Is Count Dooku a sociopath?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
Hasn't anyone noticed how he's a stoic and basically never shows emotion? Not to mention he's super manipulative?

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Kurk
Hasn't anyone noticed how he's a stoic and basically never shows emotion? Not to mention he's super manipulative?

eh, i can name a few time's he's shown emotions.

AOTC:

He's genuinely sad about Jinn's passing.

extremely dissapointed that Kenobi won't join him.

TCW:

hesitant about killing Asajj and even regrets it at some point.

There's more in legends which really does a good job of humanizing Dooku.

Lord Lucien
Hand dandy Wikipedia lists Factor 1 in the psychopathy checklist as:

Facet 1: Interpersonal

Glibness/superficial charm
Grandiose sense of self-worth
Pathological lying
Cunning/manipulative

Facet 2: Affective

Lack of remorse or guilt
Emotionally shallow
Callous/lack of empathy
Failure to accept responsibility for own actions

So any "genuine" showings of emotion about or toward others probably deserve the air quotes. But really I'd put it down to just a bland and worthless character.

Darth Abonis
He's probably a sociopath on a molecular level. His emotions are parts of the living force shining threw

Lord Lucien
His blunted affect is probably just the midichlorians telling him to be a Sith Lord so Anakin has someone else to execute. The Force is very mysterious that way.

Lord Stark

Nah, in fact, Yoda nearly turned him back to the light on Vjun. Its only when he sensed Anakin (and Kenobi) and ironically enough got jealous because he felt Yoda replaced him when in fact Sidious was in the process of replacing him.

quanchi112
He is a rather lame sociopath who didn't even muster a word when Palpatine had Anakin kill him.

Trocity
He was man enough to not beg for mercy.

|King Joker|
ooh shit

Lord Stark
Originally posted by quanchi112
He is a rather lame sociopath who didn't even muster a word when Palpatine had Anakin kill him.

Yeah, I never understood this lol. (It hardly makes him a pussy though)

I would have been like 'WAIT, wait. He is the Sith Lord, I know you don't believe me but the Jedi Council was literally seconds away from uncovering his identity, that's why Grievous and I attacked Coruscant to save HIS ass. Still don't believe me, check his top drawer in his office, guarantee you there's an all black robe with Darth Sidious sewn into the lining.'

McP
Well, he was an idealist after all. He believed in the New Order, and perhaps it was more important to him, then his own life.

Syndicate
You shut your dirty whore mouth he's a visionary.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Yeah, I never understood this lol. (It hardly makes him a pussy though)

I thought he took his death well. Especially for a Sith Lord. He simply accepted his fate. Better than Maul begging for mercy. That was just sad.

McP
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Especially for a Sith Lord.

Shouldn't be Sith a someone who will fight for his life to the very and? And will do everything, including begging to survive?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by McP
Shouldn't be Sith a someone who will fight for his life to the very and? And will do everything, including begging to survive?

Yeah Sith are generally quite pathetic like that. But Dooku took his death more like a Jedi tbh (just more depressed about it than a Jedi would have been).

quanchi112
Originally posted by Trocity
He was man enough to not beg for mercy. He didn't have to beg but at least try to manipulate his way out of the situation. Dooku went to his death as a true yes man.

quanchi112
I thought he took his death well. Especially for a Sith Lord. He simply accepted his fate. Better than Maul begging for mercy. That was just sad. Well, Palpatine begged for his life and he was also Dooku's master.

Kurk
I think Dooku was actually originally scripted to beg for mercy, however Christopher Lee refused to do it b/c he thought it was out of Dooku's character.

quanchi112
I think Dooku was actually originally scripted to beg for mercy, however Christopher Lee refused to do it b/c he thought it was out of Dooku's character. Link ?

Kurk
Link ?
"Early scripts of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith had additional dialogue during Dooku's death scene, after his wrists had been sliced off. Some of the cut portions of this scene can be seen in the Episode III novel and the comic adaptation. Some of this dialogue was removed because Christopher Lee felt that it was out of character for Dooku to beg Sidious for his life, and George Lucas ended up agreeing with him."

From Dooku's starwars wikia page; footnote leads to The Making of Star Wars Revenge of the Sith written by J.W. Rinzler

EmperorSidious2
I actually read that as well

Darth Thor
Who cares? Lucas agreed with Lee, and that's the final and canon version.

Dooku accepted his fate like a man.

Maul begged and Palpatine screamed like a woman (not to mention some of his begging to Mace may have been legit). Sith are pretty pathetic like that. Dooku must have had some Jedi left in him.

quanchi112
Who cares? Lucas agreed with Lee, and that's the final and canon version.

Dooku accepted his fate like a man.

Maul begged and Palpatine screamed like a woman (not to mention some of his begging to Mace may have been legit). Sith are pretty pathetic like that. Dooku must have had some Jedi left in him. He took it like a weak man. At least object you don't need to beg. He saw that Palpatine used him and allowed him to have him killed off like he was nothing. Maul didn't beg the second time he met up with Palpatine so it's safe to say he learned.

EmperorSidious2
He took it like a weak man. At least object you don't need to beg. He saw that Palpatine used him and allowed him to have him killed off like he was nothing. Maul didn't beg the second time he met up with Palpatine so it's safe to say he learned.

Maul begged like a wimp. Dooku took it like a man. That simple.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Maul begged like a wimp. Dooku took it like a man. That simple.

thumb up

Even Sidious screamed like a wimp when he died.

Dooku was the manliest of all of the Sith. He proved that.

Kurk
Regardless, we know he is the manliest just going off of his beard.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.