ROTS Grievous vs. Ulic Qel-Droma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Round 1: Lightsabers only

Round 2: All out fight

Bonus: Pumpkin carving contest

Battle takes place on Sunrazer's lawnchair

Syndicate
Ulic feats?

EmperorSidious2
Ulic should crush

EmperorSidious2

EmperorSidious2
Nvm

Syndicate
Wow he's quite impressive.

I'll need to look up Exar Kun to get a full scope of his abilities but Ulic looks like he'll have a good chance at putting down the general.

Syndicate
After reviewing Exar Kun an opponent Ulic is a complete match for here's what I think.

Ulic's skill is sufficient to match Grievous's supercomputer brain.

Grievous is faster.

Grievously is stronger.

Grievous is far more durable.

Grievous has more endurance.

Ulic is moderately powerful in the force.

I can see this match going either way.

Excellent match Carth.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Syndicate
Ulic is moderately powerful in the force.
wat

Syndicate
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
wat

From what I saw in the respect thread he force blasted 2 force users and broke his rock/metal restraints. Good showings.

Syndicate
Oh wait! He had an amulet didn't he? Is that standard equipment?

Edit: Going to take a shower. Sorry if I don't immediately respond.

DarthAnt66
From what I saw in the respect thread he force blasted 2 force users and broke his rock/metal restraints. Good showings.
The "wat' was in regards to the fact you only regard a legendary Jedi and Sith like Droma as "moderately powerful".

cs_zoltan
Ulic's skill is sufficient to match Grievous's supercomputer brain.

Are we talking about the same supercomputer brain? The one that can beat Mace Windu?

Trocity
When has Grievous ever beaten Mace?

Syndicate
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Are we talking about the same supercomputer brain? The one that can beat Mace Windu?

It didn't beat Mace Windu. It was beginning to replicate Vaapad and could create unpredictable randomized attack patterns. I believe being able to stalemate Exar Kun is a sufficient skill showing to combat that yes. Exar Kun mastered Niman, was knowledgeable in all lightsaber forms, created the saberstaff and learned how to fight with it ( much like Mace did with Vaapad ), was skilled with Jar Kai and was ambidextrous. As far as I'm concerned this puts Exar Kun on Mace/Dooku's level skill wise.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Trocity

Grievous stalemated Mace when he was unable to move. A good showing but he didn't beat Mace.

Syndicate
The "wat' was in regards to the fact you only regard a legendary Jedi and Sith like Droma as "moderately powerful".

I meant moderately powerful in comparison to the opponents we usually use in verus most of which are in the top 90% of force users.

DarthAnt66
So is Droma. He's a rival of Exar Kun, is the greatest Jedi of his age (during a time of many greats), and is labeled as among the most powerful Sith Lords in history.

He's Dooku level. He wins this.

Syndicate
So is Droma. He's a rival of Exar Kun, is the greatest Jedi of his age (during a time of many greats), and is labeled as among the most powerful Sith Lords in history.

He's Dooku level. He wins this.

I know Droma is in the top 90% that's what I meant in my post.

He MIGHT be Dooku level from what I've read of him but his force feats/speed feats don't seem to be on par. I remember reading he had an amulet ( or that could have been Kun or both of them ). Is that standard equipment for him?

DarthAnt66
His Force feats include a Force Barrier (TK) that tanks Basilisk War Droid fire, which has dented capital ships. erm

And in terms of speed he's doing this: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114474/4250834-ulic+trail+of+light.png on a dark side nexus.

And yeah, standard equipment tbh.

Syndicate
His Force feats include a Force Barrier (TK) that tanks Basilisk War Droid fire, which has dented capital ships. erm

And in terms of speed he's doing this: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114474/4250834-ulic+trail+of+light.png on a dark side nexus.

And yeah, standard equipment tbh.

Which is fine and on Dooku's level but offensively ( which is what matters against Grievous ) he's lacking.

I saw that speed feat. Still doesn't seem to be on par but as I've said in the past I'm not the best judge of speed feats.

What has he demonstrated doing with the amulet?

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Trocity
Grievous stalemated Mace when he was unable to move. A good showing but he didn't beat Mace.

Quote me when I said he beat Mace. I said he can. And since he fought evenly with him while hindered means that he can beat him on neutral ground.

And Exar is not Dooku/Mace level duelist.

carthage
He fought him in Labyrinth of Evil

Syndicate
Quote me when I said he beat Mace. I said he can. And since he fought evenly with him while hindered means that he can beat him on neutral ground.

And Exar is not Dooku/Mace level duelist.

I didn't say you said that.

I disagree. Mace was also hindered as he had to use the force to keep himself from being blown off the maglev meaning he did not have his full force powers diverted to force augmentation.

cs_zoltan
I disagree. Mace was also hindered as he had to use the force to keep himself from being blown off the maglev meaning he did not have his full force powers diverted to force augmentation.

The text makes it obvious who is hindered in that duel:

Just as the Force was keeping Mace from
being blown from the mag-lev's roof, magnetism of some sort was keeping the
general fastened in place. For the cyborg, though, the coherence hindered as
much as it helped, whereas Mace never remained in one place for very long.
Again and again the three blades joined, in snarling attacks and parries.

cs_zoltan
Not to mention Mace admiting his inferiority in the RotS novel.

Syndicate
The text makes it obvious who is hindered in that duel:

Just as the Force was keeping Mace from
being blown from the mag-lev's roof, magnetism of some sort was keeping the
general fastened in place. For the cyborg, though, the coherence hindered as
much as it helped, whereas Mace never remained in one place for very long.
Again and again the three blades joined, in snarling attacks and parries.

They were both hindered and Grievous being stuck in place while limiting to his offense is actually helpful to his defense considering the number of places Mace can attack from is limited to the same exact places. This means Grievous's supercomputer brain could figure out every possible attack and defend from all of them. I'd imagine he can only defend from MOST attacks during live combat likely part of the reason he was defeated by Kenobi.

Syndicate
Not to mention Mace admiting his inferiority in the RotS novel.

I don't care about statements especially not statements from Mace who notoriously underestimates himself.

EmperorSidious2
I don't care about statements especially not statements from Mace who notoriously underestimates himself.

Yea. Saying he was inferior to Grevious please. Mace is honestly just below the Yoda and Sidious level tier of deuling and force powers. I agree with you.

Syndicate
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Yea. Saying he was inferior to Grevious please. Mace is honestly just below the Yoda and Sidious level tier of deuling and force powers. I agree with you.

Thinking of posting one of my first versus threads. Going to look it up to see if it's been done.

Trocity
Quote me when I said he beat Mace. I said he can.

No need to be pissy, it was just how I read it.

SunRazer
Ulic should win all-out, but Grievous takes sabers.

cs_zoltan

Great way to debate thumb up

Still Mace > Exar so Grievous > Ulic.

Syndicate
Originally posted by SunRazer
Ulic should win all-out, but Grievous takes sabers.

Grievous DEFINITELY takes Sabers. I can see Ulic taking all out though.

Syndicate

It's just how I do things. You can take statements and if they match up with showings they're fine but Mace consistently underrates himself so I don't see how it's relevant here.

I agree that Mace is greater then Exar. I also think Mace is greater then Grievous however. I see this as a stalemate or in Ulic's favor depending on what he can do with his amulet.

DarthAnt66
As if you even have a grain of credibility or respect to be sarcastic over someone's debating abilities when they are easily better than you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7tJfyx8Pw8&t=1m45s

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.