Best lightsabers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q99
What are the best lightsabers individual lightsabers in the mythos? Who has the best blades?

Top 5?

Emperordmb
Arkadia, Exar Kun, Darth Bane, Asajj Ventress, and the Lost Tribe Sith Coke to mind.

carthage
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Coke to mind.
mmm

|King Joker|
Ahsoka's white lightsabers in Rebels are pretty sweet. What they represent, the Samurai-esque design of the hilts, and just how cool they look in action.

FreshestSlice
Samurai-esque is kind of stretching it.

Anyway, Revan's, Luke/Anakin's, Dooku's, Kyle's, and Exar Kun's, as well as any variation of these, were nice.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by carthage
mmm
Autocorrect is a *****

Emperordmb
Wait are we talking function or design?

|King Joker|
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Samurai-esque is kind of stretching it. That's what Dave's intention was, IIRC. The long as ****, curved hilt seems samurai-ish to me.

Syndicate
Maul's.

FreshestSlice
Lulz, having a curved hilt doesn't make something Samurai-esque. And Dave can intend whatever he wants to. Doesn't make it true.

ares834
They aren't similar to Dooku's hilt. They do look quite similar to a Katana's hilt.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Lulz, having a curved hilt doesn't make something Samurai-esque. And Dave can intend whatever he wants to. Doesn't make it true. The curve isn't the main attribute that makes it look samurai-esque, it's the length of it. But whatever lol, if you don't think it looks samurai enough good for you, but IMO the design looks similar enough for it to be "samurai-esque".

FreshestSlice
Having blades of different lengths and curved hilts is hardly Samurai-esque, imo. Those exist in pretty much every culture with swords ever. The biggest thing about katanas are their unique blades that demand a certain style of fighting. Now if you think Shien is similar to Kenjutsu, that's you. Personally, they just look like lightsabers with curved hilts to me.

Beniboybling
I think what is supposed to make them samurai-esque is that unlike pretty much all other lightsabers, the hilts are quite square and flat.

Combine that with the slight curve and they do resemble something like a katana.

|King Joker|
http://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2015/03/Ahsoka-lightsabers-pantone.jpg
https://cgcookie.com/app/uploads/2012/07/Katana_Scene2_Tsuka-1024x640.jpg

Just for reference. ^

Beniboybling
Mmmm, also forgot about the diamond markings.

FreshestSlice
Hmm, they do look way more like katana hilts on closer inspection. Still kind of meh on them though.

McP
Dooku's hilt is great. Also, Bulq's standard saber combined with shoto is really interesting. Maul's staff is also cool.

Tzeentch
The standard hilt is the best kind, in my opinion. The rest are try-hardy and don't really make sense, because the people who wield them fight the same as everyone else. What's the point in having katana-styped hilts if you're not going to use them like katanas?

Dunno. Maybe I'm just a bitter, old ***** nigga.

Q99
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Wait are we talking function or design?

Take your pick. Do a list of each, maybe!

Kurk
Dooku's hilt is pretty cool. Savage's hilt is designed off of Dooku's making it more badass than Maul's

Also Pre Vizsla's Dark Saber is pretty badass; I mean listen to the sound it makes.

Also Krell's Sabers and the noise it makes; Yum

Sidious's sabers are like gold encrusted; so elaborate

AncientPower
Functionality: Kun's saberstaff.
Design: Sidious' electrum hilt.

Vixas
I believe any confirmed saber to have the dual-phase capability has a leg-up on "normal" sabers. Vader's and Kun's come to mind.

SunRazer
Kun's and Sidious' are quite remarkable in terms of design, IMO. I also liked the design of Luke/Obi-Wan's lightsabers, though they are more standard (of course). I suppose I've liked all curved-hilt lightsabers, just owing to the fact that I generally liked the characters who owned such weapons - Baras is a notable example because I like the way his hilt has a rancor tooth integrated into it.

Q99
No mention of Corran Horn's? Can stab out like a lance to a really long length.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.