The Man in the High Castle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
Has anyone else given this show a go? I'm 4 episodes in, and enjoying it immensely. All the characters, hero or villain, are well done. The story is interesting and shrouded in mystery. The cinematography is beautiful too. I'd highly recommend trying it out.

queeq
I only saw the free first episode. Looked allright.

Robtard
Almost done with the season, enjoying it overall. Show has a couple really dislikeable villains, which is a good thing.

tkitna
I watched it and liked it overall. Ending kind of confused me, but I think i'm making more out of it than I should be.

dadudemon
Here's my theory about the ending:

The real timeline is the timeline we know. This is a divergent timeline. There is some sort of supernatural consciousness transference going on. Tagomi (the trade minister) is able to figure out how to teleport his consciousness into the real timeline. But the Man in the high castle has been able to do more...bring actual evidence back. And there are at least 3 different timelines being messed with in this show. Because it (the video) showed Joe Blake killing Frank Frink and that never happened. But we know that could not have happened in the real timeline because Nazis' weren't occupying the US in the 60s. So there has to be a minimum of 3 timelines shown so far.

BackFire
Finished season 1 last night. Solid show, liked the first few episodes more than the last few, but overall definitely worth watching.

tkitna
Originally posted by dadudemon
Here's my theory about the ending:

The real timeline is the timeline we know. This is a divergent timeline. There is some sort of supernatural consciousness transference going on. Tagomi (the trade minister) is able to figure out how to teleport his consciousness into the real timeline. But the Man in the high castle has been able to do more...bring actual evidence back. And there are at least 3 different timelines being messed with in this show. Because it (the video) showed Joe Blake killing Frank Frink and that never happened. But we know that could not have happened in the real timeline because Nazis' weren't occupying the US in the 60s. So there has to be a minimum of 3 timelines shown so far.

Thats an interesting take that I never thought about. I just thought the timeline they were living in was the real timeline and the films were made up showing the population what could be if they were to actually revolt. I also thought Tagomi had seen the films and was basically just daydreaming. Your explanation makes more sense. Thanks.

Agusto Pinochet
Idk I havint started it yet but I plan on doing so soon as soon as I finish up Z-Nation. whats the general consensus here on it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.