Evolution of the Lightsaber Duel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Subjekt
So my buddy sent this to me. Apparently Mark Hamill will be hosting this show in ESPN on the 15th, and I wanted to try to post the trailer/commercial link here in case anyone was interested. I'm not sure where to put it, so if it needs moved, by all means...

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14313449

I hope this link posts properly. Also, do you think we'll see another level of evolution or vice verse, for the next set of movies?

queeq
Looks nice.

I hope we get a good blend of both the PT and OT. The PT fights were way too slick and sterile for me. I felt nothing during those fight: just very fancy choreography.

While the OT fights were a bit cruder in choreography (although, the ANH fight is very stylish, very 'spiritual' as they say), they were at least filled with emotion and power. You always feel something seriously huge is at stake. Not so with the PT ballet dancers.

Darth Subjekt
I liked Ani/Ob1, probably cause I'd waited so long for it. And Ob1 vs Maul was good once QGJ died and Ob1 lost it for a moment. Other than that, I agree with you. But I definitely think they'll cover all that. Can't wait.

queeq
Me too.

I felt the Ani/OB1 fight was a huge disappointment. All that skipping about on flying droids, weird simultaneous twirling etc... Plus the fact that we have been watching two movies with these two guys that never seem to like each other, didn't help either. They don't like each other so they fight... big deal. And then it turns into a cartoon CGI fest...

Nah... bad build up (on AOTC and ROTS), bad ending. I'd have preferred a lot more grit and genuine emotion in that sequence. Not just grumpy Anakin and a suddenly very brother like emotional OB1... which came out of nowhere...

Darth Subjekt
My son wants to watch a movie a day leading up to Thursday when we see 7... Tonight was ROTS... Man, that movie is brutal after having not seen it for a bit. Had they stayed in one spot and fought, it would have been soooo much better. I forgot how choppy and campy it got. Even buzz droids, vulture droids... Ugh. I can't wait to see what JJ has come up with.

queeq
First reviews are out in my country: very positive.

So get your kid ready for a good ride.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.