Darth Vader vs Juno Eclispe [Discussion Thread]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toa_vH6xGqs&t=3m39s

Do you guys agree with FeministFrequency that Juno lost to Vader due to male misogyny?

DarthAnt66
http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/2570579909.png

Syndicate
Ant, don't get into the feminist/meninist community of YouTube. It'll suck you in and suck you dry.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Syndicate
Ant, don't get into the feminist/meninist community of YouTube. It'll suck you in and suck you dry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvYyGTmcP80&t=1m11s
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f6zPj8T3Rk

Syndicate
Oh god, it's too late for you isn't it? D:

DarthAnt66
That smilie triggers me and is offensive to people without mouths or two eyes.

Syndicate
That smilie triggers me and is offensive to people without mouths or two eyes.

;-;

FreshestSlice

Q99
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toa_vH6xGqs&t=3m39s

Do you guys agree with FeministFrequency that Juno lost to Vader due to male misogyny?

Note that it's not saying that she should've won, it's just that the story chose to put her in a position where she'd face Vader so as to be a damsel in distress for the player to rescue.

Also, Syndicate is wise:

Originally posted by Syndicate

Seriously, so, so true. A lot of the groups that get into FemFreq bashing are messed up, you do not want in this fight.

Trocity
She's a proven liar and a pretty disgusting creature tbh.

She, too, is messed up.

Q99
Originally posted by Trocity
She's a proven liar and a pretty disgusting creature tbh.

She, too, is messed up.

Ugh, really, don't even. There is *so much* crap thrown around, much of which is treating fairly minor things as the WORST. THING. EVAR.

Yea, she hurt people's fee-fees for criticizing video games, stating her opinion-as-opinion, and she gets some stuff wrong. Who cares? Move on. Don't obsess, don't get dragged in.

FreshestSlice
Yeah turns out people don't support radical SJWs for finding fault in every little thing or implying that every incidence of "inequality" is reason to ***** fit.

Fated Xtasy
She's just placing an example of a damsel in distress, kid. She's not saying Juno shoulda stomped Vader

Truth be told, it's obvious to see that she's SK's mary jane and she's so... one dimensional compared to Leia, Padme, Ahsoka etc.

The only thing that bothered me about her and SK is that well we've seen that kind of relationship before, the one between a Pilot with morals and a guy with blurry morals; Kyle and Jan. Except Kyle is more... fleshed out and Jan is a kickass women.

So yeah, Juno is a typical damsel, but it's kinda nitpicking at it when you have characters like Claire Farron, Claire Redfield, Sheva, Jill Valentine, Femshep and other characters kicking ass, not to mention the vast number of female jedi/sith doing the same thing.

But again, I can see the issue with Juno's character.

FreshestSlice
Which doesn't matter because:

1. There are a shit ton of one-dimensional male characters.
2. No one claimed Juno was the greatest character ever.
3. Being a love interest means you'll probably be in danger, female or otherwise.
4. Vader isn't solely targeting Juno, so her being the love interest isn't why she "had to face him."
5. Who cares even if it was why she had to?
6. How is being a love interest an example of misogyny? Guess all those Rebels got captured in TFU because of me-soggy-knee too.

I could go on. It's just looking for a reason to *****. Anyone that calls themselves "FeministFrequency" is just looking for attention either way. She's hardly the first special snowflake to ***** about things for no reason. Won't be the last.

Q99
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Yeah turns out people don't support radical SJWs for finding fault in every little thing or implying that every incidence of "inequality" is reason to ***** fit.

Well, that's the thing- she's trying to find a bunch of examples to support her points, and finding flaws in stuff is what criticism is, she's being a critic who points out a lot of small stuff.

It's not particularly radical (indeed, it's almost boring basic- "Damsels in distress is a thing that exists. Here is one form of them. Here are examples of the form."wink, she's not calling for the banning of stuff, she's just going, "Yea, here's a pattern I see and I don't like." She's not throwing a fit in it, she's presenting her view and literally saying, 'this is my opinion, what do you think?'.

And if you disagree with her? That's just fine, she's not calling you a bad person for doing so! It's totally not worth getting worked up on! Heck, she's only talking about video games to begin with- and not even calling the games bad for having these things!

This is not worth any hate. This is worth going, ' "Ugh, her. I don't like her points," *closes tab" '. You know, like one does to any other critic.

I am of the opinion that "Shut the heck up about Feminist Frequency, people blowing their top about such minor criticism makes videos games look way worse than anything in her videos."

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Q99
Ugh, really, don't even. There is *so much* crap thrown around, much of which is treating fairly minor things as the WORST. THING. EVAR.

Originally posted by Q99
Well, that's the thing- she's trying to find a bunch of examples to support her points, and finding flaws in stuff is what criticism is, she's being a critic who points out a lot of small stuff.

mmm

Q99
Tzeentch- And I will note, she does not say this small stuff as the worst thing ever. Which is part of what makes the reaction so overblown, it's really mild criticism.

Even if one doesn't like it, it seems like the kind of thing to brush aside rather than draw everyone's attention to and ask them to watch, y'know?

Tzeentch
Mild criticism is in the eye of the beholder, I imagine. I consider death threats from shit-posters on 4chan to be something to brush off, for example.

edit- That was a joke, if it wasn't clear.

Q99
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Mild criticism is in the eye of the beholder, I imagine. I consider death threats from shit-posters on 4chan to be something to brush off, for example.

Sure, but "Here's something I saw as a pattern and see as an issue, which doesn't mean the game it's from is bad or that each individual instance is a problem. What do you think?" is pretty mild by just about any standards, and that's 90%+ of what she says. You can survive 4chan, but that's kinda like finding the official board of a kids show too scathing.

I get the impression a lot of the reaction is just that these areas are criticized at all.

Or heck, the name. It's pretty silly that people started freaking out just from the name of the videos alone, even before they came out and were discovered by most to be not-exactly-scorching-attacks.

This thread, for example. We got a thread on... 'this person said that Juno Eclipse was put in a Damsel situation once.' That's it. What's there even to say? Leia was a Damsel-in-Distress too, and she's widely appreciated for kicking ass.

The only reason there's a discussion here rather than the thread sinking into rightly earned obscurity is because we know there's a giant hornets nest right alongside the video.

Tzeentch
For what it's worth I've actually never seen a full episode of Feminist Frequency, so I can't really comment on how silly and worthy of scorn her claims may or may not be. My issues with the woman are more that she dumpsters other peoples' projects to get a leg-up on her own and has terrible journalistic integrity.

But yeah this thread is pretty useless. Ant utterly missed the point of the video and so there's not really anything to talk about.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.