Is Ben Kenobi the ultimate Jedi ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
How do you feel about this opinion ? It also confirms my earlier thoughts that Star Wars wasn't fantasy only despite Darth Thor's insistence on it being so. He reiterates my views that this is opinion based and like all opinions they vary.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11/28/force-awakens-writer-star-wars-is-its-own-genre?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=14&utm_campaign=Blogroll

quanchi112
I do not think Kenobi is the best Jedi ever.

Aurbere
I think Plo Koon is the best Jedi ever smilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmile

FreshestSlice
Obi-Wan obviously plays the model Jedi well. It's just too bad that the model Jedi is more often than not, well to put it bluntly, ****ing retarded.

Emperordmb
Obi-Wan's one of the most powerful Jedi as a padawan tbh

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11120/111205740/4932787-screen+shot+2015-11-25+at+11.09.52+am.png

quanchi112
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Obi-Wan's one of the most powerful Jedi as a padawan tbh

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11120/111205740/4932787-screen+shot+2015-11-25+at+11.09.52+am.png That is part of the problem.

Emperordmb
Nah, Obi-Wan's just a badass thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Nah, Obi-Wan's just a badass thumb up Nah. Badasses are Windu, Sidious, and Yoda in the Star Wars universe but even they have their own drawbacks. Next trilogy should right the wrongs of the past.

Tzeentch
Obi-Wan's not the strongest Jedi but I would say that he's arguably second to Luke in personifying Jedi ideals.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Obi-Wan's not the strongest Jedi but I would say that he's arguably second to Luke in personifying Jedi ideals.
I could see that tbh.

Luke is the #1 in my top three Jedi for that reason, Obi's in my top 3 for that reason, and Windu's in my top 3 just cause he's a badass mother ****er

ares834
Windu is a piece of shit that embodies all the worst aspects of the Jedi.

Syndicate
Quo Gon is the greatest Jedi imo.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
Windu is a piece of shit that embodies all the worst aspects of the Jedi. Iyo not everyone else's.

ares834
http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/south-park/clip-thumbnails/season-14/1411/south-park-s14e11c05-god-bless-you-captain-hindsight-4x3.jpg

Sinious
Originally posted by ares834
Windu is a piece of shit that embodies all the worst aspects of the Jedi. I like the character but yeah, he was super unwelcoming for a Jedi.

quanchi112
I agree that Windu was one of the lamest, blandest characters out there but he was a badass despite my personal distaste of him. To me the ultimate Jedi should represent the ideals better than he did IMO. He'd kick the shit out of Kenobi but to me Kenobi was the better Jedi in how I perceive Jedi.

Sinious
Despite what most people say about him Yoda > All in this regard imo.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sinious
Despite what most people say about him Yoda > All in this regard imo. At the point in which we see Yoda I agree but to me I'd probably say Luke since we see his entire journey come full circle from arrogant youth to Jedi. He also won over the emperor and his actions caused Vader to see the light. I'd say Luke personally but Yoda and Kenobi are the only three who should be considered for this IMO.

Sinious
I just think Yoda had a better understanding of the Force than any other Jedi and also had the wisest perspective on things. Luke's more earthly approach may have helped him deal with certain issues more efficiently but other than that, I don't think he was closer to being the perfect Jedi than Yoda.

ares834

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sinious
I just think Yoda had a better understanding of the Force than any other Jedi and also had the wisest perspective on things. Luke's more earthly approach may have helped him deal with certain issues more efficiently but other than that, I don't think he was closer to being the perfect Jedi than Yoda. Yoda did have more experience and had multiple centuries to perfect his understanding I just believe Luke is. I can't forgive Yoda's failure over the Emperor and Luke's eventual triumph through the inspiration of his shitty father as better evidence of it being Luke. We will see what an older, more experienced Luke Skywalker is capable of.

Lord Stark
The ultimate Jedi is Yoda.

Tzeentch
Yoda's been simply wrong too many times to really be considered the #1 Jedi. His disregard for Anakin's problems directly led to Anakin turning to Palpatine for help, as Anakin felt that he had no other options to save Padme. Yoda thought that Vader was beyond redemption and wanted Luke to destroy both him and the Emperor, not realizing that doing so would have turned Luke to the dark side and perpetuated the cycle of conflict between the dark and the light.

In general, by virtue of being the leader of the Jedi he was responsible for enforcing the self-defeating virtues the Jedi idealized that ultimately led to their destruction. He's undoubtedly one of the top characters in the mythos in regards to possessing knowledge of the force itself, but on an interpersonal level Yoda was kind of a retard who didn't seem to really "get" human/sentient-nature.

joesha28

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Lord Stark
The ultimate Jedi is Yoda.

If by ultimate you mean powerful, then I'd agree. Beyond that, I'd say Yoda's personal arc in the story is to be one of abject failure. it ultimately makes him a better character I think, and it's pretty compelling.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lord Stark
The ultimate Jedi is Yoda. Ultimate failure.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.