Fantomex vs Qubit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Match set go!

DarkSaint85
Fantomex, for me. Having seen him misdirect Celestial tech twice, telepaths etc, AND with his gear...

"Id"
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Fantomex, for me. Having seen him misdirect Celestial tech twice, telepaths etc, AND with his gear...

Have you looked into the mechanics of how Misdirection works?

Its not something you would want to attempt on Qubit.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by "Id"
Have you looked into the mechanics of how Misdirection works?

Its not something you would want to attempt on Qubit.

How does it work?

"Id"
How does it work?

The targets mind is displaced, which allows Fantomex to mess with their senses and perception.

Qubit has mental guards to keep mind readers out, and a mind trap to capture anyone who tries to temper with his own.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by "Id"
The targets mind is displaced, which allows Fantomex to mess with their senses and perception.

Qubit has mental guards to keep mind readers out, and a mind trap to capture anyone who tries to temper with his own.

Scans of this...displacement?

I never thought it was mental tampering - as Fantomex has been misdirected by Deathlok-Fantomex (which shouldn't happen, if it's mental, due to that helmet)

"Id"
Scans of this...displacement?

I never thought it was mental tampering - as Fantomex has been misdirected by Deathlok-Fantomex (which shouldn't happen, if it's mental, due to that helmet) http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124715/2541085-2541082-misdirection_countermeasure.jpg

He reaches out into the mind, with a fantasy created by him. What you see above is the mental displacement reflected back to him.

DarkSaint85
That scan called it reality skewing, not mental displacement, though.....

"Id"
Mental displacement is what I call it.

DarkSaint85
Ok.

I just have never seen it called mental displacement (apart from you of course).

Whereas he has been affected by it, something no Telepath has been able to do.

Moreover, high end TP warriors like Shadow King and Psylocke, who also have mental traps in their minds, are easily fooled.

Galan007
Qubit from Marvel, or Qubit from BOOM?

"Id"
Qubit from Boom

Galan007
^ I'd probably be inclined to side with Qubit, then.

StyleTime

Whereas he has been affected by it, something no Telepath has been able to do.

Until Psylocke went beast mode on his ass anyway. stick out tongue

leonidas
yeah, that's....weird. we still have no idea what the counter-measure actually did though. if it's mind altering, how could a computer be fooled...? confused

i was always of the opinion it was some level of reality manipulation--even jamie braddock had to warp reality to break a misdirect. pretty sure it was never intended to have anything to do with the mind when it was introduced.

even if for some reason qubit was...immune (which i would disagree with) fantomex still has long range weapons and far, FAR superior physical skills. qubit could use some tech to bfr him perhaps, though i wouldn't even know what standard gear for him would be.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.