THE DISASTER ARTIST: The making of THE ROOM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Inhuman

Scythe
Oh Hai Mark.

dynamix
i did nooooooottttt

Patient_Leech
And here we go...

4qab3TMg42k

Ridley_Prime
dXlao2KNYjQ

89RP0oPEiv0

What the world really needs. 131

Patient_Leech
I need to re-watch The Room. It has been years since I saw it.

My friend and I watched it together many years ago and much of it is just a blur to me now. I've probably purged most of it from my subconscious.

Robtard
I've seen the 'best moments' on youtube of the film.

This film looks good though, just the thin for Franco to shine in.

Surtur
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I need to re-watch The Room. It has been years since I saw it.

My friend and I watched it together many years ago and much of it is just a blur to me now. I've probably purged most of it from my subconscious.

Once you watch it again you will understand why you've had this inexplicable need to toss a football around while wearing a tuxedo.

I hope you have not been avoiding it out of fear though, you know what happens:

KXbvtov9FHg

steverules_2
He looks like melted wax

Surtur
Originally posted by steverules_2
He looks like melted wax

He looks like 100 years ago a Rabbi raised a Golem and then just forgot about it.

Robtard
Originally posted by steverules_2
He looks like melted wax

He was in a very serious car crash from being hit by a drunk driver. It's suspected this is where he got his millions to make the film. Would also explain his face issues.

Surtur
So a car is responsible for this? Well damn, and I thought Christine was evil.

Surtur
I'm just gonna say it: lock David Lynch and Tommy in a room and see what the f*ck happens.

Robtard
The film supposedly cost around 6million to make, his net worth is less than a million now. Though I do wonder if he'll get something from this film.

steverules_2
It's an Oscar worthy film he did

Kazenji
A behind-the-scenes look at the making of Tommy Wiseau's The Room (2003)

pTdZrsQilVY

Patient_Leech
It's not even very far down on the first page, sir.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t620716.html

Kazenji
So get a mod to merge it then.

Impediment
Merged.

Patient_Leech
Watched The Room again. My God that was hilarious.

"YOU'RE TEARING ME APART LISA!"

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/002/456/tearingmeapartlisa.jpg

Patient_Leech
Haven't had the chance to watch this yet...

cMKX2tE5Luk

Patient_Leech
Getting good reviews...

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_disaster_artist

roughrider
I just can't watch the original movie; I can't sit through it. The best I have done is Nostalgia Critic's lengthy dissection of it, and that's as far as I can go.

Ridley_Prime

Lord Lucien
It's a group-mock movie. A drunk group-mock movie.

Patient_Leech
Oh, yeah. Don't sit through The Room alone. That's torture. But it's fun with friends to make fun of it. It's a masterpiece in that regard.

Robtard
This is was goofy/funny/good, Franco absolutely nailed the role. The scene-by-scene recreations were nearly spot on.

Rick Deckard
Just watched The Disaster Artist. Great film! I've always been interested in what goes on "behind the scenes" of Hollywood, and this was a fascinating look at the process - while also having a great story & solid cast.

I had never heard of The Room prior to this film, which is not surprising - given that it showed at only one theater back in 2003, and has never been well-known. I know it's supposed to have some kind of cult status, but even so I've still never heard of it - LOL. It's funny that more people have probably seen TDA than have seen The Room

The film also really illustrated how incredibly expensive it is to make movies, and how they rarely (if ever) turn a profit.

TW reminds me a lot of various B.S. artists I've run into in my life, i.e. people who are extremely secretive about their past & when they do let some info."slip through", these details end up being questionably & far-fetched. With these people, you never really know what to believe - or not believe. And, after a while you stop trying to find out more about them because you don't trust that what they're telling you has any element of truth. However, the difference between TW & these people I've run into is that he had the cash to support/back up his unlikely dream - i.e. make a movie.

I also thought the ending was interesting, i.e. TW showing the movie to an actual audience, and everyone laughing their heads off - which increased as the film progressed. Obviously, he intended the film to be a drama, but it had the opposite effect on the audience. However, the audience reaction was very true to life. I.e., I have seen numerous films that try to be too serious & end up being unintentionally hilarious.

Several questions, which I know don't have answers:

1) Where the he$$ did Tommy W. get his $? He was obviously independently wealthy, but didn't appear to have a regular job. Did he clean up on the stock market?! Did he come from a wealthy family?! I guess we'll never know.

2) Where is TW originally from?! I've read that he's supposedly from Poland, but not sure if that's true.

In any case, I plan on seeing The Room next...but I suspect I will still think TDA is the better film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.