Galactus Vs...in intelligence

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Thanos
Supreme Intelligence
Darkseid
Metron
The Watcher
Celestials
Anti Monitor
Brainiac
Mr. Myxlplyx

Really just curious as to how smart Galactus actually is.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Brainiac
Mr. Myx
AM
Darkseid
Celestials
Galactus
Metron
Thanos
The Watcher
Supreme Int

riv6672
Thank you!

Sin I AM
Can galactus really be used as a gauge for intelligence? His cosmic awareness is kinda a cheap go around as well as those higher up the cosmic food chain

riv6672
I dunno, he has a ship, someone built the dang thing.
Slso, Celestials have used earth as a test tube, thats pretty sciency. Awareness i put in a different context i suppose.

riv6672
This is something just provided by a friend...

http://www.comicsrecommended.com/images/marvel/fantastic-four-210-galactus.jpg

Power Cosmic II
In terms of tech/science

Galactus' ship Tea II (which he built) is bigger than a solar system. Dr. Doom stated he could conquer entire galaxies with just one piece of non descript tech in Taa II

He has a room dedicated to just sound. He has tech that recorded the "noise" produced by the big bang.

Galactus' tech (not Doom's) allowed Doom to usurp the powers of pre retcon beyonder

G's tech is beyond Reed and Thanos' understanding

Galactus had something to do with the ultimate nullifier's existence

He created Tyrant from scratch

His smaller ship was able to outrun the power of the IG for a bit

Etc

Even before he became Galactus, Galan was one of the foremost scientists in the "most advanced civilization in the universe"

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Brainiac
Mr. Myx
AM
Darkseid
Celestials
Galactus
Metron
Thanos
The Watcher
Supreme Int Awful list.
Mxy was outsmarted by the Joker ffs.

Surtur
Yeah I'm not sure why Mxy is even on here. He's been outsmarted by Superman as well. He is powerful, but he's not necessarily super intelligent.

I also don't see Darkseid as smarter then Galactus. Remember Darkseid has other scientists and stuff creating all the tech he uses. I'm also not exactly sure if Brainiac is even above Galactus.

DarkSaint85
5D imp magic = science so advanced, it looks like magic to us.

Surtur
That doesn't mean Mxy personally has to be smart to use it.

I also thought the origins of the Imps seems to vary. Since Mxy was being effected when magic was being messed around with, which shouldn't of happened at all if it was just technology.

Genii96
Galactus tops them all in intelligence,and his CA is quite a cheap win

Astner
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
And apparently to the Spectre, because he stole Mxy's magic.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Astner
And apparently to the Spectre, because he stole Mxy's magic.

Considering Mxy>>>>Spectre, that seems fair.

Hell, an imp with FAR fewer feats than Mxy (Lkz) imprisoned the Spectre.

riv6672
Thanks for answteing why Myx is in the list.

And thanks, Power Cosmic II, that post is VERY helpful.

Genii96
I thought spectre couldn't get out of that pirson cuz if he did it would cause some form of destruction or so? Also I thought all 5D imps are basically the same? Seeing as their power over the 3D is due to being drom a hgigher dimension?

DarkSaint85
Yes, but to put him in that prison in the first place....

Genii96
And how much power did he have at his disposal at that time? And was it a full on fight?..he also took mxy's power iirc

DarkSaint85
Lkz? Or the Spectre?

Mxy has casually taken the Spectre out, so my original point (that his science is so advanced it looks like magic) still holds.

Mxy >>>>>> Spectre, so his science looks like magic. As Spectre was stealing magic, and Black Alice copies magic, it can be stolen /copied.

TheTyrant
Thanos is smarter than Galactus for sure imo. Other ones are harder to tell but I'd wager on Brainiac, Darkseid, and Metron being above him too assuming Galactus doesn't get his cosmic awareness.

Edit: Also depends on what you mean by intelligence. If it's just raw tech and science then I don't see any of these guys topping Galactus.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
In terms of tech/science

Galactus' ship Tea II (which he built) is bigger than a solar system. Dr. Doom stated he could conquer entire galaxies with just one piece of non descript tech in Taa II

He has a room dedicated to just sound. He has tech that recorded the "noise" produced by the big bang.

Galactus' tech (not Doom's) allowed Doom to usurp the powers of pre retcon beyonder

G's tech is beyond Reed and Thanos' understanding

Galactus had something to do with the ultimate nullifier's existence

He created Tyrant from scratch

His smaller ship was able to outrun the power of the IG for a bit

Etc

Even before he became Galactus, Galan was one of the foremost scientists in the "most advanced civilization in the universe"

thumb up

Galactus tops them all...

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
thumb up

Galactus tops them all...

Seconded

riv6672
Is the gap between Galactus and Reed smaller now?
Has Reed gotten smarter?

TheTyrant
Aside from Reed not being understand Galactus' tech, he has feats that would make Galactus look like a fool in comparison and then some. Reed Richards is a walking talking plot device

riv6672
Well if he cant understand it, its a feat he doesnt have!

But really, you're right. Reed's a catch all intelligence wise for Marvel, like The Legion's Brainiac 5, but more so.

Delta1938

Wasn't that s retcon? Know the issue reference? Or, anybody know it?

DarkSaint85
Countdown to Final Crisis #23. This is also the issue where SMP and Annataz torture Mxy (and he references it):

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/125547/3081753-racerx-countdown23-p22.jpg

Delta1938
Countdown to Final Crisis #23. This is also the issue where SMP and Annataz torture Mxy (and he references it):

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/125547/3081753-racerx-countdown23-p22.jpg

COUNTDOWN? I think I read this, now that I see it. Thanks.

riv6672
Yup, its always been science on Myxy's part.

Delta1938
Originally posted by riv6672
Yup, its always been science on Myxy's part.

Always? Have an earlier example?

riv6672
Look up the word retcon. smile

Delta1938
Originally posted by riv6672
Look up the word retcon. smile

mad

riv6672

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.