DC's Telepathic Hierarchy??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
When talking about DC, it seems it's always about Speedsters, or mystics, or bricks, but what about the Telepathic side? Off the top of my head:

Universal scope:
Dominus
Brainiac
Hector Hammond (DCnU)
Saturn Girl (Zero Hour)

Planetary:
Despero
Darkseid
Maxwell Lord
Martian Manhunter
H.I.V.E. Queen
Saturn Girl (Pre-Crisis)
Ultra-Humanite
Manchester Black
Starro
Brainwave Sr.
Maxima
Psimon
Saturn Queen

Others:

Gorilla Grodd
Miss Martian
Doctor Psycho
Captain Comet

SquallX
Starro should be higher than planetary.

beatboks
Originally posted by SquallX
Starro should be higher than planetary.
Starro shouldn't be in the list.
He's not a telepath, he's a parasite that forms a simbiotic relationship.
No starro spore on host, no ability to connect to their mind.

riv6672
Pretty good OP list.

For what its worth, i've seen this discussed since joining here and, seems the majority places this particular power in the MUs house. Same as (pointed out in OP) DC has a firm hold on speedsters.
Not to say DC doesnt have a good telepathic hierarchy (again, good OP list). The gap in this category is far less than the speedster gap thats for sure.

Zack M
Originally posted by riv6672
Pretty good OP list.

For what its worth, i've seen this discussed since joining here and, seems the majority places this particular power in the MUs house. Same as (pointed out in OP) DC has a firm hold on speedsters.
Not to say DC doesnt have a good telepathic hierarchy (again, good OP list). The gap in this category is far less than the speedster gap thats for sure.

I'd say Marvel has an edge, but only in exposure, not by numbers. DC has the brick, street level, super genius, speedster, and mystic edge in their universe. Here is a hierarchy I found on KMC:

I'll try and replicate this:

Unlimited TP capabilities: Dominus, Brainiac, Starro, Hector Hammond, Tim Hunter, The Endless, Saturn Girl, Mageddon

Master Telepaths: Despero, Guardians of the Universe, Darkseid, Ultra-Humanite, Martian Manhunter, Captain Comet, Maxwell Lord, HIVE Queen, Saturn Girl (PC), Psimon (PC), Manchester Black, Brainwave Sr.

High Level TP's: Brainwave Jr., Saturn Girl (3boot), Dr. Fate, Grifter, Helspont, Doctor Psycho, Esper Lass, The Martians (White, Green), Saturn Woman, Maxima

Mid Level TP's: Gorilla Grodd, Miss Martian, Aquaman, Jemm, Raven

Low Level: Andrew Bennett, Lillith, Mento, Anton Arcane.

"Id"
Dr Fate has a telepathic range that's Galaxy wide.

With that said Range alone is not the only way to rank a telepath. Scope has to be factored in.

A balance of Range and Scope.

riv6672
Yeah, i did a thread on monopolies between the companies here, that i'm pretty sure you weighed in on really well. This power set was for sure in there. Edge to Marvel.

"Id"
Corrrection meant to say depth and scope.

Zack M
Originally posted by "Id"
Corrrection meant to say depth and scope.

Where do you rank some of these characters?

jrodslam
The high end mages beat out MM. Just saying.

Flyattractor
What kind of TP Feats does Darksied have?

basilisk
Originally posted by jrodslam
The high end mages beat out MM. Just saying. Didn't Zatanna expel MM out of her mind once?

abhilegend
Several times.

riv6672
Thats pretty gross.

beatboks
Originally posted by Zack M
I'd say Marvel has an edge, but only in exposure, not by numbers. DC has the brick, street level, super genius, speedster, and mystic edge in their universe. Here is a hierarchy I found on KMC:

I'll try and replicate this:

Unlimited TP capabilities: Dominus, Brainiac, Starro, Hector Hammond, Tim Hunter, The Endless, Saturn Girl, Mageddon

Master Telepaths: Despero, Guardians of the Universe, Darkseid, Ultra-Humanite, Martian Manhunter, Captain Comet, Maxwell Lord, HIVE Queen, Saturn Girl (PC), Psimon (PC), Manchester Black, Brainwave Sr.

High Level TP's: Brainwave Jr., Saturn Girl (3boot), Dr. Fate, Grifter, Helspont, Doctor Psycho, Esper Lass, The Martians (White, Green), Saturn Woman, Maxima

Mid Level TP's: Gorilla Grodd, Miss Martian, Aquaman, Jemm, Raven

Low Level: Andrew Bennett, Lillith, Mento, Anton Arcane.

Issues as ISee them.
1.as stated before Starro isn't a TPer.
2.not all of the endless really have TP feats to rate this high
3. Darkseid's feats are alos limited and the best ones I recal were involving other things (soulfire in death of the gods)
4. Comet (who's an absolute fave of mine) has high and low showings. Example in one classic story while he defeats Grodd in TP he stares Grodd is more powerful
5. There is evidence to show Brainwave Jnr above his father in many ways (while other counters). During generations saga snr was shown as perfectly matching Ultra humanite in a stalemated TP battle. Once Snr died (only by being destracted protecting his son) he merged his power with his sins and Ultra was shocked that Jnr was now superior to him. Also in the lead in to Black Reign Hank jnr easily read Black adam's mind (despite his god's protection) which as we know MMH struggles to do in WWIII. Hank's tp is so strong but his defense is weak. So much so he litterally cant "keep minds out". It was shown inearly post COIE issues that the reason he left the team was because he couldnt keep their thoughts out of his mind and that he literaly had thousands of minds inside his at all times. That's what made him go mad and turn evil. Lets also not forget he CASUALLY stomped Maxima in the astral plane with only an aspect of his persona.

BW Jnr would likely loose to weaker TPers because of his lack of defense but his "assault" would certainly be stronger.

deathslash
Originally posted by Flyattractor
What kind of TP Feats does Darksied have? he's mentally dominated characters before but the best feat that he has is from the great darkness saga. He casually dominated six million (or was it billion?) Daxamites and had them attack thousands of planets all across the galaxy to spread the terror and gospel of darkseid. He was also controlling them while battling the remainder of the legion of superheroes and the newly resurrected highfather and orion. Not only that, when then the daxamites where finally freed from his control, he stated that he was actually much weaker than he used to be.

I'm not sure if this counts as a shared feat, but darkseid also took the child of lightning lad and Saturn girl and casually turned him into validus (a character that can easily contend with Saturn girl in telepathic combat).

DarkSaint85
Three billion Daxamites.

deathslash
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Three billion Daxamites. thanks buddy. It's been a while since I read it.

beatboks
See GDS is another quite merky one

1. Where does it sit canon wise. I mean it is pre COIE and yeah with the whole pocket universe blah bla bla, it's very hard to nail down LoSH canon.

2. DS was amped during GDS quite a bit. he started off weak but slowly absorbed the power of MANY mystical artifacts and then Mordru (once he had the clone of Orion distract him etc).

So can that really be classed as DS within his own normal power levels???

-K-M-
Well he did say even with all the powers he absorbed he was just trying to get back to his normal levels *shrugs*

-K-M-
Comet mentions his telepathy can extend 5 light years (1 light year=5,865,696,000,000 miles).

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Space31-01.jpg

Post resurrection Comet got his telepathy amped so would be even further now

beatboks
Originally posted by -K-M-
Comet mentions his telepathy can extend 5 light years (1 light year=5,865,696,000,000 miles).

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Space31-01.jpg

Post resurrection Comet got his telepathy amped so would be even further now

Yeah post-resurrection comet was a mental Beast. He stomped 7 clones of his former body in TP battle simultaneously and was able to completely rewire the wierds mind to remove the memory placed there by a dozen of said clones (it took all 12 just alter one memory). So he's at least 12 times more powerful mentally than his pre Mystery in space self. Shame he lost all his physical powers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.