Best/Worst Disparity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vixas
Evening everyone. I wish to raise the question to the community about what you all think are the greatest shown disparities in skill/power in different canon sources/version of a specific character.

For example Jedi X in one canon source TKs an AT-TE with moderate effort, then in another canon source struggles to lift a large rock.

A bit extreme I know but I merely wished to make the premise of the thread clear. In any case, discuss and submit at your leisure. I hope everyone is having and/or will have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Tzeentch
Just about any character in the Clone Wars mini-series versus their performance in other sources.

Grievous being one of the bigger offenders.

McP
"Revan"'s Nihilus and Sion. Immortal guy, and guy with giga-drain downgraded and mentioned as "Kreia's folowers".

Q99
Probably something involving Luke. He has plenty of low showings in the earlier EU days.

Nephthys
Vader throwing down with Starkiller and then embarrassing himself with crappy showings elsewhere.

And for that matter, Marek beating Vader shortly after struggling with a random Shadow Guard.

ares834
Vitiate losing to HoT.

Syndicate
Joruus's telepathy.

Obi Wan matching Anakin.

Galen Marek directing capital ships and SD's and then having his force defenses broken by Vader.

carthage
Hero getting surrounded/beaten by Zakuul Knights after supposedly being TEH BEZT Jedi in the order.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ares834
Vitiate losing to HoT.

Han killing Sidious.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
Han killing Sidious.

Beniboybling
Smuggler killing Valkorion. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/2570579909.png

ares834
Han killing Sidious.

It's almost as if he wanted to die.

FreshestSlice
In the exact same way Valkorion.

Q99
Originally posted by carthage
Hero getting surrounded/beaten by Zakuul Knights after supposedly being TEH BEZT Jedi in the order.

Hey, numbers matter.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
In the exact same way Valkorion. Nah, he just went along with it.

DarthAnt66
How has no one mentioned Bandon, tbh?

Despite being an omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient Sith Lord, he lost to Revan.

Nephthys
Revan vs the floor.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
How has no one mentioned Bandon, tbh?

Despite being an omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient Sith Lord, he lost to Revan.
Revan's hair was too powerful, even though their beards were equally matched. Seems fine to me.

The_Tempest
Damn, Neph got pretty defensive about Vitiate laughing out loud

Nephthys
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Blackadder-Confused-Look.gif

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Syndicate
Joruus's telepathy.

Obi Wan matching Anakin.

Galen Marek directing capital ships and SD's and then having his force defenses broken by Vader.

Kenobi only matched Anakin because Skywalker was hindered by his rage. He also hadn't slept or eat for days as noted in the ROTS novelization. There was a thread on CV on this, if its what you're referring to.

As for Galen, his defenses weren't too impressive from what I've heard. I'm in the process of listening to the audiobook of TFU on YouTube.

Kurk
Dooku captured by pirates

Beniboybling
Dooku overextends.

Syndicate
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Kenobi only matched Anakin because Skywalker was hindered by his rage. He also hadn't slept or eat for days as noted in the ROTS novelization. There was a thread on CV on this, if its what you're referring to.

As for Galen, his defenses weren't too impressive from what I've heard. I'm in the process of listening to the audiobook of TFU on YouTube.

I know, I know. Link me to the TFU novel?

Aurbere
Originally posted by Syndicate
I know, I know. Link me to the TFU novel?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwhVFzOBumcdDHPZfLx5HQaJsBOw1gnH0

Syndicate
Originally posted by Aurbere
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwhVFzOBumcdDHPZfLx5HQaJsBOw1gnH0

Thanks. smile

Aurbere
You're welcome. smile

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Dooku overextends.
thumb up that was such horseshit

chilled monkey
Han killing Sidious.

That is not a disparity. Han shot him in the back while his attention was focused elsewhere. As powerful as they are Sith are still only mortal. Getting shot will kill them same as anyone else (barring a few exceptions).

Originally posted by ares834
Vitiate losing to HoT.

How is that a disparity? It was stated that the Emperor was not at full power.

Originally posted by Kurk
Dooku captured by pirates

What's wrong with that? Not only was he heavily outnumbered but he didn't even have his lightsabre. Again, Sith are still mortal. One bolt was all it would have taken.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Kurk
Dooku captured by pirates Originally posted by Beniboybling
Dooku overextends.

Yeah these were pretty egregious

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Yeah these were pretty egregious

How?

The overextends one, yes, absolutely. But the pirate one?

Originally posted by chilled monkey
What's wrong with that? Not only was he heavily outnumbered but he didn't even have his lightsabre. Again, Sith are still mortal. One bolt was all it would have taken.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.