Has there ever been a true Last of the Jedi?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zenwolf
So...we have Kotor 2

The Exile, last of the Jedi....no, no wait there were still 4 more Jedi Masters still alive and who knows how many others out there.

Well ok let's go to Luke, last of the Jedi. ....No...no wait there were still many former Jedi during the GCW that popped up later to join Luke's NJO in Legends and now in canon we have other Jedi still around.

....So...I don't get

"The Last of the Jedi."

Quote when there's clearly more than just the last of the Jedi still running around. Which begs the question, has there ever been a true Last of the Jedi?

Syndicate
Nope.

Beniboybling
Well in Canon if they kill off Ahsoka, Ezra and Kanan there will be.

However there is also the question of whether it only refer to "active" practicing Jedi.

Selenial
Well, the Exile was for a time at least. Once the four masters were dead, and Atris had turned Sith, technically she was the last of the Jedi.

Really though, the answer is no.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Selenial
Well, the Exile was for a time at least. Once the four masters were dead, and Atris had turned Sith, technically she was the last of the Jedi.

Really though, the answer is no.

No she wasn't. Bastilla was alive and well + canonically she trained her companions who were the Lost Jedi. + Revan was still alive.

Selenial
Originally posted by Lord Stark
No she wasn't. Bastilla was alive and well + canonically she trained her companions who were the Lost Jedi. + Revan was still alive.

Bastilla and Revan weren't Jedi.

Even if Revan was, I guess the answer is always no because Celeste Morne was in stasis for the entire time we know of any possible "lost Jedi" right? Or maybe just stop dealing in technicalities, quite obviously not the point.

Lord Stark

Syndicate
He's more of a Grey Jedi. He channeled both the Light and Dark after regaining his mask/memories.

Selenial

Zenwolf
On that note, I feel like this would make for an interesting story, a true Last of the Jedi.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Syndicate
He's more of a Grey Jedi. He channeled both the Light and Dark after regaining his mask/memories.

He's still a Jedi. He's technically a member of the Order, thus a Jedi. If the Exile doesn't count as a Jedi then neither does Revan by your logic, either way there was never a 'Last of the Jedi'.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Zenwolf
On that note, I feel like this would make for an interesting story, a true Last of the Jedi. Isn't that kind of the idea of The Force Awakens? At this point Kanan, Ezra, Ashoka etc. can't still be around, and the Knights of Ren are not Jedi so all that leaves is Luke and these new Force sensitive hopefuls who will "awaken" the Force.

Then there is that line from Han Solo:

"It's true, all of it. The dark side, the Jedi - they're real."

If he is verifying that the Jedi actually existed, surely there are none around. Certainly no Jedi Order. And this is 30 years since ROTJ now.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Isn't that kind of the idea of The Force Awakens? At this point Kanan, Ezra, Ashoka etc. can't still be around, and the Knights of Ren are not Jedi so all that leaves is Luke and these new Force sensitive hopefuls who will "awaken" the Force.

Then there is that line from Han Solo:

"It's true, all of it. The dark side, the Jedi - they're real."

If he is verifying that the Jedi actually existed, surely there are none around. Certainly no Jedi Order. And this is 30 years since ROTJ now.

True....

Lord Stark
Yeah, Luke may actually be the Last of the Jedi in canon.

Zenwolf
Yeah, Luke may actually be the Last of the Jedi in canon.

Hopefully...I found it completely ridiculous in Legends, that Jedi came outta the woodwork to join the NJO. Which kinda invalidated Ben and Yoda's direct words.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Hopefully...I found it completely ridiculous in Legends, that Jedi came outta the woodwork to join the NJO. Which kinda invalidated Ben and Yoda's direct words.

Well Obi-Wan and Yoda both tend to lie to Luke a lot.

Syndicate
He's still a Jedi. He's technically a member of the Order, thus a Jedi. If the Exile doesn't count as a Jedi then neither does Revan by your logic, either way there was never a 'Last of the Jedi'.

When did I refer to the Exile?

Syndicate
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird

From a certain point of view. ;P

Zenwolf
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird

What did they lie about really?

Obi-Wan told the truth, but he told it in a way without hurting Luke about the fact of his father Anakin. I mean it would be pretty demoralizing and scarring to learn that his dad turned to the Sith and killed his fellow Jedi and help establish an Empire which ruled the galaxy with an iron fist.

Lord Stark
When did I refer to the Exile?

Whoops I thought that quote referred to the Jedi. Either way the Exile was never the last of the Jedi. Her companions were Jedi trained and founded the new Order, and even if you don't count Revan a Jedi (in spite of him being officially part of the Order)...actually scratch that. Revan and Bastilla were Jedi. The quote you posted even says they were both officially in good standing. That's good enough for me.

Syndicate
Whoops I thought that quote referred to the Jedi. Either way the Exile was never the last of the Jedi. Her companions were Jedi trained and founded the new Order, and even if you don't count Revan a Jedi (in spite of him being officially part of the Order)...actually scratch that. Revan and Bastilla were Jedi. The quote you posted even says they were both officially in good standing. That's good enough for me.

Which is fine. I just don't personally consider Revan to be a Jedi.

Lord Stark
Which is fine. I just don't personally consider Revan to be a Jedi.

Eh, even in SWTOR Malgus calls him a Jedi. +He reports to the Council. And I don't even consider SWTOR Revan a Jedi, but he certainly was more Jedi in his book than he was then.

DarthAnt66
Revan's a Jedi as of his novel.

Syndicate
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Revan's a Jedi as of his novel.

Officially.

FreshestSlice
Hopefully Luke. I'd like to think Yoda would be able to tell.

Darth Abonis
In canon, we do not know what happened to Ahsoka, Kanan and Ezra. Kylo Ren calls Luke Skywalker the last Jedi. He could be wrong, but if he isn't luke is the last of the jedi. He never did what Yoda asked of him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.