Ranking canon adult novels from worst to best

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
Tarkin
Dark Disciple
Aftermath
A New Dawn
Lords of the Sith
Battlefront: Twilight Company
Heir to the Jedi

Agree?

Emperordmb
Lords of the Sith (my favorite strictly Disney continuity material thus far)
Dark Disciple (decent read. Not overly fond of Vos's power jump, or the fact that Dooku overextends every five seconds and drops his lightsaber, or Windu trying to intimidate Obi-Wan by standing over him, or the fact that they decided not to execute Barriss after discovering she was without a doubt behind the terrorist attack even though everyone was ready to kill Ahsoka when it was ambiguous)

Have not read the rest. Any suggestions?

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Tarkin
Dark Disciple
Aftermath
A New Dawn
Lords of the Sith
Battlefront: Twilight Company
Heir to the Jedi

Agree?
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
LMFAO
LMFAO LMFAO
LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO
LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO
LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO
LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO
LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO
LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO
LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO
LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO
LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO
LMFAO LMFAO
LMFAO

The_Tempest
I don't understand the appeal of LOTS for anyone. It's absolutely terribly written, from start to finish. Lots of impressive feats for Vader and Sheev, but that's about the sum of its artistic value IMO. Prose and dialogue were atrocious.

Darth Abonis
Its the fact that its Vader and Palpatine together. It's never been done before, so it has staying power.

|King Joker|
As many problems as there were with Dark Disciple, I didn't think it was that bad, and it definitely could have been much, much worse. I definitely loved the interactions with Ventress and Dooku in the novel, and the insights into the Nightsisters culture.

I liked Tarkin until about halfway of the way through, because that's when I realized that the plot was just going to be Tarkin and Vader chasing around that ship throughout the Galaxy the whole time. Wasn't that compelling.

That being said, I thought Luceno wrote Tarkin's character exceptionally, and I liked the fleshed out backstory for him. Tarkin and Dark Disciple are the only novels I've read in full though, so I can't speak for the rest of the released books.

Beniboybling
Agreed with that.

I think from what I've read I'd say story wise:

Tarkin < Aftermath < Lords of the Sith < Dark Disciple

Quality-wise:

Dark Disciple < Lords of the Sith < Aftermath < Tarkin

So basically a lot of good stories with crap prose, and good prose with poorer stories. Overall either LotS or Aftermath have been the best for me on average.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.