Cheating in console fighters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Does it happen? Can anyone confirm it happens?

Been playing with a friend from India. We used to be roomies here in the US, and we've kept in touch since he went home. He was never very good, but neither was I, so going with a full seconds input lag isn't a big deal to me. I simply stay away from characters like Fei Long.

Well, lately, my friends execution level has risen dramatically.. Like, he'll spam a shoyoken, a Tiger Knee all night long, one after another.

And the weird thing is, he never comes online, except to game. Never seen him online practicing.

And this ONLY happens with Street. Other games, he can't execute the simplest special, even similar ones like Sol Badguy's.

Jmanghan
Why is this such a big issue to you?

He just discovered how to do more moves in Street Fighter, and doesn't know how to execute those moves in other games.

Case Closed.

cdtm
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Why is this such a big issue to you?

He just discovered how to do more moves in Street Fighter, and doesn't know how to execute those moves in other games.

Case Closed.

Kind of a predictible response.

It's not exactly a "big issue".

Anyways, after a little prodding, he admitted he's using a programmable controller.(Turbofire 2, I think he said.) Basically gives him a "simple mode" option from.MvsC3. (He uses simple on that as well, as do I on occasion..)

Adam Grimes
Just rage quit m8.

cdtm
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Just rage quit m8.

You know, thinking it over: Why something like a programmable on fighters considered a "cheat", but macros on PC games aren't?

For that matter, why's a fight stick vs a gamepad fair? The line's kind of arbitrary, imo.

Zack Fair
lol@ragequit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.