Grievous and Dave

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Can someone provide me with the quotes where Dave said a council master can defeat Grievous?

Darth Thor
Doesn't say specifically council member:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/03/21/star-wars-the-clone-wars-looking-back-at-season-4?page=3

"I still don't believe that, at this point -- one-to-one -- that Grievous could really take out someone like Ventress in a lightsaber fight. I mean, it's just me, but he doesn't have the Force. He can't wield it. I don't see how he can hope to be as proficient as a Jedi or a Sith could be fighting with a lightsaber, which is why he's always willing to dirty play at the end of the day."

"Yeah, it's in the movie. Mace Windu says, "General Grievous will run and hide, as he always does." He's an interesting character for all that thought. And obviously, you know, he's adept at using lightsabers, but I always thought his thing was fear. If you are afraid of the many swirling blades, then you'll parish staring at them. But if you can just focus through it, you can defeat that opponent "

DarthAnt66
Thank you.

Nargaroth
And yet, in spite of all that, he was still shown as being consistently equal, or at times even superior, to someone like Kenobi, who is on Ventress' level as far as skill goes. Heck, he also went toe-to-toe with Maul, who is one of the most skilled warriors in Sith history even in canon. All in all, I wouldn't take Filoni's opinion at face value as far as Grievous' skill goes.

Darth Thor
^ True. And Canon sources have confirmed Grievous's threat to Jedi as a legitimate one.

But to be fair Filoni did also admit Grievous can be a threat to many Jedi with this part:

And obviously, you know, he's adept at using lightsabers, but I always thought his thing was fear. If you are afraid of the many swirling blades, then you'll parish staring at them.

Zenwolf
Also he has the cybernetics to offset not having The Force. Which give the level of tech that thus far what the SWU has been able to make, it shouldn't be that far fetched that one can have cybernetics to compete with Jedi/Sith.

Darth Subjekt
I can't remember the book, so if it's no longer canon, please forgive me, but I remember reading that while Ddoku was training GG, there were times when even Dooku was "hard-pressed" to best GG.

Now considering that Dooku is one the finest duelists in the mythos, and that OB1 was specifically chosen to fight GG because of his superb mastery of Soresu, I'd say that GG has a very good chance at defeating many of the Jedi of the time.

Just an opinion though.

Tzeentch
Jesus, dude. Way to just... randomly appear.

Q99
Originally posted by Nargaroth
And yet, in spite of all that, he was still shown as being consistently equal, or at times even superior, to someone like Kenobi, who is on Ventress' level as far as skill goes. Heck, he also went toe-to-toe with Maul, who is one of the most skilled warriors in Sith history even in canon. All in all, I wouldn't take Filoni's opinion at face value as far as Grievous' skill goes.

Note how he specifically softened Maul up first with Magnadroids.

He is *quite* a fan of using a group of magnadroids so he doesn't have to face a strong foe fresh.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Q99
Note how he specifically softened Maul up first with Magnadroids.

He is *quite* a fan of using a group of magnadroids so he doesn't have to face a strong foe fresh.

Just tactical intelligence there.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Jesus, dude. Way to just... randomly appear.

Yea, it's what I do. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.