Darth Krayt vs. DE Luke Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Round 1: Lightsabers only

Round 2: All out fight

Sinious
R1: Luke solidly.
R2: Luke in a good fight.

NewGuy01
Krayt>FOTJ Luke>DE Luke

FreshestSlice
Why are the only things you take a staunch position on disgusting?
Anyway, Krayt.

Trocity
Yeah, Krayt.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Why are the only things you take a staunch position on disgusting?
Anyway, Krayt.

I am here to offend.

Sinious
How is Krayt taking sabers?

FreshestSlice
By being a better duelist than Luke, naturally.

Sinious
Which one of his saber feats match or surpass contending with Sidious?

FreshestSlice
Luke obviously isn't a Sidious-tier duelist if he needs Leia's help to contend with Sidious. erm

Sinious
I don't believe Luke could defeat Sidious without her help especially since Sidious defeated him before without it in a fight that didn't appear to be epic but thinking that her help was THAT decisive (I mean great enough to make a below Krayt duelist defeat Sidious) doesn't sound logical to me.

FreshestSlice
Except Leia was helping Luke tap into his Force reserves, and given Luke is the son of the Chosen One, I think they'd be pretty large. So yeah, it sounds pretty logical for someone with that much power to be able to outduel Sidious.

Beniboybling
Luke obviously isn't a Sidious-tier duelist if he needs Leia's help to contend with Sidious. erm Leia's Force power wouldn't make Luke a better duelist in terms of technical mastery... just faster, stronger etc.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Leia's Force power wouldn't make Luke a better duelist in terms of technical mastery... just faster, stronger etc.

This.

And Luke takes both.

Krayt is VASTLY overrated.

Beniboybling
Tbh one would imagine dueling evenly with Darth Vader (who supposedly > Sidious now) as of ROTJ, would alone prove him the better duelist.

Syndicate
Tbh one would imagine dueling evenly with Darth Vader (who supposedly > Sidious now) as of ROTJ, would alone prove him the better duelist.

To be fair Vader has greater TK. :P ( This is a jokel you yokel, though Vader actually does... )

Trocity
Originally posted by Syndicate
Krayt is VASTLY overrated.

How so?

Syndicate
Originally posted by Trocity
How so?

People think he's GM Luke's equal because of the Throne of Balance thing.

Trocity
Oh damn, nah I don't think anyone on KMC thinks he's that good.

I honestly think it's DE Luke that's being overrated here, though.

Selenial
Originally posted by Trocity
I honestly think it's DE Luke that's being overrated here, though.

thumb up

And kek at the idea that Krayt isn't a Vader level duelist.

FreshestSlice
Leia's Force power wouldn't make Luke a better duelist in terms of technical mastery... just faster, stronger etc.
Cool. How does rewording what I said make you right? It's almost like being faster and stronger can defeat technical mastery it something. Which is, incidentally what I said happened.

Beniboybling
Cool. How does rewording what I said make you right? It's almost like being faster and stronger can defeat technical mastery it something. Which is, incidentally what I said happened. Because it's seems pretty unlikely that half-trained Leia's Force harmony would be enough to make Luke significantly faster, stronger etc. than DE Palpatine, significant enough to overcome his sabers advantage.

One would imagine he'd at least rival his technical skill to make that work.

FreshestSlice
Or one could imagine Luke is just that powerful. Because again, Luke, and Leia for that matter, are that powerful. Luke is obviously skilled, but he isn't as skilled as Sidious. Especially given that not long after, he's struggling with far lesser duelists. Also she only used Force Harmony for the WoL.

Beniboybling
Fair point, fair point.

That said I would still maintain DE Luke is a better duelist than Vader, which if new canon sources are to be believed, puts him above Palpy.

Deronn_solo
LAL.
Luke takes lightsabers, but loses all-out.

Luke raw skill was good enough for him to duel evenly with one of the most skilled duelist the galaxy have ever known in Darth Vader; logical inference should lead us to the conclusion that thanks to Luke insane intrinsic aptitude and incredible learning ability, that Luke's skill increased with experience battling various opponents (Lumiya, Flint, Nightsisters, Noghri, Ssi-ruuk, Shadowspawn, Luuke), etc.

FreshestSlice
That said I would still maintain DE Luke is a better duelist than Vader, which if new canon sources are to be believed, puts him above Palpy.
I don't think we should mix canon and Legends unless told otherwise in the OP. Especially when both are Legends characters.

Beniboybling
Eh, fair enough. > Vader is still Krayt tier or above though.

SunRazer
I don't see how Luke is taking Force, but he definitely takes sabers.

Sinious
Krayt may be a Vader level duelist. I don't take the whole Vader > Sidious BS seriously as I think he is at least a tier above everyone else in that era except Yoda and Luke being able to defeat him(even if it was a boosted feat) is still enough to put him above both Vader and Krayt as a duelist. I agree the all out fight here is arguable but sabers only should definitely go to Luke.

NewGuy01
And Mace. And apparently Plagueis could have. That makes four.

Sinious
lol you know what I meant.

SunRazer
Plagueis beating Sidious in a duel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.