Constantine vs Manchester Black

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
1) Random encounter, where they fight after insulting each other on the street.

2) Arena battle after 2 hours prep for each.

Preboot or DCnU, whichever version you like best.

leonidas
constantine isn't losing in a prep battle. in a random encounter...? quickdraw? i'm sure john has tp defenses in place, but not sure if he could deal with a tk hug that can batter superman.

this is a REALLY tough battle to try and call. with constantine there is always all manner of weirdness to consider.

DarkSaint85
Random encounter?

Preboot Constantine MIGHT be able to do it, with the synchronicity wave travelling.

Post? Not so sure.

basilisk
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Random encounter?

Preboot Constantine MIGHT be able to do it, with the synchronicity wave travelling.

Post? Not so sure. Given Constantine's nature, and those pesky telepaths that seem to be everywhere, does he take precautions against that sort of thing? Has he ever faced a telepath? A lot of magic guys have psi sort of powers too, so you would think he is quite familiar with it.

panthergod
God, this would be entertaining , as Black is a parody of the various Ellis Constantine offshoots like Jenny Sparks, etc...

Zack M
Constantine.

basilisk
3) Straight up fist fight?

deathslash
Originally posted by basilisk
3) Straight up fist fight? Johnny all day.

DarkSaint85
Depends, actually.

In a fistfight, he usually relies on Chas to help him out.

deathslash
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Depends, actually.

In a fistfight, he usually relies on Chas to help him out. are we talking preboot or new 52? I've seen both versions display a pretty good knowledge in h2h. Also, Constantine is pretty good at ignoring pain and continuing to fight on.

DarkSaint85
I was using preboot. He has some OK showings of fighting dirty then running, but a lot of uselessness until Chas shows up, lol.

Adam Grimes
Black is kind of a dork. Constantine wins rounds 1-2 comfortably and maybe 3 for a majority.

Surtur
I don't see how Constantine ever wins in a random fight. Black could just snap his neck with a flick of his wrist. That is assuming Constantine has any feats to show he could resist a telepath of Black's caliber.

deathslash
Originally posted by Surtur
I don't see how Constantine ever wins in a random fight. Black could just snap his neck with a flick of his wrist. That is assuming Constantine has any feats to show he could resist a telepath of Black's caliber. what's stopping John from teleporting black away or taking him down with an energy blast? Let's not forget about john's shields either?

DarkSaint85
I don't see how Constantine ever wins in a random fight. Black could just snap his neck with a flick of his wrist. That is assuming Constantine has any feats to show he could resist a telepath of Black's caliber.

He has PIS formalised into an actual power for him...his synchronicity wave travelling.

Plus, his trenchcoat is sentient, and can protect him. He also has tats etc all over him which protect him against possession, but of course, that's different from 'normal' telepathy.

AlmightyKfish
Vertigo John dies instantly in a random encounter. Without prep he can barely fight normal people let alone actually do anything to a super human, Black could very literally flatten him with TK in an instant. Synchronicity really doesn't help John in fights.

With prep he can win.

DcNu John was more quick draw options that could give him the win but I'd generally side with Black even then.

And again w/ prep DcNu John would win.

In a fistfight idk about DcNu John but Vertigo John probably gets kicked to death, seeing how he is an awful fighter and is like 60.

Surtur
Originally posted by deathslash
what's stopping John from teleporting black away or taking him down with an energy blast? Let's not forget about john's shields either?

Nothing but then it comes down to a quick draw.

As for shields, have they ever once protected him from someone telekinetically messing around with his brain? Or smashing his windpipe? Note I am not talking about firing some telekinetic projectile at his wind pipe, but directly focusing on it and crushing it. Sort of like a force choke, but much much quicker.

If he has tattoo's that protect from possession that is fine, but that doesn't translate into telepathic defenses, especially to someone on the level of Black.

I'm also pretty sure Black has shields as well.

deathslash
Nothing but then it comes down to a quick draw.

As for shields, have they ever once protected him from someone telekinetically messing around with his brain? Or smashing his windpipe? Note I am not talking about firing some telekinetic projectile at his wind pipe, but directly focusing on it and crushing it. Sort of like a force choke, but much much quicker.

If he has tattoo's that protect from possession that is fine, but that doesn't translate into telepathic defenses, especially to someone on the level of Black.

I'm also pretty sure Black has shields as well. not that I can recall. I could search through some old scans, but I'm on my phone right now so I might do that later.

Alright, you have a very good point, but I have one question for you. What stops John from teleporting away from the attack or creating an illusion to fool black? Off if the top of my head I remember one instance in which the spectre tried to smash john, and not only did John teleporting away, he also vanished completely from the spectre.

Time-Immemorial
Johnny all day

cdtm
Even if we assume John has shields against direct tp/tk, what stops Black from simply creating a tk storm of junk and KOing him that way?

It's what Spectre did, against a holy mage who was immune to all his powers..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.