Aethism and Islam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
Is the Aethism movement using Islam to defeat Christianity through political correctness and linsky tactics.

Bardock42
No

Time-Immemorial
Are you aethiest?

Bardock42
Yes

Time-Immemorial
So why do you push Islamic rights over Christianity?

Bardock42
I do not, I think Muslims should have equal rights to Christians.

Time-Immemorial
Cleary you positions and postings here prove other wise.

Bardock42
I would argue the opposite. That your position is that Christianity should have a special place in politics and society, and my view that it should not and should be treated like all other Religions bothers you, so you accuse me of favouring Islam, when really that is not the case. I do not have allegiance to either Islam or Christianity, I just think people should be treated fairly and equally, no matter what their faith is.

Star428
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Is the Aethism movement using Islam to defeat Christianity through political correctness and linsky tactics.

Probably. thumb up

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Bardock42
I would argue the opposite. That your position is that Christianity should have a special place in politics and society, and my view that it should not and should be treated like all other Religions bothers you, so you accuse me of favouring Islam, when really that is not the case. I do not have allegiance to either Islam or Christianity, I just think people should be treated fairly and equally, no matter what their faith is.

I have said no such thing. I think it should be separate but you want a parallel society as Merkel has said it is. Even Merkel now realizes multi culturalism is a lie.

Shakyamunison
No. I don't see that connection. Isis is taking advantage of PC and stupid people.

-Pr-

No.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
No. I don't see that connection. Isis is taking advantage of PC and stupid people.

ISIS is against Christianity as we.. but liberals and media are against Christianity it seems and for Islam.

Star428
Well, that's pretty obvious.

Q99

So... you think the 'aethism' movement... is using another religion... to 'defeat' Christianity, itself a very multi-faceted bunch with a lot of different views... using treating people with respect?

You live in a strange, paranoid worldview.

Most liberals are Christians, as are most people in the media.

This is the weird thing, "these people aren't on my side, as I define it. Therefore, they must all be together and against anything I view as on my side!".

I've said it before, I'll say it again, you can't want someone else into holding different views than they do.

Surtur
There is no "defeating" Christianity in this country. Atheists know this. It's like genital herpes..even if it clears up a bit it is never truly gone.

Omega Vision
ISIS is against Christianity as we.. but liberals and media are against Christianity it seems and for Islam.
You sound really dumb when you say things like this.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Omega Vision
You sound really dumb when you say things like this.

Most of your posts are trolling these days, so they are all dumb.

NemeBro
Yes, our greatest dream is to see every Christian head on a pike. We will guide the Muslims into achieving this goal for us for now, until they have outlived their usefulness. Then we will turn the Jews against Islam as well. By the time there is only one religion left, our numbers will have grown so vast that we will no longer need to hide behind our unwitting religious tools.

Watch yourself Supra. You're next.

Lucius
What's an aetheist?

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by NemeBro
Yes, our greatest dream is to see every Christian head on a pike. We will guide the Muslims into achieving this goal for us for now, until they have outlived their usefulness. Then we will turn the Jews against Islam as well. By the time there is only one religion left, our numbers will have grown so vast that we will no longer need to hide behind our unwitting religious tools.

Watch yourself Supra. You're next.

laughing out loud

Q99
Everyone knows the great Atheismo is jealous and would allow working with no other gods.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by NemeBro

Watch yourself Supra. You're next. Praise be to Science, for it is understanding. Kill the believers!

AsbestosFlaygon
For some odd reason, I noticed that most atheists are pro-Islam, pro-Buddhism, pro-any-religion... except Christianity. It's like Christianity is their worst enemy. They treat Christians like they're the scum of the Earth. They always use the Crusades of the ol' Roman Catholic empires as an excuse for the CURRENT situation regarding Islamic terrorist attacks.

Past is past, people. Get over it. The Crusades are long over. It's time we accept that Radical Islam is the enemy, and has to eliminated at all costs, innocent lives be damned.

Star428
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
For some odd reason, I noticed that most atheists are pro-Islam, pro-Buddhism, pro-any-religion... except Christianity. It's like Christianity is their worst enemy. They treat Christians like they're the scum of the Earth. They always use the Crusades of the ol' Roman Catholic empires as an excuse for the CURRENT situation regarding Islamic terrorist attacks.

Past is past, people. Get over it. The Crusades are long over. It's time we accept that Radical Islam is the enemy, and has to eliminated at all costs, innocent lives be damned.

You had me up until you said "innocent lives be damned". Of course, innocents are always killed in war. There's nothing that can be done about that but by promoting the slogan "innocent lives be damned" it's like saying it's ok to turn the entire Middle East into glass just to destroy ISIS. We don't want to do that because it would kill our friends in Israel.

I agree with everything else you said though. thumb up

Time-Immemorial

Glad to see I'm not the only one to see this. Also Islam started the war in which started the crusades.

But yes, every single liberal here is pro Islam and Anti Christianity. It's sickings to see the absolute bias and hypocritical stances of people here. People like OV and Bardock and Q99 prime finger pointers at "Radical Christian Terrorists."

They won't ever over things because to them it validates their opinion. Funny though. None of us lived in the time of the crusades, but we do live in a time of Islamic terrorism it like the Muslim in Cheif, they won't admit Islam is the problem.

Tattoos N Scars
Atheism is a fulfillment of the great falling away mentioned in Scripture. Islam is a Satanic religion at its core. These are just signs of the times. It will get worse when the Antichrist establishes his own world religion. There will be no atheists during that time.

Time-Immemorial
It's sad people can't see they been duped by Barack Obama.

Lucius
Originally posted by Star428
You had me up until you said "innocent lives be damned". Of course, innocents are always killed in war. There's nothing that can be done about that but by promoting the slogan "innocent lives be damned" it's like saying it's ok to turn the entire Middle East into glass just to destroy ISIS. We don't want to do that because it would kill our friends in Israel.

I agree with everything else you said though. thumb up

You main objection to butchering hundreds of millions of people, is that the collateral damage might spillover and hurt some people you like?

That's a fascinating moral calculus. Actually, I can't even pretend. Its not fascinating. It's really ****ing stupid.

-Pr-
Glad to see I'm not the only one to see this. Also Islam started the war in which started the crusades.

But yes, every single liberal here is pro Islam and Anti Christianity. It's sickings to see the absolute bias and hypocritical stances of people here. People like OV and Bardock and Q99 prime finger pointers at "Radical Christian Terrorists."

They won't ever over things because to them it validates their opinion. Funny though. None of us lived in the time of the crusades, but we do live in a time of Islamic terrorism it like the Muslim in Cheif, they won't admit Islam is the problem.

Factually untrue.

Time-Immemorial
Proof?

Star428
Originally posted by -Pr-
Factually untrue.

LOL. No, it isn't. Muslims started that shit but I'm not surprised that you're one of those who buys into that anti-Christian propaganda bullshit that claims Christians were the instigators of that conflict.

Q99

... for one, the crusades were literally offensive wars by Christians, hence the name.

Nope, I'm not anti-Christianity, I'm anti terrorism regardless of reason, and I find it stupid and harmful to blame large groups of non-terrorists for actions of a far smaller group.

In the US, more terrorist attacks and casualties in the last decade have been caused by Christian terrorists. I point this out in part to illustrate how dumb it is to label whole religions based on what religion they are. I do not label all Christians this way, I point out that by your standards, it would be logical to label Christians this way, and this is why your standards are dumb.

Number one demographic fighting against Isis: Muslims.

We have very large numbers of Muslim allies and potential allies, numbering in the hundreds of millions. Only a fool throws away masses of allies, often active allies, to get at small numbers of enemies.

You just want to split the world into us and them, regardless of what people actually say- regardless of what the Muslims say, or regardless of what I say and how it is not what you say I say.

Time-Immemorial
Muslims believe and are taugh it's us vs them. When are you going to wake up and stop lying?

AsbestosFlaygon
I've read both the Koran and the Bible.
The Bible preaches love, kindness, hope, redemption, and mercy (I'm primarily talking about the NT, because the OT is filled with metaphors and symbolisms, it's literally difficult to decipher which is which) whilst the Koran teaches you to force your religion down to the throats of the "infidels", and slay them if they do not believe or do not convert (for it is Allah's will, and you shall be rewarded for these. 72 virgins if you die in the name of Allah)

Adam_PoE

Star428
Too bad Christ ratified the OT law. PWNed, Satanist.

Tattoos N Scars
Those passages in Deuteronomy describe the complete opposite of what Asbestos was saying. God was notvforcing Himself on anyone, but He was protecting His people from the spread of false religion.

Time-Immemorial
Too bad Christ ratified the OT law. PWNed, Satanist.

They only use the old testament because they are afraid to use the new testament because then they have to acknowledge Jesus.

Adam_PoE

Time-Immemorial

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Those passages in Deuteronomy describe the complete opposite of what Asbestos was saying. God was notvforcing Himself on anyone, but He was protecting His people from the spread of false religion.

The god of the Torah commands that if someone attempts to leave or convince others to leave the faith, that not only should he be executed, but that every person, guilty and innocent, young and old, in the entire city should be executed as well, and the entire town burned to the ground, never to be rebuilt.

The god of the Quran simply takes this one step further and commands believers to force non-believers to join the faith or die.

How is the latter somehow more egregious than the former? Both commands are completely immoral and absolutely abhorrent. I fail to see how Christians have the high ground here.

Adam_PoE
Yes that was the law of the land.

Nice try.

Also don't quote scripture at me, cause I will only destroy you more then I already do. I read the bible 3 times from to back.

http://i.gifntext.com/25430-i-am-petrified.gif

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

Surtur

Here is the thing you don't get though. Christianity is focused on because that religion has a vastly larger effect on this country then Islam or anything else. You see Radical Islam is the enemy, but you say it as if it's the only threat. Christianity represents are different kind of problem, it's more subtle..not something physical.

As much as people might be afraid of terrorists, Christianity has far more of an effect on the everyday lives of people in this country.

Q99
Originally posted by Surtur
Here is the thing you don't get though. Christianity is focused on because that religion has a vastly larger effect on this country then Islam or anything else. You see Radical Islam is the enemy, but you say it as if it's the only threat. Christianity represents are different kind of problem, it's more subtle..not something physical.

As much as people might be afraid of terrorists, Christianity has far more of an effect on the everyday lives of people in this country.

Also, consider location- Which atheists is one hearing from? American, sometimes European atheists, mostly, right?

I.e. they are people who grew up surrounded by Christians and are often former Christians. They focus on Christianity because it's what they know.

Atheists from Indonesia, Turkey, etc. will complain about Islam more because that's what *they* know. India? Hindu- and btw, I do a group of wandering atheists in India who travel around disproving mystical feats (stuff like sticking needles in the tongue, or pulling a vehicle with hooks in the flesh without bleeding) by performing them, and then explaining the science behind them.

To paraphrase one standup comedian-
"People sometimes ask me, 'you do jokes about all these other groups, why don't you do jokes about Muslims?', and I tell them,
'I don't do jokes about Muslims because I don't know anything about Muslims and neither do you.' "

Most English speaks know, at best, a very rough sketch of what Islam is like, and even of those who know more, they often only know about one or two particular cultures. An Indonesia Muslim- biggest Muslim culture in the world- is a fairly different thing from a Pakistani Muslims from a Turkish Muslim from an Egyptian Muslim.

Plus, of course, there's often big religion debates and groups within the same countries!

Consider, say, having a Mormon, a Roman Catholic, a Quaker, and a Southern Evangelical, and talking to all of them as if they all focused on the same things and had identical beliefs. Only, not even having enough knowledge of them to know what they had in common, but having to rely on second-hand accounts, and/or work on the similarities between it and Christianity.

That's pretty much where most people are. They don't *know* Muslims, let alone the real ins-and-outs of the religion.

-Pr-
Proof?

Me.

LOL. No, it isn't. Muslims started that shit but I'm not surprised that you're one of those who buys into that anti-Christian propaganda bullshit that claims Christians were the instigators of that conflict.

See above.

Though, just to specify, I was referring to this:

But yes, every single liberal here is pro Islam and Anti Christianity.

Time-Immemorial
Ur pro Islam

-Pr-
Ur pro Islam

Yes. And pro-Christianity. And pro-Buddhism, Hinduism etc.

So your point is still wrong.

Star428
It certainly seems like he is while also being anti-Christian. He's not alone though. Seems like the overwhelming majority of people who post in GDF or religion forum are the same way. Of course, they're all left-leaning. Another big surprise.

AsbestosFlaygon
God bless the USA. thumb up

Star428
Exactly, Asbestos... Exactly. Israel too.

Agusto Pinochet

Yes. Notice how everything atheists accuse Christians of doing muslims do 100x worse. Even liberals like Sam Harris and Bill Maher say that liberals are pro-islamic.

Clearly the reason the left backs islam is as a way to neutralize/suppress Christianity. However they will be singing a different tune when their kids start getting raped by radical muslims.

Prof. T.C McAbe
I think i might convert to Islam.

Lord Lucien
Past is past, people. Get over it. The Crusades are long over. It's time we accept that Radical Islam is the enemy, and has to eliminated at all costs, innocent lives be damned. So we hate radical Islam for taking innocent lives, so the solution is to destroy radical Islam at whatever cost to innocent life.

And you still consider yourself the good guy?

Agusto Pinochet
Most liberals/atheists are not smart enough to see every sterotype they have about Christians applies to Muslims just 10X more extreme. Thats just a fact.

Agusto Pinochet
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
So we hate radical Islam for taking innocent lives, so the solution is to destroy radical Islam at whatever cost to innocent life.

And you still consider yourself the good guy?

A real solution

http://conservativetribune.com/japan-shut-down-islam/

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Agusto Pinochet
Most liberals/atheists are not smart enough to see every sterotype they have about Christians applies to Muslims just 10X more extreme. Thats just a fact. Who are you the sock account of?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Agusto Pinochet
A real solution

http://conservativetribune.com/japan-shut-down-islam/ So banning people from immigrating because they believe in a different religion and we're afraid of them... makes you the good guy? How is that not just the lesser of two evil solutions?

"America the brave" lol

AsbestosFlaygon
Are you saying Japan is the bad guy, just because they do not accept Muslim immigrants?

Bentley
Are you saying Japan is the bad guy, just because they do not accept Muslim immigrants?

He is. Japan hater.

Lord Lucien
Are you saying Japan is the bad guy, just because they do not accept Muslim immigrants? To start with, that article he posted is worthless. It seems to be based on a false viral graphic that did the rounds. Some quick Googling found that Muslims aren't banned from entering Japan or becoming naturalized citizens. This article details further.

Second off, yeah, they would be the bad guys if it were true. Barring an entire religious group based on the loathsome actions of a few is... I don't think "horrible" is the best word. "Cowardly" is dead accurate though. It's telling people that we're so afraid of the harmful attempts of the dismal few, that we'll shun and isolate ourselves from the many. Argue the merits of whether such an action would actually keep people safe, but I'm frankly more worried about the alarming rates of school shootings, drunk driving, and and corporate fraud that seem to go unstopped. Regardless, it sends a clear and distinct message to Western-hating radicals:

We fear you.

Q99
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
To start with, that article he posted is worthless. It seems to be based on a false viral graphic that did the rounds. Some quick Googling found that Muslims aren't banned from entering Japan or becoming naturalized citizens. This article details further.

Second off, yeah, they would be the bad guys if it were true. Barring an entire religious group based on the loathsome actions of a few is... I don't think "horrible" is the best word. "Cowardly" is dead accurate though. It's telling people that we're so afraid of the harmful attempts of the dismal few, that we'll shun and isolate ourselves from the many. Argue the merits of whether such an action would actually keep people safe, but I'm frankly more worried about the alarming rates of school shootings, drunk driving, and and corporate fraud that seem to go unstopped. Regardless, it sends a clear and distinct message to Western-hating radicals:

We fear you.

Well-said.

NewGuy01

What on earth is Aethism? Sounds like some illuminati shit, that.

Trocity

Yes, it is all part of the grand plan.

Join the Aethists or be destroyed. The choice is yours.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.