Manchester Black vs. Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Fight in Metropolis

Who wins?

leonidas
not sure there is too much black could do to him tbh. his shields have been proof against phoenix level tp and tk, while all of mags' tricks would work on black....

of course, i thought the same could be said against god cable and that got me nowhere. but i'm over it. sneer

byrdgang21
Originally posted by leonidas
not sure there is too much black could do to him tbh. his shields have been proof against phoenix level tp and tk, while all of mags' tricks would work on black....

of course, i thought the same could be said against god cable and that got me nowhere. but i'm over it. sneer

I didn't think Blacks TP would be too effective against Mags but I wasn't sure what he'd be able to do with his TK since that's pretty impressive as well. Is it more powerful than Mags control over magnetism, idk

leonidas
Originally posted by byrdgang21
I didn't think Blacks TP would be too effective against Mags but I wasn't sure what he'd be able to do with his TK since that's pretty impressive as well. Is it more powerful than Mags control over magnetism, idk

if you're asking if he could overcome mags' shields, then no. he has powerful shields himself though. mags has a lot of tricks to fall back on however, and he has basically made a career of fighting and beating the highest level psi characters in marvel....

Delta1938

YOU SHOULD'VE WON THAT BZ!!!!! mad mad mad mad mad

DarkSaint85
In the DCU, is TP a function of the EM spectrum like in Marvel?

Mindset
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
In the DCU, is TP a function of the EM spectrum like in Marvel? Does it matter?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Mindset
Does it matter?

I thought that was the reason why Magneto's shields were so powerful against Xavier?

Honest q, btw.

Mindset
I thought that was the reason why Magneto's shields were so powerful against Xavier?

Honest q, btw. I wasn't aware that his shields blocked tp.

leonidas
Originally posted by Delta1938
YOU SHOULD'VE WON THAT BZ!!!!! mad mad mad mad mad

i was robbed!! that smurph is tricksy....

Honest q, btw.

that's never been outright stated anywhere, but mag's powers have disrupted tp many times so it's a reasonable assumption. he also has his helmet and natural willpower to boot, so regardless, i don't see tp being an option against mags.

anyway, i don't think tp is em-based in dc. it's not even 100% em-based in marvel, at least not all the time. black can bash the sh!t out of mags shields (like phoenix has done) but in the end, mags would wear him out with his more exotic abilities.

Delta1938

Honest q, btw.

I thought it was he has minor telepathy, major willpower, and sometimes his helmet provided extra protection?

leonidas
thumb up

he has shown tp himself on more than one occasion, but the last time was quite awhile ago if i'm not mistaken. i think that ability has sort of gone by the wayside.... probably for the best. he's powerful enough as is.

Mindset
They've made it pretty convoluted and ambiguous how he is able to defend against tp and at times use tp techniques himself.

But that's comics.

Delta1938
thumb up

he has shown tp himself on more than one occasion, but the last time was quite awhile ago if i'm not mistaken. i think that ability has sort of gone by the wayside.... probably for the best. he's powerful enough as is.

I've only seen it specifically stating he has telepathy in SECRET WARS and bios, and always figured it was to explain his defense instead of give him another active power.

DarkSaint85
I think you're all wrong, and only my viewpoint is right thumb up

leonidas
Originally posted by Delta1938
I've only seen it specifically stating he has telepathy in SECRET WARS and bios, and always figured it was to explain his defense instead of give him another active power.

i could scrounge up a couple other scans that show him using it to a small degree, and of course he can astral travel as well....

like i said, i think it's going the way of the do-do though.

Delta1938
I think you're all wrong, and only my viewpoint is right thumb up

For that, I curse you to wake up to LoB in the morning.

Delta1938
i could scrounge up a couple other scans that show him using it to a small degree, and of course he can astral travel as well....

like i said, i think it's going the way of the do-do though.

Even if writers don't intend it that way, I'll still always think of his telepathic defense as partly because of minor telepathy.

V0EZobdiJ4MM

Smurph
Nowadays his helmet is described as tp proof, so it doesn't really matter either way. Originally posted by leonidas
i was robbed!! that smurph is tricksy....
sly

The argument that I used for Cable (iirc...) was: his telepathy is > Xavier's, which has historically occupied all of Magneto's attention. Meanwhile, Cable has shown to output that level of telepathy and do a bajillion other things simultaneously.

I don't remember if that was the particular argument that judges bought though...

Either way, I said before that I don't think that Black measures up to Cable, and I still think that's true. Same with Black vs Cassandra Nova - I think I'd take either on as a battlezone.

As for THIS match, I think I like Magneto's odds.

abhilegend
Manchester Black vs Cable or Cassandra Nova BZ?

I'm game. You want it smurph? Originally posted by Smurph
Nowadays his helmet is described as tp proof, so it doesn't really matter either way. sly

The argument that I used for Cable (iirc...) was: his telepathy is > Xavier's, which has historically occupied all of Magneto's attention. Meanwhile, Cable has shown to output that level of telepathy and do a bajillion other things simultaneously.

I don't remember if that was the particular argument that judges bought though...

Either way, I said before that I don't think that Black measures up to Cable, and I still think that's true. Same with Black vs Cassandra Nova - I think I'd take either on as a battlezone.

As for THIS match, I think I like Magneto's odds.
Black would crush either cable or Nova.

erm

leonidas
imo, god cable>>cassie so i'd do black/cassie as well. that'd be fun. but since i'm doing a bz already and abhi seems to be willing, the 2 of you should have at it. i think it would be enlightening on both sides.

Smurph
Sure, either. If it's Cable I can compete sooner, if it's Nova I'll just need to replace some comics.

I'd say that we should compete for a belt, but I don't know if that fits the current system, so a normal bz would be fine too. We can chat out the details in that forum or by PM.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Smurph
Sure, either. If it's Cable I can compete sooner, if it's Nova I'll just need to replace some comics.

I'd say that we should compete for a belt, but I don't know if that fits the current system, so a normal bz would be fine too. We can chat out the details in that forum or by PM.
OK, it's Cable vs Manchester Black as we're both familiar with the character.

So when do you want to start?

Smurph
I can work on a write-up after Monday's over, sooooo Thursday? 3 post limit?

Leo, can we twist your arm to host/judge?

leonidas
sure, i'll host. i can judge if necessary but maybe try and find some others first?

abhilegend
I can work on a write-up after Monday's over, sooooo Thursday? 3 post limit?

Leo, can we twist your arm to host/judge?
Tuesday is fine.

Smurph
Thursday?

abhilegend
Thursday?
Thursday is also fine.

Delta1938
I can judge if you guys want me to.

leonidas
just send me the op's when they are done and i'll open the match.

"Id"
Magneto's iron will and helmet is enough to keep Blacks TP at bay.

His EM powers are enough to fend off his TK, just look at his entire encounters with Legion.

leonidas
id, you wanna judge the bz between smurph and abhi?

"Id"
id, you wanna judge the bz between smurph and abhi?

Rather Not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.