Captain Cold Vs The Incredible Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zps1hycchk8.jpg

Pre DCnu Captain Cold. Classic "Hulk Smash" Hulk.
No prep. No BFR. Midtown Manhattan 1 block start distance.
Snart hangs with the fastest man alive, can he do it with the strongest one there is?

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zpswkkoya0b.jpg

Sin I AM
Doesn't he have absolute zero weaponry? If can maybe cause a stalemate but he cant ko or kill hulk

riv6672
I know Snart's gun generates a "cold field" that slows Flash down enough to get tagged, and i've heard the term absolute zero used in reference to him.
He for sure will be able to apply himself to the Hulk, to what degree (no pun intended) i was hoping you all would debate.

Magnon
Snart uses negative absolute temperatures to take Hulk out. Spite.

Rao Kal El
Absolute Zero! stick out tongue

riv6672
^^^Yes absolute zero is Snart's thing. stick out tongue

Prof. T.C McAbe
Captain Cold goes below Zero and wins!

carver9
Hulk has tanked absolute 0 before with no issues at all. Hulk kills him 10/10.

riv6672
^^^Well, Hulk's operated in space. 2.7 Kelvin (-270.45 Celsius, -454.81 Fahrenheit, according to Google.

DarkSaint85
Cold goes BELOW absolute zero.

So Hulk's showings at absolute zero are like a cow's opinion...a moo point.

riv6672
Well, i know at least one version of Iceman cubed a grey Hulk, so there's that.
Still, dont think a cold field slow Hulk so much he's not going to attack while Cold does his thing.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by riv6672
Still, dont think a cold field slow Hulk so much he's not going to attack while Cold does his thing.

When?

basilisk

In Defenders, Warbot also one-shotted Hulk with a freeze blast so cold it knocked Hulk out instantly. That was savage dumb Hulk of course, so he's different these days.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by basilisk
In Defenders, Warbot also one-shotted Hulk with a freeze blast so cold it knocked Hulk out instantly. That was savage dumb Hulk of course, so he's different these days.

OP has asked for that version of Hulk, so I guess it's..clear?

basilisk
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
OP has asked for that version of Hulk, so I guess it's..clear? Oh yeah, missed that. So yes that Hulk version went down.

http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae129/bbsimg/57-101.jpg
http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae129/bbsimg/57-111.jpg

carver9
Lol at the age of that scan.

basilisk
Originally posted by carver9
Lol at the age of that scan. Yeah but as they said above, this is the version of Hulk specified for this fight - "Classic "Hulk Smash" Hulk."

Hulk even says "Hulk will smash!" in the scan.

carver9
For some strange reason, Riv is afraid of using current/more up to date Hulks.

Prof. T.C McAbe

So you agree that Hulk loses in this fight?

carver9
Depends. CC doesn't tend to start all of his fights off with absolute 0. Hulk could easily hit the ground causing a massive quake and proceeding from the point of blitzing and one shot knocking his opponent out. With that said, Hulk wins 8/10.

DarkSaint85
Proof that Cold has a temperature gradient in his fights?

riv6672
Well, you're afraid of Superman, so nyah.

Question:
What's CCs record against super strong characters? Who has he taken out thats of comparable power to the Hulk?
Honest question, as i have admittedly lost touch with the character.

DarkSaint85
Well, you're afraid of Superman, so nyah.

Question:
What's CCs record against super strong characters? Who has he taken out thats of comparable power to the Hulk?
Honest question, as i have admittedly lost touch with the character.

He mainly goes up against speedsters (obv), but doesn't like fighting anyone else. Streets like Bats, heralds like Supes - he just doesn't tangle with them, because he's not after a fight.

So a zero record? Lol.

riv6672
Well, then. stick out tongue

Thanks for the answer though. Still seems like a good fight to me, then.

DarkSaint85
Well, then. stick out tongue

Thanks for the answer though. Still seems like a good fight to me, then.

It would, except we have already seen the exact same type of attack beat the Hulk....

Not to mention, as you point out, Snart deals with Flashes (who on average and peak are faster than Hulk).

riv6672
Its not the exact same attack though.
We had a thread recently that discussed how two types of phasing (Kitty Pryde/Vision) affected Iron Man's armor differently.
My example of Iceman (and Grey Hulk), and the Warbot example are certainly food for thought, but neither works the same as Snart's gun.

Granted, the above isnt applicable to EVERY power.
While we've never seen Snart get punched by a Hulk level character, chances are its going to be pretty effective whether the strength behind that punch is derived from gamma rays or magic lightning, armor, alien fueled cells...stick out tongue

DarkSaint85
Its not the exact same attack though.
We had a thread recently that discussed how two types of phasing (Kitty Pryde/Vision) affected Iron Man's armor differently.
My example of Iceman (and Grey Hulk), and the Warbot example are certainly food for thought, but neither works the same as Snart's gun.

Granted, the above isnt applicable to EVERY power.
While we've never seen Snart get punched by a Hulk level character, chances are its going to be pretty effective whether the strength behind that punch is derived from gamma rays or magic lightning, armor, alien fueled cells...stick out tongue

True - although not sure how different Warbot is from Snart, and whether those differences are applicable to this fight.

I'm assuming he has human level durability, so if Hulk punches him, it's lights out.

Otherwise, over 500m, I can't see Hulk outspeeding Snart (when he is used to dealing with faster) and his gun can (and does) on default mode, go to the exact same temp as the Warbot (it actually goes below).

h1a8
Hulk has tanked absolute 0 before with no issues at all. Hulk kills him 10/10. scans

riv6672
True - although not sure how different Warbot is from Snart, and whether those differences are applicable to this fight.

I'm assuming he has human level durability, so if Hulk punches him, it's lights out.

Otherwise, over 500m, I can't see Hulk outspeeding Snart (when he is used to dealing with faster) and his gun can (and does) on default mode, go to the exact same temp as the Warbot (it actually goes below).
I gotcha, just advocating devilishly, you usually provide great food for thought. thumb up

basilisk

Otherwise, over 500m, I can't see Hulk outspeeding Snart (when he is used to dealing with faster) and his gun can (and does) on default mode, go to the exact same temp as the Warbot (it actually goes below). While I posted the Warbot example, I think it is still plausible for Hulk to take some wins. If this was played out in the old Incredible Hulk mag from the savage dumb Hulk period it might go something like: first encounter Hulk goes "Hulk smash" and Cold gets the drop on him by freezing him out as per Warbot. Next issue rematch, Hulk escapes or whatever and encounters Cold and blows him away with a thunderclap before he can fire, after Cold says something villain-like such as "You again monster? I thought I taught you a lesson last time!". I know, Cold regularly deals with speedsters but that stuff rarely transfers in comics.

A more extreme scenario would be that Hulk is so enraged the next time he meets Cold that his gamma burn is off the scale and the freeze ray doesn't cut it - "It... it's not possible! Nothing can walk through that!" followed by a Hulk punch.

Anyway that would be comics in the old days. But in the thread scenario Cold gets the majority win based on the Warbot example.

riv6672
Fun bit of reasoning. Thanks.

The Sorrow
Hulk stomps... And wins.

riv6672
A majority? I think it'd be a majority, no offense to Snart.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.