The Force Awakens World Priemiere

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Lucas was so awkward in his red carpet interview with starwars.com.

quanchi112
G. Lucas seems like an *******.

DarthAnt66
Sam Witwer is ****ing hilarious.

DarthAnt66
John Boyega is great. Just great.

DarthAnt66
Carrie Fisher seems drunk every time I see her. I love it.

Aurbere
I always feel bad whenever I see Carrie, ngl.

DarthAnt66
CARRIE CURSING ON STREAM LMFAO

DarthAnt66
Carrie Fisher is so out of it holy ****.

FreshestSlice
Who cares? It's baby girl's time to shine now. Fisher's just gone senile in her dotage. Obviously.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Who cares?
http://cdn1.sciencefiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/PrincessLeia.jpg

Aurbere
Frank Oz is awesome. Glad to see he's at the premiere.

FreshestSlice
*snip*
Ridley>

I mean Portman>all, still.

DarthAnt66
Ridley > All, kek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_ltJtAhdec

Aurbere
Daisy Ridley isn't my girlfriend at the premiere. Ding!

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Aurbere
I always feel bad whenever I see Carrie, ngl. She seems happy most of the time so that's good.

Still... it's probably the result of the ECT therapy lol

FreshestSlice
Ridley > All, kek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_ltJtAhdec
Nah. She a'ight, but Portman is better.

Aurbere
Originally posted by |King Joker|
She seems happy most of the time so that's good.

It's like seeing Princess Leia act like that. My immersion is ruined, lol. stick out tongue

|King Joker|
It's like seeing Princess Leia act like that. My immersion is ruined, lol. stick out tongue It makes it all the more entertaining wink

Aurbere
ANH's interrogation scene with her probably would have been so much better if she acted like that, ngl. Funnier, at least. stick out tongue

DarthAnt66
"You know what Vader. **** you." --Princess Leia

Aurbere
"You know what Vader. **** you." --Princess Leia

Maybe that's not so good of an idea. Don't you know what black people do to white girls when they mouth off? sad

|King Joker|
http://41.media.tumblr.com/1c18f7016fc1a0ed1e13bf335f30e022/tumblr_mtefermurj1qbmmu7o1_500.jpg

http://rs1263.pbsrc.com/albums/ii635/Xenandgabrielle/Misc/tumblr_lpomiiIJHN1qii6tmo1_400.gif~c200

|King Joker|
Maybe that's not so good of an idea. Don't you know what black people do to white girls when they mouth off? sad LOL

Darth Thor
So any non-spoiler reviews/reactions yet?

I called it a long time ago that this will be the first SW movie to get positive critical consensus from the movie's release.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Darth Thor
So any non-spoiler reviews/reactions yet?

I called it a long time ago that this will be the first SW movie to get positive critical consensus from the movie's release. http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/dec/15/star-wars-the-force-awakens-first-reactions-suggest-overwhelming-experience

Darth Thor
thumb up

Bashar Teg
i'd just like to remind everyone that TPM also received nearly unanymous rave reviews after it's world premier screening. not to throw cold water on it all, but i'll remain cautiously optimistic in my fanhype.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i'd just like to remind everyone that TPM also received nearly unanymous rave reviews after it's world premier screening. not to throw cold water on it all, but i'll remain cautiously optimistic in my fanhype.

No it didn't. Critics were tearing it apart from day 1.

I remember, because it was pretty much a "fact" that it sucked before i even saw it. So my expectations were pretty low.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by |King Joker|
She seems happy most of the time so that's good.

laughing out loud

That's... too cruel of a comment, actually. Funny, yes. But c'mon.

StiltmanFTW
Maybe that's not so good of an idea. Don't you know what black people do to white girls when they mouth off? sad

laughing

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Darth Thor
No it didn't. Critics were tearing it apart from day 1.

I remember, because it was pretty much a "fact" that it sucked before i even saw it. So my expectations were pretty low.

the majority of audiences were jacked from beginning to credits. fanhype is a powerful intoxicant, especially when it's been pent up for 15+ years.

queeq
First reviews are out in Holland: 4/4.5 out of 5 stars... Not bad.

NewLanceWindu
So far, with almost 30 reviews it sits at 100% Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.

I expect some bad reviews to officially be posted soon, can't please everyone.

ares834
From the reviews I've read, Kylo Ren seems to be a major highlight.

queeq
Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
So far, with almost 30 reviews it sits at 100% Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.

I expect some bad reviews to officially be posted soon, can't please everyone.

Oh wow... there were none this morning when I woke up. And now, three hours later: lots of RT reviews. Cool.

Sith Master X
Some negative reviews are making their rounds....and many of the big criticisms was one of my worst fears. sad Even some of the positive ones mentioned it too.

Oh well. Will judge for myself after I see it. Not going opening night though. I want to see the movie when I don't have to listen to people cheering every time Harrison Ford opens his mouth.

Also Basher Teg is right. Initial reaction to Phantom Menace was nothing but absolute praise. Not that I ever had anything against it anyway, but almost every prequel was released to initial praise.

Attack of the Clones was a "major improvement over it's predecessor. Star Wars is back on track." Now everyone thinks it's the worstest movie ever made. Revenge of The Sith was "Lucas finally redeems himself. Episode III is the second best Star Wars ever made, only second to ESB." Now everyone hates that one too.

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by Sith Master X
Initial reaction to Phantom Menace was nothing but absolute praise.

Absolute? I think not.

A quick Google search for early TPM reviews showed me there were quite a few initial reviews by critics who hated the movie.

queeq
I saw it!!!!

In short: good fun. Harrison Ford rules. Best villain since ROTJ. It's no ESB, in my Book that movie still reigns supreme. But it outshines the PT with great ease. Simple because these characters work!

Sith Master X
Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
Absolute? I think not.

A quick Google search for early TPM reviews showed me there were quite a few initial reviews by critics who hated the movie.

I was referring to the actual "premiere night" itself. There is video proof of this.
But if you want to get all technical on me, maybe absolute wasn't the correct word.

ares834
Originally posted by queeq
I saw it!!!!

In short: good fun. Harrison Ford rules. Best villain since ROTJ. It's no ESB, in my Book that movie still reigns supreme. But it outshines the PT with great ease. Simple because these characters work!

thumb up

Awesome to hear!

Glad you enjoyed it.

queeq
I did.

There are a couple of things I didn't like so much. But that doesn't do away with the overall entertainment value of this one.

NewLanceWindu
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/17/star-wars-force-awakens-fandango-record

The Force Awakens has already sold more Fandango tickets than any other movie ever

queeq
Cash is rolling in for Disney...

Maybe next time they should just announce a movie and then not make it. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.