starkiller have more potential than Anakin or Luke, no-ones disputing SK's a near-top tier force user. It's just that he's on Vader's level and the abilities he shows like force pushing thousands of droids or exploding capital ships are clearly overblown and over the top. Aside from what Sel has already pointed out, you're totally missing the point.

While yes Hayden could be argued to be laying it on a bit thick, the fact remains he makes it abundantly clear that they intended to achieve a video game with "over-the-top" "amped up" powers not by exaggerating the player's abilities, but creating a character with powers that far outstrip the majority of those prexisiting in the EU in power with Luke-tier potential.

You're claims that its "overblown" and "over-top" are subjective, not objective grounds for dismissing licensed material, on the same basis I could dismiss the Ones' ability to tear apart the fabric of the universe, Abeloth being 12 times more powerful than Luke, or Darth Nihilus lifting a battlecruiser of a planet literally being crushed by gravity, as over-the-top nonsense as well, but that would be stupid.

Fact is these abilities are not beyond that of a Force-sensitive, "it's illogical" therefore doesn't fly.

Beniboybling
There is no such thing as a light side nexus, so I suggest you familiarize yourself with the mythos before you retort. Nope:

A vergence is a place where the Force concentrates like a whirlpool in a flowing river. That place may be a small cave or an entire planet where light and dark constantly vie for surpremacy.

One lesser known vergence that Nexus of Power introduces to Force and Destiny is the Wellspring of Life, a type of legendary, light side vergence that can only be found with the Force as your guide.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/11/2/nexus-of-power/

Shaak Ti was amped confirmed. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/1341734200.gif

EmperorSidious2
There is no such thing as a light side nexus, so I suggest you familiarize yourself with the mythos before you retort.

I was always under the impression that THE VALLEY OF THE JEDI was pretty close. wink

Felucia didn't Shaak use Kinatite on that planet, an ability not even Darth Vader could use without being close to a force boosting artifact. So yea there are light side nexus as well as Dark Side. Most likely aren't as well known, but still.

Also Dooku and Vos are greater than Ti and Galen in terms of deuling. So yes I see Vos taking Galen down with his blade, so I'm not seeing your point.

FreshestSlice
Shaak Ti wasn't amped because Marek shifted the balance again, cuz any presence can do that. Duh.

Selenial
Well, since it immediately turned Dark when she passed, one could argue she was hindered due to the containing of a Planet's worth of Dark Side Energies http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/2295264996.png

FreshestSlice
thumb up

Beniboybling
So Sidious was hindered by maintaining imbalance in the Force across the galaxy? mmm

FreshestSlice
Nah. The Force just surrendered like a cheap whore. It's not the same.

cs_zoltan

Selenial
Sidious caused an imbalance by massacring thousands and performing Rituals.

It was Shaak's will that kept Felucia in balance, and her battle meditation of the Felucian race http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/2295264996.png

Beniboybling
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Nah. The Force just surrendered like a cheap whore. It's not the same. It didn't put up much of a fight no, but as soon as Palpatine died the dark side undeniable receded, so clearly he was holding back something.

Surely, by this logic, that would have demanded a degree of exertion? A cheap whore isn't going to plough herself. thumb upOriginally posted by Selenial
Sidious caused an imbalance by massacring thousands and performing Rituals.

It was Shaak's will that kept Felucia in balance, and her battle meditation of the Felucian race http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/2295264996.png So his power and presence in the Force had nothing to do with it? Strange that it would all be undone by his death then. mmm

FreshestSlice
Nope. He ignored it because he got what he wanted from it.

As for what cs said, and because the quote function isn't working again, it's a source about a legends nexus, calling it a light side nexus. Just admit you're wrong and move on.

Selenial
Kek, all joking aside, even if Light Side Nexuses exist now (which is retarded, given the very nature of Light vs Dark) it doesn't mean she was amped. I fail to see how someone whose maintaining a Nexus can draw upon it at the same time. Even if you argue she was influencing the Felucians as some people here do, surely doing such while fighting offsets any potential nexus...

Beniboybling
It was originally Legends then made Canon, and as a result, blends the two. As for the rest, that's your opinion Manneus, seem like light side nexuses to me. Which makes perfect sense considering the Ying/Yang nature of the Force.

@Sel Palpatine maintained a DS nexus on Byss and benefited from it. Its a reciprocal relationship, you put power in, it gives more back. thumb up

cs_zoltan
Kek, all joking aside, even if Light Side Nexuses exist now (which is retarded, given the very nature of Light vs Dark) it doesn't mean she was amped. I fail to see how someone whose maintaining a Nexus can draw upon it at the same time. Even if you argue she was influencing the Felucians as some people here do, surely doing such while fighting offsets any potential nexus...

Pretty much. DE Sidious was a DS Nexus, doesn't mean he could draw power from himself. That's just asinine.
Plus Ti was multitasking with the Sarlacc and stuffz.

Selenial
@Sel Palpatine maintained a DS nexus on Byss and benefited from it. Its a reciprocal relationship, you put power in, it gives more back. thumb up

He benefited from it by Force Draining them, which in and of itself was a huge Dark Side perversion that furthered the Nexus. You can't do that with a Light Side nexus, that's not how the Light Side works.

FreshestSlice
Light Side nexus existed before. Even in TOR, Tython is noted to be a Light Side nexus. Not sure why it's so unbelievable that the Light Side just isn't the only natural form of the Force anymore. Force and Destiny definitely paints that picture.

Selenial
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Light Side nexus existed before. Even in TOR, Tython is noted to be a Light Side nexus. Not sure why it's so unbelievable that the Light Side just isn't the only natural form of the Force anymore. Force and Destiny definitely paints that picture.

Quote? All I've heard is the "unlike Tython, Odessen is entirely balanced" thing, which could just as easily be referring to the fact there were numerous Dark nexuses on Tython mixed in with the rest. It's not unbelievable, just confusing, since per Che publication dates don't matter when dealing with contradictions, it's an interesting change of direction.

cs_zoltan
As for the rest, that's your opinion Manneus, seem like light side nexuses to me.

Mhm, except, you know, how come Abeloth became something dark and covetous after using the Pool of Knowledge and the Font of Power (ds nexus)? Shouldn't they cancel each other out? Also how come Nyax could use a nexus that was in the Jedi Temple? Are you implying that the whole Jedi Order was sitting on a DS Nexus? Even though it was called a Force Nexus, so yeah...

As for Byss, quote? Causing and maintaining is not the same, brah.

Beniboybling
He benefited from it by Force Draining them, which in and of itself was a huge Dark Side perversion that furthered the Nexus. You can't do that with a Light Side nexus, that's not how the Light Side works. No it's not, the DS drains life, the light side gives it.

Consider that for a moment, in terms of entire planet teeming with life forms fauna and flora alike, all now thanks to Shaak Ti's influence tipping the scales, drawing on the light side of the Force, generating light side energy. The planet would be saturated with the stuff, Marek himself says as much:

The entire jungle was alive with the Force, from the tiniest spore to the mightiest rancor, and the Felucians themselves were alive with it, too-so alive, in fact, that they tapped into the Force as naturally as humans breathed an oxygen-rich atmosphere.

And it was all at Shaak Ti's fingertips.

This is what I mean when I say a reciprocal relationship, Shaak Ti helped the light side win the war on Felucia, and to the victor goes the spoils. And of course let's not ignore the fact that Marek would have likewise had his powers stifled while in enemy territory.

#AhsokaForMostPowerfulTogruta thumb up

DarthAnt66
Watching Zoltan and Beni discussing SW concepts is like listening through https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4uTEEOJlM&t=0m04s

Beniboybling
Mhm, except, you know, how come Abeloth became something dark and covetous after using the Pool of Knowledge and the Font of Power (ds nexus)? Shouldn't they cancel each other out? Also how come Nyax could use a nexus that was in the Jedi Temple? Are you implying that the whole Jedi Order was sitting on a DS Nexus? Even though it was called a Force Nexus, so yeah...Because the dark side is dominating & corruptive. thumb up

And we are referring to the Sacred Spire, not the nexus locked away beneath the Temple, where presumably it could not be swayed.http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124590/4221875-3643360187-19943.jpgOriginally posted by DarthAnt66
Watching Zoltan and Beni discussing SW concepts is like listening through https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4uTEEOJlM&t=0m04s I understand that anything beyond hype and feats is beyond your comprehension but there is no need to be salty about it.

DarthAnt66
>implies superior knowledge over how the Force works
>http://www.comicvine.com/profile/beniboybling/blog/understanding-the-nature-of-force-ghosts-sith-spir/105225/

http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/2788772255.gif

Nephthys
My browser is shitting itself, don't expect a reply tonight.

FreshestSlice
Quote? All I've heard is the "unlike Tython, Odessen is entirely balanced" thing, which could just as easily be referring to the fact there were numerous Dark nexuses on Tython mixed in with the rest.

Except Lana said, unlike Tython or Korriban it wasn't geared towards "the Dark or the Light." Which means that even if Tython isn't a Light nexus,which would make no sense given the context of the statement, they exist. Hell, even in TFU's campaign guide it says,

"Native to the Force-rich world of Felucia, the Felucian shamans are among the most talented natural Force-users in the galaxy. The world of Felucia is
tied intimately to the Living Force, and as such the world's flora and fauna,
including the Felucians themselves, can be influenced by the presence of
strong agents of the Force, both light and dark"

If the Light Side was just the Force as it should be, a powerful Light Side user shouldn't really effect the planet in such a way to cause problems.

It was retarded in the first place. It's a lot less one sided now. Either way, the Sith can be bad and the Jedi can be good without the Sith trying to suck all life out of the universe.

Beniboybling
>implies superior knowledge over how the Force works
>http://www.comicvine.com/profile/beniboybling/blog/understanding-the-nature-of-force-ghosts-sith-spir/105225/

http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/2788772255.gif >implies superior knowledge over how the Force works
>links my well-received and researched blog on how the Force works.

Dat burn. no expression

DarthAnt66
'Twas intentional.

Your thread was trash.

Selenial
No it's not, the DS drains life, the light side gives it.

Consider that for a moment, in terms of entire planet teeming with life forms fauna and flora alike, all now thanks to Shaak Ti's influence tipping the scales, drawing on the light side of the Force, generating light side energy. The planet would be saturated with the stuff, Marek himself says as much:

The entire jungle was alive with the Force, from the tiniest spore to the mightiest rancor, and the Felucians themselves were alive with it, too-so alive, in fact, that they tapped into the Force as naturally as humans breathed an oxygen-rich atmosphere.

And it was all at Shaak Ti's fingertips.

This is what I mean when I say a reciprocal relationship, Shaak Ti helped the light side win the war on Felucia, and to the victor goes the spoils. And of course let's not ignore the fact that Marek would have likewise had his powers stifled while in enemy territory.

#AhsokaForMostPowerfulTogruta thumb up

This is a whole bunch of opinion, I'm really enjoying it, but when anything you say actually comes up with a way of refuting either of the following, get back to me:

"The Dark Side was strong on Felucia, and Shaak Ti was a beacon in that Darkness"

"Kota leaned closer. "Don't be overconfident, boy. Felucia is a world finely balanced between the light and dark sides of the Force. Shaak Ti was the only thing keeping it from being consumed by darkness. If anything's happened to her, your experience in the hut will seem like a bad dream in comparison.""

Beniboybling
'Twas intentional.

Your thread was trash. In your opinion that no one else seems to share. mmm

I refer to my original point. laughing out loud

DarthAnt66
In your opinion that no one else seems to share. mmm

I refer to my original point. laughing out loud
Only like five other people ever read through the whole thing, and I'm willing to bet two of them were your SWTOR fans, another was LeGenD, and the final you, so nah.

You know a thread is trash when it was created for the sole purpose of countering the new hype of Valkorion with the Ziost event to maintain Palpatine' supremacy on SWTOR.

And then thus, people must realize the entire theme and cherry-picked evidence within the blog is presented in a way to go against the Ziost event instead of an unbiased perception.

Beniboybling
Wow, you really are salty about my thread. I'll leave you to rage, try not to pop a blood vessel. thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Meh. 2.4/10 retort.

DarthAnt66
thumb up Was expecting a massive response. It was funny though bc you could see at the Home page Beni was "Responding" for like ten minutes then, I guess, just backspaced everything and went with the safest response.

Beniboybling
This is a whole bunch of opinion, I'm really enjoying it, but when anything you say actually comes up with a way of refuting either of the following, get back to meWhich you'll naturally get round to debunking when I'm done with the below right?She had taken a world enjoying the normal flows between the light and the dark sides of the Force and twisted it out of balance. There was still darkness on Felucia, but it was stifled, frustrated, weakened. He strained to awaken it, to remind it of its proper place in the universe. The light side had held sway for far too long. It was time to redress the issue. Killing Shaak Ti would do that quite nicely.

How's that?

Beniboybling
thumb up Was expecting a massive response. It was funny though bc you could see at the Home page Beni was "Responding" for like ten minutes then, I guess, just backspaced everything and went with the safest response. No Ant I was responding to Sel, I'm no longer interesting in humoring you. laughing out loud

DarthAnt66
I'm no longer interesting in humoring you. laughing out loud
?

AncientPower
You have Maul and Vos above Windu?

Christ.

Given that without the exception of Windu vs Sidious, Windu isn't as good as he should be then yes. Maul has subdued Dooku and DD Vos outright defeated him.

I mean given certain interpretations Mace had to go all-out against pre-prime Ventress to defeat her; whereas Maul and Vos were cleanly above her prime incarnation.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by AncientPower
Maul has subdued Dooku
mmm

ILS
Nigga

Selenial
Which you'll naturally get round to debunking when I'm done with the below right?She had taken a world enjoying the normal flows between the light and the dark sides of the Force and twisted it out of balance. There was still darkness on Felucia, but it was stifled, frustrated, weakened. He strained to awaken it, to remind it of its proper place in the universe. The light side had held sway for far too long. It was time to redress the issue. Killing Shaak Ti would do that quite nicely.

How's that?

> Marek's view of the Natural order of things is Darkness and Chaos. A world in balance obviously doesn't fit that.

next?

It's quite obvious the world was unstable and changing, but there's no evidence of one side of the force outright winning, merely challenging the other. The area they fought on was one of constant slaughter and sacrifice as well, hardly befitting of a lovely Light Side Nexus, is it.

EmperorSidious2
IIRC didn't Kyle Katarn also benefit from it?

He is a notable user of Kinetatite. He used it agisnst Luke Skywalker on Mimban in the comic splinters eye. Pablo Hildalgo also expa,ins that Kinetite isn't exactly force lightning, it's pure kinetic energy. Then Rise and Fall of Darth Vader also goes on to explain how Vader couldn't use this ability without being in close proximity to the Kaibur Crystal. So my statement that not even Vader could use this ability without a certain help stays.

quanchi112
Why do all kinds of posters on here have all kinds of vendettas(aka you don't agree with me so I will respond only to tell you I'm ignoring you). Isn't the point of a message board to debate when someone disagrees with you ?

Lord Stark
Hard stop at Vos.

Kurk
5 involves many variables in determining the victor
6 Windu wins the majority but not all

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Hard stop at Vos.
How so?

Lord Stark
How so?

Voss can dodge force lightning and outpace the man who repeatedly made Kenobi look like a fool.

DarthAnt66
Eh, Kenobi as of the ROTS novel was moving faster than Dooku and utilizing a defense so good the Count dared not even attempt to attack him.

It's not really fair using TCW Kenobi feats given the massive skill and power disparity between them before and after the Outer Rim Sieges.

AncientPower
For once I agree.

joesha28
If Kenobi does not rest, he stops at Vos. If he rest in between fights, he loses at Windu but barely.

joesha28
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Voss can dodge force lightning and outpace the man who repeatedly made Kenobi look like a fool.

Vos Was fanciful with his Juyo/vaapad style but but Kenobi effectiveness and balance will outlast Vos.

carthage
Loses to everyone 4 and afterward

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.