Maxima Vs Stryfe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
http://i63.tinypic.com/2qi8e4i.jpg

vs

http://i63.tinypic.com/102miir.jpg

ghostman
maxima ftw.

Delta1938
What has Stryfe done?

leonidas
he's done plenty tbh. he's a beast. but max is near-superman level with some CRAZY tk feats and tp strong enough to take out new gods and some ferrokinesis for good measure. she is one strong, underrated character... stryfe isn't winning this one. too much in the tank for max.

Galan007
Maxima wins.

Mindset
Stryfe rams his head into her torso and disembowels her.

leonidas
like she helped win us a tournament once upon a time.... lol

Delta1938
Originally posted by leonidas
he's done plenty tbh. he's a beast. but max is near-superman level with some CRAZY tk feats and tp strong enough to take out new gods and some ferrokinesis for good measure. she is one strong, underrated character... stryfe isn't winning this one. too much in the tank for max.

That didn't answer my question, 'cuz I wanted to learn. sneer

leonidas
lol

well, he's done very well in direct battle with nate gray (x-man), and can act as a siphon of psi power. he's not quite as powerful as cable unhindered by the TO virus, but he isn't that far away. he's easily taken down the entire x-force roster by himself, even with cable helping them. he's very powerful, just not in max's league.

cdtm

New Gods that were established to be immune to Martian Manhunter's TP, at that.

Granted, John Ostrander's mini happened before Panic in the Sky, but I believe Maxima TP-KOing Orion would fall under low end showings. Especially since John Byrne wrote that new gods were conditioned to resist TP weaker then Darkseid's, which happened well before PITS..

Delta1938
lol

well, he's done very well in direct battle with nate gray (x-man), and can act as a siphon of psi power. he's not quite as powerful as cable unhindered by the TO virus, but he isn't that far away. he's easily taken down the entire x-force roster by himself, even with cable helping them. he's very powerful, just not in max's league.

Not too shabby. Thanks!

Delta1938
Originally posted by cdtm
New Gods that were established to be immune to Martian Manhunter's TP, at that.

Granted, John Ostrander's mini happened before Panic in the Sky, but I believe Maxima TP-KOing Orion would fall under low end showings. Especially since John Byrne wrote that new gods were conditioned to resist TP weaker then Darkseid's, which happened well before PITS..

I'm not sure if her "psi-blasts" are telepathy, or at least wholely. I want to say TK, but not positive.

StyleTime
thumb up

Pretty much. Maxima's physical stats make it too lopsided. She's got the option to just force a brawl.
Originally posted by Mindset
Stryfe rams his head into her torso and disembowels her.
Unless this tactic is allowed. Then Styfe stomps.

Zack M
This is just a TP/TK battle. No physical stats can be used.

"Id"
Stryfe neutralized Jean own psy powers, and took over Xavier mind.

The weakest of the Nate Trio, but very powerful in his own right.

leonidas
Originally posted by Zack M
This is just a TP/TK battle. No physical stats can be used.

just tp/tk? that makes it more interesting. i'd wager max could match his output (holding continents together with tk is way beyond stryfe, but....his ability to siphon psi power AND his sheer skill with tp is likely greater than max. despite not being as powerful, i could see stryfe beating her, like emma has beaten rachel for example....

Galan007
Maxima mindphucked:
Orion
Brainiac 5
Doctor Polaris
Brainwave Jr.

And while extremely weakened, her TK was still sufficient to pull continent-sized fissures together.

She also has Superman-class strength, psi-bolts, ferrokinesis, teleportation, and uber psi-shielding. This is her fight to lose, imo.

"Id"
Stryfe best TK feat was momentarily holding Bete Noir. Considering Bete Noir is a cosmic entity in the same league as the Phoenix Force, it's worth some praise.

Atomic Level TK was put to good use to burn out those nano sentinels that Cassandra Nova used on the X-Men.

Zack M
Originally posted by Galan007
Maxima mindphucked:
Orion
Brainiac 5
Doctor Polaris
Brainwave Jr.

And while extremely weakened, her TK was still sufficient to pull continent-sized fissures together.

She also has Superman-class strength, psi-bolts, ferrokinesis, teleportation, and uber psi-shielding. This is her fight to lose, imo.

Didn't maxima control a ship at light speed while simultaneously creating a breathable atmosphere for the people on board?

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007
Maxima mindphucked:
Orion
Brainiac 5
Doctor Polaris
Brainwave Jr.

i agree she likely has more raw power, but her tp was not used all that often for subtle things, and her overall skill has always been a question. stryfe is extremely skilled. it would depend on whether she could overwhelm him with her tk. maybe, but he's had some....sporadic showings as well. her time in the extreme jl was...less impressive than her more consistent showings in superman books.

imo it's really close if we just leave it at psi powers.

Galan007
i agree she likely has more raw power, but her tp was not used all that often for subtle things, and her overall skill has always been a question. stryfe is extremely skilled. it would depend on whether she could overwhelm him with her tk. maybe, but he's had some....sporadic showings as well. her time in the extreme jl was...less impressive than her more consistent showings in superman books.

imo it's really close if we just leave it at psi powers. Ah, just noticed that he changed it to a TP/TK battle, exclusively. In that case, I agree. thumb up

zopzop
Using only TK/TP, Maxima wins.

Using all powers, Maxima breaks him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.