Super Star Wars Re-Release (PS Vita)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
The Classic SNES game has been re-released on the vita.

I dunno if I'll pick it up due to lack of real lightsaber combat, it woulda been better if they released a full collection of the three games instead of just the first one.

For those of you wondering, yes, it does add new features, like save states and online leaderboards.

Kazenji
Pretty sure all those old Snes Star Wars games are also getting released on the PS4 too.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji
Pretty sure all those old Snes Star Wars games are also getting released on the PS4 too. Yeah, but I don't have my own PS4, maybe I'll ask Imp to change the thread name.

Ridley_Prime
Considered it for awhile, and guess I'll get it soon on the store (PS4). Some of the trophies look tough, as expected, but am up for the challenge.

And like on the SNES original, there's some cheats you can access on the menu after pushing buttons in a certain order (albeit, not as much).

I only remember using the lightsaber on Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, but hey, if there's a way to use it on this one too, I'll take it. Helps in my decision on getting it, and I guess it goes without saying, but if/when Super ESB and RotJ are out on the store depends on how well the first one sells.

Star Wars Bounty Hunter and Racer Revenge will also be put on the store later, btw.

Kazenji
Never played this games on the Snes only on an emulator, But damn Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi were the harder ones out of the 3.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Considered it for awhile, and guess I'll get it soon on the store (PS4). Some of the trophies look tough, as expected, but am up for the challenge.

And like on the SNES original, there's some cheats you can access on the menu after pushing buttons in a certain order (albeit, not as much).

I only remember using the lightsaber on Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, but hey, if there's a way to use it on this one too, I'll take it. Helps in my decision on getting it, and I guess it goes without saying, but if/when Super ESB and RotJ are out on the store depends on how well the first one sells.

Star Wars Bounty Hunter and Racer Revenge will also be put on the store later, btw. I don't think you can use a lightsaber, not with Luke, anyway.

Ridley_Prime
No, you can. It's just not until the later levels, now that I remember, but with that cheat code you can use it on the first level.

Ridley_Prime
Wow, ended up not needing the lightsaber (or Luke) at all on this... Chewie and Han are better to play as on this one because they start out with stronger blasters, and Han is faster overall while Chewie has a lot more health. (Luke's definitely more useful on Super ESB and RotJ though from what I remember)

Now to just eventually beat this on Jedi difficulty without dying along with one miscellaneous thing... On first impression, amazing how easier and shorter this game seems when you have a save system that you can abuse the hell out of.

Jmanghan
Better then the original?

Of course the game itself won't be. But the overall experience, I mean?

Ridley_Prime
Pretty much, although I don't think it's really fair to compare the controls of it now to using the SNES controller for it... but yeah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.