Maul pins Sidious with force?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
I came across this, anyone have some info?
https://youtu.be/zQTdHU5u4Ig?t=4m58s

Agusto Pinochet
That was a prototype/not canon. Even if you use that Maul did nothing to Sidious who just laughed it off.

Darth Thor
It was a deleted scene so could be non-canon now. But it does show the missing part of the fight that we don't see in the episode.

Galan007
I don't see how/why a deleted scene would be canon. It was deleted for a reason, after all. /shrug

Darth Thor
Reason was time constraints.

And Some sort of fight clearly happened in the Palace that we didn't see, deleted scene or not.

Still I admit, they might have changed it if they included it, so can't be used as evidence I guess.

quanchi112
Sidious already called him a rival and the force can catch him off guard just like when Yoda force pushed him anyways.

Galan007
Originally posted by quanchi112
Sidious already called him a rival and the force can catch him off guard just like when Yoda force pushed him anyways. While it's true that Palpatine can be caught off guard, it's also true that Maul is a FAR cry from Yoda.

Anyway, the impression I got from the scene is that Maul was pinning/holding Palpatine against his will, and Palpatine resorted to force-dropping the ceiling fixture toward Maul in order to make him lose focus so that he could break free. If true, it would mean that Maul momentarily overpowered Palpatine with the Force... In which case I can understand why the scene was cut/deleted.

During the episode itself, Filoni went out of his way to show us that the Brothers weren't even remotely close to Palpatine's level... Especially with the Force. He toyed with them effortlessly in that area. That said, including the scene in question would have somewhat undermined the the tone of the entire battle(ergo it getting snipped.)

Furthermore, it's still a deleted scene that, judging by the rudimentary graphics, barely made it past the pre-production phase--so we know it was cut VERY early. No way in hell it should be regarded as canon, imo.

Darth Thor
^ Makes sense.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.